Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Kodiak-AK:
Beat it last night . So far so good. Spartin ops is fun.
Kinda pissed 343 broke cannon in the first cut scene though. Come on guys....

Just pretend the Spartans in the air drop were wearing Mark 4 armor, the Elites had their full Covenant armor, and John was wearing the Mark 5 when Halsey presented Cortana to him. 343i probably wanted to use the all the new character models they created as much as they can.

Still better than the continuity nightmare that was Halo: Reach.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Only 6 hrs to beat a game.   I may be done buying games on release date if the campaign is so short.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By millfire517:
Only 6 hrs to beat a game.   I may be done buying games on release date if the campaign is so short.

Did you play on Legendary?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]

That's standard for a Halo game. There's also Spartan Ops. So far its gonna be ten weeks worth of episodes. Hopefully they make more.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 5:48:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InfiniteGrim] [#5]
Anyone interested in playing some 5v5 "big team battle" or anythign else?

If so add me BxA Grim

Noone wants to join the fun? Just went 30/4 on capture the flag on valhalla. I love that banshee
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By the_outrider27:

Just pretend the Spartans in the air drop were wearing Mark 4 armor, the Elites had their full Covenant armor, and John was wearing the Mark 5 when Halsey presented Cortana to him. 343i probably wanted to use the all the new character models they created as much as they can.

They kept Spartan 117's Mark V Armor in the Halo Anniversary.

I haven't played Halo 4. What are you guys saying? They were using Armor that wasn't supposed to come along later on in parts of the game that took place in the past?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been playing mostly multiplayer, haven't beat campaign yet.  It's entertaining, but there are a lot of things that just piss me off.  

Similar to reach, almost all the maps suck, where are the small good maps like lockout, guardian, the pit, construct?

The killfeed looks like shit, there's always like 50 things coming up at once, and all the medals look the same.  I've had times where I've gotten like 3 different medals for a kill and cant even tell the difference between any of them.

They got rid of the big red X where a teammate died, one of the most useful things in multi.

The BR recoil...the fuck is this shit?  The guy can throw a fucking tank but can't control the recoil of a rifle?

I'm one of the few people that actually liked having a respawn time and not a killcam, because it gave you a few seconds to watch what the enemy is doing/going.

I'm not really a fan of the new weapon spawn system.  It takes out the whole learning how to control the map and use teamwork part of the game (which was basically the entire fucking game).

I don't really have a problem with the AA's, but I feel like promethean vision is OP and the jetpack just shouldn't be there.  Same with the ordinance drops  I'm fine with them, but hearing that dude say "running riot" is a better reward than anything they could give me.

Probably most importantly, why is there no actual skill rank?  IMO, the system in H3 was pretty near perfection.  I want something to actually work towards and encourage me to get better at the game. Something to determine how good a player is, not just how long they've been playing.

Like I said, the game is pretty decent and entertaining, but IMO, if they want to make a truly good multiplayer experience they need to completely scrap anything associated with Reach, fire anyone who liked that game, and start as if it was the next game after Halo 3.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

They kept Spartan 117's Mark V Armor in the Halo Anniversary.

I haven't played Halo 4. What are you guys saying? They were using Armor that wasn't supposed to come along later on in parts of the game that took place in the past?

Yeah. 343i got lazy or ran out of time with the flashback scenes of the intro cinematic. They showed all the Spartans using the Cortana modified Mark 6 since the early days of the war, and the Elites were shown using the stripped down Storm armor when they should've been in the classic full armor.

Chief's armor is completely unique in Halo 4. Cortana upgraded the armor using nanites during the years were drifting. A regular Mark 6 armor can be unlocked for multiplayer after beating the game on Legendary, so it still exists.

The only disappointing thing about Halo 4 is we didn't get to see Blue Team. Hopefully in one of the next two games.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 11:26:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bhouse1545] [#9]
Originally Posted By Rob123456789:
I've been playing mostly multiplayer, haven't beat campaign yet.  It's entertaining, but there are a lot of things that just piss me off.  

Similar to reach, almost all the maps suck, where are the small good maps like lockout, guardian, the pit, construct?

The killfeed looks like shit, there's always like 50 things coming up at once, and all the medals look the same.  I've had times where I've gotten like 3 different medals for a kill and cant even tell the difference between any of them.

