Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread be dead no longer! Salo said something about posting challenges on MLG tonight though. Salo, I give you the floor
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Freyr:
This thread be dead no longer! Salo said something about posting challenges on MLG tonight though. Salo, I give you the floor

?
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
i played this "salo" kid the other night in a rush game, had the "ar15" clan tag...he left the game midway through
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 2:51:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SaloSV] [#4]
Hmmm, I was likely tired of regular Rush shenanigans and looking to play Squad Rush anyways.

Any rate, yes, there has been some side discussion during play of forming up for competition.

I've been doing some research and want to make things as easy as possible for everyone.  Give me another day or two and I will post on this again with more info and comments.

Standby for now.  In them meantime, play on!

A couple of quick notes:

1.  Team roster can include up to 24 players.  I don't think we have that many in the Xbox platoon that play regularly (at least, not on the ARFCOM leaderboard), so we should be good for some growth.
2.  The next ladder for gamebattles will begin immediately after March 31st @ 9pm EST.   So we have a little time to organize and practice, not much though.

For now, check out www.majorleaguegaming.com and get started reading.  Rules are long and there is a lot to learn.
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/xbox360/battlefield-3/
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SaloSV:
Hmmm, I was likely tired of regular Rush shenanigans and looking to play Squad Rush anyways.

Any rate, yes, there has been some side discussion during play of forming up for competition.

I've been doing some research and want to make things as easy as possible for everyone.  Give me another day or two and I will post on this again with more info and comments.

Standby for now.  In them meantime, play on!

A couple of quick notes:

1.  Team roster can include up to 24 players.  I don't think we have that many in the Xbox platoon that play regularly (at least, not on the ARFCOM leaderboard), so we should be good for some growth.
2.  The next ladder for gamebattles will begin immediately after March 31st @ 9pm EST.   So we have a little time to organize and practice, not much though.

For now, check out www.majorleaguegaming.com and get started reading.  Rules are long and there is a lot to learn.
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/xbox360/battlefield-3/

Count me in the roster!

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I went ahead and created a new thread for competitive play concerns.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1292710_.html

Go here if you are interested.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
And here I thought all the Arfcom regulars weren't playing anymore. We had a group on BC2, but a lot of those guys barely touch any game these days. I'm up for joining whatever you guys have planned, just know that most days I'm on late in the evening. BradC34 on X360.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:07:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I sent a request, waiting to be accepted as s1r topham h4tt
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Spec-4:

to what platoon/platform???
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bullofspadez:

ARFCOM 2 for xbox
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#11]

ARFCOM 2 for xbox

Try this one!  The other ones were kinda defunct and should be disbanded...been trying to recruit the active players from the old platoon for a while now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 5:48:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slowmethinks] [#12]
request sent to #2 platoon...  LOL.  Who plays during morning/day hours?
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By slowmethinks:
I had to sign up on the #2 platoon...  LOL.  Who plays during morning/day hours?

I am on occasionally during the morning/ day

Link Posted: 2/28/2012 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
my gamer tag is sl0wmethinks with a "zero" for anyone that wants to add.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I am sometimes on during the morning.  Gamertag SaloSV.

Best thing to do to friend us up is go to the platoon page on Battlelog, click on a member, and send the friend request from our profiles.  Easier than doing it via the Xbox interface.  That's the way I did it, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 2:06:22 AM EDT
[#16]

ARFCOM 2 for xbox

Try this one!  The other ones were kinda defunct and should be disbanded...been trying to recruit the active players from the old platoon for a while now.

Application sent!
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#17]
While gaming, some have been asking about my needy dog, Sledge.

Here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.495612911967.272227.684031967&type=3&l=d9f255bd86

And here:
http://www.tommygunphotos.com/Clients/Sledge-Hammer-Pyron/Sledge-Hammer-Pyron/16362121_9n4F6G

He's a good bit bigger now, but you get the picture.  Since he's been sleeping while gaming a lot lately, I figured y'all might appreciate this.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.495612911967.272227.684031967&type=3&l=d9f255bd86

And here:
http://www.tommygunphotos.com/Clients/Sledge-Hammer-Pyron/Sledge-Hammer-Pyron/16362121_9n4F6G

He's a good bit bigger now, but you get the picture.  Since he's been sleeping while gaming a lot lately, I figured y'all might appreciate this.

