Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/4/2012 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Mattl:
Originally Posted By AgentDavis:
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Oh wow that's different... I usually can't find anyone interested in single player/co-op.. I always play the single player first for a while on halo games.

Halo is all about the story. IMHO its got one of the best story lines

This. I don't play Halo multiplayer.

I'll be going straight to co-op campaign.

I haven't played co-op since Halo 2, but I remember that a fair bit of story was skipped during co-op play.  No idea if it's the same with recent games and/or Halo 4.
Link Posted: 11/4/2012 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Ajek:

Originally Posted By millfire517:

Just paid off my Limited edition Halo 4 Xbox today.

Too bad my current Xbox is working fine.  

Where's a RRoD when you need one.  
At 12:01 am on 11-06-12

Link Posted: 11/5/2012 2:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AgentDavis:
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
Oh wow that's different... I usually can't find anyone interested in single player/co-op.. I always play the single player first for a while on halo games.

Halo is all about the story. IMHO its got one of the best story lines

This. I don't play Halo multiplayer.

I'll be going straight to co-op campaign.

I haven't played co-op since Halo 2, but I remember that a fair bit of story was skipped during co-op play.  No idea if it's the same with recent games and/or Halo 4.

I honestly can't remember parts being skipped in 2, I don't think I've played that campaign since like a year after it came out.  

I do know that nothing was skipped in H3 or Reach Co op though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Roommate just put in Halo 4. I got a bowl of venison chilli it's Fo time!
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Today is the day.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 12:51:25 AM EDT
[#10]
My roommate is playing it, and it looks like Halo to me. My copy comes tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:09:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I get my copy in 2 hours.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:47:05 AM EDT
[#12]
GameStop was a madhouse..  

Add Crusader 2319 for multiplayer if you'd like
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 8:20:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadeye675] [#13]
got home from gamestops midnight release and been playing til now...6.5~ hours.  Multiplayer is WAY different than any other halo game....not sure if its for the better yet...Im gonna need some time to digest this.

SOOOO many new weapons.

Really was exciited for the return of the BR......after 3 games it got put away for the DMR
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Picking up my copy after work.  Can't freaking wait!  Add me for co-op campaign: MessrUppr
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#15]
UPS man should be here this afternoon with my copy! Will be a nice election distraction because I will be going crazy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Deadeye675:
got home from gamestops midnight release and been playing til now...6.5~ hours.  Multiplayer is WAY different than any other halo game....not sure if its for the better yet...Im gonna need some time to digest this.

SOOOO many new weapons.

Really was exciited for the return of the BR......after 3 games it got put away for the DMR

The DMR is amazing... Multiplayer is also definitely different and it's better so far
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
getting this today! woot!
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm on right now, Shoot me an invite if you want.   MILL FIRE 517
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#20]
What the fuck did they do to the warthog? It sounds like a ATV or dirtbike
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Beat the Campaign solo, good game.  A bit sad, but you can tell it is one of a series to come.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#22]

I personally like it, finally sounds like it has some balls.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Reaperatm:

I personally like it, finally sounds like it has some balls.

Hmm, maybe its because my subwoofer doesnt work, but it seriously sounds like a ATV/dirtbike to me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Still waiting on UPS man. Took today and tomorrow off. Its about time to start drinking. My gamertag is MAHABALI if anyone wants to play later.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Where is my blood gulch!

Anywa, went 27 and 9 on my first team slayer match
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#26]

I agree it sounds too high pitched for a vehicle that size.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#27]
All I know is you tend to die pretty fucking easy on just normal
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadeye675] [#28]

yeah....and  it seems that the full auto guns have more effective range than they should.

I'm having trouble in matchmaking with sniping. I cant seem to find a range where i can effectivly touch them and they cant touch me with normal ranged guns like the DMR and the BR and various other mid range weapons.

on all the previous Halo's the maps and the guns made it a true sniper experience. I feel like Im playing call of duty where you can kill almost anyone, anywhere, with any gun.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#29]

yeah....and  it seems that the full auto guns have more effective range than they should.

I'm having trouble in matchmaking with sniping. I cant seem to find a range where i can effectivly touch them and they cant touch me with normal ranged guns like the DMR and the BR and various other mid range weapons.

on all the previous Halo's the maps and the guns made it a true sniper experience. I feel like Im playing call of duty where you can kill almost anyone, anywhere, with any gun.

In Halo & Halo 2 (The real Halo's) if you were good enough thats what you could do.

And I destroyed in my one and only team slayer match with just my assault rifle and pistol
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody using Amazon Prime have their shipment delayed?
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By 501st:

Mine shows out for delivery.

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Beat the Campaign solo, good game.  A bit sad, but you can tell it is one of a series to come.

