BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 310
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want to be a part of this. djkest on Xbox One. Seems like most of the social aspects of the game are going to be handled through mobile devices?

Yes, but you should be able to get most of the stuff you had at level 8 within 8 hours of playing, maybe less. And then hit level 9 soon after, which appeared to have some better gear options available.  I am guessing that the beginning of the game may actually change a little bit, the strike might be tweaked, etc. Changes have already been made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I want to be a part of this. djkest on Xbox One. Seems like most of the social aspects of the game are going to be handled through mobile devices?

Quoted:
Sadly, our Alpha and Beta progress won't be transferrable to the final release.

Yes, but you should be able to get most of the stuff you had at level 8 within 8 hours of playing, maybe less. And then hit level 9 soon after, which appeared to have some better gear options available.  I am guessing that the beginning of the game may actually change a little bit, the strike might be tweaked, etc. Changes have already been made.

I am kind of glad it won't because it will give me a clean slate again. While my character was awesome to me, there were some attributes I would have chosen to work more towards unlocking sooner. Plus I had a big learning curve in the Crucible before finding weapons that were better suited for pvp. Early on, I was way outmatched and outgunned.

This freaking wait is getting absurd. August is turning in to the longest month ever. Release date still seems so far away.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So, you guys that played the Beta..

What class did you choose? I got into it kinda late, so I only got to try the Hunter but I enjoyed it. Being able to throw the knife was a cool addition to melee, and that sunlight gun was pretty awesome. The double jump doesn't seem quite as useful as the other classes' "floaty" jump moves, but it seems adequate when you time it properly.

From playing the Crucible, the titan's melee seemed way better. There was a couple times when I stabbed someone like 3 times expecting a kill but nope.
View Quote

I played both Hunter and Titan.  I preferred the Titan.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What class did you choose? I got into it kinda late, so I only got to try the Hunter but I enjoyed it. Being able to throw the knife was a cool addition to melee, and that sunlight gun was pretty awesome. The double jump doesn't seem quite as useful as the other classes' "floaty" jump moves, but it seems adequate when you time it properly.

From playing the Crucible, the titan's melee seemed way better. There was a couple times when I stabbed someone like 3 times expecting a kill but nope.
View Quote

I played as a Warlock & thoroughly enjoyed the nova bomb special ability. September 9th can't get here soon enough!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I played a warlock for the beta, but am planning on starting a Sunsinger at lvl 15.  The max bonuses of being able to resurrect yourself is so tempting.

Kind of tempted to do a Defender Titan as well.  All the shielding options sound nice.

Destiny Class Builder (beta info)
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I played a warlock for the beta, but am planning on starting a Sunsinger at lvl 15.  The max bonuses of being able to resurrect yourself is so tempting.

Kind of tempted to do a Defender Titan as well.  All the shielding options sound nice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I want to be a Warlock, and probably a Sunsinger at that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I played as a titan, but what I seen of the hunters bladedancer skills it looks pretty bad ass. Titan tho has some pretty awesome looking superman ground punch so I'll probably make all three classes because I'm sure they all will be bad ass in some way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#7]
So Bungie just disabled Clan content for now and will be put back online 9/9.

SO, we need to put the clan admins to vote and get us ahead of the curve.  If you are interested in clan leadership, please post below.  Each side of the house will run pretty well independently since the systems don't cross over.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

SO, we need to put the clan admins to vote and get us ahead of the curve.  If you are interested in clan leadership, please post below.  Each side of the house will run pretty well independently since the systems don't cross over.
View Quote

Well I'm still open to throw my name in the hat for the PSN side. Some things are turning around for me and there is a chance I could have a PS4 by launch but I will have Destiny at launch either way. I am more of a weekend gamer but I will log a couple of hours on weeknights I'm sure. So if somebody on the PSN side is a more regular player, they may be a better fit. I guess we won't know to what extent control of the clans will be like until launch. Whether it is something I could manage via smartphone/internet or more by console.

I am a commissioner for the ARFCOM crew for GTA but that game is history come September 9th.  

PSN: Ravaal

ETA: I haven't seen them post in this thread yet but there will be at least three or four guys from the GTA crew who will be coming to Destiny. I know two of them will be on PS4. I will tell them to make sure they post here and be ready to clan up on the 9th. I will probably play a bit with those guys tomorrow.

