Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
Originally Posted By roboman:
I hope they improve the spells...

The ones in IV sucked shit.

Only pansies use spells. Stealth + bow and/or sword FTW

Pft.

I want to turn people in newts.

stealth bow + paralyze poisoned arrow + ball nuker (fire spell) + enchanted sword to the face  = motherfucking win
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I have more fun playing a sneak+marksman character than my traditional heavy armor+long blade type.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 10:13:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: numberofthebeast] [#3]
Morrowind had Fargoth.

Oblivion had Glarthir.

I can't wait to see who Skyrim will have in the role of annoying/crazy bosmer.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By numberofthebeast:
Morrowind had Fargoth.

Oblivion had Glarthir.

and what new ways we can kill him/her

I hope there are no essential npcs, morrowind was great for that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Ciraxis:

Morrowind had Fargoth.

Oblivion had Glarthir.

and what new ways we can kill him/her

I hope there are no essential npcs, morrowind was great for that.

Yeah, I liked the little message you would receive telling you how you fucked up the prophecy.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By starduks:

Originally Posted By m14fun:
I had never played any Elder Scrolls games before, but a few weeks ago I saw Oblivion for sale on Steam for like $4 and it included all DLC so I got it.

The first time I was wondering around a store in the Imperial Market and it was late so the shop owner said "I think its time for you to leave".  I thought oh crap, am I in trouble?  Then I realized he was closing the shop.  Then I realized I could break in and steal everything.  

That's when I stopped having free time.

I don't think any game experience can beat the first time you are exploring your first Elder Scrolls game. Morrowind for me was just so incredible and seemed like such a huge and infinite world with so much to do.

i clocked 490 somthing hours in that game.  i loved it.

1478 total hours in Oblivion.  I cannot purchase this game.

Link Posted: 2/4/2011 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sierrabravofour:

I had never played any Elder Scrolls games before, but a few weeks ago I saw Oblivion for sale on Steam for like $4 and it included all DLC so I got it.

The first time I was wondering around a store in the Imperial Market and it was late so the shop owner said "I think its time for you to leave".  I thought oh crap, am I in trouble?  Then I realized he was closing the shop.  Then I realized I could break in and steal everything.  

I don't think any game experience can beat the first time you are exploring your first Elder Scrolls game. Morrowind for me was just so incredible and seemed like such a huge and infinite world with so much to do.

Oh but you will....they always do .
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TT4life:
Originally Posted By sierrabravofour:

Oh but you will....they always do .

we're all doomed
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By roboman:
I hope they improve the spells...

The ones in IV sucked shit.

Only pansies use spells. Stealth + bow and/or sword FTW

Pft.

I want to turn people in newts.

stealth bow + paralyze poisoned arrow + ball nuker (fire spell) + enchanted sword to the face  = motherfucking win

5x 20% camo stones from the oblivion gates + Umbra

You are an invisble god of death, striking down any who oppose you...which consists of absolutely no one because they can't see you.

You get to blast people around while the other folks just look shocked and scream.

Link Posted: 2/4/2011 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Morrowind had Fargoth.

Oblivion had Glarthir.

No love for the adoring fan?
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Edvvard:
Morrowind had Fargoth.

Oblivion had Glarthir.

No love for the adoring fan?

I loved knocking him off dive rock
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I have more fun playing a sneak+marksman character than my traditional heavy armor+long blade type.

I never got into the whole marksmen thing. Give me light armor and a short sword with some good spells.
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cyrus-the-virus:

I never got into the whole marksmen thing. Give me light armor and a short sword with some good spells.

I normally play caster types..but not in Oblivion.

Full Daedric + the sword Umbra, I had one nuke spell, which launched a fireball/icebolt/lightning mixed effect, and healed me at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Bethesda had an update on their Skyrim facebook page. They added some screenshots!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/TheElderScrolls

This looks 100000x better than Oblivion.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Bethesda had an update on their Skyrim facebook page. They added some screenshots!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/TheElderScrolls

This looks 100000x better than Oblivion.

Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#17]
My mind is blown away by the awesomeness of what this game will be. November 11th cannot come soon enough.
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#18]
wallpaper and a countdown to in game video

http://www.bethsoft.com/elder_council_wallpaper/

awesome
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#19]

wallpaper and a countdown to in game video

http://www.bethsoft.com/elder_council_wallpaper/

awesome

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Really looking foward to this game. Loved Elder Scrolls and cracked out on it for years.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#21]
40 minutes guys
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#22]
500 - Internal Server Error

I guess their servers are getting hammered.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#23]
holy shit that looks awesome!
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#24]
looks fucking sweet!
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#25]

This is just amazing. I am in awe.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#26]

I would stop and just stare at the night sky sometimes when I first started playing it.  It was amazing some of the outside effects.  I wish it did have more voice actors.  Oblivion is one of my all time favorite games.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#27]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSRtYpNRoN0&feature=player_embedded#at=24

That looks AMAZING.  I think my life is gong to stop for a couple months on 11-11-11.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Between this and Battlefield 3, I'm definitely going to need new hardware.

