BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the actual mod list that I use to launch the server, minus  the optional JSRS.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/ninails99/Gamin%20Stuff/ModList_zpsc1fa0559-1.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Something is missing or not loading correctly. Arma 3's new system sucks ass. I had to use a recording program like fraps and video me getting kicked out, and go frame by frame to see the message telling me what I was missing.
I use Arma 3 Sync to launch. Apparently the order in which the mods are loaded is finnicky.

You mind posting your command line shortcut config?

This is the actual mod list that I use to launch the server, minus  the optional JSRS.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/ninails99/Gamin%20Stuff/ModList_zpsc1fa0559-1.png
In your mod list under Units, which mod is HSO?

And what is Hamachi?

Also, what do you think about the MH-47E?

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
That is some additional factions that I haven't used yet.

mod can be found HERE

They have some additional factions that might work with ALIVE, but I don't use them yet so I don't think I had it on the mod list.  Will be used in the future possibly for a mission on a diff. map.

Since Gamespy shutdown support a few months back, it broke a lot of multiplayer gaming for arma unless you have a pay dedicated server.  To get around that, we use Hamachi, a virtual LAN.

Get Hamachi HERE.  Grab the unmanaged one on the left.  Install, join my server, join game in arma.

hmmm Chinooks you say?   How about US Helicopters (HAFM Overhaul) Mod?

adds all kinds of choppers
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Combat Space Enhancement has been updated again, to version 6.1

snag it HERE
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I am used to just using Play with Six to get all my mods downloaded. I got the A3 launcher but when I go to get the additional mods i need from armaholic, where am I putting them?  Just into the folder that A3 shows all my other in?

I am also thinking we need to set up a time to get multiple players on. Maybe like a weekend event or something. How many players can your server hold and still be stable?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For anyone looking to upgrade their FOV

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182676-GPNVG-18-Panoramic-Night-Vision-Goggles

View Quote

I've been following the progress of these for a while now and it's definitely a help with the larger FOV. Just saw this thread but I play Arma a good bit and took note of the server info.  I'm definitely interested in playing sometime.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I am used to just using Play with Six to get all my mods downloaded. I got the A3 launcher but when I go to get the additional mods i need from armaholic, where am I putting them?  Just into the folder that A3 shows all my other in?  

View Quote

I am also thinking we need to set up a time to get multiple players on. Maybe like a weekend event or something. How many players can your server hold and still be stable?

Yes, put the mod folders in where your other mod folders go (Arma 3 folder)

In A3 Launcher, all your mods in your Arma 3 folder will be on the left.

On the right half (should be empty if you haven't done anything on A3 Launcher), you just drag whatever mods you want from the left side to the right side. Right click on the right side to make folder groups such as vehicles, units, maps, etc. Click the box next to the mod to activate it, or click the box on the folder group to activate all mods in that group.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Use Hamachi to join either atv89 or atv90  pwd is the standard ARFCOM number
Right click on "Da_Server" and select copy IPv4
Go to the ingame multiplayer option and choose remote
Paste the IP address,  Port is 2302
You should be joining Pork Eating Crusaders.  Same pwd.

Yes, update the updated mods, the game will kick you otherwise.  Several new content additions.

Also, some mods are not setup right by default through armaholic, at least.  I've noticed the DAR_XXXX guy does not include the right structure in his zip files.   Make sure that the .pbo and .bisign are within a "addons" folder inside the mod folder, otherwise the game will not see the mod.  

If you can't connect to the server, then you are missing a mod.  SmokinFlakes, have you been able to join?   Anyone can IM me if they are having issues.   I typically leave the server up and running on my secondary PC.

The next mission I am working on is an escape type where you have to get through the city on foot, scavenging weapons along the way.

After that will come a jungle mission using a nicely made new map.  I will setup these missions in the future to rotate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
       What is the server info?

And do I need to redownload all the mods that have been updated?  

Yes, update the updated mods, the game will kick you otherwise.  Several new content additions.

Also, some mods are not setup right by default through armaholic, at least.  I've noticed the DAR_XXXX guy does not include the right structure in his zip files.   Make sure that the .pbo and .bisign are within a "addons" folder inside the mod folder, otherwise the game will not see the mod.  

If you can't connect to the server, then you are missing a mod.  SmokinFlakes, have you been able to join?   Anyone can IM me if they are having issues.   I typically leave the server up and running on my secondary PC.

The next mission I am working on is an escape type where you have to get through the city on foot, scavenging weapons along the way.

After that will come a jungle mission using a nicely made new map.  I will setup these missions in the future to rotate.

Nope, I finally saw the server in game and it kept kicking me.  I updated the mods you last posted, but for some reason I can't get in.  Although I didn't download the Flyboy junk.  I could care less about anything other than a helo pilot getting me to the action.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nope, I finally saw the server in game and it kept kicking me.  I updated the mods you last posted, but for some reason I can't get in.  Although I didn't download the Flyboy junk.  I could care less about anything other than a helo pilot getting me to the action.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
       What is the server info?

And do I need to redownload all the mods that have been updated?  

