Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 12:05:40 AM EDT
[#1]
if yall dont like the endings do this

http://shannon.users.sonic.net/masseffect/

its amazing
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#2]
i uninstalled it now if i could just uninstall it from my brain.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheNamelessOne:

did you do what i posted above? trust me it makes the ending great
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:10:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:
Originally Posted By TheNamelessOne:

did you do what i posted above? trust me it makes the ending great

I looked at it.  It was OK, but no matter how much I headcannon the thought is always there that in reality, we have no idea what is supposed to have happened.

I'm going to wait until I see what this new "clarification" DLC does before I say fuck it and forget I ever saw the ending.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been playing he multiplayer to forget about single Player... It's pretty decent and they are releasing a content pack for free in 3 days.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]

lol, that was good
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]

i love you ash....miranda....dammit!!1
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Ending was bad. Synthetics and organics can't get along. Never mind that you peacefully sided with the Geth and they are helping you.

Why didn't the VI on Illos warn you about the indoctrinated Prothean group?

Why are the badass Reapers, who destroy the galaxy time and time again, use fixed weapons that can not track and hit a single man/women who is boxed in a 80x10 foot area?

Why can a few normal weapons and a giant worm destroy a Reaper with such ease?

Why does the airlock door open internally, but you can't exit from the external door like in ME1?

Why is Kia Leng such a horrible character?

Why is there only one place to walk around?

Why don't we get a choice in the story missions order?

Why do the side missions generally involve you launching a probe at a planet and then talking to someone?

Why did they add a lame co-op mode that isn't fun?

By itself, the game was nice. As a ending to the Mass Effect series, it was lacking.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Resurgence pack is out.  Go get it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 501st:
Resurgence pack is out.  Go get it.

Not in the way Bioware intended. There was supposed to be a special Resurgence Pack in the store, but they had problems with it. They brought back Premium Spectres until they fix the Resurgence pack. Bioware says next week the RP will be online.

As of now, the only way to get the new DLC is to buy Spectre or Premium Spectre packs.

Also, the Resurgence DLC must be downloaded through the main menu before you can get the new stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I did the fan made ending and it is a little better but some of the stuff I don't agree with but its a tons better. I downloaded resurgence and for the life of me couldn't get aa group that could complete all 11 waves. new maps or old o.0
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 1:53:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I played it up to the tram on Mars. Does it get better? I really cannot forsee me finishing it before I bring it back to the Redbox tommorrow.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LA_357SIG:
I played it up to the tram on Mars. Does it get better? I really cannot forsee me finishing it before I bring it back to the Redbox tommorrow.

it gets alot better, the first part is pretty boring
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah just wait till you get to tuchanka. it has both one of the most bad ass scenes and one of the best misty eyed moments all in the same mission
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Did you play the first two games? If not, return it and get 1 and 2 first.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

I didn't play the first two. I returned it today. I'm not into it. It seems like even on the action/arcade version, it is still too RPG than shooter. I skipped through most of the dialogue cutscenes and missed war assets. Plus can't stand 3rd person shooters. Probably why I didn't like GoW. I'd rent again, but probably won't buy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]

I didn't play the first two. I returned it today. I'm not into it. It seems like even on the action/arcade version, it is still too RPG than shooter. I skipped through most of the dialogue cutscenes and missed war assets. Plus can't stand 3rd person shooters. Probably why I didn't like GoW. I'd rent again, but probably won't buy.

If you weren't a fan of the RPG elements, don't bother with the other two.  You won't like 'em.
Link Posted: 4/14/2012 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]

mass effect is an RPG, thats all bioware makes
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By marmelstien:
Yeah just wait till you get to tuchanka. it has both one of the most bad ass scenes and one of the best misty eyed moments all in the same mission

He really wont get it if he hasn't played the first 2 games though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#21]
thats true. I thought he had though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Buy the first game, not sure what you play on, but the first two games go for $5 every now and then on PC. If you did not play the first two games you won't understand the story in the 3rd game at all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Buy the first game, not sure what you play on, but the first two games go for $5 every now and then on PC. If you did not play the first two games you won't understand the story in the 3rd game at all.

No offense meant towards him, but I don't think ME is his sort of game.  If he's skipping dialogue, can't stand 3PS, and thinks 3 is too much of an RPG, he's going to hate the first two even more, especially ME1.

Link Posted: 4/15/2012 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GilenusX207:

No offense meant towards him, but I don't think ME is his sort of game.  If he's skipping dialogue, can't stand 3PS, and thinks 3 is too much of an RPG, he's going to hate the first two even more, especially ME1.