They got rid of the big red X where a teammate died, one of the most useful things in multi.

The BR recoil...the fuck is this shit?  The guy can throw a fucking tank but can't control the recoil of a rifle?

I'm one of the few people that actually liked having a respawn time and not a killcam, because it gave you a few seconds to watch what the enemy is doing/going.

I'm not really a fan of the new weapon spawn system.  It takes out the whole learning how to control the map and use teamwork part of the game (which was basically the entire fucking game).

I don't really have a problem with the AA's, but I feel like promethean vision is OP and the jetpack just shouldn't be there.  Same with the ordinance drops  I'm fine with them, but hearing that dude say "running riot" is a better reward than anything they could give me.

Probably most importantly, why is there no actual skill rank?  IMO, the system in H3 was pretty near perfection.  I want something to actually work towards and encourage me to get better at the game. Something to determine how good a player is, not just how long they've been playing.

Like I said, the game is pretty decent and entertaining, but IMO, if they want to make a truly good multiplayer experience they need to completely scrap anything associated with Reach, fire anyone who liked that game, and start as if it was the next game after Halo 3.

first off i love it really like the foward unto dawn movie thing really good job they did the elites well secondly the person im quoting your bitching about a brand new company that is taking on probably one of the biggest game franchises in history and trying to please its fan bases also there trying to expand there customer base with the multiplayer changed you can see in this video

and your really judgemently to for it being only release week there are gonna be bugs and lag until they get a few update...

calm the fuck down
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I've played the ever loving shit out of every Halo but CE, and have found that none of them are particularly amazing multiplayer wise. All of them offer a low level of customizability weapon wise, and now with halo 4, armor wise. Reach, as well as Halo 4 are good fun in my opinion, but without an attractive reason to keep playing, it will get old fast.

Also, Spartan Ops gives you 4 times more experience than a multiplayer match, and you can complete SO missions on heroic while sleeping.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
I've played the ever loving shit out of every Halo but CE, and have found that none of them are particularly amazing multiplayer wise. All of them offer a low level of customizability weapon wise, and now with halo 4, armor wise. Reach, as well as Halo 4 are good fun in my opinion, but without an attractive reason to keep playing, it will get old fast.

Also, Spartan Ops gives you 4 times more experience than a multiplayer match, and you can complete SO missions on heroic while sleeping.

customizable armor and weapons does NOT make good gameplay. Honestly to me its a distraction to make the masses happy. Good multiplayer is a dun, repeatable experience of well balanced weapons and maps.

Halo is the ultimate "party game" Halo 2 and 3 with friends was the most fun I've ever had online. All the jetpacks and special abilities and air dropped weapons that are there to please the COD crowd take away from what halo multiplayer really is all about.

Soon every single game will be exactly the same thing, but with another skin
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Out of curiosity, does anybody have a code for the Gamestop Forest armor skin?  I'm willing to trade my web armor skin for it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:

customizable armor and weapons does NOT make good gameplay. Honestly to me its a distraction to make the masses happy. Good multiplayer is a dun, repeatable experience of well balanced weapons and maps.

Halo is the ultimate "party game" Halo 2 and 3 with friends was the most fun I've ever had online. All the jetpacks and special abilities and air dropped weapons that are there to please the COD crowd take away from what halo multiplayer really is all about.

That is what sold halo 3 as the best multiplayer IMO what other games allows you to play four people online on one xbox?
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#14]

What I meant was it keep you interested. The other halo games are too slow in my opinion. It reminds me of old counter strike where the frames per second was so slow that you lose your mind(I did at least) I prefer something slightly slower than COD and in my opinion the fluidity of reach/4 is perfect. Sprint/assassinations we are what make the game fun for me, spraying until shield drop gets old.

Halo is a fun party game but it doesn't apply to all situations
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:11:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronOnMe] [#15]

+1000000,  I agree with this exactly

If it's really a good game, what should keep you interested is getting good and playing well (NEEDS A RANK SYSTEM, not just XP for playing).  Halo doesn't need stupid gimmicks, there's a reason why Halo 3 is over 5 years old and as of last month was still on the top 20 most populated games on live.  

They're trying to expand their fan base, but they're going to end up picking up a bunch of cod 12 year olds, and losing the guys who have been hard core fans since the beginning.

