Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 7/21/2011 9:25:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: skygod]
Get 'em while they're hot. Pre-orders are in limited quantity and also gives you early game access.
Enjoy.
http://www.swtor.com/preorder
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 11:45:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 103] [#1]
I preordered on Best Buy and can't figure out how to get my pre-order code.  Any ideas?

ETA: I cancelled my Best Buy order.  Apparently Best Buy did not know that there was going to be a code for early gaming.  They won't have any available for two days according to a service rep.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 12:50:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye67] [#2]
Got mine in.

I'm a sucker for Collector's Editions.

ETA:  I ordered through Amazon and just got my code and got it registered.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By 103:

I preordered on Best Buy and can't figure out how to get my pre-order code.  Any ideas?

ETA: I cancelled my Best Buy order.  Apparently Best Buy did not know that there was going to be a code for early gaming.  They won't have any available for two days according to a service rep.

If you preorder with origin or Amazon, they will email you a code.  Its basically your product key.  Take that key and register it on the swtor.com site to lock it in.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
60 bucks PLUS a subscription fee... this shit better be good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm torn between the digital deluxe and the collector's edition.  CE supposedly gets a 7 day head start.  That and the authenticator and the CE only vendor are the only things that interest me.  I suppose that I'll just save the $$ and put it towards a gun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Waiting patiently for the Mac version.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Bastards should have made it for the 360.

The hope for the awesomeness of the 3'd KOTOR on the 360 was one of the turning points in my battle of PS3 vs 360.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 2:06:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:

The hope for the awesomeness of the 3'd KOTOR on the 360 was one of the turning points in my battle of PS3 vs 360.

This isn't KOTOR3. This is a different game entirely, so I guess you could say I just gave you......A New Hope
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 2:18:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cuda:

This isn't KOTOR3. This is a different game entirely, so I guess you could say I just gave you......A New Hope

That made me smile right there.

What do you mean thhis isn't KOTOR 3 though? Don't we find out the deal with Revan & all here?
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#11]

What do you mean thhis isn't KOTOR 3 though? Don't we find out the deal with Revan & all here?

this is a MMO. and the timeline is a considerable amount of time after KOTOR 2.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Deadeye675:

This.

It's something like 300 years after Revan however some classes may encounter something having to do with Revan in their storyline.

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:

Swtor is pc only.

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in for a sith inquisitor.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By skygod:

This.

It's something like 300 years after Revan however some classes may encounter something having to do with Revan in their storyline.

It is 303 years after the Jedi Civil War (KOTOR: http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline), however this is "KOTOR 3."
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]
So... arfcom guild?  

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:35:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mopseydocks6014:

Swtor is pc only.

For now.  I have a Mac but run XP with bootcamp, so I don't care.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:36:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

This.

It is 303 years after the Jedi Civil War (KOTOR: http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline), however this is "KOTOR 3."

I don't think I'd agree that this is KOTOR 3.  Unless you want to call the Truce at Bakura "Episode 7" simply because it's the next thing in order.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#19]

This.

I don't think I'd agree that this is KOTOR 3.  Unless you want to call the Truce at Bakura "Episode 7" simply because it's the next thing in order.

ditto
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#20]

The problem with your analogy is that the original Star Wars story ended with Episode VI, while The Old Republic continues the story left unfinished in KOTOR.

A better comparison is World of Warcraft:  WoW continues the story from Warcraft 3 the same way TOR continues the story from KOTOR.  

Someday a game may be made that is called "KOTOR 3" however it will either not be related to the KOTOR storyline (and thus, ironically, the "Truce at Bakura" analogy will apply to it), or take place after TOR the same way a "Warcraft 4" will have to be after the events of WoW.  ETA: unless the new game is a prequel.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#21]

The problem with your analogy is that the original Star Wars story ended with Episode VI, while The Old Republic continues the story left unfinished in KOTOR.

A better comparison is World of Warcraft:  WoW continues the story from Warcraft 3 the same way TOR continues the story from KOTOR.  

Someday a game may be made that is called "KOTOR 3" however it will either not be related to the KOTOR storyline (and thus, ironically, the "Truce at Bakura" analogy will apply to it), or take place after TOR the same way a "Warcraft 4" will have to be after the events of WoW.  ETA: unless the new game is a prequel.
I am almost positive that they said that this WAS NOT KOTOR 3 during celebration V.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#22]
Had held back, but decided to pre-order.  Hope I didn't make a big mistake.

