BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Haha nope...we let the new spawns go unless they engage us, which they usually do for some odd reason.  We're all about finding other armed groups and getting in prolonged firefights (most fights end quickly, we're getting better at ambushes).  We've had decent success as a group for the most part.

Now if Miles would stop breaking his legs...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Berezino Baywatch takin' care of business again today!

I had no fewer than 15 confirmed kills!

Loved playing with my fellow Baywatchers; Metallurgist, Napoleon, and Tuna Bomber.

ETA: and Miles Urbanus too!

Bambi hunting?

Weak.

Haha nope...we let the new spawns go unless they engage us, which they usually do for some odd reason.  We're all about finding other armed groups and getting in prolonged firefights (most fights end quickly, we're getting better at ambushes).  We've had decent success as a group for the most part.

Tuna, I am promoting you to FireTeam Leader.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
my groups mistake is that when we take casualties in a firefight we dont unass the area after we finish kicking ass. we try to allow for people to come back and salvage their gear. this has bitten us in the ass 2 nights in a row
View Quote

Yea, we've got to stop doing that shit.  Before we go in we need to have a designated location we can all find by ourselves.  Mark my words, I'm unassing from now on after an engagement.  I don't care what anyone else does.  Ya'll can catch up.

E-95
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yea, we've got to stop doing that shit.  Before we go in we need to have a designated location we can all find by ourselves.  Mark my words, I'm unassing from now on after an engagement.  I don't care what anyone else does.  Ya'll can catch up.

E-95
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
my groups mistake is that when we take casualties in a firefight we dont unass the area after we finish kicking ass. we try to allow for people to come back and salvage their gear. this has bitten us in the ass 2 nights in a row

E-95

my plan is to follow right behind you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
first time the new spawn clocks you in the back of the head when you turn around that will change
View Quote

Well I started running the coast last weekend...had that happen. He punched me once(in the back of the head) I unloaded my M4 into him, he got one more punch on me, knocked me out, I woke up quickly and found him either dead or knocked out , got swarmed by zombies, found out I was fresh out of ammo. My fire axe was glitching out and wouldn't equip, so I had to run. Found a Mosin and Magnum(which I had ammo for) on the wrecked ship and got killed heading into the next city east on the coast.

All I heard was two bursts from an M4. You are dead.

Spent the rest of the day not finding any food, getting killed over and over. The best weapon I could find was a baseball bat.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Jester1 on Steam.
going to add a few more names i found on here..havent been connecting up with anyone lately, gets a little boring running alone
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well I started running the coast last weekend...had that happen. He punched me once(in the back of the head) I unloaded my M4 into him, he got one more punch on me, knocked me out, I woke up quickly and found him either dead or knocked out , got swarmed by zombies, found out I was fresh out of ammo. My fire axe was glitching out and wouldn't equip, so I had to run. Found a Mosin and Magnum(which I had ammo for) on the wrecked ship and got killed heading into the next city east on the coast.

Spent the rest of the day not finding any food, getting killed over and over. The best weapon I could find was a baseball bat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
first time the new spawn clocks you in the back of the head when you turn around that will change

what did I tell you :P.let me know when you are willing to come to the dark side and ready to kill everything that moves
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
hmm, havn't seen anyone playing on Arfcom's main TS under standalone for awhile, wonder if everyone just quitted on the game for now, that'll be a crying shame
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Does ARFCOM have a new server?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

what did I tell you :P.let me know when you are willing to come to the dark side and ready to kill everything that moves
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I'm more than willing to come over to the dark side...I've been just playing nice because I'm running solo hoping to meet some people to run with till I can hook up with some Arfcom banditos . We will show them what "Minnesota Nice" is really all about...

ckimma, thanks for sending me the TeamSpeak info. I'm just trying to figure out how to find you guys on there now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Ill join up with you guys if you want to pass the info along
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I am enjoying the challenges of the game so far...

I was rummaging a town the other day and ran across someone who had just spawned... talked to him a minute and offered him some food.

Said a friend of his just spawned at a town down the coast, and we could link up and run together.. I was a little skeptical, but low on ammo (3 rounds), so I decided to go with it...

We linked up and ran of a short ways, when the second guy asked for some food. I was feeling a little nervous, but gave him some, an at that moment they attacked me... I was ready and backed up and got 1 wild shot off, but didn't kill the guy, and I took off running... I was still getting hit and everything was going black and white... got another shot off and missed... kept running...I was trying to get the garden hoe off my back, and finally made it, and was successful in bashing both there heads in...

Good times...

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I added some guys from the arfcom steam group.  How do I get in on these shenanigans?  I'm pretty well kitted out on regular and hardcore but I'm bored running around alone.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Went full auto.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Been trying to use the Arfcom IP address and keep getting a deep voice saying "error". "Failed to connect to server: could not resolve host name", in text.

