Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 24
Posted: 10/1/2013 11:34:23 PM EDT
Please post with your PSN name and whether you are on PS4 or PS3. If you move from the 3 to 4, let me know so i can edit accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation. Asses.

PS4
(PSN - ARFCOM)
unmotomarine0351 - NapeSticksToKids
sasqatch_crakr - TxStM4
JCWIU - JCWIU
UnifiedREIGN - Minator556
outerhaven15 - BANDITOZ71
aimforthemedic - aimforthemedic
silentsinner-  - AndrewS
EnderInFlight - DisplacedHoosier
KobraKomander13 - Sgt_Fury
TheInfidel-_- - proheromk1
Reaper_S117 - _B_
wilandice - bacpck
cgaight - Lucky_Day
sasquatch98 - sasquatch98
JoHnAtHaN117 - That_Guy_MA
DukeNukem358 - Rumrunner358
MDVYN - MDVYN
IdiotIdiotIdiot - CrazedCat
Jmill79 - Jmill79
imguppy43 - Patriot43
EvilRhino77 - EvilRhino
Texas--Ripper  - SALittle
blurboEK - grn_zx6r
Tyler315 - Tyler315
SavageWhiteDude - Towely
d_rob1031 - d_rob1031
TN8807 - Takashi
clayvt - clayvt
MK10mm - ebbtide
KC_Weapon - ak4784
PaPaKAPture - Kapture1
Hosel - Hosel-Hit
slamscrew - cardboardkiller
Leprechaun-33- - Leprechaun-33-
GAY-TRAIN-RIDER - Lucky_Day
SLLENT_SLN - Hadji
KiloGolf4 -CEFParts
C_co16Boris - JohnnyCarcinogen
FMJforFreedom - VegasEgo
DEVILS_GO_KART ......... or DevilsGoKart, says it both ways. - BiggerStick47
Rejeme - rejeme

PS3
(PSN - ARFCOM)
JCWIU - JCWIU
TxPiKapp - TxPiKapp
Rooster2468 - Rooster283
itsweak - Eastwood4CINC
TOXIC_Stryker - AR15travis
EnderInFlight - DisplacedHoosier
TonyAlmeida13 - grn06rubi
ConfedaRebel - SquatchHunter
PorksYeti - LightZephyrX
jraal722 - josepha1
Elusive_Hamster - Dirty_Robster
Bailey559  - Bailey559
ShredGuitar - DeathMetal
Billy331 - Sabre331
Sgwlower - sgwlower
theDoctor602 - AlanBolin602
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
i really hate the new flight controls.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
In on one!
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In on one!
View Quote

hello good sir, please state your name and console please.....

shithead.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

shithead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

shithead.
You know who I am & so does CG's mom!

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

shithead.

GOOD ONE!!! HAHAHA CG IS A LOSER!!!

but seriously, are you getting ps4?
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i really hate the new flight controls.
View Quote

I'm kinda digging them, and you can change them back to BF3 by going to options and switching to veteran, I did that to put the nipple slicer back in its right spot. And in on 1

Edit for PSN and system:

sasqatch_crakr - PS4, maybe PS3 also
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm sure I will get one at some point, but I didn't pre-order anything so it may be awhile after release. I assume they will be hard to find at first with all the pre-orders & midnight releasers snatching them up.

I'm downloading the Beta now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

shithead.

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

shithead.

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 1:37:51 AM EDT
[#10]
ps3 id: txpikapp

ps4 id: txpikapp
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#11]
UnifiedREIGN - psn

Ps4

And I like the flight controls but hate the vehicle controls you can't even make sharp turns or back up correctly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#12]
psn: cgaight (pronounced "CG, a'ight")

dislikes: telephone poles and trees.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#13]
PSN: outerhaven15

PS4
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#14]

From an admitted vehicle whore: the tank/ground vehicle controls on the beta are ASS.

Your options: be able to control the turret as before but drive around using extremely imprecise unicycle controls or drive like normal and have your turret controls f'ed up to the point where actually spotting or hitting targets is impossible. And then the game crashed every time I tried to jump into an empty server to try to find a way to make these controls somehow work for me. Great "new and improved" game, DICE.

