BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

High 360s/low 370s is fine for normal mode. And ideally you'll gear up as you progress through the raid.  I think I picked up two or three light points by the time we got to Aksis on my first time through.

Heroic mode, I dunno. I'm guessing the fights leading up to Aksis are gonna be 380-390ish, with the Aksis fight being 400.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got to 369 last night thanks to lcoates and jdub. I feel like I'm ready to give the raid a shot again. I promise this time I won't play sunsinger and I didn't wake up at 3am so I won't fall asleep during the Aksis explanation.

Up to 371 now, not with my preferred equipment but I suppose I could infuse.

High 360s/low 370s is fine for normal mode. And ideally you'll gear up as you progress through the raid.  I think I picked up two or three light points by the time we got to Aksis on my first time through.

Heroic mode, I dunno. I'm guessing the fights leading up to Aksis are gonna be 380-390ish, with the Aksis fight being 400.

Well I'm hoping to be on around 7:30-8 to raid. Anyone up for it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Hello all.  Just dropping in, mainly because I ran into one of you guys last night playing some crucible, on Xbox.  Saw the ARFCOM tag, and just knew it had to be from here.  Messaged the guy too about it.  Even though I'm in a clan already, I would still like to run with you guys sometime.  my GT is SilentDrifterGT.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hello all.  Just dropping in, mainly because I ran into one of you guys last night playing some crucible, on Xbox.  Saw the ARFCOM tag, and just knew it had to be from here.  Messaged the guy too about it.  Even though I'm in a clan already, I would still like to run with you guys sometime.  my GT is SilentDrifterGT.
View Quote

Glad to see you make it in.  I'll be adding you tonight to my list tonight.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Got Outbreak Prime started tonight.  That was a fun raid
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice!!!  I still need to get my feet wait on the raid.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Close maps it absolutely wrecks
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

At least you don't lose progress with deaths like you did in year one.

I'm planning on doing mine in mayhem with a shotgun or a fusion rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had a Siva offering so I wandered over to Archons forge and found players there.   Stayed for maybe half an hour, used he offering I brought and 1 I gained during play, finished all of the Bounties I had but 1 and it was raining engrams.  Gear clots were packed full nearly everywhere, the post master was maxed at 20; I've never had that happen before.

Picked up the Light in Dark Quest.

Hurray Void kills in the Crucible.  Guess I'll try Atheons Epilogue Autorifle see if it'll do anything for me, other wise it's going to be shotgun shotgun shotgun.

At least you don't lose progress with deaths like you did in year one.

I'm planning on doing mine in mayhem with a shotgun or a fusion rifle.

I did mine over the weekend with the Stolen Will shotgun. I tried using the Dead Orbit shotgun, but the rate of fire was way to slow. Of course I deleted Atheons Epilogue because I didn't think I would need it anymore, but I was wrong. In the end it didn't matter, got it done.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Had a Siva offering so I wandered over to Archons forge and found players there.   Stayed for maybe half an hour, used he offering I brought and 1 I gained during play, finished all of the Bounties I had but 1 and it was raining engrams.  Gear clots were packed full nearly everywhere, the post master was maxed at 20; I've never had that happen before.

Picked up the Light in Dark Quest.

Hurray Void kills in the Crucible.  Guess I'll try Atheons Epilogue Autorifle see if it'll do anything for me, other wise it's going to be shotgun shotgun shotgun.

View Quote

Use your void subclass and max your discipline and you will have a grenade every 25sec.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are other clans? 

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If the other guy ain't shooting back, sure.

100/2 auto rifles need a very specific set up of perks to be really something in the crucible, and Atheon's Epilogue doesn't have any of them.  It's outclassed at close to mid range by a well rolled Eyasluna or the vendor Palindrome (or the rifle Atheon's Epilogue wished it was, Doctrine of Passing), at mid to long range by basically any pulse rifle in the game, and at long range by scout rifles, especially ones of the Mida archetype.  Not to mention that the ability to close the distance very quickly, combined with the power of shotguns, means that someone is gonna laugh at you the whole while you're trying to kill them with that thing, as they rush and shotgun you to death before you can do anything about it.