ETA:  imo, sprint ruins the pace of halo, I don't like it one bit (assassinations are neat though), and if you're "spraying till shield drop" then you're doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Bungie started this trend in Reach.  Time will tell 343 if the multiplayer design they used in H4 was a good choice or not.  But the only way to find out is to get public feedback from years of play.
+1000000,  I agree with this exactly

If it's really a good game, what should keep you interested is getting good and playing well (NEEDS A RANK SYSTEM, not just XP for playing).  Halo doesn't need stupid gimmicks, there's a reason why Halo 3 is over 5 years old and as of last month was still on the top 20 most populated games on live.  

They're trying to expand their fan base, but they're going to end up picking up a bunch of cod 12 year olds, and losing the guys who have been hard core fans since the beginning.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 501st:

Bungie started this trend in Reach.  Time will tell 343 if the multiplayer design they used in H4 was a good choice or not.  But the only way to find out is to get public feedback from years of play.

I know bungie started it, hence my comment about designing the next game as if reach never existed and canning everyone who argues

Honestly though, I'm having fun so far, I really just hope they bring back some good small maps.  There's like 5 maps in 4v4 and only 2 of them are any good.  I just don't understand why they couldn't integrate a numbered rank along with the XP system.  They did it in H3 and it worked out fine.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#18]

I know bungie started it, hence my comment about designing the next game as if reach never existed and canning everyone who argues

Honestly though, I'm having fun so far, I really just hope they bring back some good small maps.  There's like 5 maps in 4v4 and only 2 of them are any good.  I just don't understand why they couldn't integrate a numbered rank along with the XP system.  They did it in H3 and it worked out fine.

Like this?

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/11/02/Halo-4-Competitive-Skill-Rank-Announcement.aspx

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 10:35:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InfiniteGrim] [#19]
not going to lie....I didn't read the link.

But I personally want a system like Halo 2's. Where if you lost, it would negativetly effect your rank. losses took more xp away then wins earned, and the higher your level the bigger the gap between win/loss xp. And the levels of your opponents also determined how much xp you gained. I loved the system and it was HARD to rank up.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Like this?

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/11/02/Halo-4-Competitive-Skill-Rank-Announcement.aspx

That actually sounds promising, I hadn't heard of that yet.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:16:27 AM EDT
[#21]

But I personally want a system like Halo 2's. Where if you lost, it would negativetly effect your rank. losses took more xp away then wins earned, and the higher your level the bigger the gap between win/loss xp. And the levels of your opponents also determined how much xp you gained. I loved the system and it was HARD to rank up.

Screw that. I have enough shitty loses due to moron teammates. I deserve some XP for putting up with teammates that plasma sticky their own vehicles and whine in chat about vehicles ruining Halo, while a enemy ghost, warthog and mantis rip us a new one.

Or the shit heads that keep jumping in front of friendly vehicles to get run over like it's some Halo insurance scam.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By slick556:

Screw that. I have enough shitty loses due to moron teammates. I deserve some XP for putting up with teammates that plasma sticky their own vehicles and whine in chat about vehicles ruining Halo, while a enemy ghost, warthog and mantis rip us a new one.

Or the shit heads that keep jumping in front of friendly vehicles to get run over like it's some Halo insurance scam.

I agree with Grim, Halo is supposed to be about teamwork, so if you lose, you shouldn't get anything rank wise.  I personally liked Halo 3's, which combined both a rank and XP.

And either way if you're in a competitive game at any decent skill level, you usually wont have people like that, or vehicles for that matter.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#23]

That's standard for a Halo game. There's also Spartan Ops. So far its gonna be ten weeks worth of episodes. Hopefully they make more.

Yep, beat all the Spartan ops on legendary last night.   And hell no I am not beating the game on Legendary by myself.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 12:26:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WereCar] [#24]

LOL   This comment made my evening.

ETA to be fair this is what happens when I drive.
ok it wont embed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:50:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Yep, beat all the Spartan ops on legendary last night.   And hell no I am not beating the game on Legendary by myself.

I just beat from 4-the end on solo legendary... yeah some parts were pretty rough.  Took me more than 6 hours I'll tell you that much  Played co op for the first 3 so I still have to finish up those solo but they didn't seem too hard.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 3:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kodiak-AK] [#26]

What canon was broken?

ONI Can not be interogating the good DR.