Lousy way to end it. I'm hoping it's just because I beat it on easy

Click To View Spoiler[

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 6:26:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#33]

I got mine this morning.

ETA: I see you're in Maryland, is shipping affected by fallout from the hurricane?
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#34]

complain!

I ordered from Microsoft store it shipped yesterday via ground and it was delivered 20 minutes ago
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 7:42:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 501st] [#35]

I got mine this morning.

ETA: I see you're in Maryland, is shipping affected by fallout from the hurricane?

No this isn't a Sandy aftereffect.

Apparently Amazon has outsourced shipping to a company called lasership.  It seems that this tends to occur to amazon prime members.  Which kinds of defeats the purpose (most pepole expect UPS/FEDEX/USPS).

Up till the afternoon today, it showed the delivery estimate to be Nov. 6.  But when I checked again later this afternoon, the date changed to the 8th.  Apparently the package was only handed off to lasership around 12:30pm today somewhere in PA. (Breinigsville ?)

Normally Amazon uses UPS or FEDEX, but this is the first time I've ordered a game through prime shipping (They used to offer release day delivery for 99 cents, but with my prime membership it was either the free standard shipping or the normal prime 2 day option)

complain!

I ordered from Microsoft store it shipped yesterday via ground and it was delivered 20 minutes ago

Yeah, I'll give them a call.

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I had Amazon ship through some oddball shipper once.  They screwed up delivery, so I complained to Amazon and requested they not use that shipper to ship to me any more, and haven't had a problem since.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#37]
This is the explanation amazon gave me:

We also had a delay in the delivery of inventory to our warehouses, having as a consequence the change of the delivery date and the changing of carriers to ensure delivery

So apparently Sandy did more than I thought.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 8:45:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadeye675] [#38]

In Halo & Halo 2 (The real Halo's) if you were good enough thats what you could do.

And I destroyed in my one and only team slayer match with just my assault rifle and pistol

not really on Halo 2. a sniper gave you a SERIOUS range advantage. and it has stayed that way with Halo 3 and Reach.

this game has people almost right on top of you with every map.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#39]
So did everyone get their special armor codes? My microsoft store order says i wont get mine until the 30th
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 1:35:30 AM EDT
[#40]

So did everyone get their special armor codes? My microsoft store order says i wont get mine until the 30th

Amazon emailed mine to me this morning.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#41]
If anyone has the LOCUS helmet code and doesn't want it, IM me! I have a couple codes i can trade or w/e works
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#42]
I liked the campaign, but the side dialogue isn't as good as the earlier games. No Grunts yelling 'Demon! Run away!' after you smash in the first ones skull. And not as many funny lines from the Spartans and Marines.

The Spartan Ops are fun, but bugged. I have to log out of Xbox live and back in because they keep telling me I don't have Xbox Gold Live.

And I love the new multiplayer. I really love calling in a gun drop or drawing fire with my hard shield up while my buddies flank the machine gunner. (the one time it actually went according to plan)

And I'm not saying there were alot of ass shots of Cortana in the cut scenes, but I almost memorized the blue circuit pattern from her ass. (you all were thinking it, I just said it)
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I liked the campaign, haven't ventured into the rest of the game but it definitely felt more like 1&2 than the rest of them.  Good game.  They're already talking about Halo 5 for next fall (likely) on the Xbox 720..... Without John-117.

Bullshit

Originally Posted By slick556:
And I'm not saying there were alot of ass shots of Cortana in the cut scenes, but I almost memorized the blue circuit pattern from her ass. (you all were thinking it, I just said it)

Quoted for truth.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Jon-L:
I liked the campaign, haven't ventured into the rest of the game but it definitely felt more like 1&2 than the rest of them.  Good game.  They're already talking about Halo 5 for next fall (likely) on the Xbox 720..... Without John-117.

Bullshit

Quoted for truth.

If that is some kind of spoiler I will have to stab you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:53:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jon-L] [#45]
Originally Posted By Jon-L:

Bullshit

Quoted for truth.

If that is some kind of spoiler I will have to stab you.

I'm HOPING it's just a rumor.  But if you Google "Halo 5" this is in the first 3 links that show up... But did you really think MC doesn't make it out ok?
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a feeling Spartan IVs will have a much bigger place in the next two games, especially your spartan IV should you choose to play war games/spartan ops.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Finally got my copy.  Unfortunately I only have 1/2 of the equation.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Beat it last night . So far so good. Spartin ops is fun.
Kinda pissed 343 broke cannon in the first cut scene though. Come on guys....
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Kodiak-AK:
Beat it last night . So far so good. Spartin ops is fun.
Kinda pissed 343 broke cannon in the first cut scene though. Come on guys....

What canon was broken?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Why the fuck do they look like VOLDEMORT?! That's not how they were described in Cryptum and Primordium! Bullshit! I waited 11 years for that?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top