Link Posted: 1/25/2012 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit 45 and got Xalek.

Its weird not using khem

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Got my pink lightsaber crystal this morning.  

is that the schematic you pick up off the world boss that you need to first go to tatooine, then to hoth, then somewhere else?
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By M-1975:

The SWTOR version of Paki-made tape?

Well it does have +33 to endurance.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:00:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#4]

Originally Posted By shiky:

is that the schematic you pick up off the world boss that you need to first go to tatooine, then to hoth, then somewhere else?

You get the Magenta Crystal (crafting material piece) by: 1.) Going to Tat and getting the Refreshed and Revitalized buff from a Moisture Vaporator, 2.) Go to Hoth (Imperial), Travel to Leth outpost.  Once there, head north and up the tall mountain.  When you get to the snow storm your buff turns into a Shockfrozen Glass of Ice in your inventory.  3.) Travel to Ilum and go to the Western Jedi Graveyard/Ruins (imperial).  On South side of it, is a White Crystal formation.  Click on that and the Ghost Champion (around 220k hit points and lvl 50) appears.  Beat him and you get a Magenta Crystal Crafting Material.  
Then you either 1.) Need a Schematic (kill specific world boss) or find someone that already has it.
I just saw a few people selling the Magenta Crystals on the trade network (for over 300k) and saw who crafted it.  I then shot the guy an email and had it done in about a day for about $100k.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By M-1975:

The SWTOR version of Paki-made tape?

Well it does have +33 to endurance.

Run Kaon Under Siege hard  mode, take the +41 Endurance crystal out of the light saber that drops and put it in whatever you want.

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#6]
rolled my consular sage, ran Esseles with a lvl 10 guardian and a lvl 35 scoundrel, got the consulars orange robe, blue consulars gloves, and sage's saber. good run if i do say so.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I've rolled a few characters on Lord Adraas (the "unofficial" "official" RP server).  Seems like a pretty nice server.

PvP is pretty good.  On Canderous Ordo it seemed like if you didn't have a bunch of 50s on your team you didn't expect to do well.  On Adraas, I have yet to have a level 50 on a team (I had a level 49 in a match today who was the highest I've seen).  It seems pretty evenly balanced as far as wins/losses.

If anyone's over there getting their RP on, look me up - Syara (Bounty Hunter), Kialla (Smuggler), Haldan (Trooper).
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
you won't see 50's in PVP until you are 50, because they have their own PVP bracket now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#9]
doublepost cuz i don't give a fuck

i can't decide what build i want to run my Sage as.  i've never done ranged characters in online games, nor have i ever run healer.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 12:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#10]
Yahtzee reviewed it!

Bioware's big fancy star-wars branded hat it's throwing into the MMORPG ring to get mauled by WoW like they always are...

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:

Yahtzee reviewed it!

Bioware's big fancy star-wars branded hat it's throwing into the MMORPG ring to get mauled by WoW like they always are...

And yet I have run in to a ton of WoW players that say TOR beats WoW

Fanboy much Yahtzee? lol

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By Seiran:

And yet I have run in to a ton of WoW players that say TOR beats WoW

Fanboy much Yahtzee? lol

Ah, he tore up WoW too. I haven't played MMO's in over a year since Cata came out.... need the time for real life stuff right now

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#13]
That was a hysterical review.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#14]
wow lots o hacks out for the game.. PvP is just full of hackers..
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#15]
examples sir.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

Cite?

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Troubl3shooter:

Cite?

This is one of many, many videos on YouTube alone.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 2:40:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shiky] [#18]
its a lag switch, possibly...

eta: saw some other videos, seems theres a program to use.. pretty gay.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#19]
There is another one in which you can have more than 8 players in a warzone.  I saw it the other night in 2 matches that I happened to be the beneficiary of.  Basically we had 16 guys on our team and 8 on theirs.  Something do with grouping into a warzone, then a grouped player dropping and getting invited by those still in the match.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 2:23:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckeye67] [#20]

Originally Posted By shiky:

you won't see 50's in PVP until you are 50, because they have their own PVP bracket now.

Shows how much attention I pay to patch notes.

ETA: I don't see many level 40+ folks either.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2012 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:

Yahtzee reviewed it!

"Cows go 'moo', dogs go 'woof', MMO players go 'the PvP is unbalanced'."  