ETA X2: For those who've never played with me before, here is a bit of a background on my playing style with these games. My mindset is defense first. I also prefer to strategize versus rushing in guns a blazing or run and gun. Putting it short, I play at a very slow and methodical pace. I have the patience of a monk in a game. (I once sat on a mountainside for almost two hours watching the tanks patrolling the military base in GTA just to learn the sweet spot to snipe the drivers). My roles are typically that of infantry/sniper. Although highly unlikely I will go sniper at all in Destiny. I think the pace of the game will be too fast for me to be effective in the Crucible. Missions, yes I will tote the big gun for the big targets but I am assault class first. Titan will be my class predominantly.

Maybe that is helpful knowing. Maybe its just a bunch of mindless blabbering. I blame it on muscle relaxers and too much caffeine if it is the latter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:44:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I'm still open to throw my name in the hat for the PSN side. Some things are turning around for me and there is a chance I could have a PS4 by launch but I will have Destiny at launch either way. I am more of a weekend gamer but I will log a couple of hours on weeknights I'm sure. So if somebody on the PSN side is a more regular player, they may be a better fit. I guess we won't know to what extent control of the clans will be like until launch. Whether it is something I could manage via smartphone/internet or more by console.

I am a commissioner for the ARFCOM crew for GTA but that game is history come September 9th.  

ETA: I haven't seen them post in this thread yet but there will be at least three or four guys from the GTA crew who will be coming to Destiny. I know two of them will be on PS4. I will tell them to make sure they post here and be ready to clan up on the 9th. I will probably play a bit with those guys tomorrow.

ETA X2: For those who've never played with me before, here is a bit of a background on my playing style with these games. My mindset is defense first. I also prefer to strategize versus rushing in guns a blazing or run and gun. Putting it short, I play at a very slow and methodical pace. I have the patience of a monk in a game. (I once sat on a mountainside for almost two hours watching the tanks patrolling the military base in GTA just to learn the sweet spot to snipe the drivers). My roles are typically that of infantry/sniper. Although highly unlikely I will go sniper at all in Destiny. I think the pace of the game will be too fast for me to be effective in the Crucible. Missions, yes I will tote the big gun for the big targets but I am assault class first. Titan will be my class predominantly.

Maybe that is helpful knowing. Maybe its just a bunch of mindless blabbering. I blame it on muscle relaxers and too much caffeine if it is the latter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well hell, guess I'll have to jump on the bandwagon.  Send me a PS4 if you get one and I'll hop on with ya!    I'll probably end up with this on the PS3, don't know yet though.

I didn't get to get in on the Beta, so can someone give me a rundown what this is all about?  Looks pretty cool from some of the videos I've seen.  Is it more of an MMO with PVP?

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well hell, guess I'll have to jump on the bandwagon.  Send me a PS4 if you get one and I'll hop on with ya!    I'll probably end up with this on the PS3, don't know yet though.

I didn't get to get in on the Beta, so can someone give me a rundown what this is all about?  Looks pretty cool from some of the videos I've seen.  Is it more of an MMO with PVP?

View Quote
Well, it is kind of an interesting one to try and classify. It has RPG and MMO elements, and you can PVP if you go to a specific area (the Crucible). Otherwise, they try and make it a blend - you go off by yourself to a planet for a mission, and when you're doing that you might find some people to do a co-op mission with, or a timed event, or you can just run around and try to find things.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#11]
This game is going to release halfway through my time at the DOC training academy.

I wonder how well it will handle playing on a shotty hotel WiFi.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This game is going to release halfway through my time at the DOC training academy.

I wonder how well it will handle playing on a shotty hotel WiFi.
View Quote

It may not affect you too bad unless you enter the Crucible. Maybe just stick to solo missions and test it on some easier co-op missions. That way if you do experience bad lag, you don't adversely affect your teammates.

I am hoping it isn't like COD where people with good connection speeds are basically penalized to help those with slow connections. Stupid lag compensation.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I DID IT!!!  I pulled it off. I am picking up a PS4 tonight!

Only had to sell my old Xbox, ps2, an LG theater system that I don't need, and a LCD tv I don't use. Then I traded in a broken PS3 and squeezed enough to get the PS4 and reserve a copy of Destiny.

