Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm really liking Red Death. I'm used to my scout rifle so the slow rate of fire doesn't bother me, and I feel that it's quicker to take down enemies. Some enemies require 2 headshots from the scout rifle, but with Red Death, the 3 shot burst weakens the enemy with the first bullet then the second bullet takes off their head. So one trigger pull with the Red Death is much faster!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here. Just looking forward to the heal feature before I completely make up my mind on it
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Just found the green camo shader Broadsword. Looks pimp!

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wish they had a dark/matte red/white/blue camo shader for PvP

Also, I need about 130 helium filaments and 50 more ascendent shards to completely  upgrade my armor and suros regime

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just found the green camo shader Broadsword. Looks pimp!

http://i59.tinypic.com/2u4sx2v.png

I wish they had a dark/matte red/white/blue camo shader for PvP

Also, I need about 130 helium filaments and 50 more ascendent shards to completely  upgrade my armor and suros regime

Helium is easy just go farm the crap out of the moon.  As for the shards well good luck on that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Just as I thought we were going to get into the VoG yesterday I got disconnected from the servers, my wifi took a dump so I couldn't even rejoin the team.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm excited for the Iron Banner event but I'm sad that I don't have enough shards to upgrade my gear past level 27. I spent all my shards upgrading my first legendary vanguard piece like an idiot.

Oh and I'm absolutely loving the Defender's Saint-14 helmet. It's hilariously overpowering in PvE, where you can use the blinding shield offensively on mobs. The Mars strike with the Psion Flayers... you pop the shield on one of them and they just stand there covering their eyes all 3 of us just stood there in the shield meleeing him until he died.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#9]
If I buy and wear the titan mark from the Crucible Handler, will I earn rep with him doing non crucible bounties?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I buy and wear the titan mark from the Crucible Handler, will I earn rep with him doing non crucible bounties?
View Quote

Nope.

I actually got both of them as drops. Wearing them while doing strikes and bounties turned into vanguard rep only.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Just bought the game last week.  Enjoying it so far.  I applied to the PSN arfcom clan.  Any of yall on PS3, is it PS4 folks?

oh and I'm wombatturd in destiny

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Hot Fix - 10/07/2014
by Destiny Dev Team
NOTE: The following update will be applied at approximately 7AM Pacific on Tuesday, October 7th. The maintenance window for this work will interrupt Destiny services for several hours. You will be unable to play the game during that time.

Summary
Most of the changes included in this update will improve the technology that enables players to connect to Destiny. The player experience will remain unchanged, aside from the stability for some users who have encountered issues connecting to servers.

Client fixes
Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
Improved logging of player disconnections
Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons

Server Fixes
Security fixes
Server performance improvements
Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone down to help me beat Atheon tonight?  I made it to him with the help of others (Pavok and his friends) but I had to check out before we took Atheon down.

Since I left, as long as I am the fireteam leader, we can start right at the final fight.  Just hoping to be able to take him down tonight before the reset tomorrow morning.

Xbox One - z24goose

Probably looking to start around 9:00 or 9:30.  Wanting to do this as quick as possible!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hot Fix - 10/07/2014
by Destiny Dev Team
NOTE: The following update will be applied at approximately 7AM Pacific on Tuesday, October 7th. The maintenance window for this work will interrupt Destiny services for several hours. You will be unable to play the game during that time.

View Quote

Well, I'll be at work so I hope it will be up and running by the time I get home.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]
BcVeno checking in. Should be on tonight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally got a legendary engram from leveling up the Cryptarch (first legendary engram I've found since the patch). It turned out to be Doctor Nope.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone down to help me beat Atheon tonight?  I made it to him with the help of others (Pavok and his friends) but I had to check out before we took Atheon down.

Since I left, as long as I am the fireteam leader, we can start right at the final fight.  Just hoping to be able to take him down tonight before the reset tomorrow morning.

Xbox One - z24goose

Probably looking to start around 9:00 or 9:30.  Wanting to do this as quick as possible!
View Quote

Good luck man. We have been struggling on Atheon. We got to him around 8:30 or 9:00 last night and had to call it around midnightish so we weren't zombies at work. We are starting to get a method down pretty well but we haven't been able to sustain it if someone on the team goes down. I think we have some really good players. Its just a matter of getting our timing down inside and out.  Our best run had Atheon to 50% before we wiped. I went down right as he teleported 3 and it ended up sending my dead body to Venus which screwed the other two.

We are trying again tonight. It has been a blast but damn it is frustrating at times.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good luck man. We have been struggling on Atheon. We got to him around 8:30 or 9:00 last night and had to call it around midnightish so we weren't zombies at work. We are starting to get a method down pretty well but we haven't been able to sustain it if someone on the team goes down. I think we have some really good players. Its just a matter of getting our timing down inside and out.  Our best run had Atheon to 50% before we wiped. I went down right as he teleported 3 and it ended up sending my dead body to Venus which screwed the other two.

