Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 29 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Torch54:

Seasons....ok...I took my break before seasons were announced.  I struggle to understand the benefit or reason.

is it just to get that "starting from scratch" feel, or is there some other loot benefit etc?
View Quote

The only real thing you get from seasons that won't eventually be in normal play are the transmogrify options. Otherwise, any season specific items enter the normal loot pool once seasons are over.

Leveling is so simple now that pretty much everyone runs season mode.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Credge:

The only real thing you get from seasons that won't eventually be in normal play are the transmogrify options. Otherwise, any season specific items enter the normal loot pool once seasons are over.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Seasons....ok...I took my break before seasons were announced.  I struggle to understand the benefit or reason.

is it just to get that "starting from scratch" feel, or is there some other loot benefit etc?

That and the ability to play with the new legendary items before they make it into normal play.  The new Occulus Ring and wizard boots I found are sweet for a fire build wiz.  Of course, most of the neat gear we amass to make the perfect build will all be rendered moot with the next patch.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

I enjoy having to work my way up to being able to destroy everything again (even though it doesn't take too long)

I liked being able to try out the short mans finger for my wd, seems cool, but its not all that great sadly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Maish:

I enjoy having to work my way up to being able to destroy everything again (even though it doesn't take too long)
View Quote

Same.  It's made me branch out and try different characters.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]

I liked being able to try out the short mans finger for my wd, seems cool, but its not all that great sadly.
View All Quotes

Yeah, anything dealing with summons on a WD tends to not be as strong as summons from other classes.

It's kind of stupid. I'm not sure what they're thinking.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

That is disappointing.  Tall Man's Finger is a must have for the WD, I had high hopes for Short Man's.  The description sounded awesome, what is lacking in your opinion?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
That is disappointing.  Tall Man's Finger is a must have for the WD, I had high hopes for Short Man's.  The description sounded awesome, what is lacking in your opinion?

View All Quotes

I'm wondering the same.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

I disagree about tall man's finger. The summons are too weak to justify the loss of a rrog or a stone of Jordan.

If they were set bonuses on a summon build? That'd be way better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess Tall Man's is a personal preference depending on build type.  I run a pet build WD and paired Tall Man's with an Ancient Thing of the Deep to buff the survivability of my toon.  That way I can pump more points into intelligence, critical hit chance and critical hit damage.  If you have good protection gear already I can see where it would not be as useful.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Just a reminder:

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]
2B toughness?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jestertoo:
2B toughness?
View Quote

Looks like he's wearing the gold wrap belt, which adds armor for picked up gold.

With it + boon of the hoarder, I've gone from my 9.5 mil toughness to over 200 mil in rifts pretty easily and I'm not even doing torment yet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I highly recommend you WD guys find a mask of jeram and a starmetal kukri. I am running a fetish build that can solo T6 greater rift 40+. It's pretty sick.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SouthEndXGF:
I highly recommend you WD guys find a mask of jeram and a starmetal kukri. I am running a fetish build that can solo T6 greater rift 40+. It's pretty sick.
View Quote

I'm playing Wizard this season.  I need another piece of Tal Rasha, but all I"m finding is Blackthorns boots and the Viz whatever Chest piece.  I've found each 3 times.  Just need one more damn piece of Tal Rasha and I"ll be able to make it rain meteors.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I'm running a fetish build too but I'm using dagger of darts and a carnevil.  My seasons gear still needs work, but I'm getting crits from 26-55 mil from each of my 23 fetishes.  The only thing that sucks is I really need a group for trials, as I can only get low 30s keys when I run the trials solo.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Just did a GR28 with my hardcore barbarian.. That was close time wise.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#17]
You shouldn't have left last night Sleepybear.  After you logged off, Indubitably and I hit the Goblin hoard.  We probably killed a dozen or more different gobs, and got a goblin portal.  It was a heck of a good run!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Red04Cobra:
You shouldn't have left last night Sleepybear.  After you logged off, Indubitably and I hit the Goblin hoard.  We probably killed a dozen or more different gobs, and got a goblin portal.  It was a heck of a good run!
View Quote

If I had been there you would not have hit the gob mob.  If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all, lol.  Congrats on the windfall!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#19]

If I had been there you would not have hit the gob mob.  If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all, lol.  Congrats on the windfall!

View All Quotes

It was pretty sweet, it wasn't a straight up mob like we got a couple of weeks ago.  They were spaced pretty far apart honestly.  I think we hit a gob or two on every map we were in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#20]
For irony, I had just left a game doing some grifts with Indub and had a vault pop!  I can't say I raked in a ton of gold but 750-ish shards and a few 2h weapons which was nice.