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By JBlitzen:

Level-scaling again.

Just in case you might've felt like you were making progress...

Well I just lost all interest. I think I'm going to install Morrowind and the expansions again.

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ElectricSheep556:

Originally Posted By JBlitzen:
Level-scaling again.

Just in case you might've felt like you were making progress...

Well I just lost all interest. I think I'm going to install Morrowind and the expansions again.

Well if you liked the level scaling in Fallout 3 then you shuld not have a problem with this game.
Level-scaling

Link Posted: 2/24/2011 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Holy.  Shit.  Balls.

Amazing....and I love how they sing to the Morrowind tune.  Fuck this is going to be a good game.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Holy.  Shit.  Balls.

Amazing....and I love how they sing to the Morrowind tune.  Fuck this is going to be a good game.

I think we will all be saying goodbye to our friends and family in november
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#33]
looks great

debating if i should get it for PS3 or PC though.  I got Fallout New Vegas on PS3 and I am glad I did.  Controls are easy, can play from the couch.  PS3 controller is surprisingly easy to use.

hooking my PC up to my TV in the living room tonight...ill see how that works out, I may leave it, or put it back on the desk.  Have to see how controls in FPS are on my PC while it runs through the TV.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Holy.  Shit.  Balls.

I think we will all be saying goodbye to our friends and family in november

Or.....we will be saying hello to our real family .

I dunno what that means but it just felt right .

My wife is going to kill me come November.
Link Posted: 2/24/2011 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#35]
omg o mg omg omg omg omg
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Sweet mother of all that is good and holy in the world.....

Heroin, here I come again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dieter122:
looks great

debating if i should get it for PS3 or PC though.  I got Fallout New Vegas on PS3 and I am glad I did.  Controls are easy, can play from the couch.  PS3 controller is surprisingly easy to use.

hooking my PC up to my TV in the living room tonight...ill see how that works out, I may leave it, or put it back on the desk.  Have to see how controls in FPS are on my PC while it runs through the TV.

The mods alone make the choice a no brainer. If you have a PC that can play the game easily, get it for PC!
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm definitely going to save up for a HD projector and surround sound system, just for this game.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By biglou250:
Originally Posted By Dieter122:
looks great

The mods alone make the choice a no brainer. If you have a PC that can play the game easily, get it for PC!

Yeah, I used to be BIG into mods...esp for Morrowind.  I loved making my own houses and areas.

Ive been playing a few RTS games on my PC, using my TV.  Its not as easy as sitting at a desk.  I feel like I Dont have the same level of control.

I am now thinking running a secondary HDMI cord to the desk I had my PC at, and still use my monitor and wireless keyboard/mouse.  Its the nice thing about wireless / blue tooth things, you can take them anywhere.   Simply run the cord to the monitor and poof, can play on that too.   Ohhh the choices.....

Link Posted: 2/26/2011 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Last Elder Scrolls game I played was Daggerfall. This one looks closer to the original styling then previous attempts so I may give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Personally, I can't wait to scream in a dragons face.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#42]
This and ME3 coming out around the same time. Finally some stuff to look forward to.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Osirus23:
This and ME3 coming out around the same time. Finally some stuff to look forward to.

ME3?
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 5:04:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Already have it on pre-order.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#45]

ME3?

Mass Effect 3. LOTS of good games coming out this year.

Gears of War 3, Duke Nukem Forever, L.A. Noire.

Link Posted: 2/28/2011 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#46]

ME3?

Mass Effect 3. LOTS of good games coming out this year.

Gears of War 3, Duke Nukem Forever, L.A. Noire.

Yes, a lot of good games this year.  ME3 and Elder Scrolls are on the top of my list though.  I will probably play ME3 first though because I have a feeling I will be spending A LOT of time on Elder Scrolls.
Link Posted: 3/1/2011 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/2/2011 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Gentleman, get ready.
The Elder Scrolls VI: Equestria
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By kap_x:
As long as there are still crazy over-the-top rag doll effects when you shoot an NPC with arrows, I am happy.

That's always what my time playing Oblivion boiled down into.

Yup, for some reason no matter what I started with, I always ended up in the Dark Brotherhood with a bow, sneaking around sniping people.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top