Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guilty of running during the strikes. Not so much during heroics at the moment because it's more dangerous. Taniks-I'm not stopping until the grav lift room. Darkblade- I'm just killing the wizard to open the door and going invis in the shrieker room. I've started running more in the Malok strike because I can't stand it and want it to be over as quickly as possible. With the introduction of skeleton keys strikes for me are now all about the rep grind. Patrol is where I slow down and take things more leisurely.

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I try to kill as much as I can. You never know when a legendary will drop, and I've gotten a few exotics over the last week from blue engrams. I got the new titan exotic boots to drop at 361 from a blue last night, and a buddy of mine was happier than hell when he finally got the armamentarium to drop out of a blue.

It's probably no quicker one guy running all the way through to the boss, than all 3 working through the strike together.

I've come to the point where if someone is playing recklessly and dies, I'll go teabag them and walk off. Or if I'm a titan, I'll pop a bubble over them right when they are using a rocket and make them die. Maybe I'm an asshole in those regards, but it makes me feel better.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Since ROI was released I have been kicked more times than I care to admit. Anyone else having connection issues?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since ROI was released I have been kicked more times than I care to admit. Anyone else having connection issues?
View Quote

No one that I know of have really had any issues and I can't recall seeing anything on Reddit in the past week
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a lot of problems from the weekend before release until about a day or two after release of RoI, but I have not had any issues since.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess it's just me then. I've got cable internet and everything at my new house, no more dsl for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I got disconnected once since the update
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I've gotten disconnected once and that was due to my modem taking a shit.

I'm up to 357 light on my whorelock. Completed a Shiro bounty today and was given 'The Continental' vanguard auto rifle at 357 light.

I work this weekend so I'm out for the raid.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
A piece of advise. If you can wait don't decode your exotic engrams till you hit 365. Once you hit the 365 wall in strikes the only way to get past that is the the chests, exotic engrams and faction packages.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Crucible is still very laggy and inconsistent, new maps are mostly horrible.  I bought the vendor roll Dead Orbit Last Ditch shotgun, and it is very, very crispy.  If you don't have a god roll Party Crasher or Matador, this is a pretty good one to have.

Looking forward to raiding tomorrow night.
View Quote

How does the Last Ditch compare to the quest Conspiracy Theory-Douche? The CT-D is the only shotgun I've done halfway decent with due to the stupid range. In other words, I just suck at shotgunning. I've been working at it lately, though, as it seems Bungie wants the Crucible to be nothing but shotguns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm up to 363 if you need a hunter tomorrow night.

Just played the worst strike ever on malok. Just me and one other guy. He was afk from the get go. I clear the first room by myself, another guy joins and we make it to malok. I should have know when the afker appeared what was going on. Me and the 3rd guy kill the boss and the afker is magically moving. He killed two whole enemies to my over 100. I was a little salty to say the least. Could have backed out, but had a heck of a streak going. I hate asshats like that
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll probably be wanting to run a raid Saturday if there are the people and I'm recovered from my flight btw.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#16]
i'm down for a Saturday raid.

361 at the moment, but hopefully by the end of tonight i'll get another 2 or 3 points.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm guilty of running during the strikes. Not so much during heroics at the moment because it's more dangerous. Taniks-I'm not stopping until the grav lift room. Darkblade- I'm just killing the wizard to open the door and going invis in the shrieker room. I've started running more in the Malok strike because I can't stand it and want it to be over as quickly as possible. With the introduction of skeleton keys strikes for me are now all about the rep grind. Patrol is where I slow down and take things more leisurely.
View Quote

Same. When I'm grinding on three characters, not a chance I'm jogging through strikes killing every enemy. I'm speeding through where I can.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Blasting through a strike is cool provided everyone else is aware that you're doing that shit.

