BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By DJ_Nex:

***12/24/11 UPDATE***

Visit the new Team America website at tagaming.net

Jatobi has been gracious enough to create a new Team America Website!  Its still under construction but should be fully functional after the holiday!

[TA] Is going to be represented in Star Wars: The Old Republic as well and we are looking for new members!

We will have upcoming news and events on this website as well as hacker/cheater reporting, unban appeals, and general all around good time!

Nice! Great looking site too!

Link Posted: 12/25/2011 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Obviously everyone missed me!

I will back hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I have my new 23" 1080p monitor to play on
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:

I will back hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I have my new 23" 1080p monitor to play on

We actually had a moment of silence for ya the other night.  It's not that you were missed, we ran out of targets.  

Nemo
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SeanR:

We actually had a moment of silence for ya the other night.  It's not that you were missed, we ran out of targets.    

Nemo

+10 points for Nemo!

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 2:41:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SniperKage] [#5]
Originally Posted By SeanR:

Nemo

And when he is around, we never miss him

ETA: Oh yeah, now that Christmas is done with and most of the plans for New Years are solid (this will involve frying a turkey, an excessive amount of beer, a large pile of explosives, and a 37mm grenade launcher), I'll actually have some time to play for a change.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome back to the world.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the week off, so I spent some time today on the server, which was empty.  

But, I took advantage of that to snag a few MVP and Ace Squad ribbons.  

On a somewhat serious note, I did also take advantage of the solitude to fly choppers a bit.  I got good enough to be able to hover over a flag station and cap it!  Those who have had the misfortune of being a crash test dummy passenger by accident on one of my flights knows that this is quite an improvement!  heh.  Now, if I can just learn to turn faster without barrelrolling into the nearest building, I might be of some use in a chopper.  But I doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ARinKCMO:
I have the week off, so I spent some time today on the server, which was empty.  

But, I took advantage of that to snag a few MVP and Ace Squad ribbons.  

On a somewhat serious note, I did also take advantage of the solitude to fly choppers a bit.  I got good enough to be able to hover over a flag station and cap it!  Those who have had the misfortune of being a crash test dummy passenger by accident on one of my flights knows that this is quite an improvement!  heh.  Now, if I can just learn to turn faster without barrelrolling into the nearest building, I might be of some use in a chopper.  But I doubt it.

The rudder is your friend. You get a hell of a lot more rate of turn out of yaw than roll. You can also stop a heli on a dime by leveling the nose and kicking full rudder until the nose comes around 180°.

I can fly the hell out of the choppers as long as no one is shooting at me
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SniperKage:

That is me in a nutshell... if a new BF3 expansion pack adds Newschopper 2 then I'd be able to fly that thing like a mother. Fly, dodge AND shoot? Not so much.

I was doing pretty good flying patterns with the Huey and letting the doors do the gunning but my skull seems to attract sniper bullets doing that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

That is me in a nutshell... if a new BF3 expansion pack adds Newschopper 2 then I'd be able to fly that thing like a mother. Fly, dodge AND shoot? Not so much.

I was doing pretty good flying patterns with the Huey and letting the doors do the gunning but my skull seems to attract sniper bullets doing that.

I need to make the time for some creative welding so I can put my joystick and throttle on the desk in such a way as to be able to use them. Once that's done I'll be able to do some really crazy shit... Ok, I do that now, but I'll actually survive it for a change.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Got the next few days off, if anyone wants to get something going, drop by the TS3 server and we'll mix it up in the server!
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#12]
DJ here is the crazy ass joystick I mentioned:  http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=221

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: numberofthebeast] [#13]
Bought a new 24" HDTV/monitor to play on. Used 4 best buy gift cards so I only had to spend about $20 out of pocket. First three games I played on it I went positive k/d!

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice! what kind did you end up getting?
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 10:36:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleC] [#15]
The Gadget Show makes a Battlefield 3 simulator and Any McNab test it! (SAS guy from the book Bravo Two Zero)

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#16]
It's a 1080p/60hz Dynex LCD HDTV. Looks nice with BF3 running everything on ultra. Now I can finally see the bad guy hiding in that pile of rubble across the map.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I think that sim would make me shit my pants!
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I think that sim would make me shit my pants!

They are British. So if the guys heart racing is the most extreme thing he experienced then a 10 year old could walk through the levels on insane like its nothing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Should we get a bet going for how many times Jatobi and I are going to get accused of hacking?

I'm predicting 4 times for the two of us combined.....haha.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Should we get a bet going for how many times Jatobi and I are going to get accused of hacking?

Accused?  Sheeet son, most of us know it.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Get YT to come back. Then the point will be mute.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#22]
No one knows where he is. I saw he posted in AZHTF but I haven't heard from him on Teamspeak in weeks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I should log on there once and a while huh? Been sucked into a beta for MS Flight. Neat stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Last night was great. The 32 man server seems to be the best way to go.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a good time playing against Jatobi. I just ignore the hack accusations now, or go with it and tell them it's 12.99 a day.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:02:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I think we'll be sticking with the 32 man server as it seems to be the most popular at the moment.  Be sure to get a mic and hop on teamspeak if you haven't already. It really does make working together as a team more fun!

TS3 Server Info: ARFCOM.teamspeak.cc:9204

Also feel free to stop by the Team America website @ TAGaming.net
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
I had a good time playing against Jatobi. I just ignore the hack accusations now, or go with it and tell them it's 12.99 a day.

Glad you guys are having fun :).