I said at the beginning of the season that I would just level to 70 and then quit but I'm just not good at leaving things unfinished.    I have a crappy crusader that is running a condemn build and it's pretty fun!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I think Indub and I did about 30mil each.  I was wearing my broken crown and was disappointed with the gem drop rate for myself.  He pulled in 2 times what I did easily.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be on my seasonal wizard today for a little bit doing t1 and t2 runs. I'll be trying out a bunch of ideas while gearing up. I'm thinking on trying out the new energy twister bracer once I get it. I've always liked using that skill against frozen enemies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:08:20 AM EDT
[#23]

I'm running a fetish build too but I'm using dagger of darts and a carnevil.  My seasons gear still needs work, but I'm getting crits from 26-55 mil from each of my 23 fetishes.  The only thing that sucks is I really need a group for trials, as I can only get low 30s keys when I run the trials solo.
View All Quotes

I get that. I run with a pretty good group. It helps a ton.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maish] [#24]

View All Quotes

The people I play with aren't on steadily enough to run higher level content sadly.  I have to hope I join public games with competent players who aren't paragon 50...  Obviously if I'm just running t6 rifts it doesn't matter, but trying to make any reasonable progress on grifts is a pita.

Edit: If anyone wants, add Maish #1494
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't do public games.  I am always happy to assist clan members, however.  I figure the main purpose of the clan is benefit clan members who are hopefully mature like minded individuals who belong to the best gun board on the web.  I can honestly say I never had a bad experience gaming with Arfcom clan members, YET.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#26]
If anyone wants to level a HC character let me know. I'm soloing T6 stuff now, so I should be able to help out with lower stuff.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#27]
If anyone wants to level a HC character let me know. I'm soloing T6 stuff now, so I should be able to help out with lower stuff.
View Quote

I would absolutely be interested.  I can run T1 with my hardcore wizard, but it takes a while.

Don't know when I'll be on though.  Pup tore an ACL and I'm pretty busy with her right now.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#28]
JesterToo#1208
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't do public games.  I am always happy to assist clan members, however.  I figure the main purpose of the clan is benefit clan members who are hopefully mature like minded individuals who belong to the best gun board on the web.  I can honestly say I never had a bad experience gaming with Arfcom clan members, YET.  
View Quote

lol, I had two clan members cuss me out and rage quit when I accidentally closed the rift 65yds before it was clear.  I had ported back to spend shards and clicked on the rift dude instead of kadala.  I know I'm not the only one who chains rifts so much that you lose track.  

So keep grouping with me!  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#30]
JesterToo#1208
View Quote

Non-season, right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Thieded:

Non-season, right?
View All Quotes
JesterToo#1208

Non-season, right?

I have non-season regular, season regular and non-season HC. Got my season WD up to 70 and then went back to my HC.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#32]

I have non-season regular, season regular and non-season HC. Got my season WD up to 70 and then went back to my HC.
View All Quotes
JesterToo#1208

Non-season, right?

Damn, I'm playing seasonal HC.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Hit 1 billion toughness briefly tonight.  Thanks Goldwrap.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
We can always work on that!

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
JesterToo#1208

Non-season, right?

I have a non-season HC WD that would be fun to get somewhere but I don't want to derail your gaming.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#36]

I have a non-season HC WD that would be fun to get somewhere but I don't want to derail your gaming.  
View All Quotes
JesterToo#1208

Non-season, right?

Happy to help. Send me a friend request.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Doing a tal rasha meteor build this season and finally got my second piece of Tal Rasha.  Constant meteors is fun, especially with the new boots that add 100% meteor damage.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Nothing seems to do as much damage as the inna/sunwuku monk.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Raiment set + flying dragon + focus/restraint.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Until the next patch kills it

I am running a Tal Rasha 5 piece with Delsere's 3 piece + RROG  build in Season 3.  Pretty impressive combo for a Wizzer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#41]
So I thought I was doing some big damage but I honestly wasn't 100% sure of what I was actually seeing.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Sweet Jesus! I'm impressed when I hit for 30 mil.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By Ashraam:

View Quote

What sucks is, she dies so easily.  I've gotta continue working on that.  I think with a different belt and a better RROG I can hit for even more.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Ashraam:
View Quote

No kidding!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#45]
How many times did I resurrect your butt in that rift?

Awesome damage is nice but you need to up the toughness too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
30 ish i'd reckon

Last night after you left I started working on re-rolling some of my gear and I think my survivability is a touch better.  I need to run some grifts tonight and see how I do with that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#47]
30 ish i'd reckon  

Last night after you left I started working on re-rolling some of my gear and I think my survivability is a touch better.  I need to run some grifts tonight and see how I do with that.
View All Quotes

30 ish i'd reckon  

Shit, if that's the bar you set I could come along.

Oh wait, I'm not critting for a billion damage...
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

30 ish i'd reckon  

Oh I can guarantee I wasn't critting a bil last night until I started rerolling gear.  You can tag along any time though!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#49]
So I thought I was doing some big damage but I honestly wasn't 100% sure of what I was actually seeing.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GcYy3D5uaJA/VTqBgvaGTCI/AAAAAAAAOPU/t9pnZTU03Fc/s800/2.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HcZAeDJ4n18/VTqBgzpqvII/AAAAAAAAOPU/2NwvnR_0pGI/s800/3.jpg

View Quote

Power pylon.

Dash set does that with out a pp.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By dog-meat:
Power pylon.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dog-meat:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GcYy3D5uaJA/VTqBgvaGTCI/AAAAAAAAOPU/t9pnZTU03Fc/s800/2.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HcZAeDJ4n18/VTqBgzpqvII/AAAAAAAAOPU/2NwvnR_0pGI/s800/3.jpg

Power pylon.

No power pylon active.

Page / 32
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 29 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top