In a three man fireteam playing with regs where we're talking to each other, sure, no prob. Randos doing that is annoying.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll take all the help we can get.  I'd love to get the pulse rifle, but right this minute I wanna clear the damn raid before anything else.
View Quote

I'm in if there is room. Haven't recognised all the new names in here. There are a bunch of us arfcommers online everyday too.

SLLENT_SLN --PSN
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm an Xbox kid, sorry man.

I should be on around 7pm this evening.
View Quote

I'll be on running heroics trying to inch higher.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys think 348 is "close enough" to hold my own on Heroic strikes?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Ive been doing it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill run some with ya. Im having a difficult time getting people to stay in the game to finish a mission
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Did anyone raid last night? Is anyone planning to raid tonight?
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm going to try to raid if I feel human
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#32]
For phase 1, and upgraded raze lighter does wonders on the sword vandal and captain. Hit me with a grenade then smash. I couplenit with the raid fusion gun which is awesome btw.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Found an Easter egg on Iron mountain (social) by happen stance.  

If you stand in in the big fire pit and some one hits something (some one hit it just as I jumped not sure what it is, kind of like the fan in the tower) it will launch you to the top of the gate tower.  On top of that I found a fragment (for got the name of it for iron mountain).  You can also drop down to the other side and run around the  cable car station.  You can also open up the doors on the tower from that side when you drop down.

It was also nice to see people making their way up the mountain as high as they can and jumping.  Lemming suicide at its greatest.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We ran it last night up to Aksis, but a severe light deficiency ruined me.

There are some Fallen majors that have to be dealt with in the last couple of encounters, and if you don't have the light level and/or a lot of heavy and help from teammates, they will definitely fuck you up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did anyone raid last night? Is anyone planning to raid tonight?

We ran it last night up to Aksis, but a severe light deficiency ruined me.

There are some Fallen majors that have to be dealt with in the last couple of encounters, and if you don't have the light level and/or a lot of heavy and help from teammates, they will definitely fuck you up.

I haven't read anything about the raid. How far along is that and what was your LL when you got there?
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm at 362 light now from running heroic strikes last night.  I'm on Xbox now if anyone wants to join up.  Supra MK3
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm at 362 light now from running heroic strikes last night.  I'm on Xbox now if anyone wants to join up.  Supra MK3
View Quote

I'll hit you up in a few, inflictedtag81.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#37]
360 should be OK up until final boss encounter. Things go up a notch there. Shanks required 4 hits from a scout and could melt you in no time. Captain management is a huge part of phase 1 and 2 of final fight. They have cannons and will smoke you with them or melee you in no time. A shotgun or sword is a great way to take them down quickly. I believe 370 is the magic number to fare a little better in the final boss encounter.

I've still got my Aksis checkpoint and will probably be aiming to give it another go Monday night for those who would like to try.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#40]
I hit 367 tonight. 365 is as high as I could get out of strikes without opening any chests. Archon Forge, faction, and vanguard packages look to be about the only way to level up besides crucible, exotic engrams, and challenge of elders if you aren't running the raid.

I picked up the Angel's Advocate scout rifle from the quartermaster finally. Holy hell.....I think I found my new favorite gun. I used the explosive rounds perk, going to see if I like smallbore better tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 2:56:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for dragging my non-contributing ass through 2/3 of the raid tonight.  Up to 356/357 (depending) and got anexotic boot engram I'm holding for later.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]
So I have an Aksis phase 2 (final) checkpoint if we want to run it today.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So I have an Aksis phase 2 (final) checkpoint if we want to run it today.
View Quote
I've got the same checkpoint on my 370 hunter. I don't think I'll be on today but would love to scrap a team together tomorrow evening to see if we can get a clear before reset.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll be on if you need another.  Just send me a message.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wandered around a little throughout the day doing bounties and stuff, thinking about the past couple Wrath of the Machine attempts I've made, and I have some opinions and thoughts about the raid and fireteams and such.  I'm not trying to be a jerk, just offering my two cents that I think will help fire teams overall be better, stronger and more versatile.  This will probably be a little long winded, but it's just my views and opinions as a dude who's no-lifed the shit out of this game.

