Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By DJ_Nex:
Originally Posted By SniperKage:
Gaming now!

I'll be on tonight when I get home from the in-laws place. Try not to pass out early tonight, lightweight!

yeah yeah yeah, let's see you down 8 IPA's in one sitting

I've been known to kill a magnum of homebrew barley wine, and my birthday party involved me killing a 6 of Moose Drool then wandering around the pool with a bottle of mead in one hand and a bottle of vodka in the other. I was beyond trashed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill just suck it up, I don't want to be an asshole about some trivial crap. Hell I like that kind of humor, it just seemed like he wasn't joking.  Not really a big deal the more I think about it. In fact I don't even know who said it.

On a side note, Ill be on when I get home from this boring christmas party.

Originally Posted By Andrewphillipf:
I had a blast last night.  
DJ, you have some splayning to do about that girl. How did you get her pics?  

Dinnertime, I think I know what you're referring to, if I'm right you should talk to him about it.

I'll be in Japan soon so I probably won't be on often at the same time as you guys but I'll try.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Who said that I was hacking?   While I was flying the SU-25 Frog foot or whatever its called someone said that they would be watching BXA Grim because somethings going on with him.

I cannot help it I love to fly planes and do very well doing so.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree.  I managed to pick up a 2K with a IRNV on it last night in the paris map.  Holy hell, They're Right!  I immediately switched to assault class to work on getting it unlocked!
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Fun times last night, except that raped feeling I had on the Rush maps.  Good Lord I sucked on those.

But had some fun in the AA
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SeanR:
Fun times last night, except that raped feeling I had on the Rush maps.  Good Lord I sucked on those.

But had some fun in the AA

Get yourself a mic and join us on the teamspeak 3 server some time.  Never a dull moment...
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Had a thought, after getting my butt kicked on Rush on the Peak map on HC.

Why don't you get more points on HC mode?  Game is actually harder, reward should be a bit more, right?  Doesn't have to be much, say a kill is 125pts, winning the round is 550, or 600pts.  flag cap 300, etc.  Just a small boost for the extra 'work'.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I just saw this but.. YES!
Finally a hardcore server?
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Got one, have not loaded TS on the new comp.  Thanks for the invite also and I will get TS going here real quick.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 1:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Some Good Killing in this Battlelog

I got 53000+ points on that one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Lets go

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I had the fortune to prove last night that yes, you can actually be killed by someone running you over with the EOD bot on hardcore.

All I need now is to get hit by a plane and I think I'll have died in every conceivable way one can die in the game.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I frequently get hit by planes.

Been killed by a MAV yet? If not, I can arrange it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]
A friendly MAV klonked into me once, but that was on the ARF server in normal mode and it did no real damage. Come to think of it that happened the first time I ever saw one in a game. I kind of stood there like "what the heck is that thing" and it was flying in an up and down "W" pattern and it just sort of knocked me out of it's way.

I should also mention that in the same game the EOD bot ran me down I was trying to cap a flag and a friendly tank smashed through the wall I was hiding behind. I don't know if it was the tank or the wall the got me but the driver earned a TK.

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 2:08:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DJ_Nex] [#16]
Originally Posted By TripleC:
Lets go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

2 words....FUCK YEAH!

NEWS

Server has been updated!

Note there have been a few changes:
- Minimum to start a round is 1 player, to allow practice and make it easier to get a game going
- In game chat box has been relocated to the upper right screen. Pressing 'H' will change the mode to either make it pop up automatically, disappear all together, or show all the time
- Pressing 'N' will change the size of your minimap in order to actually make it useful now!

So far I'm liking the update, have not had a chance to try any of the nerfed items yet.

See you on the battlefield -DJ
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Also I did not see this mentioned in the patch notes but they drastically reduced the co-op points needed for the 7 co-op unlocks. So if you were like me and "halfway there" you should now have them all unlocked and ready to go.

I'm going to try out some of the new toys tonight... they should make really nice trophies for the people who kill me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Lets go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

2 words....FUCK YEAH!

