Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang, 2 days in and approaching 70k! Damn fine rowing.

Can I suggest a thread title update from upcoming to "in progress"?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:42:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNC] [#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNC:

Add THE OFFICIAL while you're at it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNC:
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
Dang, 2 days in and approaching 70k! Damn fine rowing.

Can I suggest a thread title update from upcoming to "in progress"?

Add THE OFFICIAL while you're at it
Done and Done.
Was going to row today but an old friend is in town so instead it was beer. Back at it tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
Done and Done.
Was going to row today but an old friend is in town so instead it was beer. Back at it tomorrow
View Quote

Perfect, the WOD tomorrow is 6x1k intervals
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I wore my shoes loose last night and got a heel blister.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:
I wore my shoes loose last night and got a heel blister.
View Quote

Dude no shoes! Seriously, I like to row in socks. I'd probably do it even in a public gym if there's no rule against
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:Perfect, the WOD tomorrow is 6x1k intervals
View Quote
Sounds unpleasant. Today’s wasn’t so bad
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Dude no shoes! Seriously, I like to row in socks. I'd probably do it even in a public gym if there's no rule against
View Quote
Socks only worked well. I'm going to keep going that way for a while.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Wooo get it

Check your pedal bolts. My pedal fell off. M12 x 1.75, had to chase bolt threads ...

Fitness Reality comes at you fast
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Put up another 5k. Congrats on one week down, gents.

Among the Virtual 6-20 groups we are 36/62. Solid!
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:54:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Quiganomics] [#14]
Been recovering from influenza and have had absolutely no energy. Hoping to get back on the rower this week.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Woof. 8 days in a row.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:44:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#16]
I'm doing the "Stretch" individual challenge too, so I need to clock at least 500m for twenty days or more. So that'll push me to at least do a K here or there, even on an "off day".

January Revolutions Challenge
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Put up another 5k. Congrats on one week down, gents.

Among the Virtual 6-20 groups we are 36/62. Solid!
View Quote

Good work everyone. Moved up to 35 today. We can keep climbing. I put in 6333 this morning.

LET’S GO!
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Playing with AI for a "team logo". What do you think?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Add about 75 pounds and it'll be spot on for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Call it the after photo
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wookie1562] [#21]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93168/ArfcomErg_jpg-3087857.JPG
View Quote
That's epic!

Were you inspired by the dark horse post yesterday? Not sure I can embed a reel but here goes:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C12VaQ8vEHA/?igsh=MzY1NDJmNzMyNQ==

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#22]
That's epic!

Were you inspired by the dark horse post yesterday? Not sure I can embed a reel but here goes:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C12VaQ8vEHA/?igsh=MzY1NDJmNzMyNQ==

View Quote
I was not, but that’s awesome
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#23]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93168/ArfcomErg_jpg-3087857.JPG
View Quote

In for a sticker, T shirt, patch and life size poster.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#24]
It has to be more Arfcom realistic w/ supermodel wife, Porsche, and Ferrari in the garage.

Just kidding, it looks great!
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm over 50k.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems like a good idea to hold myself accountable to someone, even if it’s internet phantoms. I’ve had a Concept 2 for a few yrs and have only put about 30k total meters on it. The last week I’ve put in a few days of training on it just to remind myself about the technique and pace.

I’m slow and not setting any records. For example, I do an interval program so I don’t die. But I’d like to help where I can. Are there still openings for 2024?

BTW, 64 yrs, 6’2”, 210 lbs and too soft around the middle.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:04:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wookie1562] [#27]
Originally Posted By chase237:
Seems like a good idea to hold myself accountable to someone, even if it's internet phantoms. I've had a Concept 2 for a few yrs and have only put about 30k total meters on it. The last week I've put in a few days of training on it just to remind myself about the technique and pace.

I'm slow and not setting any records. For example, I do an interval program so I don't die. But I'd like to help where I can. Are there still openings for 2024?

BTW, 64 yrs, 6'2", 210 lbs and too soft around the middle.

View Quote

Jump on in! The water is ... drag factor 125

There's a link in the OP. You'll need a C2 account, then join the team, then sign up for the challenge. The process should take just a couple minutes.

Let us know how it goes or if you need further info, there are a ton of great resources for various things like stretching, pace, workout variety etc. There's also the classic WOD (workout of the day) that makes it easy to just get moving.

