Site Notices
Page / 174
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oooh bombers I'm definitely going to pick up a retaliator
View Quote

Arguably one of the sexiest ships in the game!

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Please tell me they go on sale again
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Please tell me they go on sale again
View Quote
They'll go on sale when they are flight ready, but not with LTI.

You'll also be able to CCU up to one at some point, though nobody really knows when that'll be a thing.  Probably close to the game release.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
You could always buy a second LTI Gemini and CCU it to a Retaliator as soon as both of them are in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You could always buy a second LTI Gemini and CCU it to a Retaliator as soon as both of them are in.
View Quote

What was the cost of a retaliator originally and how could you make sure you could transfer it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What was the cost of a retaliator originally and how could you make sure you could transfer it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like it was $250 concept $275 2yr anniversary/hanger ready.  You can get the LTI on reddit for right around $400 now.

So the general idea (although I can't link an official source) at some point you will be able to ccu almost anything into almost anything. No word on what the prices for those upgrades will be of course, and some ships will not be available that way such as the 890 Jump, the Connie Phoenix, Javelin, or anything else that is a "limited" hull.  Those will be available in the PU, but no word on what that will look like or what insurance will be.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#7]
okay so if I get another SF with LTI and switch it to a retaliator the LTI transfers to the retaliator?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
okay so if I get another SF with LTI and switch it to a retaliator the LTI transfers to the retaliator?
View Quote

IF you do a cross chassis upgrade, yes.  Melting and buying a new ship, no.

My only two LTI ships are a Redeemer and Gemini, but I'll probably pick up a Misc Reliant if I like the specs.  Considering what they did for the Gemini, I'm hopeful they Avenger variants well get LTI
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ahh! So that's the Armada list?  Do we just edit to add our stuff or do you do all the edits?

I think the wife would be happy if I lit my computer on fire at the moment, so at least you've got company

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't think they'll take the LTI away from it?

I honestly don't think CIG would be silly enough to do it to the ones that have sold already.  That would piss off way more people than the original backers.  Honestly, if they did I'd sorely consider melting/selling most of my stuff and going down to my regular Avenger package.  The missus would be happy if I did too  Hell, the only reason I'm backing so much is that it gives me something to look forward to when the docs get me patched up.  Otherwise, I'd call myself insane right now.

Edit:

I went in and added the 315P, 325A, Gemini, and Hull series to the ship chart and set to update totals like the rest of the sheet.  Other than the different Mustang types, I think that is everything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yxbiR54X2Evh5nUh-wy-UdUelIdb1O0ENgl14IPRsXk/edit#gid=0

Ahh! So that's the Armada list?  Do we just edit to add our stuff or do you do all the edits?

I think the wife would be happy if I lit my computer on fire at the moment, so at least you've got company

Just add your stuff.  I didn't even create the list, just went in to update my stuff and noticed some things needed to be added.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Pleh whipped out the credit card and also bought a hornet because...yolo...
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have a game package yet?  And congrats, you pretty much outgun all but one of my ships  The MISC Reliant starter ship should be popping up on a LTI concept sale here sometime in the next few months btw.

Considering our Starfarer and Hull fuel hauling idea, here's the rough # of unloads to fill a Hull up.  Granted this can change, I was just bored and wondering how often we could fill up a ship for trade.  I imagine fuel prices per unit will be low, so we'd have to go in crazy bulk.  I'm fairly certain we have a couple larger hulls in the org, but it looks like (depending on time to mine the fuel) the Hull D is going to be the most efficient time wise.  Depending on how long it takes to transfer fuel pods (which the Hull could haul empties and just hot swap them, I'd imagine) the Starfarers could scoop an extra load each to carry to market.  We'll see and all, just theorycrafting.

------------------------------Starfarer 3321 scu unloads-------------Gemini 2488 scu unloads

B 384 scu-----------------8.64 Hull B filled per load---------------6.47 Hull B filled per load      
C 4,608 scu--------------1.38 unloads to fill------------------------1.85 unloads to fill
D 20,736 scu------------6.24 unloads to fill------------------------ 8.33 unloads to fill
E 98,304 scu------------29.60 unloads to fill-----------------------39.51 unloads to fill
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just add your stuff.  I didn't even create the list, just went in to update my stuff and noticed some things needed to be added.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't think they'll take the LTI away from it?

