Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 31 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dog-meat:

it's probably PTR with a 2000% drop rate for testing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Truegrave:
So, i guess they're doing this in public games these days.

<a href="http://s177.photobucket.com/user/innocentdevil1/media/ARFCOM/Screen%20Shot%202015-08-20%20at%202.06.11%20AM_zpsds44e4w6.png.html" target="_blank">http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/innocentdevil1/ARFCOM/Screen%20Shot%202015-08-20%20at%202.06.11%20AM_zpsds44e4w6.png</a>

it's probably PTR with a 2000% drop rate for testing.

Glad I didn't get on the PTR then!

I'm so stoked for the changes.  I might have to come back to Diablo after a short detour in Heroes of the Storm.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for adding me to the clan.  

I just came back to Diablo III after having cleared the campaign once when it very first released.  I ditched it then because it seemed like the only way to really progress was to buy shit in the auction house or whatever, which didn't interest me at all.  The good thing to coming back now is that it's like a completely new game!  The bad thing is that I don't know what the hell to do!

Is the only way to reach level 70 with the expansion?  I haven't picked that up but probably will when it goes on sale (I know I just missed one).

I don't quite understand the "Seasons" thing but since a new one starts tomorrow, I will play around with it.  Or can you only do seasons with the expansion?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Seasons are a race/fresh start. If you've never done the end game content it's mostly unimportant. The big thing about the Season is the forced fresh start. It's refreshing in this game as it is trivially fast to get to max level now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Shalashaska:

Thanks for adding me to the clan.  

I just came back to Diablo III after having cleared the campaign once when it very first released.  I ditched it then because it seemed like the only way to really progress was to buy shit in the auction house or whatever, which didn't interest me at all.  The good thing to coming back now is that it's like a completely new game!  The bad thing is that I don't know what the hell to do!

Is the only way to reach level 70 with the expansion?  I haven't picked that up but probably will when it goes on sale (I know I just missed one).

I don't quite understand the "Seasons" thing but since a new one starts tomorrow, I will play around with it.  Or can you only do seasons with the expansion?
View Quote

For me it's most fun to level up doing bounties in the adventure mode instead of playing through the storyline over and over with each character.

Although, with the expansion and the new experience curves, you can level from 1 to pretty near 70 just by playing through the storyline once now, instead of having to bump the difficulty up and doing it again and again.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Only a few hours until the new season starts!

I'm getting pretty pumped even though I know I'm not very competitive.    My goal is to get to lvl 40 before bed tonight, we'll see how that goes.  It probably depends on who I can group with.

Hope to see some of you tonight!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Thieded:
Only a few hours until the new season starts!

I'm getting pretty pumped even though I know I'm not very competitive.    My goal is to get to lvl 40 before bed tonight, we'll see how that goes.  It probably depends on who I can group with.

Hope to see some of you tonight!
View Quote

What does does the season kick off?  I might jump on.  I'll be playing hardcore.  Again.  Because I'm an idiot and don't learn from past frustrations.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm digging this new cube, it has let me finish off some sets that I had some pieces of.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the Cube is the best thing that has happened to D3 since 2.0. Absolutely brilliant.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Credge:
I think the Cube is the best thing that has happened to D3 since 2.0. Absolutely brilliant.
View Quote

Yep.  It's pretty awesome.  Opens up so many possibilities for variations on tried and true gear sets, or alternatives to cookie cutter builds that you wanted, but realized wouldn't work for some reason or another.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Barely missed a GR57 last night
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Demordrah:
Yep.  It's pretty awesome.  Opens up so many possibilities for variations on tried and true gear sets, or alternatives to cookie cutter builds that you wanted, but realized wouldn't work for some reason or another.
View All Quotes

The party customization it allows is fantastic. Unity + the new lightning arc ring AND you can still have your RROG? Fuck me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#12]

The party customization it allows is fantastic. Unity + the new lightning arc ring AND you can still have your RROG? Fuck me.
View All Quotes

I'm really liking the idea of a Focus/Restraint set with an extracted RoRG power.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]

I'm really liking the idea of a Focus/Restraint set with an extracted RoRG power.
View Quote

hhnnggg
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

hhnnggg
View All Quotes

hhnnggg

I keep getting damn restraint rings, can't get a focus so far.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#15]
So I still need a couple more pieces of Tal Rashas to finish it out, but I'm running a Delrasha build this season.  Even with only the 4 piece Tals bonus, it's a damn fun build.