IDK the spoiler tag , so dont scroll down......

http://halostory.bungie.org/halostory.timeline.html2552
Sep 12

The Gettysburg/Ascendant Justice arrives for refit and provisioning in Eridanus system and meets with the rebels under Governor Jiles. Dr. Halsey sedates Spartan 087, Kelly, and absconds with her on Governor Jiles ship (the Beatrice), a Chiroptera-class vessel, the smallest UNSC classification that contains an SFTE. Before she goes, she gives the alien artifact to Corporal Locklear, with implicit instructions to destroy it.

Nov 3

Dr. Halsey and Kelly arrive in the Zeta Doradus system, and are immediately attacked by Sentinels as they approach Onyx. They crash-land the Beatrice, and join forces with Kurt, Mendez, and the Team Saber squad of SPARTAN IIIs. Dr. Halsey coerces the Onyx AI, Endless Summer, to assist them by sending a message through Slipspace warning FLEETCOM about the events currently unfolding at Onyx. As the Slipspace COM probe is launched, the AI detects another message being transmitted from within the Slipspace matrix. It is Cortana, warning FLEETCOM that the Flood, with the help of a previously unknown coordinating intelligence, was attempting to escape Delta Halo.

Blue Team, consisting of Fred, Will, and Linda, is ordered to Onyx to aid Dr. Halsey and the others. They hijack the Covenant cruiser Bloodied Spirit and transition to Slipspace for the journey, only to have the ship automatically drop back into normal space to answer a different distress call. This is from the Covenant ship Incorruptible, commanded by the Elite Voro 'Mantakree, which is being attacked by a Brute-commanded pair of frigates, the Twilight Compunction and the Revenant. The SPARTANS manage to re-enter Slipspace and continue on to Onyx, but not before the Covenant discover who they are and where they are headed.

Dr. Halsey discovers that Onyx is what the Forerunner referred to as a "Shield World", and contains a stable Slipspace rift deep within the planet's structure. As the Covenant close in on the humans within Onyx, Dr. Halsey persuades them all to enter the rift, to escape whatever galactic destruction the Forerunner intended with the Halos that she is convinced is inevitable. Dr. Halsey, Mendez, SPARTAN III Gamma Company Teams Saber and Katana, Tom, Lucy, Fred, Linda, and Kelly all pass through the rift as it closes, as Kurt detonates two warheads within the ammassed Covenant forces. The detonation obliterates much of the planet's organic material, revealing an underlying structure composed entirely of trillions of Sentinels, all focused on protecting the rift.

Halo 4 takes place FOUR YEARS LATER.

They fucked up.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#27]

What canon was broken?

Sep 12

The Gettysburg/Ascendant Justice arrives for refit and provisioning in Eridanus system and meets with the rebels under Governor Jiles. Dr. Halsey sedates Spartan 087, Kelly, and absconds with her on Governor Jiles ship (the Beatrice), a Chiroptera-class vessel, the smallest UNSC classification that contains an SFTE. Before she goes, she gives the alien artifact to Corporal Locklear, with implicit instructions to destroy it.

Nov 3

Dr. Halsey and Kelly arrive in the Zeta Doradus system, and are immediately attacked by Sentinels as they approach Onyx. They crash-land the Beatrice, and join forces with Kurt, Mendez, and the Team Saber squad of SPARTAN IIIs. Dr. Halsey coerces the Onyx AI, Endless Summer, to assist them by sending a message through Slipspace warning FLEETCOM about the events currently unfolding at Onyx. As the Slipspace COM probe is launched, the AI detects another message being transmitted from within the Slipspace matrix. It is Cortana, warning FLEETCOM that the Flood, with the help of a previously unknown coordinating intelligence, was attempting to escape Delta Halo.

Blue Team, consisting of Fred, Will, and Linda, is ordered to Onyx to aid Dr. Halsey and the others. They hijack the Covenant cruiser Bloodied Spirit and transition to Slipspace for the journey, only to have the ship automatically drop back into normal space to answer a different distress call. This is from the Covenant ship Incorruptible, commanded by the Elite Voro 'Mantakree, which is being attacked by a Brute-commanded pair of frigates, the Twilight Compunction and the Revenant. The SPARTANS manage to re-enter Slipspace and continue on to Onyx, but not before the Covenant discover who they are and where they are headed.

