Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The IS-3 fully upgraded is a great tank, I consider it a "Medium-Heavy" and tried to play it like that.

Great gun with a large damage potential, but it seems everyone can pen your armor, at least it felt that way
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't get any screen-shots, though maybe I should have...

Best game that I think I've had - Westfields map, Standard battle, widely mixed teams, using my Sherman.
Looked at roster, I was lowest tier so decided I'd do the scout thing. Started in village at top of map - went
uphill, skirted open field in treeline, kept waiting for something to pop up along the low ridge & nail me. Nada.
(Everybody on the other team had gone 'hey diddle, diddle, straight up the middle' and ignored the flanks.)
Got to end, skirted over, spotted an arty (M41) facing downrange - nailed him. Drive past, nothing.

Got to edge of plateau - there's an A20, an M7 Priest, and an AMX105 sitting in the little village. Hit A20, he
looked confused, he pulls forward, hit him again. Gone. Priest shot at me, went over, shot him, gone. AMX
took a shot, under. Nailed him. Spotted another AMX105 in the far treeline - we both traded shots, both missed,
he pulls back into a little pocket out of sight.

I drop down into the village, cross the open area, here comes a T34. One shot - smoked him. Into the treeline,
peeked into the area where I thought the AMX was - he shoots the dirt in front of himself (can you self-damage?),
I pull up, he charges me. One shot him. Turn to head to cap, hit from side - look, here comes an M8A1. We both
shoot - he tracks me, I ammo-rack him. I reload first, he's gone. Fix tracks, head to cap, game ends w/ all
enemy vehicles destroyed.

Ended up with 62K credits and almost 3K experience. Got the medal for killing four arty pieces also - can't
remember name.

I logged off after that - figured after a run of luck like that, RNG would rape me for the rest of the night.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't get any screen-shots, though maybe I should have...

Best game that I think I've had - Westfields map, Standard battle, widely mixed teams, using my Sherman.
Looked at roster, I was lowest tier so decided I'd do the scout thing. Started in village at top of map - went
uphill, skirted open field in treeline, kept waiting for something to pop up along the low ridge & nail me. Nada.
(Everybody on the other team had gone 'hey diddle, diddle, straight up the middle' and ignored the flanks.)
Got to end, skirted over, spotted an arty (M41) facing downrange - nailed him. Drive past, nothing.

Got to edge of plateau - there's an A20, an M7 Priest, and an AMX105 sitting in the little village. Hit A20, he
looked confused, he pulls forward, hit him again. Gone. Priest shot at me, went over, shot him, gone. AMX
took a shot, under. Nailed him. Spotted another AMX105 in the far treeline - we both traded shots, both missed,
he pulls back into a little pocket out of sight.

I drop down into the village, cross the open area, here comes a T34. One shot - smoked him. Into the treeline,
peeked into the area where I thought the AMX was - he shoots the dirt in front of himself (can you self-damage?),
I pull up, he charges me. One shot him. Turn to head to cap, hit from side - look, here comes an M8A1. We both
shoot - he tracks me, I ammo-rack him. I reload first, he's gone. Fix tracks, head to cap, game ends w/ all
enemy vehicles destroyed.

Ended up with 62K credits and almost 3K experience. Got the medal for killing four arty pieces also - can't
remember name.

I logged off after that - figured after a run of luck like that, RNG would rape me for the rest of the night.
View Quote

What tank were you running?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
How mad do they get for a team kill,  they just gave me a 1 hour time out i think lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How mad do they get for a team kill,  they just gave me a 1 hour time out i think lol

View Quote

dunno..you have five tier 10s pin ya then fire at once

it happens a bunch it seems. its worse if you run.... me i just charge them...forces them to kill ya at that point.no sense going done like a bitch lol

nice that they gave out 7 days premium and an extra day for that light tank op.

im kinda digging this crusader for a light tank its more of a small medium imho(least it can take a hit or 4 before popping) once fully outfitted

tier 4-6 has been a money maker for me the last few days 20-60k per game ..starting to really get good at working that Pershing and t20.

anyone thats on..look me up (delta69alpha)..im normally running in a platoon of 2-4 guys and were in it for fun....so expect a ton og laughs and a ton of ass kicking

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was lined up on an enemy and as I fired, a friendly crossed the path and I one shotted him.

