Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2017 9:43:38 PM EDT
I'm slowly building my home gym so that its completion coincides with the expiration of my Groupon gym membership, and I ran across a decent deal for a $200 out the door price at Dick's for a 300 pound weight set that includes an "entry level" bar (according to the reviews) that is available for in store pickup, at least in northern Virginia.

Thought I'd share...
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive been using that weight set for a while its been fine.
the bar isnt the greatest and I dont think I would put any more than 300 on it. Completely satisfied with it for my needs though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive been using that weight set for a while its been fine.
the bar isnt the greatest and I dont think I would put any more than 300 on it. Completely satisfied with it for my needs though.
View Quote
That's great to know. Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, I have a crap bar like that, but I think I bought it at Academy versus Dick's.  It was a long time ago.

It is not high quality by any means, but I have loaded it north of 500# for squats and deads and it has not bent.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FWIW, I have a crap bar like that, but I think I bought it at Academy versus Dick's.  It was a long time ago.

It is not high quality by any means, but I have loaded it north of 500# for squats and deads and it has not bent.
View Quote
Which bar did you replace it with?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Always disappointed to hear about people patronizing these douchebags.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which bar did you replace it with?
View Quote
I still have it, along with several others.  They seem to accumulate after a while.  

The best that I have is probably my Ivanko.  There are many good brands out there, both Olympic and Power type bars.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I still have it, along with several others.  They seem to accumulate after a while.  

The best that I have is probably my Ivanko.  There are many good brands out there, both Olympic and Power type bars.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. I'm no longer looking to lift heavy anymore, so it's good to know that the bar can handle the weights it came with.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the same set. The bar is oversized and slippery, but it works. I still use the plates with a Texas Power Bar.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link doesn't work for me, but I'm guessing it's the same set I've been using for year. I've since added quite a few things and I'm still using that bar. I've used it to pull 495 and it did just fine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#10]
yea dicks no bueno
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top