Heavy ammo.  Use that shit.  Most of us are under leveled for Wrath of the Machine at this moment, and packs of Fallen splicers and/or shielded major captains are serious trouble.  In the raid, please bring plenty of heavy ammo synths with you, and should you see something that needs to die in a hurry, don't be shy about dumping a rocket for it.  Saving heavy for boss damage, rainy days or whatever doesn't matter if the team gets overrun and killed by ads before they ever get to the boss DPS phase.  If you aren't using Raze Lighter or something as a dedicated captain killer, please use whatever other heavy you've got and don't be stingy with it.  This is mostly a function of us being below the recommended light level for the encounter, so I feel we've got to use whatever advantages we can get to survive.

Communicate.  There's a lot going on at any given time, call something out when you see it.  When you die, what killed you?  Is it still alive and is it a serious threat - i.e., were you weak and got finished off by a dreg, or did you get steamrolled by a captain who's at full health/full shields?  Where's your orb at?  Were you doing something, do you have a Siva bomb that needs to be thrown at something, were you toting parts for the Siege Machine, were you going to get a cannon to kill a servitor?  Is your body in a safe spot to res?  How much time to you have to res?  If you're still alive, do you need help on your side?  Do you need cover while you use an ammo synth?  

Do you see something going on during the fight that can kill us all?  Say something about it.

Yes, I'm talking about the braintrust last night that somehow determined it was a good idea to not say anything about the monitors at Vosik, just to see if everyone else was paying attention to them as well.  With all due respect, the reasoning behind that is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard playing this game.  Seriously, that is weapons-grade stupid.  If there was ever a reason to kick someone from a fireteam, that'd be it.  But I digress.

Warlocks, please consider using something else besides Sunsinger and Fireborn.  I mained warlock for a long time, I used and abused self res as well, and I understand it has its clutch moments, but none of those moments are really in Wrath of the Machine, IMO.  Maybe if your job is to rush the Siege Machine and kill the captain so the ramp drops, that's about it.  Consider that if you die to any of the wipe mechanics in the raid, of which there are many, you can't res with Fireborn anyways.  These things are a team effort, so you should consider your super as a team-enhancing thing, which fireborn radiance is not.  Sitting on your super until you die is not generating orbs for your team, and you're not killing stuff and progressing in the boss fights (progressing in the sense of clearing ads and preparing for a damage phase).  You're not enhancing damage dealt or damage resilience like ward of dawn can, you're not blowing up packs of stuff like hammers, nova bomb or stormtrance can, you're not slowing/debuffing bosses or packs of ads like shadowshot can.  

"But self res!" I know, and this is stating the obvious, but stop dying.  Seriously.  There are nine sub classes in this game, and eight of them get by just fine without being able to resurrect themselves.  I promise, play a different class in high end PVE, it may be rough starting out, but ultimately it will make you a better player and you will contribute more to your team overall.
View Quote

Yeah, the shit with the monitors was annoying. Guy knew what he was doing and all but that was just stupid. As far as sunsinger goes, why didn't you say something last night? I'd have been happy to change to something else if I was asked.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I see a Stormcaller being very beneficial during death zamboni and Aksis for ad/captain control.

Let me know who wants to ty and take Aksis down tomorrow night about 7:30/8 EST. I prefer Arfcom guys over a random PUG. First dibs to our squad from Friday night.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes, I'm talking about the braintrust last night that somehow determined it was a good idea to not say anything about the monitors at Vosik, just to see if everyone else was paying attention to them as well.  With all due respect, the reasoning behind that is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard playing this game.  Seriously, that is weapons-grade stupid.  If there was ever a reason to kick someone from a fireteam, that'd be it.  But I digress.
View Quote

Haha, yes, that was really stupid.  "we aren't going to call it out to get everyone in the habit of paying attention."

I hit 367 light and I'm down to finish the raid tomorrow night.
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top