Got -1 kills, but otherwise nuthin was said.

I did appologize profusly right away of course...
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What tank were you running?
View Quote

Regular M4 w/ the 76mm
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

When did they incorporate the TK option?

I've never seen it work - I've seen tards shooting at one another in the spawn, driven through
a hail of auto-cannon fire from some derp-meister wasting ammo for some reason, and had
folks pull in front of me as I squeezed off a round at a down-range target. Nothing has ever
happened.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've never seen it work - I've seen tards shooting at one another in the spawn, driven through
a hail of auto-cannon fire from some derp-meister wasting ammo for some reason, and had
folks pull in front of me as I squeezed off a round at a down-range target. Nothing has ever
happened.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

happened.

PC vs 360 ..I bet..

Though at times I think.blue on blue would keep some tards in check

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#11]
one thing that annoys me is the lack of players abilty to keep track where thier team members are..i had a TD who wasstupidenpugh to try the "lets hide on the second floor of a burnt out building" get up there then get hit once and come rolling back full speed.

now..im on the opposite side of the street in a tier 5 light tank(crusader) having it out with a 34/85 iirc maybe a 34 anyway. im rocking the fuck outta that russian medium..down to 10 hit points.. t34 is down to one good hit..i beat him on the reload..as im firing here comes shit bag TD from his perch and rams me,,shot goes high..t34 takes me out.

then shitbag td..runs and hides the rest of the match!!!

things like that or blocking/jamming up in choke points vs pushing through...

guys ive played with wish theyd take the base cap feature away and have it straight death match last tank team  standing wins ..put it on maps where fuckers cant run off cliff or drown to avoid the kill..
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PC vs 360 ..I bet..

Though at times I think.blue on blue would keep some tards in check
View Quote

I know the PC version has the TK capability - and I know that the feature is there on the XBox
version, just not turned on. (You can see the blocks for team damage, etc., but it's not been
kicked in yet.)

They ought to turn it on w/o a big notice - then when these tards take off from the spawn
blasting away at one another, that whole 'actions have consequences' thing could kick in.
Lose points and get a timeout... maybe that'll get their attention.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#15]
We run the elcs in a pack of three with a fast medium in tow ...to cover our ass...we've done full 5 runs and the other teams spaz

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

3 elcs
2 fast mediums
3 big heavies
2 TDs
5 Berts

The cursing that would fly!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We run the elcs in a pack of three with a fast medium in tow ...to cover our ass...we've done full 5 runs and the other teams spaz

3 elcs
2 fast mediums
3 big heavies
2 TDs
5 Berts

The cursing that would fly!

We've been doing 4 tildas ...with a heavy in tow the last two days...4-5 tier and even a few tier 6 games have fallen to us...the elf is a sucicide king..and if you can sneak up behind or to the side of someone you'll wake them up super fast...
But watching a 'Tulsa take down a kv1 ...is classic

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Heads up guys, the 1.7 update will be over 4GB.  Make space on your Xbox drives.
View Quote

Glad we shelled out the $$ for the large drive - any target date for the release?

(Hadn't heard one yet - just the 'get ready' msg)
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#21]
0:01 tomorrow morning 1/13 for 3 hours (yeah right)

There will be a "Mini-Game" available during the download apparently
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, I can believe the 3 hours part - if you have a good connection... problem will be
getting 3hrs TV time to let it download w/o the console timing out and shutting down...

Will have to grab a book or something and keep an eye on it. Can't remember how long
it can sit un-attended before the pop up message saying 'Console will shut down shortly'
shows up...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Last big update I watched TV...and did yard work every 15-20 minutes id just push the controller and walk away....3 HR time on my end is gonna take all fucking day.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Have decent download speed - it's getting TV time away from Mrs. Tanker or the girls....

Especially now that we have the new TV to replace the one that fried it's power board
right before Christmas...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The update took under 30 minutes for me.

I didn't know it was going to include a day of premium time.  Nice.
View Quote

Sounds about right - did the upgrade while Mrs. Tanker doing some reading for
her SOC class - just kept jumping on to make sure the console didn't time out.

Didn't have time to play a game afterwards - will do that tonight. Other than a
slight change to the garage screens, any real noticeable changes?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Hi PhilinSeattle and all XboxWOTs! I recently discovered this game after years on COD. Been playing for about a month and have several solid Tier III and Tier IV British tanks I've earned through playing and upgrading. Wanted to introduce myself and see if I can send anyone an invite to platoon up.