Getting called a hacker is common place now.  PC gaming has had a downfall in the past, oh idk, say 6 or 7 years?  It used to be if you were good, people were like wow, awesome, and liked playing against you so they could improve.  Now it's all "Hacks! /ragequit."  I'm by far not the best player, but I do consider myself to be good, and sometimes it's a compliment to get called a hacker :).  Sometimes it's not though.  Those guys that were in the server the other night really got on my nerves lol.

Anyways, just got my account activated here, thought I'd make a post =P.  We need to get more people active in the BF3 community.  Once we get roughly 5~ people in the server, it fills up constantly.  

Don't forget to sign up on our website, if you run into issues with it, let me know.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jatobi:

Getting called a hacker is common place now.  PC gaming has had a downfall in the past, oh idk, say 6 or 7 years?  It used to be if you were good, people were like wow, awesome, and liked playing against you so they could improve.  Now it's all "Hacks! /ragequit."  I'm by far not the best player, but I do consider myself to be good, and sometimes it's a compliment to get called a hacker :).  Sometimes it's not though.  Those guys that were in the server the other night really got on my nerves lol.

Anyways, just got my account activated here, thought I'd make a post =P.  We need to get more people active in the BF3 community.  Once we get roughly 5~ people in the server, it fills up constantly.  

Don't forget to sign up on our website, if you run into issues with it, let me know.

Good first post
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I've been away for a while... too addicted to Saints Row the Third. A few more days to finish SR and I'll be back on... I think...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
I've been away for a while... too addicted to Saints Row the Third. A few more days to finish SR and I'll be back on... I think...

Yay, we've been missin' you!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Hell, I thought you were a long timer around here.

Welcome buddy.

Nemo
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#32]
cant wait till i can play BF3 again, but im stuck with crappy wireless internet and a laptop that cant run the game, and i'll be stuck like this for a month
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#33]
The server has been getting busy the past week or so.  It's nice to have that.

Like seeing all the arfcommers, always good opponents to play against :D.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Good games last night!  We had some great competition.  Of course Team America emerged victorious! Largely in part to us being on teamspeak and working together against a skilled and organized opponent.  

Ps. Wonder if sniperkage.and Jsteenson are still alive...?
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Yup alive. Just need to buy the expansion pack for BF3.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#36]
What are you waiting for! Get on in here. We need your help!

We also need more mods for the TS3 server.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Good games last night!  We had some great competition.  Of course Team America emerged victorious! Largely in part to us being on teamspeak and working together against a skilled and organized opponent.  

Yup, was attempting to screw with your brain Friday night at Zombie Camp. OFFacist was there, so I got out the iPad, logged into the server, and commanded you to deliver me beer. However, you were AFK, so it failed utterly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Yup, was attempting to screw with your brain Friday night at Zombie Camp. OFFacist was there, so I got out the iPad, logged into the server, and commanded you to deliver me beer. However, you were AFK, so it failed utterly.

We just figured you got sucked into star wars but when winter came looking for you we got worried.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#39]

We just figured you got sucked into star wars but when winter came looking for you we got worried.

That, too, but it's also been a bit insane around here lately. Winter normally plays on a different TOR server, and I'm usually roped into helping some local guys on their server. But there's also this:

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Can't think of a better way to spend $$$$.

PS. Why are his eyes closed?

PS. Check out the TAgaming.net site we've been putting new content on the server for you viewing pleasure.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#41]
is Origin down?
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#42]

PS. Check out the TAgaming.net site we've been putting new content on the server for you viewing pleasure.

Especially when it's someone else's

That's me behind a friend's M82, and I don't think there's a person on the planet that doesn't blink when one of those goes off. Shooting from the ground isn't too bad since the bipod grabs the dirt and sucks up some of the recoil. Shooting off a polyethylene table, however, is brutal. The thing kicks like a small truck since the feet just slide on the table.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#43]
My pc kept fucking up last night. First BF3 would crash when.joining servers...then i got a few blue screen problems...then my bf3 volume would become muted suring gameplay on its own.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#44]

That's me behind a friend's M82, and I don't think there's a person on the planet that doesn't blink when one of those goes off. Shooting from the ground isn't too bad since the bipod grabs the dirt and sucks up some of the recoil. Shooting off a polyethylene table, however, is brutal. The thing kicks like a small truck since the feet just slide on the table.

Definitely. One trick is to sandbag the feet of the bipod, or just shoot off a fairly thick pack.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JSteensen:

Definitely. One trick is to sandbag the feet of the bipod, or just shoot off a fairly thick pack.

Yup, but we didn't have any bags and I was shooting my AR off my drybag and didn't want to tear it with a man portable artillery piece.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Understood. Seen someone knock the window out of a car with the blast from the muzzle break of those...it was....humorous.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#47]
PC restarted with about 5 tickets left in a game. I had above 50 kills and was actually going positive on a 1000 ticket server. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU––
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By numberofthebeast:
PC restarted with about 5 tickets left in a game. I had above 50 kills and was actually going positive on a 1000 ticket server. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU––

Gotta love it when the computer decides to shut down during a game.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JSteensen:
Understood. Seen someone knock the window out of a car with the blast from the muzzle break of those...it was....humorous.

My advice for anyone shooting an M82: CLOSE YOUR MOUTH! The pic shows the dust cloud, and that was off a table! It's a damned sandstorm if you shoot off the ground.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By numberofthebeast:

Gotta love it when the computer decides to shut down during a game.

I think my RAM might be fucked up. Ran a memory diagnostic tool and it's saying there's a problem with my hardware. Hope that doesn't mean I have to replace anything...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top