Craziest thing is a guy on Craigslist was hunting for all Tiger Woods golf games and paid me $25 for my 2003 PS2 copy. Not sure why he was wanting them and for $25, I wasn't going to ask.

Now if 9/9 will just hurry up and get here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will be one of those guys.

PSN Name: saonmyway (Saon for short)

ETA: Clan Join Request submitted.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I think I did that request right. I am silentsinner- on PS4.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Added you guys :)

Come 9/9 you'll need to log into the forum and click the PSN icon though.  They are disabled till launch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#17]
And I assume you all saw this but here are a bunch of codes for some in game content from stuff they gave out at game cons: CODES
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And I assume you all saw this but here are a bunch of codes for some in game content from stuff they gave out at game cons: CODES
View Quote

The missus and I have them entered already but it can't hurt to keep posting it.  Supposedly only good till launch (for entering) but unlock content in the final game.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#19]

New video showing all the Playstation exclusive stuff. Note that in the video it says the "exclusive" part lasts until Fall 2015.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The missus and I have them entered already but it can't hurt to keep posting it.  Supposedly only good till launch (for entering) but unlock content in the final game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  Did not see that before.  17 unlocks - should be good.

Already on the X1 side - Wunderwaffen
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:54:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll be on around 1am AK (2am PST) on release night.  Hitting up the midnight release and hoping to sell a few custom controllers while I'm at it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I haven't had this much anticipation for a game release since ....    hell...   ever.  Just wish I could rack up the playing time on launch day. I will make up for it on the weekend though. I'm going to have an IV of Monster Energy and 5-hour Energy shots started Thursday afternoon. I will probably have diabetes by Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm getting it for 360,  Add me:  Micromort
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I took launch week off from work. My buddy and I joked about doing it but then HR let me know I had a bunch of vacation time expiring and that I needed to take it soon so I figured why not. Time to clean the shit bucket and start stocking up on snacks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the post, codes all entered & ready for the big day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#26]
The longest 7 days has begun. I wish I had vacation so I could burn a day of work to get a good start. I won't be able to really get rolling until Thursday night. I've been playing Warframe hardcore the past few days just to try and fill the void until it releases. Warframe is actually a really good game for being free. A LOT of similarities, maybe even ripoffs of Destiny in it. But still fun and is working pretty well to take the edge off.

Anybody else playing Warframe?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I just requested to join the clan. Gamer tag is Spetnaznfriends, Im on PS4
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I just requested to join the clan. Gamer tag is Spetnaznfriends, Im on PS4
View Quote

Added
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll be getting it next week with the bundle so I'll be in.  I don't think it'll be too long lived for me.  My girlfriend doesn't like watching shooters very much.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#30]
request sent.

DWEW4200 on PS3
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Request sent.
PSN id: Michealj
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Is anyone else worried that they might have jumped the gun on preordering Destiny? I have been looking at some of the comments from recent news and just about everyone is bashing this game - saying how much itll suck. Its starting to worry me, even though I enjoyed the beta.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#33]
No one has played it since the beta, and it was awesome in the beta. Don't see what would qualify them to make any further remarks on it since then...

Its going to be great, then its going to get old, then it is going to turn into a grind, just like every other game.  Titanfall was the same way, others will follow, it is the nature of the beast.  Don't think there is a non-MMORPG game out there that hasn't followed this path, save for Counter-Strike.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is anyone else worried that they might have jumped the gun on preordering Destiny? I have been looking at some of the comments from recent news and just about everyone is bashing this game - saying how much itll suck. Its starting to worry me, even though I enjoyed the beta.
View Quote

I'm not sweating it. If it is evenly close to as smooth performance wise as the beta was then I can't see it being anything other than a great game. I think it will be money well spent...   for once.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Applied, Rogue Orracle on XOne
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm not sweating it. If it is evenly close to as smooth performance wise as the beta was then I can't see it being anything other than a great game. I think it will be money well spent...   for once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a game by Bungie.  I severely doubt they'd put out a crappy game.  Hell even back in the early 90's their games were awesome.  

Quoted:
Applied, Rogue Orracle on XOne

ALL applications are approved at this point.  We are now at 36 members.  Congrats guys.