Dr. Halsey discovers that Onyx is what the Forerunner referred to as a "Shield World", and contains a stable Slipspace rift deep within the planet's structure. As the Covenant close in on the humans within Onyx, Dr. Halsey persuades them all to enter the rift, to escape whatever galactic destruction the Forerunner intended with the Halos that she is convinced is inevitable. Dr. Halsey, Mendez, SPARTAN III Gamma Company Teams Saber and Katana, Tom, Lucy, Fred, Linda, and Kelly all pass through the rift as it closes, as Kurt detonates two warheads within the ammassed Covenant forces. The detonation obliterates much of the planet's organic material, revealing an underlying structure composed entirely of trillions of Sentinels, all focused on protecting the rift.

They fucked up.

No they didnt fuck up. There's been two more books released that take place between Halo 3 and 4. I can post spoilers if you want.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#28]

What canon was broken?

Sep 12

Nov 3

They fucked up.

No they didnt fuck up. There's been two more books released that take place between Halo 3 and 4. I can post spoilers if you want.

Yes please. Last I read those two books take place BEFORE any of the current Halo Cannon.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 9:06:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the_outrider27] [#29]

Yes please. Last I read those two books take place BEFORE any of the current Halo Cannon.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Click To View Spoiler

Interesting.  Personally, I'm not really a fan of where they took the story.  I just feel like the novels should supplement the game not the other way around.  I shouldn't have to constantly google shit to know what's going on.  I didn't even know there was a new trilogy of books until I started not knowing what the hell was happening, I did read the first 4 though.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 2:05:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: InfiniteGrim] [#31]
So now that I finally finished the campaign, I have to admit. I'm a little bit disappointed.

Also, I really have no clue what happened.  Who the hell the didach was. To me though it just seemed like it was a repeat of previous games. I wont say how so I dont spoil anything.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 2:25:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lovelessk999] [#32]

So now that I finally finished the campaign, I have to admit. I'm a little bit disappointed.

Also, I really have no clue what happened.  Who the hell the didach was. To me though it just seemed like it was a repeat of previous games. I wont say how so I dont spoil anything.
Click To View Spoiler

Unlock all the terminals.

Go to Waypoint.

Watch the unlocked movies.  

It will all make sense about who the Didact is and what he was doing.  (Or, at least you'll understand the Didact/Librarian story link )

The novels are so poorly written they are like the Star Wars novels.  They might be fun, but they shouldn't be gospel.  Accepting them as cannon does confuse the larger story and causes all kinds of continuity errors with the mixed fanbase.  

Some love the story and get frustrated when MC forgets how to dual wield or his armor magically changes.  The gamer side doesn't care, but hates any kind of change.

It's the best and worst of both worlds.
EDIT:  Spart Ops 2 is coming soon, but you can still unlock the raider armor if you want it.  Just complete spartan ops and input the codes from waypoint under the classified section.  The easiest way is finish Spartan Ops and then go to youtube for the codes.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 2:50:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Thank you , I missed those books.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:22:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Lovelessk999:

Click To View Spoiler

Go to Waypoint.

It will all make sense about who the Didact is and what he was doing.  (Or, at least you'll understand the Didact/Librarian story link )

The novels are so poorly written they are like the Star Wars novels.  They might be fun, but they shouldn't be gospel.  Accepting them as cannon does confuse the larger story and causes all kinds of continuity errors with the mixed fanbase.  

Some love the story and get frustrated when MC forgets how to dual wield or his armor magically changes.  The gamer side doesn't care, but hates any kind of change.

EDIT:  Spart Ops 2 is coming soon, but you can still unlock the raider armor if you want it.  Just complete spartan ops and input the codes from waypoint under the classified section.  The easiest way is finish Spartan Ops and then go to youtube for the codes.  

Do you need to find all the terminals to get the raider armor? I noticed that the unlock codes didn't work, and I haven't found all 7 terminals yet

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Click To View Spoiler

Go to Waypoint.

Do you need to find all the terminals to get the raider armor? I noticed that the unlock codes didn't work, and I haven't found all 7 terminals yet

Just finish the first 5 episodes of spartan ops.

If you need help I can run you through them. They take 10-15 minutes a pop right now on legendary.

After that, try the input.

Some folks have gotten a bug on the armor input. You can always delete waypoint and reload/rebuild.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Click To View Spoiler

Go to Waypoint.