I honestly don't think CIG would be silly enough to do it to the ones that have sold already.  That would piss off way more people than the original backers.  Honestly, if they did I'd sorely consider melting/selling most of my stuff and going down to my regular Avenger package.  The missus would be happy if I did too  Hell, the only reason I'm backing so much is that it gives me something to look forward to when the docs get me patched up.  Otherwise, I'd call myself insane right now.

Edit:

I went in and added the 315P, 325A, Gemini, and Hull series to the ship chart and set to update totals like the rest of the sheet.  Other than the different Mustang types, I think that is everything.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yxbiR54X2Evh5nUh-wy-UdUelIdb1O0ENgl14IPRsXk/edit#gid=0

Done.  I'm gonna go cry a little now and look into some 12 step programs...
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

LOL Yeah that's kinda what I said...

Hornet is a great ship.  If you are flying with a stick try sticking 3 mantis chainguns on it, it's pretty brutal.  3 of those on a stealth seems to be how people are ducking all the missile spam lately.

CIG really needs to upgrade the missile racks to size 2 though. Having "the fighter" ship have smaller missiles than damn near every other ship is silly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Any subscribers here?  Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Meh.

The REC was really nice when it came.  I got like 360k.  The flair is okay, but depends on how much of a hanger whore you are :)

The other content like WIP stuff normally gets posted on reddit pretty fast so wouldn't buy it just based on that.

You also get a 15% thing (maybe not till 1 year?) which I found out pretty fast is capped to $15 ($100 purchase).
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#16]
If you dock two G's bottom to bottom and roll slowly on an axis you'll become invincible
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah. You can CCU to anything of the same or greater value once both ships are in the game. So, a $240 Gemini would CCU to a $275 Retaliator for $35 once both the Retaliator and the Gemini are in the game, and the Retaliator would then have LTI.

You could also get one gray market for around $400, but honestly, fuck that noise. Why not wait a few months and spend $275 instead.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I subscribed for 1 month to get some flair.

FWIW, if you want the wallpapers and all the Jump Point issues and hangar flair and so on and so forth... just get a one month access pass. Download/buy everything you want. Then no need to resubscribe unless you want to maintain access to something.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a game package yet?  And congrats, you pretty much outgun all but one of my ships  The MISC Reliant starter ship should be popping up on a LTI concept sale here sometime in the next few months btw.

Considering our Starfarer and Hull fuel hauling idea, here's the rough # of unloads to fill a Hull up.  Granted this can change, I was just bored and wondering how often we could fill up a ship for trade.  I imagine fuel prices per unit will be low, so we'd have to go in crazy bulk.  I'm fairly certain we have a couple larger hulls in the org, but it looks like (depending on time to mine the fuel) the Hull D is going to be the most efficient time wise.  Depending on how long it takes to transfer fuel pods (which the Hull could haul empties and just hot swap them, I'd imagine) the Starfarers could scoop an extra load each to carry to market.  We'll see and all, just theorycrafting.

------------------------------Starfarer 3321 scu unloads-------------Gemini 2488 scu unloads

B 384 scu-----------------8.64 Hull B filled per load---------------6.47 Hull B filled per load      
C 4,608 scu--------------1.38 unloads to fill------------------------1.85 unloads to fill
D 20,736 scu------------6.24 unloads to fill------------------------ 8.33 unloads to fill
E 98,304 scu------------29.60 unloads to fill-----------------------39.51 unloads to fill

We form as a combat services org... watch the PU launch and we actually end up becoming Exxon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Whats your favorite loadout on a hornet for flying with a joystick?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder how long it will take to earn enough in-game currency to purchase additional ships.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FWIW, if you want the wallpapers and all the Jump Point issues and hangar flair and so on and so forth... just get a one month access pass. Download/buy everything you want. Then no need to resubscribe unless you want to maintain access to something.

We form as a combat services org... watch the PU launch and we actually end up becoming Exxon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Any army travels on it's belly.  So having a plan on keeping the spice...er... fuel flowing is a necessity.  Personally I'm hoping (probably like one of the many maniacs out there) to find derelict ships to bring back to operational status.  Doubt we have the manpower to salvage, repair, refit, and operate one of the seeded Bengals, but the location could sell for a very pretty penny.

