Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind. I moved get both over.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone want to join the Retirees and run through a war with us?  Were at 9 members and need 10.  

The younger generation of Arfcomers could use a willing guide for a war.
View Quote

Looks like you have 10 now - are you all set?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]

A quick tutorial on drawing out CC troops for folks who are new at it.  (Start at the 2 minute mark)

He triggers the CC first - wall breakers or gobbs might be good for this depending on how the base is laid out, but it often can be done with archers or barbs.

After the CC troops are out they'll attack any of your troops on the board.

He puts another archer off in the corner to draw the CC troops away from any defenses that may assist them.
Note that he deploys his archers in an arc around the CC troops.  He doesn't need to since barbs don't do splash damage, but the extra space will give the archers more time to shoot in safety.  It's a good habit to get into.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Another common mistake being made: dropping more wall breakers than are needed to bust the wall in the hopes that at least a few of them will survive long enough to detonate.  They need a meat shield; anything will do just as long as it can survive long enough for the wall breakers to do their job.  I like to drop my giants in one spot, then drop the wall breakers a few spots adjacent to them so the little jihadis don't get hit with any incoming mortar rounds.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for those, Sir Cam.

A comment on the last war. We did win it, making that our 13th straight victory.

However...

It was a bit of a mess. As I mentioned, today's war is canceled, to give everyone some breathing room. We had too many easy victories in the beginning, and that has led to a bit of slop in our steering. We need to tighten up our shot groups, and return refreshed to our next war. Please evaluate your war bases in the meantime, and your tactics. Because of the frantic scheduling and upgrade pace, some of our war bases look terrible, since the layouts have stayed the same, even though the town halls have been upgraded.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone want to join the Retirees and run through a war with us?  Were at 9 members and need 10.  

The younger generation of Arfcomers could use a willing guide for a war.

All set for now.  Got the war started.  Ready for the test run.

If anyone wants to drop in and give attack advice and reinforcements would help
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#7]
This topic has come up a lot via clan chat and the character limitations make it tough to explain so here it is...

Farming DE at Town Hall 7

Ninja's Guide to DE Farming

The above link is a good place to start but I will add a little since I just made the jump to TH8 in the last month.

Cliff notes

The max amount of DE you can raid is 5% of stored Dark Elixir, what benefits a TH7 is the loot modifier.  You get a "bonus" for attacking up, approximately 150% for a TH9 and 200% for a TH10.  The flip side is they have a huge loot "penalty"  if the revenge you.  

To match up against TH9-TH10's your going to need to be in the 1400-1600 range.  You can go higher but maintainimg those trophy counts starts to take away from your primary focus of raiding DE.

Lightening Spells are your best friend. Look for bases with 1k+ DE and drop the Lightening Spell as shown in the guide above.  If your Lightening Spell isn't maxed then you probably shouldn't be trying to raid for DE.  A 1K storage from a TH9 will net you around 750DE for 3 Lightening spells.

The trick is trying to maintain your trophies while farming DE against high THs.  The trick is town hall sniping.  A lot of bases are set up for farming in this trophy range so you can snipe the TH and then drop your lightening.  

At that point check to see where their drills are and how full they are.  If they are full and easily accessible take them too.  If not, its important to just quit at that point and save your troops.

If the TH is protected and all you can do is drop your Lightening Spells your are going to drop some trophies when you quit.  Since you still have all your troops, start some more spells and head out hunting.  Look for exposed TH's to snipe and take a free 7-10 Trophies, use the bare minimum of troops and repeat.

As you are searching you will come across bases with smaller amounts of DE. Understanding the loot "bonus" and checking to see if its in storage or drills really pays off.  A full lvl 3-4 drill on a TH9 will yield a pretty good amount of DE.  

I tried to avoid attacking TH8's the loot bonus and penalty is to close to make it really profitable, especially when you start nearing the 20k mark for DE.

Clan wars is a good place to pick up DE.  IF we are winning and IF one of their top guys has a shitty layout, you can easily take the 1k max loot bonus.  

More than anything you need to pick a goal and set of guidelines and stick too it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This topic has come up a lot via clan chat and the character limitations make it tough to explain so here it is...

Farming DE at Town Hall 7

Ninja's Guide to DE Farming

The above link is a good place to start but I will add a little since I just made the jump to TH8 in the last month.

Cliff notes

The max amount of DE you can raid is 5% of stored Dark Elixir, what benefits a TH7 is the loot modifier.  You get a "bonus" for attacking up, approximately 150% for a TH9 and 200% for a TH10.  The flip side is they have a huge loot "penalty"  if the revenge you.
View Quote

Thanks Breedy - that explains a lot about an attack I made on a guy with 10k DE this morning; I only got 194 out of his storage and drill because I was revenge attacking him.  I've gotten much more out of straight raids.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know Quentin Hill? We're about to reject him
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's his deal?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No mention of ARFCOM, no accept. It's pretty clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's his deal?

No mention of ARFCOM, no accept. It's pretty clear.