NEWS

Server has been updated!

Note there have been a few changes:
- Minimum to start a round is 1 player, to allow practice and make it easier to get a game going
- In game chat box has been relocated to the upper right screen. Pressing 'H' will change the mode to either make it pop up automatically, disappear all together, or show all the time
- Pressing 'N' will change the size of your minimap in order to actually make it useful now!

So far I'm liking the update, have not had a chance to try any of the nerfed items yet.

See you on the battlefield -DJ

N has always done that. Did it change the way it does it?
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Slavac:
I don't play with you fine gentlemen, however whoever said the F2000 is a rape stick...I owe you a beer.  Dear lord this gun is sexy.

Rape stick, rapefish, rape2k heh...  Great server guys.  seems I can actually get consecutive rounds in (some trouble actually getting in, but, seems a LOT better w patch)

See you cats in a bit.  Now, whered i put mah c4...
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Be glad you can even connect. Since patch, i cant even connect.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
Also I did not see this mentioned in the patch notes but they drastically reduced the co-op points needed for the 7 co-op unlocks. So if you were like me and "halfway there" you should now have them all unlocked and ready to go.

I'm going to try out some of the new toys tonight... they should make really nice trophies for the people who kill me.

I've only done a couple co-ops with DJ, but I have the MP7 now!  I hopped on, saw that they did indeed kill my beloved IRNV.  Quickly dumped that for the russian EOTech.  Then, ran with the MP7 all night.  Racked up some good assault levels with reviving people.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ARinKCMO:

I've only done a couple co-ops with DJ, but I have the MP7 now!  I hopped on, saw that they did indeed kill my beloved IRNV.  Quickly dumped that for the russian EOTech.  Then, ran with the MP7 all night.  Racked up some good assault levels with reviving people.

If you (or anyone else) want to run a co-op game some evening let me know. Thanks to the nerf I've unlocked everything but some of the co-op missions are fun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JSteensen:
Be glad you can even connect. Since patch, i cant even connect.

What's it doing now?
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Just as soon as it starts to load level, it closes and gives the "unknown disconnect" error message.
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Can you connect to procon?
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#27]
This is probably a stupid question but is there a way to set up BF3 to automatically put you into squads that have your platoon mates in them? Seems like every game I join this past week I launch "not in a squad" and I have to poke around the squad list to find names I recognize to team up with. It could just be me being a douche but I'm not really that fond of being in a squad with people I don't know... usually because they wind up jumping in jets or something and leaving me behind and I wind up trying to tool around with people I know who are in other squads anyway.

At the end of the day I'm pretty much a support player and I prefer to play medic or vehicle support rather than lone rangering the map.
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Just as soon as it starts to load level, it closes and gives the "unknown disconnect" error message.

Just try a couple times. Mine will fail 2-3 times before it works.
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#29]
This is probably a stupid question but is there a way to set up BF3 to automatically put you into squads that have your platoon mates in them? Seems like every game I join this past week I launch "not in a squad" and I have to poke around the squad list to find names I recognize to team up with. It could just be me being a douche but I'm not really that fond of being in a squad with people I don't know... usually because they wind up jumping in jets or something and leaving me behind and I wind up trying to tool around with people I know who are in other squads anyway.

At the end of the day I'm pretty much a support player and I prefer to play medic or vehicle support rather than lone rangering the map.

Definitely not a dumb question.  We usually squad up in teamspeak. Sometimes we kick out a few nonames to make room for friends.  Speak up and we'll get you going.
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By InfiniteGrim:

I rinse washed and repeated for about an hour last night. (~50x times.)
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#31]

I rinse washed and repeated for about an hour last night. (~50x times.)

Make sure EVERYTHING is set to run as an administrator. That includes all punkbuster .exe's, bf3.exe, and origin.exe
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Epic battles last night! Wow!

1. I shot down a russian jet with the SMAW! Saw he was flying low aimed approx. 150 meters ahead of him and hit it at a 90 degree angle.