Nice dag you got there
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Here:

And here:

Link Posted: 3/6/2012 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish i could play more. A goofy midnight work schedule, wife, and 1 year old take precedent though. I should be able to get on tonight, probably after 10. I don't use a mic much though.

i also typically only play Conquest but will play Rush

GT is awils18
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Request sent to the arfcom2 group linked above.  Fair warning though, I just started playing it today and I SUCK.

Link Posted: 3/8/2012 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Request sent. Im going to try to be more active. Havent fucked people up in a while.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I haven't played in awhile but anyone looking for a good sniper for their platoon?  If so add me ACE B CATACLYSM...and put AR15 for a message so that I know...it will take me a few games to get back in the groove of things
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By xfly1458:
I haven't played in awhile but anyone looking for a good sniper for their platoon?  If so add me ACE B CATACLYSM...and put AR15 for a message so that I know...it will take me a few games to get back in the groove of things

Jump in and send me a FR, at least a few of us usually play everynight, especally on weekends.

GT:  PaPaKAPture
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:53:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#25]
Think I played a bit with some of you tonight, early.   Hopefully I'll get to join up with you fellas again.

I don't normally run a the AR15 clan tag any more,   During the COD4 days, we were kind of unstoppable, and everyone would drop out when they saw a whole team of arfcommers.   Haven't run it since.  We started running individual tags to confuse folks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By guns762:
Think I played a bit with some of you tonight, early.   Hopefully I'll get to join up with you fellas again.

I don't normally run a the AR15 clan tag any more,   During the COD4 days, we were kind of unstoppable, and everyone would drop out when they saw a whole team of arfcommers.   Haven't run it since.  We started running individual tags to confuse folks.

I was in part of your game. Pretty decent sniper, I'll give you that. Forgot to send you a friend request though. LokiThe12B
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, that first match was golden.

Squadded up with Loki, and a couple of others who I can't remember right now (), and joined a Rush match.

I got spawned on the opposing side, and wound up in a squad with Guns. Thought I'd accidentally joined the wrong game, so I bailed, and joined in progress on Loki again.

Same thing happened.

Hilarity ensued.

Got Chevy's 'tags tonight.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By Sandit:

Squadded up with Loki, and a couple of others who I can't remember right now (), and joined a Rush match.

I got spawned on the opposing side, and wound up in a squad with Guns. Thought I'd accidentally joined the wrong game, so I bailed, and joined in progress on Loki again.

Same thing happened.

Hilarity ensued.

Didn't get mine

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By CBags04:

Same thing happened.

Hilarity ensued.

Didn't get mine  

Rooftop camping %$^#$%@@#!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By CBags04:

Same thing happened.

Hilarity ensued.

Didn't get mine  

Rooftop camping %$^#$%@@#!!!!!

Sound's like someone was playing the Oman map with the skyscraper's and building's.

Fuck I hate that .338 rifle people use
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#32]
please ADD ME!!!! Looking to play with people who are good and have mics! V8killerB18
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Was playing in the CQ server last night.  Shot down someone in an F-35 with an RPG from a good distance on Wake Island.

I think the enemy had three helos up and possibly one or both of our jets as well.  Launching RPG's at low flying UH-1Y and AH-1Z and F-35's kinda made the ass whooping a little more enjoyable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Finally started playing BF3 again this past week. Joined the platoon an eternity ago, but never really followed up (apologies to the arfcommer who added me on XBL and with whom I never played a single game of BF3 ). Is there a way to interact with the platoon from within BF3's interface, or is this just a convenient system for like... putting everyone's stats together, and figuring out who to add on xbl?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Was scrolling through the servers and found the arfcom one. Favorited it and decided to post on here that I requested to join the platoon too. Hope to catch a few of ya'll on there. I'm usually in a party with my buddy or buddies while we play bf3.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 6:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slabertooch] [#36]
I applied too haven't heard anything.

gamertag is slabertooch.

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Try this one!  The other ones were kinda defunct and should be disbanded...