Still, it is better than relying on special and heavy, but not by much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100/2 auto rifles need a very specific set up of perks to be really something in the crucible, and Atheon's Epilogue doesn't have any of them.  It's outclassed at close to mid range by a well rolled Eyasluna or the vendor Palindrome (or the rifle Atheon's Epilogue wished it was, Doctrine of Passing), at mid to long range by basically any pulse rifle in the game, and at long range by scout rifles, especially ones of the Mida archetype.  Not to mention that the ability to close the distance very quickly, combined with the power of shotguns, means that someone is gonna laugh at you the whole while you're trying to kill them with that thing, as they rush and shotgun you to death before you can do anything about it.

Works for me.  DId the entire crucible part of the Thorn Y2 quest in 3 matches with it and Voidfang Vestments.  If you get the drop on someone, it'll melt their faces off.  Point is, it worked for me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There are other clans?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are other clans?

Sure there are, I created it. We're not much of a clan per say, just a group of friends that mainly created one, for the achievements back in Year 1 of Destiny.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Works for me.  DId the entire crucible part of the Thorn Y2 quest in 3 matches with it and Voidfang Vestments.  If you get the drop on someone, it'll melt their faces off.  Point is, it worked for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did that quest with Atheon's Epilogue too. I was an assist master with that gun. Towards the end, I was getting better with it, where I was winning gun fights with it because they had to reload, and I didn't. Or I was better at keeping it aimed at their head.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Nightfall is Shield Brothers with Solar Burn and Grounded...

NOPE.

Dead Orbit is taking Spinmetal donations for those racking up with the Ghost.

Everything subject to change with the update coming around lunch today.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nightfall is Shield Brothers with Solar Burn and Grounded...

NOPE.

Dead Orbit is taking Spinmetal donations for those racking up with the Ghost.

Everything subject to change with the update coming around lunch today.
View Quote

I've got vanguard and faction packages waiting for both my hunter and titan, and hopefully DO still take spinmetal after the update.

Edit to add: I need a warlock and titan that have completed the OP quest to help me out with the final part, so I can unlock it for the extra boost to light level before I go decrypting a bunch of stuff and opening packages.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone want to run the raid tonight?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure.  Unless you're looking for Hard mode.  What time you looking to start?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the general consensus that Archon’s Forge is thee place for leveling up quickly? I'm at 356 but it has taken quite a while, moving a point every day or two. Doing lots of bounties to raise rankings and strikes/crucible. The drops are always just the same or 1 light level above.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
FYI drops over 385 will not go into effect until HM raid goes live this PM. I assume this was done to make first clear of HM a bit more challenging than decrypting stockpiled engrams.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in it there's room
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is the general consensus that Archon’s Forge is thee place for leveling up quickly? I'm at 356 but it has taken quite a while, moving a point every day or two. Doing lots of bounties to raise rankings and strikes/crucible. The drops are always just the same or 1 light level above.
View Quote

That's the grind. There is no quick way to lvl up. You will only gain 1-3 light in the raid and at 356 you will spend the whole time in a corner or dead.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

You'll get a MST of engrams in Archon's Forge, but they mostly come out as 340 crap.  Rarely do I see a blue with light in the 360s.  I've had better results from the Heroic strike playlist though.  Pop a  3ofC and use the skeleton keys that sometimes drop in them. 
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
FYI drops over 385 will not go into effect until HM raid goes live this PM. I assume this was done to make first clear of HM a bit more challenging than decrypting stockpiled engrams.
View Quote