We are trying again tonight. It has been a blast but damn it is frustrating at times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Xbox One - z24goose

What problem are you having?  First time Atheon kicked my groups ass, but we dropped him in 10-15 minutes with only one wipe earlier today.  (I already did it this week, just practicing for the reset)
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Thorn bounty done!!!

Seriously... that bounty was ridiculous. I felt like a jerk camping spawn points and using only void fusion rifles or shotguns. Then killing Xyor... holy crap. We did it on our first try without any wipes, but I don't think I've ever worked so hard on a strike as I did trying to kill Xyor! It was non-stop action once we got to the boss; the damn shielded witches and shielded knights kept pouring in the doorway!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm down for vog now if anyone can raid
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I just did a lvl 24 strike and one of the guys got Ice Breaker as a reward

ETA:

and then when I just decoded a blue engram from that strike, it turned into a legendary scout rifle (The Aries Nemesis X4)... man, the RNG gods are on a roll tonight. I don't want to go to bed!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:57:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Guardians, I need some help on Xbox One. My level 22 Titan needs the chest piece tonight before queens wrath ends. If anyone wants to help me kill riksis, that would be much appreciated. I will get the Riksis mission and do the first two steps, I just need help on the boss.
Bonus, if you are needing this stuff, it will be super fast for you too.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What problem are you having?  First time Atheon kicked my groups ass, but we dropped him in 10-15 minutes with only one wipe earlier today.  (I already did it this week, just practicing for the reset)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Xbox One - z24goose

We just weren't able to deal enough damage before he raged and then it would just turn into a massacre. We didn't get him tonight either but we backed out, regrouped and began trying different weapons to maximize damage. My legendary sniper was dealing 1800 on a crit but found that my hand cannon could do 2800 on a crit and 2000 on general shots. We went through 8 teleport cycles and only had him to 50%. When we got a better weapon combination, we had him to a 1/3 in only four cycles. It just got too late and fatigue and frustration was setting in and we began making dumb mistakes like falling off the platform, shooting a rocket while in a titan shield. Mental lapses like that. So we called it a night and we will start fresh from the start this week sometime and vet it done. Basically we were outgunned. We just weren't packing enough punch.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:17:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We just weren't able to deal enough damage before he raged and then it would just turn into a massacre. We didn't get him tonight either but we backed out, regrouped and began trying different weapons to maximize damage. My legendary sniper was dealing 1800 on a crit but found that my hand cannon could do 2800 on a crit and 2000 on general shots. We went through 8 teleport cycles and only had him to 50%. When we got a better weapon combination, we had him to a 1/3 in only four cycles. It just got too late and fatigue and frustration was setting in and we began making dumb mistakes like falling off the platform, shooting a rocket while in a titan shield. Mental lapses like that. So we called it a night and we will start fresh from the start this week sometime and vet it done. Basically we were outgunned. We just weren't packing enough punch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Xbox One - z24goose

Best thing I've seen done was our run today.  The moment people come out of the portal, cleanse and spam the hell out of grenades.  They are on a 1-2 second cooldown, so you can theoretically get 5-15 grenades on target per person before the effect goes away.  Extra damage while he's frozen and the effect is working for some reason as well.

Two people on the left portal guarding that one and doing fire support for the right one.  Best three guys stand at the rear to be teleported.  When they get out, go back to the rear and attack from there until you get teleported again.  That was the whole effort we put forward.  Don't think I shot atheon once through the entire fight.  AoE grenades work great when he is frozen btw.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:58:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We went through 8 teleport cycles and only had him to 50%.
View Quote

We have been killing him in 3-4 cycles.  What level are you guys?  That makes a big difference in the damage you do and receive.  Everyone should have a max upgraded legendary weapon at this point.

At lvl29 my vault auto rifle does 740 crit damage to him and has a 70 something round magazine..you can literally watch his health melt away when everyone is shooting him.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#27]
PS4 - Nightfall at 5pm EST anyone?

It's the Archon Priest, with all 3 damage modifiers active so bring all yer weapons. Also, there's another cheese spot for killing the boss without him being able to hurt you, so it should be easy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#28]
So after much struggling and frustration, I was able to get both Queens Armor pieces on my Titan alt character. So I went from level 18 to level 24 last night, and he's also rocking my leftover Legendary Auto rifle! So yeah, that was fun. Doing the level 24 epic story missions at level 22 sucks!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Yup.  I tried to do a Queen's mission by myself last night at lvl 21.  I cycled the missions until I got the Cosmodrome one.  Ran through the Cosmodrome (whee this is easy!) then got to the Archon and got killed by the shanks about 6 times in a row.  I partied with two xbox friends for help and they commented on how they would take him out really quick.  They both died almost instantly, just being sloppy.  They were 26 or 27 I think.  Everyone settled down and we ran the mission 5 times. I got the sniper rifle, helm, and breastplate x 3.  I managed to get Queen's rep to level 1 so I could also buy the shader and emblem.  Figured I should try to pick it all up before the event ends.