Yes, you need the terminals.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Click To View Spoiler

Go to Waypoint.

The novels are a main part of canon. It's been that way since The Fall of Reach was released before Halo: CE over 10 years ago. The story in the games works on their own without the books, but reading the books gives you a complete story. The problem is when you forget to read a book or two, and then a new game seemingly contradicts something. Or when Bungie decided to say "Fuck It" and invalidate some chapters of TFoR in order to make Halo: Reach.

Just take a look at Halsey for an example. Those people who have only played the games will recognize her from Halo: Reach. They'll just assume that Halsey got off Reach, and ONI is questioning her at the start of Halo 4. The fans who read all the books will know that she escaped Reach, got stuck in the Onyx shield world, and finally was arrested by ONI, but if you missed the two latest books, you're gonna be lost.

343i is so far doing a better job at the expanded universe thing than Bungie. 343i is directly overseeing and concurrently making games and the books.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Halo 4 might have replaced MW3 for my multiplayer fix...
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Jon-L:

Halo multiplayer is FAR better then CoD
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Jon-L:

Halo multiplayer is FAR better then CoD

Well, naturally I suck at multiplayer (battling to keep my .8 K/D ratio in MW3), but I keep coming back for it.  Halo multiplayer and I never really meshed well in the past, but this seems to be cut from a different cloth.  I do well, but not great.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Halo 4” Makes Entertainment History with More Than $220 Million in Global Sales in the First 24 Hours

Yup…it’s big. How big? The “Halo” saga eclipses the biggest movie launch in U.S. box office history; on track to reach over $300 million in global sales in the first week. Full details just went out in the press release:

In a year when Hollywood is rolling out its biggest blockbusters, one video game has eclipsed them all. “Halo 4” is on track to reach $300 million in global sales in the first week, making it the biggest “Halo” launch in history and the biggest entertainment launch of the year to date. In the first 24 hours of its release, “Halo 4” garnered more than $220 million worldwide, eclipsing the record for the biggest day-one opening in U.S. box office history, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2,” and the biggest movie of 2012, “The Avengers” – based on U.S. sales alone.

The launch of “Halo 4” propelled lifetime sales for the “Halo” franchise beyond $3.38 billion, cementing its status as one of the most popular entertainment franchises in the world. “Halo 4” also shattered the record for the largest number of players in the history of the “Halo” franchise, with over 4 million players in the first five days. Users spent a total of 31.4 million hours playing “Halo 4,” pushing the total number of gameplay hours across the “Halo” franchise well beyond the five billion mark.

“We’re thrilled that ‘Halo 4’ has emerged as the biggest U.S. entertainment launch of the year,” said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios. “Thanks to the millions of fans worldwide who helped make this another record-breaking launch for the ‘Halo’ franchise, ‘Halo 4’ is kicking off a strong holiday season and has become the must-have blockbuster experience of the year.”

“Consumer demand and excitement for ‘Halo 4’ is even greater than we anticipated,” said Tony Bartel, GameStop president. “Day-one sales of ‘Halo 4’ make it the biggest ‘Halo’ launch in GameStop history and the biggest game launch on any platform so far this year in our stores.”

As further testament to the unprecedented excitement surrounding the launch of “Halo 4,” Microsoft announced that online content for the live-action digital series, “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” has generated more than 46 million total views to date, including 39 million on Machinima.com’s YouTube channel alone.

Hailed by NBC News as “breathtaking, heart-breaking and awe-inspiring,”1 “Halo 4” has garnered universal acclaim as one of the top-rated video games of 2012,2 and sparked a worldwide celebration when it released on Nov. 6. More than 10,000 retail stores in more than 40 countries worldwide, including Seattle, Paris, London, Berlin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai and Sydney, opened their doors at midnight to commemorate the highly anticipated return of the Master Chief. In London, a massive 50-foot illuminated glyph symbolizing the new threat in “Halo 4” flew over the River Thames, marking one of the largest objects ever to be flown by helicopter as a lighting art performance. Additionally, for one day only, Microsoft transformed the European country of Liechtenstein into a replica of the “Halo” universe, signifying the first time a brand has taken over an entire country for an entertainment launch.

Developed by Microsoft studio 343 Industries exclusively for the Xbox 360, “Halo 4” is the next blockbuster installment of the iconic franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers. “Halo 4” continues the story of the series’ iconic hero the Master Chief as he returns to confront his destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe.