I thought bungo said update would be live 2 hrs before so people could get artifacts/ghosts from the forge. Doesn't matter to me as I'll be on my normal time. Wanna run the nightfall. Lol
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#28]
•All changes to increase Light above 385 will take effect upon the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine
> >- The SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 365 Light
> >- The Heroic SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 385 Light
> >- Archon's Forge can now drop rewards up to 385 Light
> >- Archon's Forge can now drop Ghosts and Artifacts up to 400 Light
>- Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, Crucible, and Strike Hoards will now provide drops up to 400 Light
>- Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner will now attempt to reward higher Light items on average
> Packages > > >- Vanguard, Crucible, and Faction packages will now provide drops up to 390 Light
>- Increased chance of Artifacts from Crota's Bane Reputation Packages
> >- Increased chance of Ghosts from New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, Vanguard, and Crucible Reputation Packages
> > >## Engrams > > >- Rare Engrams will now decrypt up to 365 Light > >- Legendary Engrams will now decrypt up to 385 Light >- Exotic Engrams will now decrypt up to 400 Light > >
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I thought bungo said update would be live 2 hrs before so people could get artifacts/ghosts from the forge. Doesn't matter to me as I'll be on my normal time. Wanna run the nightfall. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can download the update now. I guess LL is capped at 385 for most items until 5 EST.

I'll give the NF a shot but considering the recommended LL is 380 with solar and grounded I'm already sweating the last room.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I want no part of Shield Brothers with solar burn and grounded.

I haven't been on much lately, but I'll be on tonight with a friend either working on Ghorn and Khvostov or messing around in Archon's Forge.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You can download the update now. I guess LL is capped at 385 for most items until 5 EST.
<div>

</div>
I'll give the NF a shot but considering the recommended LL is 380 with solar and grounded I'm already sweating the last room.
View Quote

Hmph.  The update isn't showing for me. 
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I want no part of Shield Brothers with solar burn and grounded.

I haven't been on much lately, but I'll be on tonight with a friend either working on Ghorn and Khvostov or messing around in Archon's Forge.
View Quote

+1 No way.  It's not fun with solar alone.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

7-8pm EST?  Looks like we have 3 including myself.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#36]
If you are under 365 I suggest grinding strikes and Archons Forge. Blues now go up to 365. Equip them as you go and decrypt one at a time. I would save every legendary engram until you hit 365 to help you progress from there. At 385 legendaries cap out. Still decrypt them first for a chance to turn into an exotic. Faction packages can hit 390 so do these after legendaries. Exotics and skeleton key chests are last as they can hit 400.

I bumped up 2 LL this afternoon thanks to faction packages and exotics.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shout when ready... I'll be mucking around in the Plaguelands until then.  Bet we can recruit 3 more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Shout when ready... I'll be mucking around in the Plaguelands until then.  Bet we can recruit 3 more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on.  Ready whenever.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm on.  Ready whenever.
View Quote

Fallen and I are both milling about in orbit...waiting on a FT invite.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Can has party invite? Friend list is fucky
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#41]
The Strike is being very generous tonight. I went up 2 LL in just over an hour. Received 4 blues and a legendary to drop in the low 360's during 1 strike.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can has party invite? Friend list is fucky
View Quote

By the time they get friends lists to work it will be year 10. Mine hasn't worked in atleast 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#45]
I went from 353 to 358 tonight just using blue engrams. I didn't have these stocked up either - thats just what I got today.

And Gjallarhorn.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:08:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Having a doctors appointment, and having that as motivation, to take the day off from work, turned out pretty good.  With the changes to light level, I went from 384 to 391.  I definitely got lucky with completing the weekly patrol bounty for Shiro.  He gave me two legendary's, and then Tyra Karn, decrypted both of them into exotics. Now faction packages are useless to me, since they are capped at 390, as far a light level is concerned.

I did managed to see two people at he tower though, that were 396, and 399 already.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Having a doctors appointment, and having that as motivation, to take the day off from work, turned out pretty good.  With the changes to light level, I went from 384 to 391.  I definitely got lucky with completing the weekly patrol bounty for Shiro.  He gave me two legendary's, and then Tyra Karn, decrypted both of them into exotics. Now faction packages are useless to me, since they are capped at 390, as far a light level is concerned.

I did managed to see two people at he tower though, that were 396, and 399 already.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Saw a guy on Reddit who is 400.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

<div>

</div>
View Quote

Damn! rnd( ) was good to you!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<div>

</div>

For once they were good to me.

Edit:  Looks like my exotic engrams are hitting some sort of wall.  So far two decoded into my current light of 391.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top