Probably going Sith Warrior.    Was a "sith" Jedi when I played SWG.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#23]

I am almost positive that they said that this WAS NOT KOTOR 3 during celebration V.

http://www.mmoreviews.com/star-wars-tor-is-kotor-3567-and-8/
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Damn that's disappointing, I'm not much for MMO's so I'd held out hope for a KOTOR3.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Got my pre-order out of the way a couple days ago.

I really cant stand MMO games, but I love Star Wars, and this is supposed to have an amazing story that you can just do by yourself
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 4:05:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#26]
Originally Posted By DJinGA:

Sith Inquisitor-Assassin: you wield a saber staff, have cloaking abilities, & your ride is the Imperial Fury class starship.

The equivalent Jedi Consulor good-guy option class' Corellian Corvet doesn't seem like a match for the Inquisitors' Fury, & the Inquisitor class also seems like it'll have more "fun" attributes.  I mean c'mon: force 'healing' (Jedi) v. force lightning (Sith)?
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#27]
yeah looks like you can complete the story line by yourself, but to do some of special questions you'll need friends.  I'm stoked.  

I should have a co-worker and his uncle playing this.  Are you guys thinking of going PVP server or PVE?  We were probably going PVP.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Im still unsure at this point. I really don't like the cartoonish feel of the game. Didn't they learn something the last time they made an MMO. That majority of their members were older than 12.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TPK0999:
Im still unsure at this point. I really don't like the cartoonish feel of the game. Didn't they learn something the last time they made an MMO. That majority of their members were older than 12.

It doesn't seem cartoonish to me; certainly less so than World of Warcraft.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Originally Posted By DJinGA:

Sith Inquisitor-Assassin: you wield a saber staff, have cloaking abilities, & your ride is the Imperial Fury class starship.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/starships/fury/media/CA_Sith_Ship03_800x450.jpg

The equivalent Jedi Consulor good-guy option class' Corellian Corvet doesn't seem like a match for the Inquisitors' Fury, & the Inquisitor class also seems like it'll have more "fun" attributes.  I mean c'mon: force 'healing' (Jedi) v. force lightning (Sith)?

Hell yeah!  Not sure if I'm going sorcerer or asssassin yet - it will depend on what our other inquisitor does.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#31]
You guys really need to check out the leaks here:

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Any word on the release date?
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 11:45:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#33]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

Holiday 2011 is the current most likely rumor.

ETA: FWIW, Amazon says Dec 31.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Q3 2011.  All the dates retailers have are nothing but placeholders.

Im thinking October.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Q3 2011. All the dates retailers have are nothing but placeholders.

Im thinking October.

I think it's going to go live on the 16th of December.

Why? Because SOE(under orders from Lucas Arts) is shutting SWG down in the 15th.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Q3 2011. All the dates retailers have are nothing but placeholders.

Im thinking October.

I think it's going to go live on the 16th of December.

Why? Because SOE(under orders from Lucas Arts) is shutting SWG down in the 15th.

I agree that the end of SWG is going to be very close to the release of TOR.

I'll be very surprised to see TOR go live before the end of November.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#37]
i believe both of my roommates have it on pre order.  I really dont care about all the extras you get with the pre order so that isnt the issue...

I'll be waiting for about a month after it comes out and for all the hype from the starwars fan boys (like me) to die down.  Im gonna be honest, and i hate being negative here but this game looks awful.

heres to hoping im wrong.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:12:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nsw8148] [#38]

Originally Posted By BludFan85:

i believe both of my roommates have it on pre order.  I really dont care about all the extras you get with the pre order so that isnt the issue...

I'll be waiting for about a month after it comes out and for all the hype from the starwars fan boys (like me) to die down.  Im gonna be honest, and i hate being negative here but this game looks awful.

Stop being a negative-nancy!  When I'm cruizin space in my SSD, you're gonna be jelly of my sweet robes and twi'lek bitches bringin me wookie cookies...

Its gonna have lightsabers, jedi, starships, blasters, Star Wars music, and well lightsabers!  I'm just going to cut your beard off with a lightsaber and make you like it!

(plus chase will do all of the work for us)

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By nsw8148:

Stop being a negative-nancy!  When I'm cruizin space in my SSD, you're gonna be jelly of my sweet robes and twi'lek bitches bringin me wookie cookies...

Its gonna have lightsabers, jedi, starships, blasters, Star Wars music, and well lightsabers!
 I'm just going to cut your beard off with a lightsaber and make you like it!

in reference to the size 3, dark red text.  So did episodes 1,2 and 3... and those movies sucked hard.

and as epically wonderful as wookie cookies are... I dont think they're worth a $15/mo subscription fee.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Its gonna have lightsabers, jedi, starships, blasters, Star Wars music, and well lightsabers!

in reference to the size 3, dark red text.  So did episodes 1,2 and 3... and those movies sucked hard.

and as epically wonderful as wookie cookies are... I dont think they're worth a $15/mo subscription fee.