Additionally, even after adjusting them numerous times, I found the infantry controls were extremely sluggish and unresponsive. I literally could not get my guy to sprint for more than a 2-3 seconds no matter how hard I jammed that stick into the pad (and yes, I had fixed the controls to the normal hold to sprint). And of course the "in game battlelog" on select was the bane of my existence throughout my first evening playing.

And then there were the invisible barriers. I don't know if it was just stuff that was not rendered in the beta or if the aim system is flawed, but I had at least 5 or 6 occasions when I had clear view of the enemy or vehicle above or through an obstacle at close range and the cross hair directly on target and the round/bullet simply showed hitting whatever I was shooting between or over. So yet again, am disappoint.

Needless to say, I'm not at all impressed with BF4 so far. Feel free to add me to the list, but all in all, I don't see myself playing the beta very much unless there are some improvements made to it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got it preordered with a PS4 for launch.

Beta is interesting so far. Dan, I had the same problem with sprint after switching to the hold button. I'll be changing that back soon. Veteran controls for infantry only swapped the knife and crouch buttons but that was a bit better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
From an admitted vehicle whore: the tank/ground vehicle controls on the beta are ASS.

Your options: be able to control the turret as before but drive around using extremely imprecise unicycle controls or drive like normal and have your turret controls f'ed up to the point where actually spotting or hitting targets is impossible. And then the game crashed every time I tried to jump into an empty server to try to find a way to make these controls somehow work for me. Great "new and improved" game, DICE.

Additionally, even after adjusting them numerous times, I found the infantry controls were extremely sluggish and unresponsive. I literally could not get my guy to sprint for more than a 2-3 seconds no matter how hard I jammed that stick into the pad (and yes, I had fixed the controls to the normal hold to sprint). And of course the "in game battlelog" on select was the bane of my existence throughout my first evening playing.

And then there were the invisible barriers. I don't know if it was just stuff that was not rendered in the beta or if the aim system is flawed, but I had at least 5 or 6 occasions when I had clear view of the enemy or vehicle above or through an obstacle at close range and the cross hair directly on target and the round/bullet simply showed hitting whatever I was shooting between or over. So yet again, am disappoint.

Needless to say, I'm not at all impressed with BF4 so far. Feel free to add me to the list, but all in all, I don't see myself playing the beta very much unless there are some improvements made to it.

View Quote

I'm going to agree with you on most of these points, controls all the way around feel sluggish, until all of a sudden they aren't. Changing the enemy ID to tapping R2, and having R2 bring up team command is crap as well. Haven't run into the invisible barriers yet, but have experienced the getting kicked out of servers with low player counts which is also bs.

The one glaring grip I have is with sniper rifles, even at 100m or less, you have to aim JUST ABOVE an enemy's head to score a head shot. I don't know how aiming is with other kits since I have barely used engineer and support yet.

Also team marking, I don't know how many times I was at an objective and my squad mates or one of the blueberries wouldn't have a marker. This lead to shooting at them instead of the enemy right behind them, who promptly lit me up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#17]
If you get this for PS3 i heard it will be upgradeable to ps4 when they come out,  has anyone else heard that?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you get this for PS3 i heard it will be upgradeable to ps4 when they come out,  has anyone else heard that?
View Quote

They're doing a deal where if you buy it for PS3 and plan on getting a ps4, you can buy the ps4 bf4 for $10 down the road.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#19]
PSN: fuck_outerhaven

PS4
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
PSN: fuck_outerhaven

PS4
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

...Dan, I had the same problem with sprint after switching to the hold button. I'll be changing that back soon. Veteran controls for infantry only swapped the knife and crouch buttons but that was a bit better.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm considering trying the tap to sprint. Never used it like that so we'll see how it works I guess. Yeah, the veteran controls for infantry are good, except for being way sluggish, and the sprint thing. Having melee on the circle takes me back to CoD muscle memory so that's not much of an issue. Not enjoying vehicles or infantry very much on BF4 kind of is...
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll update the thread when I get to my desktop. I'll be on tonight around 9
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#23]
When I get a PS4 my PSN name will be the same as my username. For now I'm still on XBL.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They're doing a deal where if you buy it for PS3 and plan on getting a ps4, you can buy the ps4 bf4 for $10 down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.... but you have to keep the PS3 game disc.  It needs to be in the console to play.  Which means that you will essentially pay an extra $10 for the same game for early access.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#25]
What the hell I'm in. It would be nice to play with some people who like teamwork. I swear every
game I play, the round starts and all my squad members go different ways.  WTF people!

