Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 174
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sitting on store credit waiting for the downgrades to hit.  How hard can that shit be?  Then, of course, we might be looking at the CIG trait of NEVER wanting to let go of moniez, so you swap a $100 ship for a $50 ship and pay $5 for the privilege.  

Harrumph harrumph.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go piss on somebody's flower garden.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

you can do that? is a snub the biggest that can fit in there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, crap.  I only have 3 ships to work with....Archimedes, DUR, or MAX.  Whatever happened to cross-chassis downgrades?  I'd love to use the Super Hornet for this.

I really don't want to spend more money, but I'd really like a solo mining platform.  Might have to sneak it in somehow.

I keep forgetting that I bought an Archimedes when they were first sold. I plan to attach it to my Reclaimer.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm thinking he's meaning to use it to give his Reclaimer LTI.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, crap.  I only have 3 ships to work with....Archimedes, DUR, or MAX.  Whatever happened to cross-chassis downgrades?  I'd love to use the Super Hornet for this.

I really don't want to spend more money, but I'd really like a solo mining platform.  Might have to sneak it in somehow.

I keep forgetting that I bought an Archimedes when they were first sold. I plan to attach it to my Reclaimer.

you can give LTI to different ships?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy LTI ship when it goes on sale then CCU to the ship you want when it goes on sale. Your $30 Merlin LTI just turned into a Carrack LTI. Granted you have to pay the price difference.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Buy LTI ship when it goes on sale then CCU to the ship you want when it goes on sale. Your $30 Merlin LTI just turned into a Carrack LTI. Granted you have to pay the price difference.
View Quote

Yep.  The Archimedes should probably have been named the LTI Token, that's what most people call it anyway.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually they said you'll be able to attach modules to large ships that allow you to dock snub fighters.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Actually they said you'll be able to attach modules to large ships that allow you to dock snub fighters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I didn't hear that. I only thought it was the modules for the Hull series and the like to ship ships.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Thrustmaster is announcing their new line of sticks here in an hour or two as a heads up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
So, Saitek discontinued the X-55 and released the X-56, which I like. They replaced some of the directional buttons with analog sticks, which would be epic for gimbal and strafe controls.  Looks like both thumbs, throttle and stick are analog sticks now.

MSRP $250

Looks like Thrustmaster is upgrading a stick and throttle as well.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh lord... HCS is doing voice packs for Star Citizen (Voice Attack) with the Orion pack coming out now.  That one is voiced by freaking William Shatner.  Having Kirk as your ship AI  Kirk starts at 3:30

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh lord... HCS is doing voice packs for Star Citizen (Voice Attack) with the Orion pack coming out now.  That one is voiced by freaking William Shatner.  Having Kirk as your ship AI  Kirk starts at 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsp0uxbgw8
View Quote

I've known I would be getting into voice commands when I really started playing....but this video just took me from "Yep, will do." to "MUST HAVE!"

Very cool, thanks for sharing, the last time I used voice commands was 10 years ago...didn't realize how far it had come.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't know it was that advanced either. Shame Leonard Nemoy passed on, I'd have paid an arm and a leg to have him voicing my ship.  I am curious to see who else they are going to do voices with. So much potential there.

Mr. T: Shields are down fool!
Arnold: Self destruct active. Get to the escape pod.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys ever get together and do Arena Commander?

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Explosive decomposition, manual door override, etc demo at 37:05 in this week's RTV:
Here
Or skip here:

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Drake Buccaneer concept next week at $110.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

During RtV today,  Disco said it will not be next week even thigh they released the price.

Kharn

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

During RtV today,  Disco said it will not be next week even thigh they released the price.

Kharn

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Ah.  Doesn't matter, I guess.  I don't have another $110 to pony up for a fighter
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So, Saitek discontinued the X-55 and released the X-56, which I like. They replaced some of the directional buttons with analog sticks, which would be epic for gimbal and strafe controls.  Looks like both thumbs, throttle and stick are analog sticks now.

MSRP $250
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71P71SjIlsL._SL1500_.jpg

Looks like Thrustmaster is upgrading a stick and throttle as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChpbnMLXAAEVWJr.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChpbnO_XAAA4lJ4.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChpaoIKW0AASReL.jpg

View Quote

I'll have to see if I can get hands on that X-56.  I love my X52pro but wouldn't spend good money on a similar stick.  Even after modifying it the joystick itself still feels like a limp dick flopping around in my hands.  Can't stand it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#20]
2.4 PTU is live!

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#21]
What's new.  I was looking for an update list.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Testing Goals:
Persistence is now in the game!! We'll now save your character between game sessions with data on Alpha UEC, Item Purchases, Hangar Configurations, Ship Loadouts, Character Loadouts, Crusader Reputation, and Ship Ammo and Missiles (Crusader only).
New outlaw and bounty hunter missions!
New control schemes!
Try out Alpha UEC and Shopping!
Port Modifications. This is still under development.
Reliant Base is hangar ready... and the Starfarer Gemini is flight ready!
Much, much more... we encourage everyone to jump into Discord for more information.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Huh, the Buccaneer looks kind of badass.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Recycling this post since it should now be accurate.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjAhJ8gVAAAzN9q.jpg
View Quote

Well, shit.  That thing is purdy!  I will own one or several, but I'm going to purchase them in game rather than from the store.  Yep, that's the plan.  Gonna stick to it this time, too.  Yessiree, boy!
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, shit.  That thing is purdy!  I will own one or several, but I'm going to purchase them in game rather than from the store.  Yep, that's the plan.  Gonna stick to it this time, too.  Yessiree, boy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm tapped out, but it looks like a Z-95 from Star Wars if it ran into a wall face first.  I like it

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It resembles an X-Wing at a quick glance.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, or a Z-95
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Hornet cockpit is upgraded already.