George Lucas had his little retard fingers all over the prequels and the 6th movie, he isn't going anywhere near this game unless he wants a visit from a million angry virgin nerds.

I'll mess him up...

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#41]

George Lucas had his little retard fingers all over the prequels and the 6th movie, he isn't going anywhere near this game unless he wants a visit from a million angry virgin nerds.

I'll mess him up...

It says Lucas Arts right on the box man... beware.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By BludFan85

Bioware is making it with Lucas Arts, they just have to stamp that on there since its Star Wars and they own the rights to it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Bioware is making it with Lucas Arts, they just have to stamp that on there since its Star Wars and they own the rights to it.

im bookmarking this thread so I can link it to you as proof that I warned you all! :P

Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#44]

im bookmarking this thread so I can link it to you as proof that I warned you all! :P

Link Posted: 7/29/2011 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#45]

While it's being made by Bioware they can only do what Lucas Arts allows them to do. Just look at what happened to Star Wars galaxies. LA had to sign off on the bullshit known as the NGE. And from what I have seen so far TOR looks like every other mmo on the market. You pick a faction, then you pick a class within that faction, then you pick a specialty within that class and then if you want to change you class or faction you need to delete you toon and start over from scratch.

I really miss the original SWG skill system where it was possible to mix and match skills from all professions regardless of what you had your masters in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#46]

While it's being made by Bioware they can only do what Lucas Arts allows them to do. Just look at what happened to Star Wars galaxies. LA had to sign off on the bullshit known as the NGE. And from what I have seen so far TOR looks like every other mmo on the market. You pick a faction, then you pick a class within that faction, then you pick a specialty within that class and then if you want to change you class or faction you need to delete you toon and start over from scratch.

I really miss the original SWG skill system where it was possible to mix and match skills from all professions regardless of what you had your masters in.

From what I have read, BIOWARE has been given full authority to design and implement the game as they see fit. Lucas has much less control of the game ad thy did with SWG.

Speaking of SWG, this game is not SWG. It will never be. It's more of an mmo version of KOTOR 5 - 8.

Have you seen any of the BETA leaks? Looks great to me. You are aware noone is forcing you to play it either?

Either way haters going to hate, can't make everyone happy.

Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#47]

From what I have read, BIOWARE has been given full authority to design and implement the game as they see fit. Lucas has much less control of the game ad thy did with SWG.

Speaking of SWG, this game is not SWG. It will never be. It's more of an mmo version of KOTOR 5 - 8.

Have you seen any of the BETA leaks? Looks great to me. You are aware noone is forcing you to play it either?

It looks very much like a cookie cutter mmo, building on World of Warcraft's formula.  The major difference is that "story" is supposed to be a major part of the game - more so than any other mmo.

I'm extremely disappointed that Bounty Hunters and Smugglers - two classes that should be able to pick a side or no side - are faction specific.  In fact, there is no "neutral" and you have to pick a side.

I'll play it, for sure, but only because this is as close to KOTOR 3 as we'll ever get.

One final, minor gripe.  The in-game Imperial symbol looks a lot like that of the Republic/Empire in the movies.  They may explain it at some point, but it makes little sense to me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#48]

It looks very much like a cookie cutter mmo, building on World of Warcraft's formula.  The major difference is that "story" is supposed to be a major part of the game - more so than any other mmo.

I'm extremely disappointed that Bounty Hunters and Smugglers - two classes that should be able to pick a side or no side - are faction specific.  In fact, there is no "neutral" and you have to pick a side.

I'll play it, for sure, but only because this is as close to KOTOR 3 as we'll ever get.

One final, minor gripe.  The in-game Imperial symbol looks a lot like that of the Republic/Empire in the movies.  They may explain it at some point, but it makes little sense to me.

I thought they were adding a Hutt faction?  I also saw where you can play as a neutral Jedi.  Not sure why they couldn't do the same.

Link Posted: 7/29/2011 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#49]

You can stay neutral as far as light side / dark side go.  For example, you can be a light side BH and a dark side smuggler.  You can be a dark jedi and a light sith.

I would say WoW was a successful MMO (not the first to do everything), they did get alot of things right.  Would you agree that those things should be used and junk the stuff that didnt work?

As far as the symbol goes, I think its a Sith thing.  So you would see it in the Sith Empire as well as the Galactic Empire, since they were both ruled by Sith.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top