True. If you are just interested in non-stop pointless action, then Mass Effect probably isn't for you. Half the game is combat, half the game is the story.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By GilenusX207:

True. If you are just interested in non-stop pointless action, then Mass Effect probably isn't for you. Half the game is combat, half the game is the story.

It was a rental. So I was in the mindset of getting through the campaign in 9 out of the 24 hours I had it like I do most rentals. Constant cutscenes and trying to figure out what to do (like the first Citadel visit ) and horrible 3rd person gameplay (no offense but having to choose between sprinting and moving the camera to see where you are sprinting) isn't my kind of game. Too much story and not enough combat. I wasn't too thrilled with the action side enough to invest more time into the full RPG mode. If you guys want to play some non-stop pointless action , look me up on BF3.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 1:05:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steve2071] [#26]
"And just like that, the magic is gone."
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I read on a blog today, that for today only, 4/24 MASS EFFECT 3 is only $29.99 at amazon.

here's a link

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Xbox-360/dp/B004FYEZMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335281779&sr=8-1

TXL
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 3:34:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobRoberts] [#28]
wow the customer reviews have not been kind to say the least

"Imagine you have been in a wonderful relationship with a dream guy/girl.
He's everything you wanted and finally proposes. It's a dream come
true. You finally believe in true love. You make plans for the wedding.
The flowers, the dress, you can just see everything in your mind! It's
going to be wonderful.

Then on the big day he leaves you at the
altar, dumps you with a post it note with a nonsensical reason "because
cranberries". You plead for answers but none are given other than
"because I had to".

Sure it might have been the best guy ever but that doesn't justify anything.

This is Mass Effect."
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 2:44:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

wow the customer reviews have not been kind to say the least

"Imagine you have been in a wonderful relationship with a dream guy/girl. He's everything you wanted and finally proposes. It's a dream come true. You finally believe in true love. You make plans for the wedding. The flowers, the dress, you can just see everything in your mind! It's going to be wonderful.

Then on the big day he leaves you at the altar, dumps you with a post it note with a nonsensical reason "because cranberries". You plead for answers but none are given other than "because I had to".

Sure it might have been the best guy ever but that doesn't justify anything.

This is Mass Effect."

so fucking true.

it really ruined the whole series for me because mass effect was about you making the hard the choices and dealing with the consequences, everything else was pretty much generic scifi 101. that ending made the consequences never be the same

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#30]
After the first few million deaths I was responsible without for getting any renegade/paragon I got the feeling they this was gonna be the end for Shepard. No matter how you play the cards the decisions you make lead to insane amounts deaths/ destroying entire species. No good hero ending that way other than the martyr ending.

Link Posted: 4/25/2012 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Friendly_Crusader:
After the first few million deaths I was responsible without for getting any renegade/paragon I got the feeling they this was gonna be the end for Shepard. No matter how you play the cards the decisions you make lead to insane amounts deaths/ destroying entire species. No good hero ending that way other than the martyr ending.

You can survive in one of the destroy endings.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By duhflushtech:

yep, get an effective military of 5,000 and choose the destroy ending, you live
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought destroy was the renegade ending, the "evil" ending.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Kind of Ironic after saving the geth and having EDI as a crewmate that you wipe them out eventually.

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Harvey041:
Alternate endings revealed!

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Mattl:

Kind of Ironic after saving the geth and having EDI as a crewmate that you wipe them out eventually.

Actually i saw edi leave the ship on one of my destory endings and a quote from bioware on twitter says its possible to see her live but they wont say more.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Mattl:

Actually i saw edi leave the ship on one of my destory endings and a quote from bioware on twitter says its possible to see her live but they wont say more.

My first and only ending was destroy EDI walked off the ship.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Just finished the game over the weekend.

As a player of ME1,2, & 3....all I got to say for now is; WHAT THE FUCK?!!??!?!?!!?!??!!?
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#40]

This is deeply disturbing:

http://kaidansbutt.tumblr.com/

Link Posted: 5/21/2012 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Alien:

What the hell were you doing when you found that?
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 11:11:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#42]

What the hell were you doing when you found that?

A picture with the caption "dat mass" with Shepard wearing glasses like that rapper meme "dat ass."

Edit: this was the picture I was looking for, but the above pic was on that site.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#43]
So, has anybody heard any updates on the ending DLC?  I've heard nary a peep since several months ago.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#44]
So, has anybody heard any updates on the ending DLC?  I've heard nary a peep since several months ago.