ETA - speaking of WOD
Today's was a grind. I was looking forward to short intervals for once. It's easy to push hard on those things.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#28]
@chase237 let me know if you have any questions about signup. Welcome to the crew.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#29]
OK I’m in. The tech end will have a learning curve no doubt.

I apologize in advance as I see there is a avg meters rating that I will surely drag down
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -CUJO-] [#30]
Seems like a good idea to hold myself accountable to someone, even if it’s internet phantoms. I’ve had a Concept 2 for a few yrs and have only put about 30k total meters on it. The last week I’ve put in a few days of training on it just to remind myself about the technique and pace.

I’m slow and not setting any records. For example, I do an interval program so I don’t die. But I’d like to help where I can. Are there still openings for 2024?

BTW, 64 yrs, 6’2”, 210 lbs and too soft around the middle.

View Quote

@chase237

Don’t hesitate to pm or call me if you have any questions.  Ergdata and the online logbook integrate so seamlessly and it’s fun to chart your progress.  Everything is logged automatically.  I also have a Polar heart rate monitor when I bought the rower in 2019 which has been fantastic.  I wouldn’t want to do a session without it as it keeps me aware of what heart rate zone I’m in.

For some reason, the rower is one form of cardio that I’ve been able to stick with.  I play mental games with myself (eg, going for negative 500m split times during a relatively long row) the entire time and it seems that time goes by relatively fast.  I built up to 8,000m 6-7x/week but have tapered that down to 7,000m 4x/week.  I make sure that I do it the first thing in the morning while my brain is only half working.  That way I don’t have to dread the thought of it all day if I did it later on that evening.  Before I know it, I’m 20 minutes into the session.  I’ll put the AirPods in while watching Fox and Friends (streaming on the iPad in the rower’s device holder)  in the morning for another added distraction. For the longest time, I just had the PM5 with a stereo that managed to work intermittently to keep my mind engaged.  I couldn’t imagine doing that once I started figuring out what works for keeping me motivated.

Look up the Beginner Pete Plan for a good starting point.  It might seem like a lot at first but if you need to, just repeat a week or two.  FWIW, i never completed that program and I think that the furthest that I’ve ever rowed at one time was 8,000m.  I’ve owned it since 2019 and am coming up on 4.5M meters and the rower still looks brand new.  Take your time and focus on technique.  I was rowing 8K meters/day and managed to hurt my elbow.  That took 8 months to heal. lol.

I’m definitely not the fastest and average 2:15ish 500m splits.  My goal is to be able to maintain 150 watts (2X my weight in kilograms) on long rows but I think at my age those days are behind me.

Good luck and have fun!
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:

@chase237

Don't hesitate to pm or call me if you have any questions.  Ergdata and the online logbook integrate so seamlessly and it's fun to chart your progress.  Everything is logged automatically.  I also bought a Polar heart rate monitor which has been fantastic.  I wouldn't want to do a session without it as it keeps me aware of what heart rate zone I'm in.

For some reason, the rower is one form of cardio that I've been able to stick with.  I play mental games with myself (eg, going for negative 500m split times during a relatively long row) the entire time and it seems that time goes by relatively fast.  I built up to 8,000m 6-7x/week but have tapered that down to 7,000m 4x/week.  I make sure that I do it the first thing in the morning while my brain is only half working.  That way I don't have to dread the thought of it all day if I did it later on that evening.  Before I know it, I'm 20 minutes into the session.  I'll put the AirPods in while watching Fox and Friends (streaming on the iPad in the rower's device holder)  in the morning for another added distraction.

Look up the Beginner Pete Plan for a good starting point.  It might seem like a lot at first but if you need to, just repeat a week or two.  FWIW, i never completed that program and I think that the furthest that I've ever rowed was 8,000m.  I've owned it since 2019 and am coming up on 4.5M meters and the rower still looks brand new.

Good luck and have fun!
View All Quotes
Seems like a good idea to hold myself accountable to someone, even if it's internet phantoms. I've had a Concept 2 for a few yrs and have only put about 30k total meters on it. The last week I've put in a few days of training on it just to remind myself about the technique and pace.

I'm slow and not setting any records. For example, I do an interval program so I don't die. But I'd like to help where I can. Are there still openings for 2024?