I was thinking he was already in the group, and was getting booted like Blake. I was like, "I'm the Leader of our clan, and I've never even heard of this Quentin guy."
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:14:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Well fuck I didn't know there was an arfcom clan. I quit playing..

Name please, and I'll request
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well fuck I didn't know there was an arfcom clan. I quit playing..

Name please, and I'll request
View Quote

The clan name is "arfcom mutiny"  Mention something about being from here when you send your request
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Sent a request!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Borat/ Very nice /Borat

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2013/04/how-to-transfer-magazines-to-y.html

Mags in trust with claw back clauses
http://www.douglasturner.com/2014/08/08/guns-n-trusts/  

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Retirees and Kids/family just got their second war win
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Hi guys,  
Just joined retirees this weekend.  Missed out on the war that was just won.  Have a few questions:
1. I'm th6 right now, upgrading to 7, most of my troops are level 3.  Should I be donating troops during a war or should I sit back and let the higher levels donate?  I don't want to tie up cc space with lowbies if higher level troops are available.
2. I've seen people ask for attackers, raiders, and defenders which troops fall in those categories?  I usually raid with archers and giants because I can afford them in large numbers and archers have stand off distance.

I saw bubbles getting advice on raiding in chat, thought I would throw in my 2 cents.  I'm no expert, but I feel like I cracked the code last week.
I use the NEXT button a lot!  Accumulate some gold so you can pay to NEXT over and over.  At th5, it's 170 gold per NEXT.  If you want resources and don't care about trophies, look for bases with the collectors set too far out.  Learn to eyeball how far archer towers and cannons can reach, then drop archers outside their range but where they can hit collectors.  Occasionally you'll run into bases with all the storage and collectors outside and vulnerable.  
Right now, I'm trying to keep my trophies up and raid resources, so I'm looking for bases where I can take the town hall and have a moderate take.  If I can't get the th, it takes about 30k each resource easily available for me to attack.  If it's a farming base with the th exposed, I'll take the th and anything I can get.  I only fully commit to destroying a whole base when it's very likely I can wipe the whole thing and they have plenty of resources.
Occasionally you'll hit the jackpot.  I found one guys base with all the defenses on one side and all the resources on the other, I mean opposite sides of the map.  I netted around 280k each!!!  But more often, you'll find a moderately defended base with 100k+ each.  It'll take some effort and maybe all your troops, but you can wipe it out and your net profit will still be huge.  
And always keep training troops, after every battle, start more troops than you just spent.
Following these guidelines has allowed me to earn 400-500k in an evening and keep the upgrades going.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#24]
One other thing, can someone take a look at my base and make some recommendations on upgrading?  I feel like I've been pouring money into walls and th upgrades, but I've been neglecting troop camps and defensive buildings.  I think I need to upgrade my camps, maybe twice (one in process now) and then start another round of upgrading cannons and archers (both lvl 6 I think) and my lvl 1 wizard tower.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Got room for a level 19 noob ?

I put in a request to join.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One other thing, can someone take a look at my base and make some recommendations on upgrading?  I feel like I've been pouring money into walls and th upgrades, but I've been neglecting troop camps and defensive buildings.  I think I need to upgrade my camps, maybe twice (one in process now) and then start another round of upgrading cannons and archers (both lvl 6 I think) and my lvl 1 wizard tower.
View Quote

Hey Jim,
I'm Dude on retiree's. I'll take a peak tonight and give you my opinion.
We're a real laid back clan and basically support the kids with troops and advice

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hi guys,  
Just joined retirees this weekend.  Missed out on the war that was just won.  Have a few questions:
1. I'm th6 right now, upgrading to 7, most of my troops are level 3.  Should I be donating troops during a war or should I sit back and let the higher levels donate?  I don't want to tie up cc space with lowbies if higher level troops are available.
2. I've seen people ask for attackers, raiders, and defenders which troops fall in those categories?  I usually raid with archers and giants because I can afford them in large numbers and archers have stand off distance.

I saw bubbles getting advice on raiding in chat, thought I would throw in my 2 cents.  I'm no expert, but I feel like I cracked the code last week.
I use the NEXT button a lot!  Accumulate some gold so you can pay to NEXT over and over.  At th5, it's 170 gold per NEXT.  If you want resources and don't care about trophies, look for bases with the collectors set too far out.  Learn to eyeball how far archer towers and cannons can reach, then drop archers outside their range but where they can hit collectors.  Occasionally you'll run into bases with all the storage and collectors outside and vulnerable.  
Right now, I'm trying to keep my trophies up and raid resources, so I'm looking for bases where I can take the town hall and have a moderate take.  If I can't get the th, it takes about 30k each resource easily available for me to attack.  If it's a farming base with the th exposed, I'll take the th and anything I can get.  I only fully commit to destroying a whole base when it's very likely I can wipe the whole thing and they have plenty of resources.
Occasionally you'll hit the jackpot.  I found one guys base with all the defenses on one side and all the resources on the other, I mean opposite sides of the map.  I netted around 280k each!!!  But more often, you'll find a moderately defended base with 100k+ each.  It'll take some effort and maybe all your troops, but you can wipe it out and your net profit will still be huge.  
And always keep training troops, after every battle, start more troops than you just spent.
Following these guidelines has allowed me to earn 400-500k in an evening and keep the upgrades going.
View Quote