+1
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 1:20:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#45]

I'm not even sure I give a crap anymore. Bioware pretty much sapped my desire to want to play Mass Effect. After ToR, ME3, and DA2, I'm pretty much deadset against giving them anymore money too. ToR I wasn't really as concerned about. I really liked KotOR 1 & 2, but it didn't bother me that ToR was so bland. ME3 and DA2 really pissed me off. Both featured characters that were written into the game and then removed and sold as DLC or only included in the digital deluxe versions (ME2 did this too with Zaeed). That's another thing that has really soured me on Bioware.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#46]

I'm not even sure I give a crap anymore. Bioware pretty much sapped my desire to want to play Mass Effect. After ToR, ME3, and DA2, I'm pretty much deadset against giving them anymore money too. ToR I wasn't really as concerned about. I really liked KotOR 1 & 2, but it didn't bother me that ToR was so bland. ME3 and DA2 really pissed me off. Both featured characters that were written into the game and then removed and sold as DLC or only included in the digital deluxe versions (ME2 did this too with Zaeed). That's another thing that has really soured me on Bioware.

I agree 100%.

I also blame EA.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Count me as another person who is more or less "done" with Mass Effect. If there is anything of any substance added I'll just watch the clips on youtube when they pop up rather than replaying the game.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 11:53:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#48]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

I agree 100%.

I also blame EA.

I'm sure they share some of the blame (with things like deadline demands), but I'm willing to bet that Bioware and its higher ups probably had almost 100% creative control. Unfortunately, assuming that's the case, this turned into a Star Wars type situation where they did whatever they wanted with little input from anybody else which resulted in a disaster.

What really makes me laugh are all of the pathetic fans on the forums with stupid ass signatures saying things like "Wake up Shepard" with a picture of Shepard's eyes looking indoctrinated. The obsession with trying to reason the shitty ending away with this whole indoctrination theory is hilarious. It's turned from a way to explain why the ending was so contrived and shitty into a small movement to try and get Bioware to actually implement it as canon rather than retconning the ending and fixing their fuck up.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 2:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harvey041] [#49]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

I agree 100%.

I also blame EA.

I'm sure they share some of the blame (with things like deadline demands), but I'm willing to bet that Bioware and its higher ups probably had almost 100% creative control. Unfortunately, assuming that's the case, this turned into a Star Wars type situation where they did whatever they wanted with little input from anybody else which resulted in a disaster.

What really makes me laugh are all of the pathetic fans on the forums with stupid ass signatures saying things like "Wake up Shepard" with a picture of Shepard's eyes looking indoctrinated. The obsession with trying to reason the shitty ending away with this whole indoctrination theory is hilarious. It's turned from a way to explain why the ending was so contrived and shitty into a small movement to try and get Bioware to actually implement it as canon rather than retconning the ending and fixing their fuck up.

My theory is that EA needed to show profits for Q1 of 2012 or they were gonna be fucked. Bioware on the other hand said that they needed to push back the release of ME3 4-6 more months to get everything with the ending sorted out. EA then told the Bioware execs that if ME3 doesn't launch Q1 they will be "fired" or whatever EA is in the position to do to hurt the execs financially. So rather than get butt fucked by EA, the execs at Bioware forced ME3 to release in Q1 when it wasn't 100% ready. That's my crazy theory. I think things like some terrible animations (Anderson's run animation and what not) and the ending which felt really rushed to me like something they had to come up with on short notice points to that. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if none of that was true and Bioware just completely failed.

I think the Indoctrination Theory is also ridiculous and just an attempt by some people to try and make sense out of a really shitty ending to a otherwise great series. I can only hope that EA will go bankrupt soon. They have too much bad influence in games now, those that play BF3 will notice this as EA seems to be trying there best to just make the Battlefield series into another Call of Duty with all the "pay" to be a premium player and pay for weapon shortcuts crap that's going on. EA just cares about making money and not about making good quality video games. I hope that the few gaming companies that remain separate from EA will realize that they don't need EA and they are better off staying independent.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 2:17:54 AM EDT
[#50]
The thing that makes me laugh is that the developement team at bioware said they stand by their story and that they don't believe they should change their "vision" based on whether or not people like it.

Business 101: If your product turns from gold to shit, you lose money.

These developement teams need to realize that once their idea turns into a product, it's up to the fans if you tank or succeed, so it's a good idea to stay true to the people who made you successful.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top