Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 11:10:39 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a nice low impact cardio machine (bad knees) that I can use on busy days where we can't get to the gym. Most of the reviews I'm seeing online are more like paid advertisements, so I figured I'd ask here. What do you guys have? Why is it good / better? Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#1]
We have a new sole/vision  one. "X30 premium" Is the model think. I can't say what's the best. But it is far superior to Nordic trac and the ones i have seen at big box and sporting goods stores. I would say it's near commercial/ high end consumer grade.

Wife uses it 50min 5x a week minimum. I use about 50min 3x a week. Have been for 2 or 3 years. I think it was a year old when we bought it. Holding up well. No regerts on that purchase 

eta: can't give you specifics on why it's better. I know it has a bigger flywheel than most consumer ones. Built very well. I clock in just under 200lbs. I mountain bike a lot. So when I'm  on it I abuse it. Fast hard bursts. Wife as I said is on it a lot. I would say it sees more use in a month than most home machines see in their lifetime. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Concept2
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm glad I asked because I hadn't looked at either of these suggestions before.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#4]
We've had an Octane Q47x for a couple of years and it's worked out well for our needs.  We were both used to gym machines - Precor, etc, and most of the stuff we found at stores felt flimsy in comparison, until, until we started looking at some of the more expensive stuff.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#5]
We have the Sole e35 or e55 (can't remember) and it has worked perfectly for several years being used to once a week to daily depending on season.
It's heavy, but it's been great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top