PSN: Rooster2468
PS4: ?

I like playing medic and support mainly.ETA I don't have a mic right now but, I'm working on it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Just a heads up that you can select BF4 on battlelog at the top and it will give you your progression, stats, etc.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone heard if the stats you earn in beta will transfer over or not?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm playing the beta on PS3 for now.  I think I'm going to build a computer for the release of the full game though, after I heard PSN is going to be a paid service.

PSN: BlakJak-6
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm playing the beta on PS3 for now.  I think I'm going to build a computer for the release of the full game though, after I heard PSN is going to be a paid service.

PSN: BlakJak-6
View Quote

lol irony at its finest.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#30]
hola.  beta is pretty fun.  looks very unrendered and stuff... whatever the hell that means. blah blah blah...

psn: itsweak   (but cg's mom already new that)
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#31]
And I just wanted to point out that Nape is gonna be the OP of a thread that will probably have 400+ pages
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Beta is interesting so far. Dan, I had the same problem with sprint after switching to the hold button. I'll be changing that back soon. Veteran controls for infantry only swapped the knife and crouch buttons but that was a bit better.
View Quote

what is your PSN?

Also, for now, im trying to stipulate in the player lists between guys who are getting the PS4, the PS3, and who are playing the beta so we can link up now with the beta as well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And I just wanted to point out that Nape is gonna be the OP of a thread that will probably have 400+ pages
View Quote

I'M A BANANA!

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

what is your PSN?

Also, for now, im trying to stipulate in the player lists between guys who are getting the PS4, the PS3, and who are playing the beta so we can link up now with the beta as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is your PSN?

Name has been in my signature for a while. Too damn hard to keep track of everyone. Having name association in the first post will be nice.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Name has been in my signature for a while. Too damn hard to keep track of everyone. Having name association in the first post will be nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is your PSN?

i dont pay attention to that shit son!
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is your PSN?

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#37]
PS3 - TOXIC_Stryker
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#38]
So yesterday someone tried to get my tags, I flailed around on the controller and either brought up the counter knife, or the way he knifed me brought it up, either way I kept my tags .

I've also noticed that in recon it appears you'll be able to dope for yardages instead of only using hold overs. I don't think it works yet, but when you press up on the d-pad you'll notice it will go from 0-1000m, which makes the range finder even more useful now.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#39]
There is a setting in the options menu that you can turn off battlelog.   prevents those messy select button mishaps.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There is a setting in the options menu that you can turn off battlelog.   prevents those messy select button mishaps.
View Quote

Did not know that, thanks. I'm still trying to get used to the R2 thing yet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Where the fuck is the BF4 beta in the playstation store?
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where the fuck is the BF4 beta in the playstation store?
View Quote

Games>Demos>newly released is where I found it two days ago.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Well, I wouldn't say I've mastered the unicycle MBT controls but I've stuck it out and have gotten a little better with it. The aim still seems a little off, but I manage to compensate. And I still get C4'ed a lot more than on BF3 due to that lack of fine control, and not having things like thermal and prox scan I suppose. But it's getting better. I have also found that I kind of like the helo controls. I'm not great at getting the immediate kill shots, but I keep it airborne, get myself and squad members to objectives and get the occasional kill. So, I'll be around for the beta and get BF4 for PS3, hoping they'll have true legacy controls there. If they do, I'll eventually make the move to PS4.

Link Posted: 10/5/2013 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Ahh, what the hell, in. I have this preordered for PS4. Currently play BF3 on the 360, but migrated over to playing my PS3 for the most part until the PS4 releases. I'll be checking this beta out soon---I'm not worried about the bugs. The BF3 beta was ASS and the game turned out great.

PS3: EnderInFlight

PS4: EnderInFlight
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Recon class snipers are um interesting
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I kinda like the flight controls. The vehicle controls suck ass.  Thank god I fou d the veteran controls for ground fighting. Lol.
PS3: clayvt
Didn't pre order the ps4 but will get one eventually. Plan on a new tv first.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#49]
PS3   TonyAlmeida13
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Haven't played beta yet.

PS3 ~ ConfedaRebel
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top