Not our fault that some hooligans stripped the ship bare before we got there "officially" after all.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Any army travels on it's belly.  So having a plan on keeping the spice...er... fuel flowing is a necessity.  Personally I'm hoping (probably like one of the many maniacs out there) to find derelict ships to bring back to operational status.  Doubt we have the manpower to salvage, repair, refit, and operate one of the seeded Bengals, but the location could sell for a very pretty penny.

Not our fault that some hooligans stripped the ship bare before we got there "officially" after all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can salvage space hulks they will definitely be fought over. I hope they have genestealer esc type enemies on them to make it very hard. We can reenact spacehulk with the starfarer G converted to  troop transports
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, if you subscribe it gives you access to ALL flair, past and present?

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, just that months flair and the option to go into the subscriber store to buy the rest at a couple bucks a pop.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you can salvage space hulks they will definitely be fought over. I hope they have genestealer esc type enemies on them to make it very hard. We can reenact spacehulk with the starfarer G converted to  troop transports
View Quote

CIG has said they are planning on seeding non purchasable ships throughout the PU for players to find, salvage, or loot.  Personally I vote for salvaging the ships we can use/support and looting the ones we can't before selling their location to the highest bidder.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

CIG has said they are planning on seeding non purchasable ships throughout the PU for players to find, salvage, or loot.  Personally I vote for salvaging the ships we can use/support and looting the ones we can't before selling their location to the highest bidder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is actually the entire case for the existence of the Aegis Reclaimer. Salvage!

I also just realized... with the introduction of the Star-G, Aegis ships can now do every job in the verse.

Avenger: Data running, bounty hunting, sensitive cargo hauling, exploration
Gladius: Ultra-nimble dogfighter
Vanguard: Heavy fighter, exploration, SWACS, EWAR
Redeemer: Anti-fighter, area denial
Starfarer Gemini: Fuel scooping, cargo hauling, refueling
Retaliator: Bombing, anti-capital ship, light cargo
Reclaimer: Salvage, cargo hauling
Idris, Javelin: Warships

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is actually the entire case for the existence of the Aegis Reclaimer. Salvage!

I also just realized... with the introduction of the Star-G, Aegis ships can now do every job in the verse.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45173615/web/aegismasterrace.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets reclaim a cruiser and rule the verse

I also removed the cover on my hornets cargo area how the hell do you put a turret in there or atleast cover it up again
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Avenger: Data running, bounty hunting, sensitive cargo hauling, exploration EWAR variant called the Warlock

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Avenger: Data running, bounty hunting, sensitive cargo hauling, exploration EWAR variant called the Warlock

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I also removed the cover on my hornets cargo area how the hell do you put a turret in there or atleast cover it up again
View Quote

You can't currently customize that area, so if you accidentally remove it, you've got Doughnut Hornet syndrome.

How to get it back: go to your USER folder in the Star Citizen data files and delete the inventory XML file. It will regenerate with defaults the next time you load the game and your cargo module will be back in place. Doughnut Hornet solved.

Oh, and as a fellow Hornet owner, might I suggest a CCU to a Ghost. Performs the same as the regular Hornet (will actually perform better due to being 3,000 kg lighter once physics are more in place), your EM and IR signatures are very low, you can set your course for a destination and power down the engine and just drift at speed and nothing further than about 1800m will be able to detect you even with shields up. Also, mounting triple Mantis GT-220 gatling guns is ridiculously effective on it. Minimal EM signature since they're ballistic weapons, and powering up your engines only about 2KM away and afterburning in for an ambush with them can be very effective.

Being really hard for missiles to lock is a great perk, too. Also fits a size 4 Ink Mark shield that doubles shield hit points while having a lower EM signature than the standard shield.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#31]
How do the REC-store shields compare vs the Super Hornet's shield?

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You can't currently customize that area, so if you accidentally remove it, you've got Doughnut Hornet syndrome.

How to get it back: go to your USER folder in the Star Citizen data files and delete the inventory XML file. It will regenerate with defaults the next time you load the game and your cargo module will be back in place. Doughnut Hornet solved.