...and I have yet to see any hackers in the game.  I'm sure it happens, just as I'm sure that it is exceedingly rare and will eventually be stamped out by future patches (as will class balance).  I like it so far.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Well I decided to roll a Republic toon this weekend.  Went Jedi Sentinel.  I now wish I went Sith Maurader.  I like the dual wielding better than the Jug.  

Up to lvl 20.  At lvl 12-14, I was at the top of the kill charts.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Made it to 50 this week.  Going to try a raid for the first time tonight with the guild.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I guess I'm the odd man out. I have three characters that I ran up to the point of getting their ship and I have one 28.

I feel no rush to max out and I'm enjoying exploring.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Well I decided to roll a Republic toon this weekend.  Went Jedi Sentinel.  I now wish I went Sith Maurader.  I like the dual wielding better than the Jug.  

Jedi spells are weak sauce, "pebble throw, hadoken, and gay man love thursday"

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

haha.  My biggest gripe so far from the Reb perspective.  The Galatic Trade Network is EMPTY.  Yes EMPTY.  I still had my pre-order crystal up till about lvl 23 at which point I had crafted enough to make a +6 end vs the +4 end from the preorder.  

Plus with no cross faction item/money transfer, it's going to be a slow slog.

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#27]

haha.  My biggest gripe so far from the Reb perspective.  The Galatic Trade Network is EMPTY.  Yes EMPTY.  I still had my pre-order crystal up till about lvl 23 at which point I had crafted enough to make a +6 end vs the +4 end from the preorder.  

On dark Reaper the imperial trade net is always full.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#28]

On dark Reaper the imperial trade net is always full.

yeah the imperial trade is always full. The dumb thing is it's called the "Galatic" Trade Network.  Not the Imperial/Republic Trade Network.   Someone suggested using the Hutta Trade Network to do the cross faction transfers.  I logged in early in the morning and put my items up for 10 creds each and bough them with my pub toon.  PITA but at least I now have somewhat respectable gear for my lvl.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#29]

I have enough characters to craft anything (under lvl 50) that I want, so I rarely look at the GTN for gear anymore.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By Ajek:

I have enough characters to craft anything (under lvl 50) that I want, so I rarely look at the GTN for gear anymore.  

I'm leveling a character right now with the skills, Archeology, Bioanalysis and Scavenging. The first few crafting skills should level pretty quick considering the quantity of materials he's accumulated so far.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillDe83] [#31]

Originally Posted By Troubl3shooter:

I guess I'm the odd man out. I have three characters that I ran up to the point of getting their ship and I have one 28.

I feel no rush to max out and I'm enjoying exploring.

Thats what I am doing I have 4 characters, 3 of them are under lvl 15 and have my "main" character at lvl 32.

Just going back and forth between playing them and enjoying the game

the under 15 I have are a Trooper, Sith Inquisitor, Imperial Agent and my 32 is a Jedi Sentinel
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#32]
My guild and I ran Eternity Vault on Tuesday night.   We made it to the last boss before everyone had to leave for the night.  The boss fight where everyone in the party has to pick a boss and solo it was glitched.   One person could never do any damage to their target, or they would get them low on health and then they could do no more damage.

It was fun and had pretty good drops.   The first boss took us about 6 tries to take down.  Pretty smooth after that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 11:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#33]
Because of the bugged class quest on my Guardian, I re-rolled a Knight, but went Sentinel this time.  Going in the Watchman tree, and the damage is amazing and survivability is great (starting about level 20).  PvE is a breeze, and I can really put a hurt on someone in PvP.  Out of all the classes that I have tried...all of them now...this is my favorite.

ETA: I was partially inspired by this video, the commentary is hilarious:

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#34]
That's the exact video which made me go watchman sentinel. Haha

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Hit lvl 50 2 days ago.

Now what to make and an alt. I kinda want to do Operative, any suggestions.

Link Posted: 2/21/2012 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#36]
ok giving this game one last try.

upgrading my system from a DC E8400 to a i7-2600 IT BETTER MAKE A DIFFRENCE IN PVP.

the ability delay is killing me.. and Im finding it more pronounced on my Pub toon and not on my imp.

if this is no help. I'm unsubbing and waiting for GW2 the WvWvW PvP looks tits.