2016 2.4 PTU

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#31]
I really like the Buccaneer's Z95 inspiration.
I've thought about swapping my Delta for it, but that little ship could be fun for drunken suicide ganks.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#32]
You know, having been playing Eve Valkyrie for a bit now, I can honestly say that any of you planning on control panels and additional controls for SC need to stick to monitors.  A few minutes of VR time and you'll have trouble finding your own dick, much less a control you don't have a hand on.  It really fucks with your special awareness.  The less-than-perfect fit of the Rift is actually a big help...there's a tiny opening down the left side of my nose that I can see out of if I close my right eye, it's enough to find something on my desk, but doesn't let in enough light to be distracting.  Rift + Voice Attack won't be a recommendation for SC imho, it will be the only way it's playable.  But it will be spectacular.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You know, having been playing Eve Valkyrie for a bit now, I can honestly say that any of you planning on control panels and additional controls for SC need to stick to monitors.  A few minutes of VR time and you'll have trouble finding your own dick, much less a control you don't have a hand on.  It really fucks with your special awareness.  The less-than-perfect fit of the Rift is actually a big help...there's a tiny opening down the left side of my nose that I can see out of if I close my right eye, it's enough to find something on my desk, but doesn't let in enough light to be distracting.  Rift + Voice Attack won't be a recommendation for SC imho, it will be the only way it's playable.  But it will be spectacular.  
View Quote

Far be it from me to put words in your mouth or comment on your... cognitive skillz, but are you sure you didn't mean 'spacial'?

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Far be it from me to put words in your mouth or comment on your... cognitive skillz, but are you sure you didn't mean 'spacial'?

View Quote
I know 12P.  He may be on to something.  

PS:  Sorry I missed you last week, at some point I'll be able to tell you why things were crazier than usual.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

PS:  Sorry I missed you last week, at some point I'll be able to tell you why things were crazier than usual.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking auto-correct.  

As for last week...let's just call it emotionally taxing, and I didn't have a lot left in me for fun shit anyways.  I'll be in for a day or 2 on the 28th next month, maybe we can catch up then.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Slightly on topic, if you're in the market for a set of (affordable) pedals, Thrustmaster's new TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals hit shelves on the 31st for $89. Amazon and Newegg have them for pre-order.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PII6YI/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826280072&cm_re=rudder_pedals-_-26-280-072-_-Product

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Slightly on topic, if you're in the market for a set of (affordable) pedals, Thrustmaster's new TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals hit shelves on the 31st for $89. Amazon and Newegg have them for pre-order.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PII6YI/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826280072&cm_re=rudder_pedals-_-26-280-072-_-Product

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/914XShy9UXL._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

Shit...I don't even want pedals, but I may not be able to pass that up, those look pretty nice, and the price isn't outlandish.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I have some Saitek combat pedals that got some grit in the plastic mechanism which is so chewed up now it's diffucult to use it on twitchy airplanes in DCS.  I'm thinking of pulling the electronics and making my own mechanics for it.  Has anyone here done this or know of any good build threads?

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have some Saitek combat pedals that got some grit in the plastic mechanism which is so chewed up now it's diffucult to use it on twitchy airplanes in DCS.  I'm thinking of pulling the electronics and making my own mechanics for it.  Has anyone here done this or know of any good build threads?  
View Quote

I think there are some DIY videos on youtube.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:53:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Wtf did I just watch?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wtf did I just watch?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wtf did I just watch?

Goat Simulator (aka the funniest WTF game ever) is doing an expansion that parodies Star Citizen, and damn near every other scifi out there.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Wtf did I just watch?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wtf did I just watch?
Something beautiful man.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Cool.  I'll grab a couple of CCUs, just in case.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Buccaneer: Sale is now live. No mini-game, it was not fun. Survey is taking place, if you buy a Buccaneer and take they survey you will receive a Size 4 weapon. Will not be heavily armored. Variants are not currently planned. The loaner will be a Hornet.

Cutlass Black: If you own a Cutlass Black (and had it yesterday) you should have received a $10 coupon for the Buccaneer.

Cutlass (general): Design needs to be balanced to prevent it from becoming a "jack of all trades" ship. Will not be a combat ship (purpose of the Buccaneer). Cargo hold is bigger than the Reliant.

Reliant: Variant owners will receive the Kore as the loaner once it's flyable. They will not get the ship in the hangar. Will go on sale for 2.4 live.

Starfarer: Both versions will go on sale for 2.4 live.

Carrack: Undergoing a pass to make sure it will still fit the game play style. We might hear more about it next month.

Caterpillar: May go up in price. Ben mentioned another concept sale at original price.

Orion: Will receive a Prospector loaner if it goes live first
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#47]
The Buccaneer is a great looking little ship, but I'm done spending money, and I've got nothing I can CCU.  Definitely looking forward to picking one up in game though, looks like it should be a blast to fly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Buccaneer: Sale is now live. No mini-game, it was not fun. Survey is taking place, if you buy a Buccaneer and take they survey you will receive a Size 4 weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Buccaneer: Sale is now live. No mini-game, it was not fun. Survey is taking place, if you buy a Buccaneer and take they survey you will receive a Size 4 weapon.

What survey?

Cutlass Black: If you own a Cutlass Black (and had it yesterday) you should have received a $10 coupon for the Buccaneer.

Nothing for the Blue though?  
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#49]
The new S3 Plasma Shotgun is amazing. You can one shot enemies in Vanduul Swarm at 1500m with a quad setup.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 1:29:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The new S3 Plasma Shotgun is amazing. You can one shot enemies in Vanduul Swarm at 1500m with a quad setup.
View Quote

Oooh
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top