I'm GlowingDonut on Live.

Mostly play my Covenator with 3" Howitzer, Binocs, Camo net, 100 Octane. It's relatively fast and hits harder than my other Cruiser III and Cruiser IV. I'm also trying to play up my Pzkpwgn IIG to upgrade, but that thing seems really slow and the auto-cannon isn't very hard hitting. I try to play Scout in it most of the time, but once I'm seen by anyone over a light tank, I'm a gonner in less than a min. Any advice?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I ended up with 14 days of premium time.  I'd planned on playing Titanfall and going back to Destiny.  

Finally got the top gun on the IS-3.  At least now I can hurt the Tier 9s.

Started the French light tanks late last week.

That stupid little ELC AMX is fun once you 1)figure out that it's not a tank so don't try to play it like one 2)You have the 90mm top gun

Not really a machine for us old & slow guys, but when things go the right way.....

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/Games/20141228_145226_zpse5fuvqys.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/Games/20141229_114616_zpsjigdps7u.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/Games/temporary_zps97aba1ec.jpg
View Quote
Still learning how to dive this thing.

I have the suicide scout thing down pat. It's living longer than a couple of minutes that's the problem.

It's like a Miata. Fun, but squishy.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I completed this weeks 100K silver OP pulling what was essentially a suicide scout, lit up 12 reds before I got tagged in that blaze of glory.  Showed my team enough that they pivoted to that flank and tied red up long enough for us to grab the base.  Otherwise green was going to get rocked hard, out numbered at the end.

The ELC AMX is like a 5 year old on Red Bull and Snickers bars, running around screaming it's head off, then it's quiet, and WHAM smacks you in the junk and runs away again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ended up with 14 days of premium time.  I'd planned on playing Titanfall and going back to Destiny.  

Finally got the top gun on the IS-3.  At least now I can hurt the Tier 9s.

Started the French light tanks late last week.

That stupid little ELC AMX is fun once you 1)figure out that it's not a tank so don't try to play it like one 2)You have the 90mm top gun

Not really a machine for us old & slow guys, but when things go the right way.....

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/Games/20141228_145226_zpse5fuvqys.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/Games/20141229_114616_zpsjigdps7u.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/Games/temporary_zps97aba1ec.jpg
Still learning how to dive this thing.

I have the suicide scout thing down pat. It's living longer than a couple of minutes that's the problem.

It's like a Miata. Fun, but squishy.

I completed this weeks 100K silver OP pulling what was essentially a suicide scout, lit up 12 reds before I got tagged in that blaze of glory.  Showed my team enough that they pivoted to that flank and tied red up long enough for us to grab the base.  Otherwise green was going to get rocked hard, out numbered at the end.

The ELC AMX is like a 5 year old on Red Bull and Snickers bars, running around screaming it's head off, then it's quiet, and WHAM smacks you in the junk and runs away again.

The 36.01 I killed by putting four shells in his butt seemed kind of surprised that such a thing was possible.

These have the same armor distribution and thickness as a Leichtraktor.

So basically, keep doing what I've been doing.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:36:53 AM EDT
[#32]
this needs to come to next gen
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:14:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Run the elc like a rail buggy on crack...get to where you can either spot...slide it sideways hauls ass back...rinse repeat for spots. Or...get with other lites and fast flank invade kill arty or hit tanks in the ass.   We run them in packs...3-4 at a time...with a arty and a tank to help them or us.
You get 4 elcs appearing at your spawns flank before your 59 meters from it with arty dropping...it puts you on your toes.
Just pray your other team mates get the hint.....most don't and the initiative is lost.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hi PhilinSeattle and all XboxWOTs! I recently discovered this game after years on COD. Been playing for about a month and have several solid Tier III and Tier IV British tanks I've earned through playing and upgrading. Wanted to introduce myself and see if I can send anyone an invite to platoon up.

I'm GlowingDonut on Live.