Oh, and as a fellow Hornet owner, might I suggest a CCU to a Ghost. Performs the same as the regular Hornet (will actually perform better due to being 3,000 kg lighter once physics are more in place), your EM and IR signatures are very low, you can set your course for a destination and power down the engine and just drift at speed and nothing further than about 1800m will be able to detect you even with shields up. Also, mounting triple Mantis GT-220 gatling guns is ridiculously effective on it. Minimal EM signature since they're ballistic weapons, and powering up your engines only about 2KM away and afterburning in for an ambush with them can be very effective.

Being really hard for missiles to lock is a great perk, too. Also fits a size 4 Ink Mark shield that doubles shield hit points while having a lower EM signature than the standard shield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to CCU to a super hornet though
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Kharn

You get 1200 shield HP on a Seal Ink shield instead of 900 on the stock Gorgon Invincible, but I don't think it's worth it as either kinetic hits (Ink Splash) or missile hits (Ink Mark) will do 20% hull damage through the shields with every hit. I think 300 less HP, but 100% damage absorption is preferable. The Super Hornet and Gladiator are both better off with their stock shields.

Quoted:

Be ready for it to be slow. I have one and I'm going to be CCUing it into a Retaliator because of how slow it is. Depends on your play style though, a lot of people love the Super Brick. I won't deny its firepower is damned effective, but I can't stand not being able to maneuver worth a damn in a dogfight.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You get 1200 shield HP on a Seal Ink shield instead of 900 on the stock Gorgon Invincible, but I don't think it's worth it as either kinetic hits (Ink Splash) or missile hits (Ink Mark) will do 20% hull damage through the shields with every hit. I think 300 less HP, but 100% damage absorption is preferable. The Super Hornet and Gladiator are both better off with their stock shields.

Be ready for it to be slow. I have one and I'm going to be CCUing it into a Retaliator because of how slow it is. Depends on your play style though, a lot of people love the Super Brick. I won't deny its firepower is damned effective, but I can't stand not being able to maneuver worth a damn in a dogfight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Quoted:

Go squad tali
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife doesn't want to fly but is looking forward to playing RIO/gunner, so I'm really looking forward for two seat ships to really work.  That's going to be a game changer for the super bug.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Part 1 of Gemini Q&A  Any notes by me will be done in RED

Can we get confirmation on whether or not the cargo specifications are related to the ship’s internal cargo bay, and whether or not the Starfarer Gemini’s cargo size is reduced due to the increased mass of armor?

The numbers provided for the Starfarer and Starfarer Gemini are the aggregate of their internal and external cargo capacities. Most of the cargo reduction on the Starfarer Gemini is because of changes to the internals, where it will mount more reinforced bulkheads and larger military-related equipment.

Will the Starfarer cargo area be able to hold pods for snub fighters and can a Rover fit inside the internal storage area? Not sure how that's relevant or a useful question, but whatever)

At this time, we do not expect the exploratory rover to fit inside the Starfarer’s internal bay, although something like a Greycat should. Sizing for the vehicles is still in flux, though, and in the final game the limitation will be purely physical.

Does the base model Starfarer have any other advantages over the Gemini outside of increased maneuverability and increased cargo space?

Increased maneuverability and cargo space are the key benefits to the standard Starfarer. There will also be differences to the internals and the finished look of the two ships.

Will the inflight refueling be done while moving or stationary or both?

Inflight refueling can be conducted either way; while in motion (like an actual aircraft) will be most difficult!

Can both Starfarers land on a planet? Can they both land fully loaded?

Yes. Unlike the larger Hull series ships, the Starfarer can set down with a full load of cargo.    WOO!

Would the Gemini be available to be obtained in the PU?

Yes, absolutely! Anything sold through the website to benefit funding will also be available on the final universe.

Are the older Starfarer owners going to get the VFG industrial hanger too?

Yes, all Starfarer owners will have access to the VFG industrial hangar (also known as the “asteroid hangar.”

Will the Starfarer be upgradeable to use long-range scanner, jump engine, etc, to use it as an exploration ship with a lot of cargo?

Yes! There are other, more dedicated explorer ships in the ‘Verse, but the Starfarer is still a customizable platform that can be adapted for roles beyond fuel and transport.

How viable is the Starfarer as a solo player ship? Max crew has grown quite a bit on it.