BTW, 64 yrs, 6'2", 210 lbs and too soft around the middle.

@chase237

Don't hesitate to pm or call me if you have any questions.  Ergdata and the online logbook integrate so seamlessly and it's fun to chart your progress.  Everything is logged automatically.  I also bought a Polar heart rate monitor which has been fantastic.  I wouldn't want to do a session without it as it keeps me aware of what heart rate zone I'm in.

For some reason, the rower is one form of cardio that I've been able to stick with.  I play mental games with myself (eg, going for negative 500m split times during a relatively long row) the entire time and it seems that time goes by relatively fast.  I built up to 8,000m 6-7x/week but have tapered that down to 7,000m 4x/week.  I make sure that I do it the first thing in the morning while my brain is only half working.  That way I don't have to dread the thought of it all day if I did it later on that evening.  Before I know it, I'm 20 minutes into the session.  I'll put the AirPods in while watching Fox and Friends (streaming on the iPad in the rower's device holder)  in the morning for another added distraction.

Look up the Beginner Pete Plan for a good starting point.  It might seem like a lot at first but if you need to, just repeat a week or two.  FWIW, i never completed that program and I think that the furthest that I've ever rowed was 8,000m.  I've owned it since 2019 and am coming up on 4.5M meters and the rower still looks brand new.

Good luck and have fun!

Plus a million. Welcome to the team! Here's a good technique starter vid:

Correct Rowing Technique for Beginners: Row Machine Basics

Don't sprint out the gate and get hurt. The rower is super low impact and you should not be having any kind of joint pains, especially back. Legs, lungs, muscles are a different story
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Call it the after photo
View All Quotes
Call it the after photo

FivespeedF150’s one liners are hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#33]

FivespeedF150's one liners are hilarious.
View All Quotes
Call it the after photo

FivespeedF150's one liners are hilarious.

Someone should change their username to RowDaddy
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Since '06 this site has shaped my politics, personality and, I guess, my wit more than I'm comfortable admitting in civilized company. Thank you though.
Originally Posted By wookie1562:Someone should change their username to RowDaddy
Someone, but not me. I'm leading from the midpack at best. Will throw up more meters tomorrow.

Thanks again, all, for joining the challenge!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Starting winter off with a bang!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm over 50k
View All Quotes
I'm over 50k
Beast!
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359239/IMG_3165_jpeg-3088806.JPG
Also beast!
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Useafortyfive:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359239/IMG_3165_jpeg-3088806.JPG
View Quote

Is that top line January the current month Jan '24?

If it is, I don't think you are "joined" the challenge.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Joined, contributed 5,000 M this morning.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JDC_VA_USMC:
Joined, contributed 5,000 M this morning.
View Quote

Same
I’m traveling for work the last week of the month. Need to front load.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Is that top line January the current month Jan '24?

If it is, I don't think you are "joined" the challenge.
View Quote

No I don’t even know how to link my rower to join in the competition.   I’m just rowing on my own and wearing a big cowboy hat.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't have a C2, I just log the meters from my rower in the log website for the challenge.

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Updated C2 firmware yesterday before my row. After completing the WOD it dumped the individual interval data and uploaded all efforts as one big interval. Kind of a bummer, will report back if the issue persists.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Updated C2 firmware yesterday before my row. After completing the WOD it dumped the individual interval data and uploaded all efforts as one big interval. Kind of a bummer, will report back if the issue persists.
View Quote
I did the WOD as well, challenge only cares about total meters so it makes sense to me it’d track like that.

When I zoom in on the website I see the intervals being tracked though.

We’re approaching half a million challenge meters!
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#48]
I did the WOD as well, challenge only cares about total meters so it makes sense to me it'd track like that.

When I zoom in on the website I see the intervals being tracked though.

We're approaching half a million challenge meters!
View Quote

Normally I get a nice graph on the website for each interval that includes HR, stroke rate, and pace/time data. There's no graph at all for yesterday. Hopefully it was just a weird hiccup.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Normally I get a nice graph on the website for each interval that includes HR, stroke rate, and pace/time data. There's no graph at all for yesterday. Hopefully it was just a weird hiccup.
View Quote

Happy to report my graphs are back. Keep on pullin' boys

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I've joined the team and will get started when my PM5 shows up for my old model C.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top