Mostly play my Covenator with 3" Howitzer, Binocs, Camo net, 100 Octane. It's relatively fast and hits harder than my other Cruiser III and Cruiser IV. I'm also trying to play up my Pzkpwgn IIG to upgrade, but that thing seems really slow and the auto-cannon isn't very hard hitting. I try to play Scout in it most of the time, but once I'm seen by anyone over a light tank, I'm a gonner in less than a min. Any advice?
View Quote

Wait till you get the Cromwell and have it decked out. Don't run it like medium ...run it like your covenator and you'll kick ass. The cov is a bad ass lil tank....you hit a heavy or medium in the sides with that howy up close and it'll do some tier 3-4 hurt. I've taken a few heavies that way.

Delta69alpha is my live call sign..I play with other Arfcom guys and got a good base of fellas we play with.I'm on mostly weekends ...due to work.

Oh...get a Matilda ...Max it out....run gun rammer..tool box (or vent) and better suspension ..and enjoy raping guys in your tier...and putting the hurt on tier 6 tanks...(we run packs of 3-4 and while slow it'll throw so much lead down range it ain't funny) ..

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Just had my best match ever...

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#37]
People both amuse & annoy me in this game...

Decided to do some credit farming last night, and ramp up a noob crew on my Lol-Traktor.
Fitted out with binocs, you can sit in one corner of the Province map, especially if on the opposite side of
the valley from the castle, and shoot over into the other corner. 500+ meter shots with a really decent
success rate, especially if you let the reticle shrink all the way down.

Timer says go, 95% of the team is out the gate like lemmings on crack, I sit back and start plinking the other
team as they're spotted. Ended up with something like 12 kills, a whole slew of medals and what I thought
was a ridiculous amt of creds for a Tier I tonk mission. (Not that I'm complaining. )

Dude that YOLO'd with the lemmings in his T1 (and I think was one of the first to get whacked ) was
beotching on the headset about how I wasn't pulling my weight, I needed to get into the game and quit
wasting time... (sounded about 12 y/o or so)... I muted him. Game ends, he sends this giant profanity-laden
text. I just replied 'LOL' and let it go. Got another one a few minutes later and reported him.

First one that I think I've reported for any BS. I mean, c'mon... CTFO - it's a free game. You're gonna stroke
out before you reach puberty!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Oh it'll put a hurt on the reds, the 1150 damage and kill I laid on a T28 prototype proved it.  Poor bastard never saw me.

It's a fun tank.  The Chaffee frustrated me, the little frog amuses me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The 36.01 I killed by putting four shells in his butt seemed kind of surprised that such a thing was possible.

These have the same armor distribution and thickness as a Leichtraktor.

So basically, keep doing what I've been doing.

Oh it'll put a hurt on the reds, the 1150 damage and kill I laid on a T28 prototype proved it.  Poor bastard never saw me.

It's a fun tank.  The Chaffee frustrated me, the little frog amuses me.

Just one shotted two artys with it today.

Team was dumb though, they went from a 5 kill lead to a loss.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#41]
I love my Tiger.

Currently playing around with  the Chaffee. My survival rate is abysmal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Played my Pershing last night....this new upgrade helped a ton....gotta run my tiger and see how it does.....

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Anybody else have issues caused by the monster patch?

Now when I enter the game, the initial screen takes forever to come up,
and there have been a few times where everybody has already moved
out of the base.

Last night, the screen came up as a Red tank came into view, and I was
hit twice before I could even get moving....
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Only issue I've had is ghost rounds on my premium tank. PzIV 120 m out..broad side ...full red..fire..nothing.....fire again....nothing ...

Happened way to many times the other day to be an issue on my end (skill wise)  LOL

Had entry lag like your talking about once yesterday ....that's it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You can also delete and reinstall the game. I've done that at least once too.
View Quote

*SERIOUS* last resort there... LOL
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can also delete and reinstall the game. I've done that at least once too.

$$$$

LOL

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#50]
My win rate is sucking lately too, seems there are a ton of "Lone Wolf" players that like to run out and die within the first 5 minutes.

Still holding at a 58% but that is down from 60%

I also got bitched at by two different players in the same game, teammate died in front of me so I was using his tank as cover shooting across the valley at a Black Prince on Highway.
Teammate got mad at me thinking I was behind him, not allowing a retreat, apparently he didn't understand that I was far behind him when he died and pulled up after he exploded.
The Black Price was pissed because I was using the dead tank as cover, which was absorbing his shots, while I kept hitting him from 350m away.

People forget to use "Cover" and "Concealment"
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top