BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By numberofthebeast:
Originally Posted By jatobi:
PC restarted with about 5 tickets left in a game. I had above 50 kills and was actually going positive on a 1000 ticket server. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU––

Gotta love it when the computer decides to shut down during a game.

I think my RAM might be fucked up. Ran a memory diagnostic tool and it's saying there's a problem with my hardware. Hope that doesn't mean I have to replace anything...

If you ran a memory diagnostic test, it tests your memory, and if there's a problem with your hardware, that means there's a problem with one or more sticks of your ram.

Take one out and run the test, if it comes up with same error, put it back in, pull another.  Keep doing it until the error goes away.  If error doesn't go away, you need new ram, or your motherboard memory slots are screwed up.  

You need a good memory diagnostics tool, and a good motherboard tester to know if it's the ram or the slots.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By jatobi:
I think my RAM might be fucked up. Ran a memory diagnostic tool and it's saying there's a problem with my hardware. Hope that doesn't mean I have to replace anything...

If you ran a memory diagnostic test, it tests your memory, and if there's a problem with your hardware, that means there's a problem with one or more sticks of your ram.

Take one out and run the test, if it comes up with same error, put it back in, pull another.  Keep doing it until the error goes away.  If error doesn't go away, you need new ram, or your motherboard memory slots are screwed up.  

You need a good memory diagnostics tool, and a good motherboard tester to know if it's the ram or the slots.[/quote]

Well that blows. Guess I'll try that tomorrow after work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
We were having Jeep races on Wake Island yesterday. Wow that was good fun!

Kudos to Frisco, Mootang, Magoo, and Rubc.  That was soo much fun!
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
So i think its a bad stick of ram. Isolated each ram stick and ran the diagnostic. First one showed no problems. Second one in same slot as first showed the 'hardware problems detected' message. Guess for now im stuck playing with only 4gb ram. Ill have to see of they replace it for free or what.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
So i think its a bad stick of ram. Isolated each ram stick and ran the diagnostic. First one showed no problems. Second one in same slot as first showed the 'hardware problems detected' message. Guess for now im stuck playing with only 4gb ram. Ill have to see of they replace it for free or what.

who will replace it?

If its in warranty yes, if not they won't.  What kind of ram, DDR2/3 and what speed?  It's getting pretty cheap.  You can get 4gb sticks of ddr3 for roughly $40.

4GB is fine for now, wont run into problems.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys, we added a new channel to TS with a password on it.  We have it without a password, and it's been fine, but some random people have been coming in and being rather annoying.  Now, you may ask, why not just password or kick them?  We won't always have an admin online to do so, and we don't want to password protect the server.  We don't want to password it because it allows people to find our TS server and get to know us.

From now on, if you guys are playing and being in our TS server, join the BF3 channel.  The password is freedom, all lowercase.  This is to keep you from being annoyed by random people =P.

If you have any problems with any person in the TS Server or the game server, let us know so we can handle it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you, I had to bail out after those two dudes came in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone who is on the TS server frequently, let me know, and I will be more than happy to hand out mod privileges.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#9]

who will replace it?

If its in warranty yes, if not they won't.  What kind of ram, DDR2/3 and what speed?  It's getting pretty cheap.  You can get 4gb sticks of ddr3 for roughly $40.

Corsair Vengeance. DDR3, 1600mhz. Might just pick up another stick or two from Tiger Direct.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys, we added a new channel to TS with a password on it.  We have it without a password, and it's been fine, but some random people have been coming in and being rather annoying.  Now, you may ask, why not just password or kick them?  We won't always have an admin online to do so, and we don't want to password protect the server.  We don't want to password it because it allows people to find our TS server and get to know us.

From now on, if you guys are playing and being in our TS server, join the BF3 channel.  The password is freedom, all lowercase.  This is to keep you from being annoyed by random people =P.

If you have any problems with any person in the TS Server or the game server, let us know so we can handle it.

Hey, it's America, if I want to be an asshole, I can be!
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh god that verbal diarrhea from nati was getting to be unbearable.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:

Actually, yeah....he was driving me up a wall a little bit. Theres shit talking...but you have to be able to back it up somehow...not just incessant talking.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I kind of enjoyed asking him about naked camels
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Ground/Rubic and I were in a server and he comes on and wouldn't STFU, glad the option to move to the passworded section was there.  Nothing like being in a game with great team work and having some tard come in and start singing to us.
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone know how much additional bandwidth a headset with TS will slobber up?

