Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2017 7:36:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#1]
How can we decide with no pics of said bowl?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
This? Rips Big Bowl

1 banana, peeled and sliced
1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup raw old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup nut-size kernel cereal (recommended: Grape Nuts or Ezekiel)
1/4 cup bite-size shredded wheat
1/4 cup toasted whole grain wheat flakes and flaxseed cereal (recommended: Uncle Sam)
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons walnuts
1 grapefruit, halved
3/4 cup milk substitute of choice

Not for me. I'll stick with three eggs, three slices wright bacon, and coffee.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This? Rips Big Bowl

1/4 cup toasted whole grain wheat flakes and flaxseed cereal (recommended: Uncle Sam)
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons walnuts
1 grapefruit, halved

View Quote
That's pretty heavy on carbohydrates.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This? Rips Big Bowl

2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons walnuts
1 grapefruit, halved

View Quote
I'm not really opposed to those foods in smaller groups together, but that's just too much stuff in one mess for me. Except grapefruit, how anyone enjoys that fruit is beyond me.

I also prefer just eggs with bacon, except I like two pieces of toast with real butter on them to help sop up the mess on the plate afterwards, and milk with it, coffee afterwards.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This? Rips Big Bowl

2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons walnuts
1 grapefruit, halved

Link Posted: 7/31/2017 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Why exactly are you changing from eggs to this? If your motivation is to get things moving through you more easily there are much better ways than doing it via early am insulin spikes. Something as simple as having a few tbsp of olive oil can help clear things up without turning you into an energy roller coaster for the whole day. For example, just make a salad with spinach + whatever and use a bunch of olive oil and balsamic vinegar as the dressing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I mix 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, and a scoop of protein powder (PES Select "Snickerdoodle") in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

I eat it cold in the morning, but I suppose it could be nuked a bit to warm it up. It, along with a big coffee, keeps me comfortably full from 4am to noon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My BIL was talking about meals that keep him full for at least 4-5 hours with minimal prep time

He is thin as a rail and runs marathons and this has been his breakfast for 2 years... I figured I would try it for a while.   I recently started jogging and I've lost about 10lbs.    My lifts have gone to crap but I am the motivator for the lady friend and one way to get her to work out was to jog W me

Figured I'd get others inputs
View Quote
Fair enough. Sounds like you will want to add some eggs back though for some morning protein/fat/satiety.

One thing I like and I don't know the name of are:

Get a cupcake sheet and preheat your oven to 350. Cut 12(or however many of these you are making) pieces of bacon in half and crisscross 2 halves in each cupcake spot forming to the pan. Toss it in the oven until the bacon is nearly done(you don't want it too crispy).

Crack an egg in each spot and salt and pepper to taste. Bake until the yolk starts to white over. Top with shredded cheese and bake for another minute until the cheese is melted.

These refrigerate well and reheat well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fair enough. Sounds like you will want to add some eggs back though for some morning protein/fat/satiety.

Get a cupcake sheet and preheat your oven to 350. Cut 12(or however many of these you are making) pieces of bacon in half and crisscross 2 halves in each cupcake spot forming to the pan. Toss it in the oven until the bacon is nearly done(you don't want it too crispy).

Crack an egg in each spot and salt and pepper to taste. Bake until the yolk starts to white over. Top with shredded cheese and bake for another minute until the cheese is melted.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My BIL was talking about meals that keep him full for at least 4-5 hours with minimal prep time

He is thin as a rail and runs marathons and this has been his breakfast for 2 years... I figured I would try it for a while.   I recently started jogging and I've lost about 10lbs.    My lifts have gone to crap but I am the motivator for the lady friend and one way to get her to work out was to jog W me

Figured I'd get others inputs

Well there is my weekend project. I bet if you whisked the eggs up with a little milk and some chopped broccoli and mushrooms the resulting mini quiche will turn out fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well there is my weekend project. I bet if you whisked the eggs up with a little milk and some chopped broccoli and mushrooms the resulting mini quiche will turn out fantastic.
View Quote
Yeah. You can really go to town on these and make them as basic or fancy as you want. On the quiche thought, whisk the eggs and add Swiss and spinach. That'd be great too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah. You can really go to town on these and make them as basic or fancy as you want. On the quiche thought, whisk the eggs and add Swiss and spinach. That'd be great too.
View Quote
I'm pretty tempted to get my ass out of bed and go make a quiche now, only so I can eat half of it at 4am tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm pretty tempted to get my ass out of bed and go make a quiche now, only so I can eat half of it at 4am tomorrow.
View Quote
I think you would be pretty happy with that decision.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top