Perfectly viable! The Starfarer has had several seats added for its part in Squadron 42, but we don’t see the gameplay changing significantly. Remember that ‘max crew’ refers to the number of people who can have a role at any one time, not the number of people needed to fly the ship in the first place.

Will the Gemini variant be branded as MISC or AEGIS?

Good question! In our lore, MISC builds the basic chassis of all Starfarers. If this chassis is to become a standard Starfarer, it’s completed in the MISC factory. If it’s being adapted by the military, it’s shipped off to Aegis for completion. (This is based on real life civilian aircraft which are often completed by military contractors for use as sub hunters, AWACs planes, etc.) The formal badge on the Gemini will read Aegis Dynamics, although you can rest assured a great deal of MISC work went into the ship!

Can the Starfarer’s underslung fuel tanks be swapped out for holding straight cargo containers?

Yes! Standardized Stor-All containers can be used instead of fuel tanks (though if you’re only interested in cargo, a Hull series ship might be a better choice; less space wasted on fuel pipes!)

Can you tell us a little bit more about the state of the fuel mechanic? How important is fuel ingame? Will I have to refuel regularly on a long flight? How important is the size of my fuel tank? Is it useful to have a Starfarer on long exploration convoys?

The fuel mechanic is still being developed and is likely something that will shift significantly based on actual game balance. That said, the general plan is for fuel to be important but not something you are worried about at every turn. Think of the original Wing Commander or Privateer, where you could run out of afterburner or jump fuel and be forced to travel home very, very slowly… but it wasn’t ever the key danger (jump fuel being the more dangerous of the two, as poor planning could leave you ‘stuck’ in a system without a fueling station.)

We expect fuel to be a serious ‘support’ role in Star Citizen. There will be players and NPCs with Starfarers serving the masses… and the importance of fuel will go up depending on the nature of the mission. For instance, a military campaign against the Vanduul might be significantly benefited by supporting Starfarers, as the ships in battle will be taking damage and expending supplies quickly. A force of transports moving through safe space, however, might never need in-flight refueling as they will always be close to a planet.

Will we Be able to Race in Old Vanderval and other Tracks Big rig racing :)

Eventually! Right now, it’s likely the Starfarer would become stuck in the ‘gates’. (A racing Starfarer has already appeared in Star Citizen’s fiction.)

If the Starfarer G is a military variant , can it transport one Hornet with a docking Clamp or is it possible to buy in the later PU ?  Are you retarded?

The Starfarer Gemini is not intended to transport fighters. Current prototypes suggest that the midget fighter attachment for the Hull series would not really ‘fit’ on the Starfarer (as it would be blocked by the sides of the hull.)

What does the Starfarer have to offer over the similarly sized Hull C? Why would you want to buy a Starfarer specificaly over the other space trucks?

Fuel is the name of the game here. While the Hull C can store fuel pods (and the Starfarer can store cargo pods,) the Starfarer is further designed to do something with them. The hull superstructure has the ‘plumbing’ for actually using the fuel in those tanks, rather than just storing them.

Can Starfarer be retrofitted into a heavy (but vulnerable) gunship like AC-130?

We aren’t in a position to test this yet, but: quite possibly. The Starfarer (especially the Gemini version) has a number of weapons hardpoints and other modular areas. We’ve already developed a potential ‘missile pod’ that can be placed in the nose instead of the refueling equipment.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#37]
People want pocket carriers for some reason

Can someone use track IR for the gimbal using a HOTAS and tell me if it works?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Nope, just that months flair and the option to go into the subscriber store to buy the rest at a couple bucks a pop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, paid access, but access nonetheless?  

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

People want pocket carriers for some reason

Can someone use track IR for the gimbal using a HOTAS and tell me if it works?
View Quote

It does, but I think it takes alot of practice to get accurate with from what I've seen.  I only messed with mine for a few hours. I had to find a way to mount the stick and throttle to my desk.  I got the mounts figured out, just haven't had the time or energy to set it all up again. The warthog is a PITA to do custom configs on.