I'm stuck on a 10gig a month plan via 3g (believe it or not, I can get down to about 100ms lag which makes the game playable).
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a bit difficult to tell you exactly how much bandwidth it uses.

It isn't much.

There's not much information on TS3 formulas, but this is from TS2.  You can go off that, it won't be hugely different.  Programs like TS and Ventrilo don't use a ton of bandwidth.

Note, I do believe that with TS, it will never utilize 100% of your bandwidth.  Unless I am mistaken.  It will change codecs based on your bandwidth to allow you to continue to operate.  You will notice the sound quality change if you are running low on bandwidth.....At least this is how TS has been in the past.  Again, there's not a lot of information about TS3 regarding this, that I can find.  This is all previous versions.

Bandwidth calculation for the server
We'll divide this into several examples which hopeful explain the calculation somewhat better. The first is a simple example we'll explain a little bit more in detail. For each example we use the following syntax:

DOWN: people_speaking_atm * selected_codec
UP: people_speaking_atm * (people_in_channel - 1) * selected_codec

The following would be a server with one channel set to Speex 25.9, 10 people in the only channel and one person is speaking:

DOWN: 1 * 25.9 Kbit/s = 25.9 Kbit/s
UP: 1 * (10 - 1) * 25.9 Kbit/s = 233.1 Kbit/s

As you see in this example, the DOWN bandwidth is usually not a problem but the UP bandwidth can be one - especially with home Internet access as they usually have asymmetric bandwidth where the DOWN bandwidth is much higher then the UP bandwidth.

Here's another example with one channel set to Speex 12.3, 10 people in the only channel and two persons are speaking:

DOWN: 1 * 12.3 Kbit/s = 12.3 Kbit/s
UP: 2 * (10 - 1) * 12.3 Kbit/s = 221.4 Kbit/s

The last example shows how the bandwidth requirement explodes when more then one people are speaking at the same time. In TeamSpeak 2 there is no setting to stop simultaneous speaking.

Client bandwidth calculation
Lets look at the bandwidth requirement for the client. We'll explain this by looking at the two examples above. UP and DOWN bandwidth are now contrary when looking at the client. We always assume that the client we are looking at is the one or one of the speaking person. If he is listening, there is only DOWN bandwidth required.

DOWN: 0 * 12.3 Kbit/s = 0 Kbit/s
UP: 1 * 12.3 Kbit/s = 12.3 Kbit/s

DOWN: 2 * 12.3 Kbit/s = 24.6 Kbit/s
UP: 1 * 12.3 Kbit/s = 12.3 Kbit/s

As you can see, it isn't a lot.  It's in Kbits, which 1gb would translate into 8388608 Kbits.

Assuming you're in a server, listening for 24 hours, that's roughly 10.81Mb, or 324.3Mbs a month.  If you are listening AND speaking for 24 hours a day, then it's roughly 16.22Mb a day, or 486.6 Mb a month.

That's assuming you're listening AND talking for 24 hours a day, for 30 days straight.

Each server runs a different codec.  Codecs, as you know, are the quality we hear, it can be good or bad depending on which codec we use.  The best codecs use more bandwidth than the not so good codecs.  But all in all, as you can see with the above statistics, it truly isn't a lot.  Sure, that's almost 500mb, or half a gig in a month....thats a lot...if you talk for 24 hours a day for 30 days lol.

I don't think you'll have an issue.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Hi, I'm DJ NeX and I like to blow 5H!T up!
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Official Countdown to when we see Ground Pounder's daughter starts NOW!

Pics or Ban.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By DJ_Nex:

Pics or Ban.  

so what's your former account name?

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:21:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Pics or Ban.  

I see the beer truck has been successfully raided... again
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 3:35:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Credge] [#21]
I really dig Wake Island in a non-conquest setup. In fact, I'm going to try all the maps in that mode. I really fucking like that.

ETA: I love the anti-air vehicles in this game.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Should have heard the whining with the Wake Rush map when it first came up.  I LIKE IT.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#23]

who will replace it?

Corsair Vengeance. DDR3, 1600mhz. Might just pick up another stick or two from Tiger Direct.