Link Posted: 2/21/2012 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#37]

upgrading my system from a DC E8400 to a i7-2600 IT BETTER MAKE A DIFFRENCE IN PVP.

the ability delay is killing me.. and Im finding it more pronounced on my Pub toon and not on my imp.

95% of the factional imbalances (ability delay being the primary one) favor the Imps.

A majority of the devs prefer to play Imps.

Hmmmm.......
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

95% of the factional imbalances (ability delay being the primary one) favor the Imps.

A majority of the devs prefer to play Imps.

Hmmmm.......

yup played Imp during beta. Leveled a shadow to 50 then PvP'ed then rolled a Imp Version of the shadow and what do ya know no delay..
so I now PvP on my imp LOL

parts shipped today. New MB New CPU and 8 gig of fast ram. my HD6870 is still good.. this better make a bit of a difference..
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 2:26:53 AM EDT
[#39]
It's funny listening to you guys say the Imp's have it so much better then logging on (I'm imp) and hearing about how the Rep have it so much better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 3:20:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#40]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:
It's funny listening to you guys say the Imp's have it so much better then logging on (I'm imp) and hearing about how the Rep have it so much better.

Really?  How can Republic have it so much better?  

Generally shorter PvP queue time and less same faction Huttball, maybe...but that is countered by generally inferior PvPers...
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

ability delay, that was my #1 thing that pisses me off on this game.. And Pubs have it worse. not to mention my hobo bath robe I got form PvP. Im still WTFing over that..

Imps have better story, better fleet, better armor. It looks like the devs did Imp land first then did the pub area as an after thought.

Any way Im done with this game, canceled my sub yesterday. Ill play some TF2 and BF3 till GW2 is out.

Link Posted: 2/24/2012 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Still have not beat EV.  The night before last patch we ran EV and made it to SOA in record time.   He glitched and we had to call it a night after glitching 3 times.

We got the +10 to all stats datacron on Fleet as a guild.  Was a pretty cool run.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#43]
I just dropped my account. Went on vacation for two weeks and just could not bring myself to go back any play. I wanted to like it, but it just feels like the entire game is on rails. I have to do all the same quests as everyone else and end up getting the same gear...bleh!

I know this is not SWG, and I did not really care all that much at first. But I really did enjoy picking my pistoleer and going to do whatever quest best suited me at the time, not because I had to or anything. I think this was the finall nail in the coffin for MMORPGs for me at least.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm having a blast still with way too many hours played.

My Republic scoundrel is 10/10 HM operations finally, full Rakata gear, on the lowest pop server of them all no less, it took a long time to get a raiding group worked up.

My Powertech is L43, and he'll be my Empire main.  BH is a lot of fun, tanking is really great in this game, I really liked the scoundrel trees too burst, DOTs, heals, it's a great class. I just love PVP as a Pwrtech though, and it's actually fun to tank with.

I have four crafting alts I lvled to 25ish, so I have all the crafting skills, haven't maxed out the force-user ones yet because frankly I hate the gameplay with those classes.

I was a bit worried at first but the last couple patches have really smoothed things out.

The solo EV fight probably isn't bugged, if you use anything that helps another player AT ALL other than the class self-buffs you fail, it's probably a sentinel/marauder with their party buff ability.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I haven't played much in the last couple of weeks, but I'm about to see how it looks in 3d. I've heard rumors about the cursor making it basically unplayable, so this might not work out. Worst case I still get to play in MUCH higher resolution on this new monitor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By SniperKage:

I haven't played much in the last couple of weeks, but I'm about to see how it looks in 3d. I've heard rumors about the cursor making it basically unplayable, so this might not work out. Worst case I still get to play in MUCH higher resolution on this new monitor.

Cursor is odd but not unplayable i think it looks good in 3D

Link Posted: 3/18/2012 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Just started playing a few days ago.

really enjoying it so far.

Sith Marauder.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DVDTracker:
Been playing the free trial this weekend and have my Sith Juggernaut (people always looking for tanks) up to lvl 10 so far.  It's WoW with lightsabers, but I like the companion aspect to it.  Still debating on buying it.

Juggernauts (and their mirror, Guardians) look to be getting a nice buff in the next major patch (1.2).
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been playing the 1.2 patch on test server this week and I love the changes.  (especially the UI ones) This game is an MMO so, of course, it has many comparable aspects to WoW, EQ2 etc but their unique way of telling the story really makes me love this one. (not to mention that it is Star Wars...)
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top