At least for now (unless you're flying an M50 or something) I think the MK is the way to go.  That being said I was wrecking people for awhile by going with all fixed mounts and pushing all the weapons up a size.  Once I get it all setup again I am going to loaded out my stealth hornet with three chainguns and wreck people. I've also been taken out recently by people in hornets with the "Aegis double platform" which is what the Avenger and Gladius mount Tempests on. If that is some legit way to replace the dinky S1 missiles I'm all over it. Guessing its an XML hack tho :(
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#41]
are you saying its a pain in the butt to do because you have to keep mapping every time you want to play?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:42:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, you don't get flair free (except for that month's flair), but you get access to everything else, most of which is downloadable. So, you can just grab all of it for offline viewing for the cost of one month.

Previous flair (excluding event trophy flair) is available for $5 a pop for as long as you're a subscriber. Although they've said all subscriber flair with be obtainable in-game, so it's not really necessary to buy unless you just want it now. Only things you'd miss out on that I doubt you can get in-universe are the event items.

Quoted:
I've also been taken out recently by people in hornets with the "Aegis double platform" which is what the Avenger and Gladius mount Tempests on. If that is some legit way to replace the dinky S1 missiles I'm all over it. Guessing its an XML hack tho :(

Much like putting three Avenger noseguns on the Avenger and three Gladius noseguns on the Gladius, it's not legit. Expect them to patch that out. Part of the Hornet's balance is small missiles to balance out the huge gun firepower.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yeah, you don't get flair free (except for that month's flair), but you get access to everything else, most of which is downloadable. So, you can just grab all of it for offline viewing for the cost of one month.

Previous flair (excluding event trophy flair) is available for $5 a pop for as long as you're a subscriber. Although they've said all subscriber flair with be obtainable in-game, so it's not really necessary to buy unless you just want it now. Only things you'd miss out on that I doubt you can get in-universe are the event items.

Much like putting three Avenger noseguns on the Avenger and three Gladius noseguns on the Gladius, it's not legit. Expect them to patch that out. Part of the Hornet's balance is small missiles to balance out the huge gun firepower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've also been taken out recently by people in hornets with the "Aegis double platform" which is what the Avenger and Gladius mount Tempests on. If that is some legit way to replace the dinky S1 missiles I'm all over it. Guessing its an XML hack tho :(

I'll have to go back over the flair I wished I had and see if there's anything I think is worth that.  Would the locker count as an event flair item?  

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:59:30 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So was I right?  It's an XML hack?

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:11:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'll have to go back over the flair I wished I had and see if there's anything I think is worth that.  Would the locker count as an event flair item?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nope, it's purchasable. The only items you can't buy are the Gamescom 2014 trophy, PAX east trophy, PAX Australia trophy, etc. The items they hand out free every month for subscribers can be bought at a later date if you subscribe, or found in-game.

Quoted:
So was I right?  It's an XML hack?

From what I've read it's not an XML hack, but rather a bug that allows you to pull the racks off the Gladius and put them on the Hornet on the holotable. Apparently doesn't work for everyone (I can't get it to work). Unlike the Avenger/Gladius gatling bug, they haven't been able to track down the source of this one and fix it thus far. They're moving AC to server-based inventory management in an upcoming patch, so I'm guessing they're not gonna commit too many resources since that's expected to solve all inventory management issues in one fell swoop.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#46]
So I got a bit bored tonight and made a new emblem for the 87th SOS org page, if you guys like it.  Mostly I just get bored and fuck around in photoshop.  The blending isn't perfect in spots, but not bad for a 10 minute hack job.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I also got bored, and fucked around in Hyper Vanguard Force.

Flawless victory, all 6 missions.

Links to the specific ones in the description. Booyah.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

So I got a bit bored tonight and made a new emblem for the 87th SOS org page, if you guys like it.  Mostly I just get bored and fuck around in photoshop.  The blending isn't perfect in spots, but not bad for a 10 minute hack job.

http://orig09.deviantart.net/de59/f/2015/132/5/8/87th_by_aknorthpolar-d8t34z1.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://orig09.deviantart.net/de59/f/2015/132/5/8/87th_by_aknorthpolar-d8t34z1.jpg

+1.  I like that a lot!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I also got bored, and fucked around in Hyper Vanguard Force.

Flawless victory, all 6 missions.

https://youtu.be/fbdSBeoGwgY

Links to the specific ones in the description. Booyah.
View Quote

Jesus fuck.  It was bad enough beating it on normal
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top