2. Was fighting a 2 man cobra team for 20 mins getting pummled. I hid in a small building @ checkpoint they flew by and 1 rpg rocket to the cockpit later I got me a nice double kill!

3. Then I was engaging an LAV at forest from hilltop. layed mines all over the road. LAV drives up and aviods the mines. I start sending rpg's at it then a tank rolls up. Tank trips the mines and blows up, then I finish off the LAV with a rocket! Two vehicles down.

4. Getting harassed by the cobra team again at kharg...I set up an MAV and crash into their chopper head on causing it to explode!  Best laugh of the entire night!

5. On damavand peak, I preceded to shoot Keekleberrys out of the little bird chopper 5 or 6 times with a sniper rifle. Once he was on a collision course with me, I shot him out and entered the little bird before it crushed me and flew away!

6. I got a double kill in one shot of the sniper rifle on dinnertime and keekleberrys
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Epic battles last night! Wow!

Everytime I dont show up

I was writing a program for my class and fell asleep @ 8PM, so now I am quickly trying to complete it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#34]
5. On damavand peak, I preceded to shoot Keekleberrys out of the little bird chopper 5 or 6 times with a sniper rifle. Once he was on a collision course with me, I shot him out and entered the little bird before it crushed me and flew away!

I was too busy laughing to notice, but you did use the required line, right? You have to shoot them out of the cockpit, say, "get out of my chopper,b bitch", and fly off. It's in the rules.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 7:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InfiniteGrim] [#35]
SO why didn't we do this stuff before the patch?

Link Posted: 12/8/2011 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I could just see us doing something like a controlled detonation into a bolt face logo
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Items found at the local Goodwill store.

Link Posted: 12/9/2011 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#38]
^ HA!

Oh god I just had some hilarious fun covering a jeep with C4, double kill on a tank, then 3 guys at a point.  Of course I jumped off a small hill and suicided.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 4:14:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
^ HA!

Oh god I just had some hilarious fun covering a jeep with C4, double kill on a tank, then 3 guys at a point.  Of course I jumped off a small hill and suicided.

The real fun starts when you get bored with stabbing people in the face and decide to bait them with tasty looking mobile AA... that they didn't notice was marinated in C4.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 12/9/2011 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Feeling the need for more 6 man Javelin, 1 ammo and 1 Soflam.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Here's another thought:

Engineers have a Javelin and repair kit
Support has a mortar and grabs a tank
Assault jumps in the tanks 3rd seat to lase targets (requires the last tank unlock)

Tank provides support against snipers, assault revives engineers when they get sniped, support bails out of the tank to drop ammo frequently. A good chopper pilot could lase, too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 8:38:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ciph] [#43]

Agreed

<––––Kaf1r BTW
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#44]
The Javi crew was tearing it up last night!  Nothing like watching 5 rockets seek out a chopper and blow it out of the sky!  On kharg, we were lazing their choppers as soon as they were getting spun up on the carrier! Good stuff!
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#45]
... and I found yet another new way to die, have the falling tower on Caspian Border land on you.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#46]
... and I found yet another new way to die, have the falling tower on Caspian Border land on you.

What made that even more amusing, it caused a team kill.  I had to mute my mic due to me laughing so hard.  Was about 100 yards away heading there when it fell.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 5:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleC] [#47]
Tower now falls at Caspian Border map. its a scripted event which happens when a team has 20 tickets or less.

Link Posted: 12/10/2011 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw a cobra almost get crushed in mid air by the tower falling a few nights ago. Would have been awesome!
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Tower now falls at Caspian Border map. its a scripted event which happens when a team has 20 tickets or less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-2IDBC2KNE&hd=1

Well they had me foold. I unloaded on that thing with rockets trying to kill a guy and it fell. I swore I did it because I got a teamkill from it falling
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#50]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-2IDBC2KNE&hd=1

Well they had me foold. I unloaded on that thing with rockets trying to kill a guy and it fell. I swore I did it because I got a teamkill from it falling

Im not sure if it can be knocked down manually but it will fall at the 20 ticket mark.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top