Been trying to get on a couple times a week to add new platoon members.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the accept! My names BlkJackFletcher
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Woo hoo I found an Arfcom server today.
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#40]
My xbox live sn is curly665, I play BF3 pretty often and always looking to play with a team or fellow ARFCOMMERs...add me if you like or send me an invite
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm online occasionally. My gamertag is KNUCKLESDEEP102. I applied to join the ARFCOM2 group on there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By lawle102:
I'm online occasionally. My gamertag is KNUCKLESDEEP102. I applied to join the ARFCOM2 group on there.

yea im pretty sure you were on wake island about an hour ago....need to work on your friend and foe identification
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Clockwork138] [#43]
OK. Who here is [ARF]gun builder and WhoIsJohnGalt? I was in a game with those two earlier. Had to be ARFCOMers.

Also, is anyone else having issues with the double XP this weekend? Some servers I get additional points, some I don't.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Clockwork138:
OK. Who here is [ARF]gun builder and WhoIsJohnGalt? I was in a game with those two earlier. Had to be ARFCOMers.

Also, is anyone else having issues with the double XP this weekend? Some servers I get additional points, some I don't.

gun builder is mountainsurvivor on here. Not sure about WhoIsJohnGalt
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Got booted and then banned from the server when I killed someone that jumped out of their attack heli into their spawn.  Then next map I get shot down over their spawn, bail out of the Flanker and launch an RPG at the AH-1Z when someone jumped in before I died from out of bounds....there was a max of maybe 5 players in the room at the time....
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By goosebob:
Got booted and then banned from the server when I killed someone that jumped out of their attack heli into their spawn.  Then next map I get shot down over their spawn, bail out of the Flanker and launch an RPG at the AH-1Z when someone jumped in before I died from out of bounds....there was a max of maybe 5 players in the room at the time....

Not sure I quite understand your post, but the red part makes me believe you were in their spawn, is that correct? If so, all of our servers clearly state no Spawncamping/killing, I.E. hovering a heli over enemies spawn point, or doing continuous strafing runs on the enemy landing strip.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 11:47:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BakerMike] [#47]
Not sure I quite understand your post, but the red part makes me believe you were in their spawn, is that correct? If so, all of our servers clearly state no Spawncamping/killing, I.E. hovering a heli over enemies spawn point, or doing continuous strafing runs on the enemy landing strip.

It sounded to me like in both cases he was in the spawn only incidentally. In the first, he wasted a guy who'd bailed out of his helicopter while over his own spawn (whatever, that guy hadn't just spawned, he was fair game. You can't run and touch a tree and call 'base!' in Battlefield.) and in the second instance, he just happened to be over the enemy spawn when he got shot down and, while descending, wasted an enemy helo that was about to take off.

ETA: Furthermore, all those base-rape rules are for crybabies. You only get 200 points for finishing a game, and a whole new server is less than 30 seconds away at any moment. Start -> quit -> multiplayer -> quick match -> find a server.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#48]

It was on Caspian and we were right outside of the RU spawn when he bailed out.  Battle started at Gas Station check point and ended over the edge of the spawn (close to the AA gun actually).  He bailed, and I gave chase.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 12:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goosebob] [#49]
Originally Posted By BakerMike:

It sounded to me like in both cases he was in the spawn only incidentally. In the first, he wasted a guy who'd bailed out of his helicopter while over his own spawn (whatever, that guy hadn't just spawned, he was fair game. You can't run and touch a tree and call 'base!' in Battlefield.) and in the second instance, he just happened to be over the enemy spawn when he got shot down and, while descending, wasted an enemy helo that was about to take off.

Spot on.

The thing that really made me upset was that there wasn't anyone in the server.  Six people max.  When you don't have any targets and already control all the objectives, I tend to want to hunt something to shoot.

I'm not the type of player to ignore objectives and head straight to the enemy spawn.  Which I would have no problem being kicked/banned for.  

Also, doesn't the server rule indicate three kicks before a ban?
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BakerMike:

Spot on.

The thing that really made me upset was that there wasn't anyone in the server.  Six people max.  When you don't have any targets and already control all the objectives, I tend to want to hunt something to shoot.

I'm not the type of player to ignore objectives and head straight to the enemy spawn.  Which I would have no problem being kicked/banned for.  

Also, doesn't the server rule indicate three kicks before a ban?

Sorry I didn't understand your post then. I'm not sure about the 3 kick/ban rule, some admins may follow it. What is your gamertag, I'll see if I can't pull you from the ban list.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top