Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 5:34:45 AM EDT
How is it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Brother you missed the boat we had 2 huge servers and alot of people playing.

The game itself is badass for an alpha, but after you spend hours building a base and amass a shitload of resource it gets pretty boring.

The guys who made garry's mod created it and there spending more time updating garry s mod instead of rust so the game has gotten pretty boring.

IMHO

If your looking for a zombie survival get arma3 and dl breaking point

If your looking for a game with rust mechanics and armas badassness all in one wait for h1z1 which will be afree to play.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Rust is cool and all but it's very basic looking and a little buggy at the moment. It can be quite fun and rewarding but it's very repetitive and servers are frequently wiped. There's always a bottleneck for higher end gear, namely C4 which can be ridiculously hard to get until a certain point, and then everybody has it. This can leave several people/groups having a ridiculous edge compared to other players through pure luck.

Quite honestly the lack of content updates pisses me off considering how little the game has changed since the initial release and how much money they have taken in. To me it looks like they don't give a shit about putting much work into it. Cheating was rampant for a long time and cheaters were pretty blatant and brazen about it and made no attempt to hide it. Who knows maybe they are working on a refined/polished version and it's more of a proof of concept at the moment. I definitely got my money's worth out of it in terms of hours played but I have zero interest to play at this point. Maybe if they actually make some worthwhile additions since, you know, it is in development, I could be swayed to come back and play, but it doesn't matter to them. They already have my money.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That ship has sailed already.

Game play is fun for a while, until you do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over, only to get no where.

It needs new content in a bad way to be fun again. Since Feb nothing has really been updated other than a few textures.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]

$20 for an APLHA!? WTF is this shit?

What ever happen to testing games for free and getting special perks and early access - to the final product - if you chose to buy the game?

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What ever happen to testing games for free and getting special perks and early access - to the final product - if you chose to buy the game?

View Quote

Lol where you been the past 10 years they use alphas as kickstarters now and you get to pay 20 bucks now instead of 60 later and most companies do hook you up with cool stuff for buying in early but some do not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Game play is fun for a while, until you do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over, only to get no where.

It needs new content in a bad way to be fun again. Since Feb nothing has really been updated other than a few textures.
View Quote

It was fun while it lasted Sear.  A few of us are going to hit up a public server tomorrow or the next.. I have a TS, if you want the addy just hit me up on here or Steam, or Origin
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It was fun while it lasted Sear.  A few of us are going to hit up a public server tomorrow or the next.. I have a TS, if you want the addy just hit me up on here or Steam, or Origin
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i wasnt notified of this i guess ill take my bolt action and go home.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lol where you been the past 10 years they use alphas as kickstarters now and you get to pay 20 bucks now instead of 60 later and most companies do hook you up with cool stuff for buying in early but some do not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Playing games that were finished products.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I read that the next update won't be out for at least another week. Garry posted that up on Reddit somewhere.

It was fun but between a very short end game, desolate servers everywhere and hackers, it's taken a piss pounding.

The next update will bring back some people but without a strong community, the game really doesn't offer much.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Werent you in TS when we were talking about it last night?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no yall must have waited for me to leave.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

no yall must have waited for me to leave.

View Quote

We normally try to avoid contact with you at all costs.

Back on topic, http://playrust.com/friday-devblog-6/, that is newest Devblog. Looks like we are still a ways out on this.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks to me that it will be live on the dev branch in a day or so.  Hope it proves stable so they will throw it on the official servers, or branch out and create 2 different official server lists.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
We cam We saw We got banned and I found out where manatee was last night.

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn I missed all the fun it seems like. When is everyone gonna be on next? I'm getting bored with Minecraft
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We cam We saw We got banned and I found out where manatee was last night.

http://youtu.be/DbLRGf7SxYQ
View Quote

Well played sir...well played
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn I missed all the fun it seems like. When is everyone gonna be on next? I'm getting bored with Minecraft
View Quote

You play minecraft?
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You play minecraft?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You play minecraft?

I play single player. Tried multiplayer on the arfcom server and quickly got pissed off and quit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I play single player. Tried multiplayer on the arfcom server and quickly got pissed off and quit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You play minecraft?

Arfcom server is a guilded mess of mods and homosexual communist rules If you wanna play a vanilla aka no mod server I know of a server where the world is yours chico the world is yours.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]
one of those early access alpha money sinks that goes nowhere that are so so prevalent on steam nowadays.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Charlie badger java and I played in a server for a little last night. Think we are gunna try and play some more this evening if anyone would like to join.

And did someone say Minecraft? Manatees love Minecraft...
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Charlie badger java and I played in a server for a little last night. Think we are gunna try and play some more this evening if anyone would like to join.

And did someone say Minecraft? Manatees love Minecraft...
View Quote

I'll hop on tonight. Someone PM me the TS info.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I will this evening.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#25]
All fun and games till charlie gets ban
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top