I didn't see anywhere what kind of cpu you have. I was blue screening right after I installed new RAM. I was on TS and talking to jatobi about it a little bit. I ended up putting my old RAM back in, but I went on the GSkill forums yesterday. Apparently, AMD processors and 1600 mhz RAM don't get along. They had a a couple ways of configuring it in BIOS to get it to work. I am planning on trying it this weekend. I guess it mostly happens when you get to 8 gigs and up.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:

I didn't see anywhere what kind of cpu you have. I was blue screening right after I installed new RAM. I was on TS and talking to jatobi about it a little bit. I ended up putting my old RAM back in, but I went on the GSkill forums yesterday. Apparently, AMD processors and 1600 mhz RAM don't get along. They had a a couple ways of configuring it in BIOS to get it to work. I am planning on trying it this weekend. I guess it mostly happens when you get to 8 gigs and up.

Yeah, I've got an AMD processor. AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz Quad Core Black Editon. I'm a little noobish at computers, my friend basically told me which pieces to buy to fit my budget and built a pc from scratch.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 1:49:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#25]

Yeah, I've got an AMD processor. AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz Quad Core Black Editon. I'm a little noobish at computers, my friend basically told me which pieces to buy to fit my budget and built a pc from scratch.

Yeah, I can build a computer just fine. Not so good at diagnosing stuff though. Check this out. It is a link to the G.SKILL thread I mentioned.

ETA: If I am home at all this weekend, I am going to give it a shot. However, I fully intend on playing in the snow all weekend.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Yeah, I can build a computer just fine. Not so good at diagnosing stuff though. Check this out. It is a link to the G.SKILL thread I mentioned.

ETA: If I am home at all this weekend, I am going to give it a shot. However, I fully intend on playing in the snow all weekend.

In his situation, the previous poster that is, he was running memory diagnostics tools.  It wouldn't matter what CPU combo you used, because the tool is testing purely your memory.  He had a single bad stick, which happens.

As far as AMD goes, I've never heard of them having issues like that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 5:15:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#27]
People on that forum were having memory fail to the tests too, once they made the BIOS changes, the memory was stable.

ETA: Don't ask me how, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#28]
What hours is this server usually populated?
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Generally after 7pm EST people are there.  It all depends on who and how many we have on at a given time.  Once we get 5~6 people together, it populates all night.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#30]
TS server is down. Anyone know what the deal is? Do we need a new one?
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Jsteensen runs the TS maybe he needs to restart it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Hopefully he will read the forums, or someone can get a hold of him.  Hasn't been around much.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#33]
i dont have the card i use for the server fees with me and i need to renew it. in dallas atm as my grandad had a quintuple bypass and im helping my grandma.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Is there a way for me to pay it?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 1:59:51 AM EDT
[#35]
This is my TS3 server we can use.

72.5.86.135:10060

Never goes down it's prepaid for 2 years if any of you want to use it for a temp TS feel free to do so.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Will you part that on the ta website, please. thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:55:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CoolHand26] [#37]

Will you part that on the ta website, please. thanks.

Don't know ulr for it but you can post it if you like.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Tagaming.net
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for posting the new TS server info.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Not been able to get in to it all night now.  Gives me the "insufficient permissions" crap.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#41]
We're at texasnfa.com no port needed for teamspeak right now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Frisco has setup a new server for us to use.  I have forwarded our domain to that server so you can connect to the new teamspeak using this instead of remembering an IP.

For the server address, instead of using texasnfa.com, use ts.tagaming.net.  It's just a subdomain on our website called ts.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the update jatobi!
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Good job guys, I guess I'll just hold off on renewing it then since yall found a solution. Save myself 30 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#45]
How come this server is ALWAYS empty?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I think a bunch of us have been out of town our on other servers. The best way to get something going is to join the teamspeak server. There's usually people in there whether gaming or not.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I usually won't be online playing unless others are.  Get on Teamspeak, if you're there, I will be there =P.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 5:53:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jatobi] [#48]
Just a quick update.

Teamspeak has been given a password.  We have had a few random fools join in and cause problems and decided the server needed a password.

Anyone looking to join the TS3 server, IP: ts.tagaming.net Password: freedom

We have also launched our SWTOR branch today.  And yes, you guessed it, it's named Team America.  We are on the server Wall of Light.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#49]
I've been busy for the last month with shit I don't want to deal with.  Will try to be on the server once in a while.

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been busy for the last month with shit I don't want to deal with.  Will try to be on the server once in a while.  

Right on, man. Hope to see you soon!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top