That is why you are being kicked.  Must haz all mods or it will boot you.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, a set time to get some coordinated action would be fun.

I have 10 slots on the server.  We've done 3 or 4 with no real difference in performance.

It's crazy challenging.    Mucho troops and IEDs on the ground.     Anti-air guns to squish the flyers  
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Lulz.

Yall don't forget to cook for your wife.

Happy wife happy life = arma 3 play time
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#11]

ATV: any way to get the re-arm option to work on the F-18s?

It would be nice to be able to customize the skin and armaments.

Also, I suggest looking into Loadout Editor (LEA; @LEA), although the Arma 3 LEA kinda sucks.

Basically you can make loadouts (weapon, gear, stuff, shit, etc) for your player, go in game and scroll will and select "Apply Loadout" and it will automatically put that selected profile on your player.

What I said being about the Arma 3 version sucking is, is that it seems you have to manually assign everything to a faction, or you'll end up having everything under one section.....which makes it difficult having to scroll through 87000 items to find what your looking for.

The LEA for Arma 2 was fairly simple as it automatically assigned weapons a and gear to the right section and faction.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#12]
As far as weapon loadouts for your player, there are three ways incorporated already,

VAS: Virtual Ammo Box

ASOR Gear Selector

Virtual Arsenal

Check the two big boxes, they have action menus to open those up.   All of those can save loadouts for use later.  The Virtual Arsenal can even do a random gear assignment.

Also don't forget to load up on some medical supplies.

For planes, I'll look into it.  You may just have to work with what the Air Force gives you, soldier!  

There is a set of tasks to do in the mission that will eventually lead to its completion.  So far we haven't gotten very far on it yet
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
When I open the virtual ammo box, the orange boxes don't have any text, so I'm having to guess what it is by trial and error
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Downloaded all the flyboy junk and still a no go on joining the server.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Any chance of eventually doing this on Takistan?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Downloaded all the flyboy junk and still a no go on joining the server.
View Quote

IM me your email and I will send you the mission folder.  You can load it up in the editor and it will tell you specifically what you are missing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any chance of eventually doing this on Takistan?
View Quote

In a word, yes!  

Almost done with the second Fallujah mission, a lower  asset available escape type where you have to go through the city, largely on foot and scavenging weapons.  completely Co-op oriented.

Takistan is next on the list  
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:48:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Me and esstac ran into an issue.

While playing the mission, the friendly choppers went and hovered over a specific area the whole time, and it seemed like that forced the server to reserve all enemies for that area, because when we went there, we found 20+ technicals and a bunch of other ground units...

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

While playing the mission, the friendly choppers went and hovered over a specific area the whole time, and it seemed like that forced the server to reserve all enemies for that area, because when we went there, we found 20+ technicals and a bunch of other ground units...

http://youtu.be/GsVkG0_SjCY
View Quote

I could tell the ALIVE system to not spawn friendly air units, think that would help?

Fallujah Escape is ready for Testing!  Need a group to run with.

Work on Takistan shall commence!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#20]
ATV.... you sent me your escape mission the other night.... I meant the ISIS hunt one. can you send me that. So me and others can use the file in the editor to see what files we are missing. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I could tell the ALIVE system to not spawn friendly air units, think that would help?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/GsVkG0_SjCY

I'd be happy to test it with y'all. My a-10 appears to be missing sound and I'm still working on getting my hotas to work with helicopters, but I think I got everything else working.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ATV.... you sent me your escape mission the other night.... I meant the ISIS hunt one. can you send me that. So me and others can use the file in the editor to see what files we are missing. Thanks!
View Quote

Yeah I found that out when troubleshooting Dig Doug's issues

Legit one sent!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I just watched your mission Grim and it appears that you ran into their perimeter defense.

Things are working as intended there

Those convoys are totally random.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

There should be a Hemett near the A10s that can reload them.   Or just crash them and let them respawn
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
There should be a Hemett near the A10s that can reload them.   Or just crash them and let them respawn

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not talking about that kind of re-arm. I was talking about customizing your payload. On the F-18s (I believe the A10s also do this), you can select what armaments you want and how many.

I'll try again tonight....as long as my wife doesn't snag me away from my lair

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#27]
OK, I got into where it DL the mission file from the server.  After picking a class.  I get an error with an Alive Config file.

ETA got into the server and game.  The virtual ammo box isn't working well for me either.  Was easier to do the virtual armory to set myself up.  Still getting a couple of small vehicle file errors.  But nothing kick worthy anymore.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm not talking about that kind of re-arm. I was talking about customizing your payload. On the F-18s (I believe the A10s also do this), you can select what armaments you want and how many.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, pull the hemmett next to the F-18.   Jump in the F18.  Scroll wheel menu will now have a "Service menu" option.   Pick that and choose your loadout  
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OK, I got into where it DL the mission file from the server.  After picking a class.  I get an error with an Alive Config file.

ETA got into the server and game.  The virtual ammo box isn't working well for me either.  Was easier to do the virtual armory to set myself up.  Still getting a couple of small vehicle file errors.  But nothing kick worthy anymore.
View Quote

Yeah there is an alive message and some blah blah blah turret message.  Just click through and you'll be gtg.