Should be really good once I finally get all the gear.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:

View All Quotes

hhnnggg

Couldn't you use cube to change it to a Focus ring?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Repents:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Repents:

hhnnggg

That recipe doesn't function for two item sets.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I think I hit my limit on D3 until the next season.

The Cube is a great idea but there's just not much replayability still. Builds still revolve entirely around sets and only the class specific sets. I'd love to play a thorns or life regen damage dealer but... nope.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Just started a crusader and made 10 before work today. Going to check out this cube thing on ps4 since kids cant watch me play. Computer is dowb where they are playing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Playing the new season as a demon hunter. I have Pox Faulds, and coupled with Vault, I can back flip into a cluster of enemies, bust a cloud of ass smoke, backflip out and watch them all die in my putrid fart cloud It's pretty fucking funny.

I also just scored a Boon of the Hoarder gem from Greed in The Vault. Very cool gem. Now I'm thinking of building a Treasure Hunter character with as high of Gold Find as I can get.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Cleared GR 57 with my witchdoc tonight. going to have to hunt some more gear to get any further I think.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:
Playing the new season as a demon hunter. I have Pox Faulds, and coupled with Vault, I can back flip into a cluster of enemies, bust a cloud of ass smoke, backflip out and watch them all die in my putrid fart cloud It's pretty fucking funny.
I also just scored a Boon of the Hoarder gem from Greed in The Vault. Very cool gem. Now I'm thinking of building a Treasure Hunter character with as high of Gold Find as I can get.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xviperx420:

I've seen something like 8000% GF when I equip Boon, Goldskin, Goldwrap, some bracers that do gold->xp.  Really fun, but seems laughable once you get over a billion gold.

Cleared GR 57 with my witchdoc tonight. going to have to hunt some more gear to get any further I think.

nice!  I got to GR56, the other day, trying to get legendary gems to 50 for the season journey conquest thing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I absolutely rape rifts with my WD with goldwrap and boon.  Tanky as hells.  I don't do so well in grifts but that is because the gear I need just won't drop.  (and I'm too lazy to level the right gem!)
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I absolutely rape rifts with my WD with goldwrap and boon.  Tanky as hells.  I don't do so well in grifts but that is because the gear I need just won't drop.  (and I'm too lazy to level the right gem!)
View Quote

I'm not up on the WD builds but are you doing the zombie bears?  When I started season4 (took some convincing from friends) a friend was using that and just never getting hit, it was wall o bears.

I had to use leveled up boon and goldwrap to get the speed close achieve on a T8 neph rift,  I'm just not that good at speed runs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:53:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dog-meat] [#25]
Here's my t8 speed farm build. Does t8 rifts in 2-3 minutes usually.

Notice no focus/restraint. The helltooth has grave injustice passive.

averice band + boon = shitloads of gold.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#26]
I tried zombie bears again but I just didn't like it.  Too much standing still for my playstyle.

I just picked up the new staff so I'm going to resettle my build into an acid cloud one.  But last night I finally got the angry chicken offhand so I was giggling and racing around farming rifts at stupid speed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#27]

http://i.imgur.com/VQRbz2U.png

View Quote

I STILL haven't seen the belt or grin reaper And all my hellfire amulets have sucked donkey dick.  I think I've put the last two weeks of shards into belts and still no luck.

I'm going to monkey around with my build tonight and put soul harvest in.  I haven't used that in awhile and I don't know why not.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#28]
cleared GR 62 this morning.

A couple more and I can get on the leaderboard.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#29]

I STILL haven't seen the belt or grin reaper And all my hellfire amulets have sucked donkey dick.  I think I've put the last two weeks of shards into belts and still no luck.

I'm going to monkey around with my build tonight and put soul harvest in.  I haven't used that in awhile and I don't know why not.
View All Quotes

http://i.imgur.com/VQRbz2U.png

that build works great for doing t8 alone, but it doesn't bring enough damage if you're going in a 4 person group.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:12:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#30]
62, nice!  Did the ban wave bump you up on the leaderboards a bit?