Quoted:
So after much struggling and frustration, I was able to get both Queens Armor pieces on my Titan alt character. So I went from level 18 to level 24 last night, and he's also rocking my leftover Legendary Auto rifle! So yeah, that was fun. Doing the level 24 epic story missions at level 22 sucks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Is the iron banner gear the same as legendary gear or raid gear?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Haven't seen it yet, but I'm going to assume it is equally matched with queens wrath gear
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Regular legendary gear. The only way to get to 30 is raid gear.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok so no real reason to do it unless you like pvp.  I had heard it was on par with raid gear which would make it worth doing.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:Ok so no real reason to do it unless you like pvp.  I had heard it was on par with raid gear which would make it worth doing.
View Quote

Actually, it's rumored that the gear will give energy/shards if you dismantle, like the Queen's gear did before the patch. Assuming that's correct, you could probably get a handful before it's fixed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I really need to start doing raids. Haven't done one yet, I just don't have the weapons for it yet. I don't know if it's a good idea at only lvl24 also.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I really need to start doing raids. Haven't done one yet, I just don't have the weapons for it yet. I don't know if it's a good idea at only lvl24 also.
View Quote

There is only one raid at the moment, Vault of Glass, and at lvl 24 you aren't even going to get in the front door.

I would suggest working on your reputation. Hit rank 2 with the Vanguard and buy some legendary armor to get your level up quick/easy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Apparently you can push Atheon off the ledge and beat him in less than 2 minutes...

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Apparently you can push Atheon off the ledge and beat him in less than 2 minutes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRc9B1SG-C4&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

Well that looks easy enough.  An easy way to beat VoG is cool with me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRc9B1SG-C4&feature=youtu.be

That's sad
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm doing the Nightfall solo. PSN is being annoying so I can't find random peeps via destinylfg.

I'm at the door on the 2nd wave. It's not hard, just time consuming lol. If you want to join me, feel free to join my fireteam.

PRidd27
PSN

ETA: made it past the door, woop woop.

ETA2: died right before the boss came out.

ETA3: take 2, died at the door.

ETA4: DAMN! We had the boss down to 1/3 health then failed
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#43]
supposedly there are 2 "cheese spot" areas in the nightfall this week to help you beat the boss. This nightfall could be interesting with all forms of enemy damage doing 3x damage (arc, void, solar!)

Then again you will be doing big damage as well. Recommended you cheese it up with your best sniper rifle and bring plenty of special weapon ammo synthesis. I'll let you know how that works out for me tomorrow, lol.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
supposedly there are 2 "cheese spot" areas in the nightfall this week to help you beat the boss. This nightfall could be interesting with all forms of enemy damage doing 3x damage (arc, void, solar!)

Then again you will be doing big damage as well. Recommended you cheese it up with your best sniper rifle and bring plenty of special weapon ammo synthesis. I'll let you know how that works out for me tomorrow, lol.
View Quote

Done!

We tried under the platform. Two of us died but were able to rejoin and we made it back to the starting cliff. We slowly took popshots at the Priest from there.

I got a legendary shotgun, one guy got a legendary rocket launcher, and the last guy got Suros Regime
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Just sent a request, PSN Zachwoeller7
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone for nightfall in a few? I could use the help! Ps4
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:14:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Just finished the nightfall. Even with the cheese spot, it is no guarantee. Plus, if you die there and get revived, you spawn out on the landing pad in the middle of everything. Did find a super easy way to beat the door stage. We went through it unscathed without so much as a scratch. Could easily be done solo.

Door stage tip:

When you first enter that "arena" you will see the large outcropping that overlooks the battle. This is where you want to be when the SHTF. Clear the area with snipers for the minotaurs, hobgoblins, and captains. Use a scout rifle to pick off the scrubs. Conserves ammo this way. Once cleared, scavenge any ammo you can then the two slowest players (titans or mobility challenged) need to return to that overlook and take positions. Send a hunter or warlock to deploy the ghost and then haul ass back to that overlook with the rest of the team. Them already being there helps the door man find his route easier. Well timed jumps get you back up the cliffs in plenty of time before the Vex spawn. When the Vex spawn, they basically walk around confused. Enjoy your target rich environment. Focus on the hobgoblins and minotaurs first. They were the only ones who took what few shots we saw. The majority just stood there looking at us as we picked them off.

Cheese spot tip:

The only thing that picked anyone of our team off was the vandal sniper in the cave overlooking the launch pad. Keep an eye out for him and drop him as soon as possible. He can cause problems. For the priest, my legendary void damage sniper was getting 1995 damage even if I shot him in the thumb. Shoot only what you have to to keep a clear LOS on the priest. Don't waste ammo on dregs and skanks. Most importantly, BE PATIENT.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Got the arfcom machinegun

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Got the arfcom machinegun

http://i.imgur.com/cIP6ec5.jpg
View Quote

Oh and you got it in ARC dmg?  nice.  I have it in void damage.  I need an Arc machine gun.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Did it last night with luckyonez and nolaman86. Nola got an exotic rocket launcher called Truth, lucky got 10 strange coins, and I got a legendary hand cannon. Doubled down and did the weekly heroic on hard for our 9 strange coins each. Took 2 hours to do it twice.
Page / 310
Top Top