VAS does take awhile to load when you first jump in.   That is why there is V.A. as well, people can use whatever they prefer.

You could also use the boxes all over the spawn area to arm up then use VA / VAS to save the loadout.  Don't forget some meds!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Takistan will feature Blufor as a mercenary force using mostly old outdated equipment and leftover gear.

As such, it will require a new addon: T6 Texan II

Think CAS with a propeller  
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Working on getting all the addons installed.  Hopefully I can hop on later today.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Takistan map is coming along nicely.  It even appears to play better than Fallujah since the map is more spread out.  The scenario is that the peshmerga have been largely crushed by ISIS due to the lack of definitive involvement by the international community.   ISIS has commenced a general invasion of the mountainous Iraqi Kurdistan region.   A small token outpost of UN peacekeepers in the area has come under attack.   You are part of a mercenary outfit going in to kick ass and chew bacon.  Your team has managed to secure a few abandoned armored vehicles left over from the american occupation along with a few Iraqi assets.

Outnumbered but not out motivated, it's time to go to work.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I think that it will run much smoother on a map besides fallujah too.

Maybe its my end but I think a lot of the performance hit is coming from the map when going into the city
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I think that it will run much smoother on a map besides fallujah too.

Maybe its my end but I think a lot of the performance hit is coming from the map when going into the city
View Quote

I take a hit when I'm in the city. I went from 75fps to 28fps
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Tried it out a little bit yesterday.  Has quite a few bugs in it but looks like it could be enjoyable with enough people.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:09:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Tried it out a little bit yesterday.  Has quite a few bugs in it but looks like it could be enjoyable with enough people.
View Quote

It's quite a blast to have several people on at once.  Grim is a badass-CAS provider.  Maybe someday we'll even beat the mission.  

Report any bugs you find here, so I can squish 'em.  I know the C130 imbeds its ass into the ground.  Still working on that wonky plane.   Doug and I found out that you can actually use a stratotanker to refuel a fighter in the air. Kinda neat.

I'm working on learning the arma scripting so in the future more of the tasks will be handled by scripts and not hand done in the editor.

If anyone has any cool ideas / thoughts about objectives to do, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Is there a list of all the mods we need to have to play on your server OP?

Just starting this shit, hoping I can figure out how it works.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Is there a list of all the mods we need to have to play on your server OP?

Just starting this shit, hoping I can figure out how it works.
View Quote

The front page has a list of all mods needed. If you are still have errors we can email you the file so you can open it in editor and it will tell you exactly what your missing. I suggest downloading from the list first though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#39]
ISIS has invaded Iraqi Kurdistan!

Server switched to the Taki map for some testing.  Let me know what I broke

If you get the following error: AiA_Buildings_Config' requires addon 'AiA_Buildings_Data

Then remove @RDS_A2_IslandFixes.  (if you have it)

Be sure the get the recently updated (to 1.35) Texan II mod HERE and the update to CSE 0.7.0 which is HERE

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#40]

I really nee to swap things over to PWS. I like PWS because it will update mods without having to delete and re-download mods.

However, there are some guns from in the VAS that do not have sound. I think they are the Robert Hammer M16/M4s

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I really nee to swap things over to PWS. I like PWS because it will update mods without having to delete and re-download mods.

View Quote

However, there are some guns from in the VAS that do not have sound. I think they are the Robert Hammer M16/M4s

PWS doesn't have some of the mods that the server requires. I ended up going with Arma III sync.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Downloaded the new CSE and the Texan mod. Won't let me in the server anymore. I just get booted back to server list.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Downloaded the new CSE and the Texan mod. Won't let me in the server anymore. I just get booted back to server list.
View Quote

I put the Fallujah map back up, see if it will let you in.  That will tell us if is a new mod or something specific to the taki map.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I put the Fallujah map back up, see if it will let you in.  That will tell us if is a new mod or something specific to the taki map.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't get your mission file to work. Arma doesn't "see" it.

Fallujah map worked, but I got "waiting for host"
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM'd yeah about the taki mission.  Appears on the server you were close to getting in.  Usually you have to click through a couple messages to get it going.

Also added a third Hamachi for the server, atv91

EDIT:  I think I know the problem... Arma 3 updated to 1.32.  I have to update the server too whenever arma updates
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#46]
whats the password to the server?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok I see you changed the server back...

I had to download MCC Mission Control to get in
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

That shouldn't be a requirement      I'll remove it.

I see battleeye booted you though.
Always the same password

EDIT:  ok found it.  It wanted MCC because of a supply box I chose     Dependancy removed and server updated.  See if you can get into Taki map now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Always the same password
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always the same password

When I posted that, the server had a different name, version 1.30 with 1/9 players..... then 30 minutes later it was running 1.32 back at the old name
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When I posted that, the server had a different name, version 1.30 with 1/9 players..... then 30 minutes later it was running 1.32 back at the old name
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always the same password

Odd, I updated that server to 1.32 this morning.  Both maps use the same server name.  You might have been seeing my testing server as I work on the taki map, server name is my name?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top