Do I need password or secret handshake?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Servers down there wasnt enough donators then they got enough money to keep it running and the actual server company is giving them shit so its up in the air right now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Seph351 is my steam ID if anyone wants to team up
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fireatteammates leader..
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What does a server cost per-month?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Servers down there wasnt enough donators then they got enough money to keep it running and the actual server company is giving them shit so its up in the air right now.

dont know you would haft to ask miles on the other thread.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#21]
wrong thread i thought you were talking TS server
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The DayZ standalone server was outrageous like $50 per month for a 32 slot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's kind of steep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The DayZ standalone server was outrageous like $50 per month for a 32 slot.

That's kind of steep.

It was $75.  It should be back up in a few days. I'll update the info.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
That's kind of steep.

damn man you are dedicated i take back all the shit i said about you.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I was looting NEAF this morning when someone spawned into one of the buildings right next to me while I was having a drink. OH SHIT!

Luckily, he headed my warning and surrendered.  Which is when I noticed he had a CMMG hat on, I didn't know this hat was in game.  Hmmm, is he an Arfcomer? Couldn't find out as he didn't seem to have a mic.  

My character wants for nothing but an ACOG or LRS, and he was looking light on gear, so I let him be.  Though I wish I had gotten some blood off him now.

So, anyone almost learn the hard way why logging in buildings at airfields is a bad idea?

I would luv to get on a Arfcom squad, my handle on Steam is FunYun.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kind of steep.

LMAO
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Dr. Butts, I would follow you to the very gates of North East airfield.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#29]
And my axe!

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#30]
And my bow...

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#31]

There are no bows in game (yet).
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dihz75.jpg

There are no bows in game (yet).
View All Quotes

I could have killed 'em all, I could've killed you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it! Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go!

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I might fire up Fraps tomorrow and record some Boring Squad action.  I just need to get geared up again after the server killed me.          

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#34]
apparently a server side patch made tent cities drop loot again
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
apparently a server side patch made tent cities drop loot again
View Quote

Not only did they fix the tent city spawns, but a lot of the buildings, sheds, burned out cars, and rail cars we've through experience learned don't spawn fuck all now actually contain loot.  That should make it easier on new spawns.

E-95
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#36]
How is the garden hoe for a melee weapon? Last weekend I had a hard time locating any decent melee weapons, found a garden hoe in a construction site. But about 30 seconds later I found a fire axe(thankfully).

With this last update I feel completely naked till I find a fire axe, I was running around with a splitting axe for a couple of hours but kept getting hit by zombies going through rags and bandages like they were going out of style. Once I finally found a fire axe it was too late, I was too beat up. Shorty after zombie broke one of my arm's, got sick a little after that and died.

Right now I'm healthy, hydrated, energized. Cargo pants, green rain coat, black fire axe, boonie hat, Mosin(no ammo), small back pack with a ton of food, water bottle and canteen. I have ammo for everything but my Mosin; .357, one M4 mag, .45 ACP, and 7.62 x 39.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Zombies can be easily punched to dead. Hit them in the head, they go down, hit them as they get up. Rinse repeat.

The greatest threat is the fickle nature of the Hive.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Zombies can be easily punched to dead. Hit them in the head, they go down, hit them as they get up. Rinse repeat.

The greatest threat is the fickle nature of the Hive.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/796316693085124046/2A6729AB85D4D45B1AC3CE4EC96766FD6DB19D2C/
View Quote

so fucking true! went to log in to play with my group had bad desync issues. try to reconnect to the server next thing i know that my character could not be loaded and i was reset and a system admin had been contacted o.0
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Don't go prone  near the two bunk beds in the second floor room of the camo military building.. me and a buddy of mine have  both 'fallen' through the floor to our death in the same spot...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#41]
wonder if they shot him right after they stopped recording
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
I hope so.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hope so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope so.

I'd have shot him as soon as he started.

E-95
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

E-95
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope so.

E-95

well yeah butthats just because your the product of your enviroment. I mean look who you hang around
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I've been having some sort of glitch happening off and on, but today it was happening constantly.

Instead of moving the direction of my character; when I move the mouse around, my character looks around. Like I'm holding the Alt button down, the only way I can get my character to moving in a direction is to strafe in the direction I want to go. If I try to hold the Alt button down to look around, it doesn't let me look around.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, glitch, a setting,or if I'm fat fingering my key board and making my controls act up.

Anyone had similar issues?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:08:00 AM EDT
[#46]
fat fingering the keyboard. double tapping alt toggles the ability to look around using just your head. holding it down it will only follow the mouse till you let go.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#47]
The default DayZ keybinds are awful, they haven't changed since OFP. First thing you should do is rebind them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:14:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#49]

You seeing much action up at Svetlo?

E-95
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top