The game takes the series in a bold new direction by delivering its most epic and explorative campaign yet, alongside an emotionally resonant story and a groundbreaking multiplayer offering unlike anything before it – setting the stage for an epic new sci-fi saga.

The standard edition of “Halo 4” will be available for $59.99 (U.S. ERP 3), and the Limited Edition, which includes an extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” and additional bonus content, will be available for $99.99 (U.S. ERP). Fans can also pick up the Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” Console Bundle for $399.99 (U.S. ERP) and a standalone Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” Wireless Controller for $59.99 (U.S. ERP). In addition, players can purchase the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass for $24.99 USD (2,000 Microsoft Points), which provides access to three upcoming War Games map packs as they become available in December, February and April, and represents a savings of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the packs individually. 4

######

1 Source: NBC News: “Halo 4” makes the Halo series even more epic

2 As of Nov. 1, 2012. Source: Halo 4 Critic Reviews for Xbox 360 - Metacritic

3 Estimated retail price. Actual retail prices may vary.

4 Savings based on estimated retail prices. Actual retailer prices may vary. Content includes “Crimson, Majestic & Castle Map Packs” plus 2 in-game helmets and an emblem at a special value. If you own this Map Pass, access map packs thru the Halo 4 in-game store. Do not download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or you will be charged twice. Halo 4 game, 4GB storage, & Xbox LIVE Gold membership (each sold separately) required to use this content. (Map Pass included with Halo 4 Limited Edition.)

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » “Halo 4” Makes Entertainment History with More Than $220 Million in Global Sales in the First 24 Hours :
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lovelessk999] [#42]

Click To View Spoiler

Go to Waypoint.

Yes, you need the terminals.

No, you don't.

I have had friends unlock without "reclaimer Bravo" terminal.

I know this because I went back and did it and they did not.

As stated, there is a bug for some people.

Spartan Ops + code.

Terminals will unlock Wiseguy.
EDIT: easiest way is to do all the Chapter 1 ops missions in one day.  It seems to reset for some people.  My loadouts reset every other deployment so you have to deal with the bugs for now.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Click To View Spoiler

Go to Waypoint.

The novels are a main part of canon. It's been that way since The Fall of Reach was released before Halo: CE over 10 years ago. The story in the games works on their own without the books, but reading the books gives you a complete story. The problem is when you forget to read a book or two, and then a new game seemingly contradicts something. Or when Bungie decided to say "Fuck It" and invalidate some chapters of TFoR in order to make Halo: Reach.

Just take a look at Halsey for an example. Those people who have only played the games will recognize her from Halo: Reach. They'll just assume that Halsey got off Reach, and ONI is questioning her at the start of Halo 4. The fans who read all the books will know that she escaped Reach, got stuck in the Onyx shield world, and finally was arrested by ONI, but if you missed the two latest books, you're gonna be lost.

343i is so far doing a better job at the expanded universe thing than Bungie. 343i is directly overseeing and concurrently making games and the books.

I agree so far.  

Not sure I've seen a triple A console title put this much content into a current gen package.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#44]
The Thursday War was just horrid; nothing worth a damn happens before the last 50 pages. I understand it's about milking the franchise for all they can, but ffs a trilogy of books that can be condensed into 1 good book is just annoying as hell.
And people bitch about Atlas Shrugged needing an editor.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Joe_Blow:
The Thursday War was just horrid; nothing worth a damn happens before the last 50 pages. I understand it's about milking the franchise for all they can, but ffs a trilogy of books that can be condensed into 1 good book is just annoying as hell.
And people bitch about Atlas Shrugged needing an editor.

It's a videogame novel.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I sid the first op on legendary. Where do i get this code?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Also is anyone else having trou le with waypoint mobile. It is not showing anything for Halo 4

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I won't read anything written by Karen Traviss.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey 343,

Master Chief should not fucking rattle with every fucking movement.  Matter of fact, he should not fucking rattle AT ALL.

Love,

A HALO fan who wants to kick your sound design department in the balls.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TinLeg:
Hey 343,

Master Chief should not fucking rattle with every fucking movement.  Matter of fact, he should not fucking rattle AT ALL.

Love,

A HALO fan who wants to kick your sound design department in the balls.

Agreed
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top