Come 9/9 everyone will need to log into the site and reselect what side of the clan they want to play for.  Bungie disabled that part of the site until launch.  (just the PSN/XBL click)

Since we have so many people, I'd like to set up 2 admins per side so we can get everything operating smoothly come launch for firemissions and other content.  Please post below and I'll ad a poll to the OP Friday afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not at all. I don't know what you have read but I pre-ordered it pretty quickly after playing the Alpha. After the Beta I upgraded my pre-order to the $90 version that included the expansions. I really enjoyed it and see myself dumping far too much time into it.

If you are worried about performance during the beta they ran an event to stress test their servers and IIRC they got 4 million people on without much issue.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not at all. I don't know what you have read but I pre-ordered it pretty quickly after playing the Alpha. After the Beta I upgraded my pre-order to the $90 version that included the expansions. I really enjoyed it and see myself dumping far too much time into it.

If you are worried about performance during the beta they ran an event to stress test their servers and IIRC they got 4 million people on without much issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a beta, it could have almost passed as a complete game. Other betas I've played were extremely limited with most customization features disabled and little to no ambient or side missions. I don't recall any significant hiccups or really any kind of glitch at all in the beta.  Like AndrewS said, this is coming from Bungie and they know a thing or two about putting together a solid game.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

For a beta, it could have almost passed as a complete game. Other betas I've played were extremely limited with most customization features disabled and little to no ambient or side missions. I don't recall any significant hiccups or really any kind of glitch at all in the beta.  Like AndrewS said, this is coming from Bungie and they know a thing or two about putting together a solid game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point, bf3 & 4 as well as hardline all had terrible betas and it really showed in the first 6-8 months of the game.
I think I will enjoy the game more if i stay away from news and reading others comments on it. I also bought the $90 digital version --- cant wait to play something other than bf4!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#40]
I did the $90 digital on xb1. Will I be at work next Tuesday?...probably not.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I did the $90 digital on xb1. Will I be at work next Tuesday?...probably not.
View Quote

I am still in my probationary period at my new job otherwise I would probably be stricken with a cold, stomach bug, Ebola.  

I just have to endure a couple of days though. We only work 4 days a week so I will definitely be pulling a 3 day weekend marathon.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#42]
That first weekend my wife and I are going to fire team the hell out of it. If anyone sees us online (who knows how clans work in game) feel free to join on XBL

Oh, NEW CODE was discovered yesterday. I'll post it when I get to my computer. Same as the other redemption codes. Its for a user icon in game this time.

1. Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
2. Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3. Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
4. Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
5. Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
6. Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
7. Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
8. Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
9. Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
10.The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
11. The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L
12. Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
13. The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
14. Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
15. The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V
16. The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17. Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN
18. Planets: 7F9-767-F74
http://www.bungie.net/sr/User/coderedemption

Emblem: Binding Focus FJ9-LAM-67F
Emblem: Ab Aeterno JDT-NLC-JKM
Emblem: Field of Light JNX-DMH-XLA
Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge 7CP-94V-LFP
Emblem: Illusion of Light JD7-4CM-HJG
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Okay, this had me grinning like an idiot.  Just released ad for Destiny

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Okay, this had me grinning like an idiot.  Just released ad for Destiny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZyQK6kUdWQ
View Quote

That was awesome!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That first weekend my wife and I are going to fire team the hell out of it. If anyone sees us online (who knows how clans work in game) feel free to join on XBL

Oh, NEW CODE was discovered yesterday. I'll post it when I get to my computer. Same as the other redemption codes. Its for a user icon in game this time.

View Quote

Okay, call me a noob, or a dumbass, or whatever, but what are the codes for and how do I use them?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Okay, call me a noob, or a dumbass, or whatever, but what are the codes for and how do I use them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go HERE
Log in and enter the codes.  Beyond the last one that gives an icon in game it is all conjecture.  Bungie has said they are in game items though.  Could be complete cards for their in game bonuses or anything else.  Nobody knows.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I thought you could be in more than one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I take it you can only be in one clan unlike in gtav.   Hope we can be in more than one.

You can belong to multiple groups.  But only one group can be designated as your Clan.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You can belong to multiple groups.  But only one group can be designated as your Clan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I take it you can only be in one clan unlike in gtav.   Hope we can be in more than one.

Ah, okay.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Last code was emblem sign of finite the others are grimour cards
Page / 310
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top