Jim,

I am Tom in the clan.  When it comes to Clan War everyone is looking for the highest level troops available.  If you have the highest level being requested feel free to donate.  When we are setting up for the clan war, we are trying to load the clan castle up with the highest level we can.  Right now dude has the highest with a lvl 2 dragon.  When we are not in war feel free to donate.  For the grouping classification. For defense troops. barbs, archers, wizards and dragons.  For attacking/raiding barbs, giants, archers, dragons.  For healers, wall breakers and balloons those are usually specifically requested. When it comes to building your town I try to up grade almost everything before I upgrade my town hall.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

We have room in Retirees, just mention ARFCOM when you put in to join.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I got in to Mutiny though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#30]
After our current war I might be looking for a new clan. 1300-ish trophies with a level 8 TH ok with you guys?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:45:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
After our current war I might be looking for a new clan. 1300-ish trophies with a level 8 TH ok with you guys?
View Quote

Are you asking about Mutiny or Retirees?

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:55:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey guys, I'm the current (temp) leader of the Mutiny. Any Arfcommer is welcome, regardless of level. The Retirees is for those Arfcommers that can't join in regularly for wars, and is a much more family friendly environment.

The Mutiny is for ADULTS only. Imagine the clan chat is GD. It's like that. In your request, please add something readily identifiable as Arfcom, be it "Beans or no beans " " 9mm or 45", etc.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Hymen, no I mean I am in.  Last clan I was in was warring every other day, as soon as one was done and they had no strategy, just wanted to get stars, well that doesn't always win it.  

Plus they kept kicking people out for not using their turns so we were down to 20 people.

I am Todd of Aragoth

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#36]
@ Jim
Base layout looks good. Keep on spending on defense upgrades.
Need troops, just ask
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
We can't have any MSU fans in the clan, sorry.

My wife went to MSU so the competitiveness in our house is so thick you could cut it with a knife.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hymen, no I mean I am in.  Last clan I was in was warring every other day, as soon as one was done and they had no strategy, just wanted to get stars, well that doesn't always win it.  

Plus they kept kicking people out for not using their turns so we were down to 20 people.

I am Todd of Aragoth

We can't have any MSU fans in the clan, sorry.

My wife went to MSU so the competitiveness in our house is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Well at least you choose your wife correctly!  

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks!  Archer tower improving now.  I was topped out in my research lab except for lightning so I went ahead and started improving the lab too. I'll probably try to run one defense structure and one troop camp at the same time so my defense isn't too weak.  I'm in defense mode (non-farming right now) because I want to try to hit 1250 trophies for the achievement reward.  If I have a ton of resources in my storage I tend to switch to farming and let my town hall get whacked to protect my gold piles.

Th7 in 3 days 2 hours!

Quoted:
@ Jim
Need troops, just ask
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Thanks!  Archer tower improving now.  I was topped out in my research lab except for lightning so I went ahead and started improving the lab too. I'll probably try to run one defense structure and one troop camp at the same time so my defense isn't too weak.  I'm in defense mode (non-farming right now) because I want to try to hit 1250 trophies for the achievement reward.  If I have a ton of resources in my storage I tend to switch to farming and let my town hall get whacked to protect my gold piles.

Th7 in 3 days 2 hours!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Th7 in 3 days 2 hours!

Quoted:
@ Jim
Need troops, just ask

Good plan. Get the gems from trophy 1250 then go back to farming to build your TH7 upgrades
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I am Todd of Aragoth

View Quote

We fight twice a week, and you do have to use your turns. Missing two wars in a row gets you booted to the Retirees until you can participate more. Then you're welcome back. If you can't fight a war, drop out to the Retirees, then come back. It's handy having an allied clan.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm hoping for Mutiny. Need to get more loot & get upgraded. As for it being just like GD, bring it.
I'm FowlDischarge
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Done with heavy weapons gunnery. Haven't slept in like 36 hours. Directed and/or shot many many thousands of .50 cal and 40mm rounds. Will probably re-join mutiny on Monday. Need sleep.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#46]
What's the war schedule for retirees?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Retirees last war was Labor Day weekend.
No real schedule that I've been able to figure out
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What's the war schedule for retirees?
View Quote

We dont go to watch much at all. We will on an occasional weekend.

Its easier to collect resources and do upgrades while not at war.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#49]
If you're sitting at home and sick of killing your phone battery. play using this: http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html

Have it running on my computer now
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If you're sitting at home and sick of killing your phone battery. play using this: http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html

Have it running on my computer now
View Quote

Trying it out now. You better not have talked me into some spyware junk.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top