I've been stuck at GR57, 58 I can do in about 16 minutes, so perhaps if the fucking RNG gods stop giving me arcane and shielding mobs I might be able to do it.  I think some ancient weapons would be nice too.  I have plenty of those ramalamadingdong socket things waiting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone here have Ultimate Evil on PS4? I played D3 on my PC a few years back and leaped at the chance to get Ultimate Evil on PS4. It's honestly more than I could've hoped for.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#32]
62, nice!  Did the ban wave bump you up on the leaderboards a bit?

I've been stuck at GR57, 58 I can do in about 16 minutes, so perhaps if the fucking RNG gods stop giving me arcane and shielding mobs I might be able to do it.  I think some ancient weapons would be nice too.  I have plenty of those ramalamadingdong socket things waiting.
View Quote

not on board yet. I think place 1000 is around GR64 at 13 minutes, so I have to beat that.

Need to reroll a few things and get a couple of upgrades then troll for the right rift and I should be able to get there.

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Some serious quality of life changes coming with Patch 2.4.  It is up on the PTR right now - I hopped on last night and looked at the new zones, I'm going to try the "Set Dungeon" tonight.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Bump for Season 5.

Thinking of running a Barb again..
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Janus:
Bump for Season 5.

Thinking of running a Barb again..
View Quote

Played for a few minutes tonight with Indu,    new areas are nice.

I'll have to go over to diablofans and check out some of the new builds.  

It's about time they put the new patch out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#36]
interested to check out the new season stuff. haven't played diablo in a while..
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#37]
All the comparisons of The Division's loot and such to D3 got me in the mood to reinstall it. I only played D3 for a month right when it was released.

Wow.... it sure is different than what I remember (in a good way).
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 6:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatBag] [#38]
Speaking of Diablo, Blizzard just released a windows 10 compatibility patch for D2. You can also still play D1 online. Crazy those games are still supported after so long
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SonofHater36:
Does anyone here have Ultimate Evil on PS4? I played D3 on my PC a few years back and leaped at the chance to get Ultimate Evil on PS4. It's honestly more than I could've hoped for.
View Quote

I have it but havent played in a long time. Just got dark souls 3 yesterday so will be on that a while.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Just purchased the expansion after replaying the campaign... Hope the new stuff is worth it!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Just purchased the expansion after replaying the campaign... Hope the new stuff is worth it!
View Quote

First thing you need to do is go to Act 3, Ruins of Sescheron and pick up Kanai's Cube.  It's extremely useful.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By sd_norske:

First thing you need to do is go to Act 3, Ruins of Sescheron and pick up Kanai's Cube.  It's extremely useful.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:

Very helpful, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#43]
So I finished the expansion campaign and hit level 61. I asked General Chat what I should be doing now and a guy invites me to his party.

We go to a rift and he tells me to stay at the entrance. 10 seconds later, I hit level 62. A few seconds later I hit 63... Then 64... Then 65... All the way to 70 in a matter of minutes. Guess I've been playing wrong lol.

Now I start the grind for better gear!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#44]
FYI - Season 6 is now live. I've never done one but I guess it's the thing to do for unique equipment.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Have any of you guys been having issues since a recent patch?  I keep getting really nasty lag spikes to the point where I can't finish GRs anymore.  I just end up getting booted back to the main menu, or a combination error 3005 / 3007 that disconnects me from b.net and logs me out of D3 altogether.

Essentially, season 6 is becoming unplayable.  It's really annoying
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#46]
No problems on my end, although I haven't played much this past week. As soon as I finished the S6 challenges I stopped.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#47]
No errors here. Got my Barb all ancient pieces, except 3 and stopped playing. No motivation to keep playing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Havent played since a bit past the expac. Gonna try to fire it up again sometime this weekend.

Miss my crusader.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anybody use Caldesann's Despair in Kanai's Cube?  I've got nearly a full set of Ancient gear for my Monk and augmenting it with legendary gems appears to be the next step.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Does anybody use Caldesann's Despair in Kanai's Cube?  I've got nearly a full set of Ancient gear for my Monk and augmenting it with legendary gems appears to be the next step.
View Quote

You definitely want to do this.  You get +5 stat per level of legendary gem.  Augment a full set and your primary stat goes up by the thousands, which is quite a significant dmg increase.  It'll allow you to push higher into the GR tiers.
Page / 32
Diablo 3 Official Thread (Page 31 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top