Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2017 11:47:48 AM EDT
Does anyone have personal experience with artificial disc replacement in L5/S1.

I have recently seen 2 back Drs for a torn disc at L5/S1. The first Dr. is kind of old school and only does Spinal Fusions, but doesnt really want to do one on me because of age and (30).

I went to a second Dr. today and he recommends a disc replacement and said I would have greater benefit in that then a fusion. I am nervous as shit about having any type of back surgery and was looking for personal experience any of y'all may of had with it.

Currently I have done PT for over 6 months, Chiropractor, and Injections and nothing is making it better.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just had a  C3 to  C4 fusion.
Cadaver bone for the disk, titanium screws and cage to ensure it all grows into a single section.

PLEASE have your Sacroiliac Joints assessed. I spent years on s1-l5 complaints and root cause is SI joint disfunction.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just had a  C3 to  C4 fusion.
Cadaver bone for the disk, titanium screws and cage to ensure it all grows into a single section.

PLEASE have your Sacroiliac Joints assessed. I spent years on s1-l5 complaints and root cause is SI joint disfunction.
View Quote
I'm a DC and this is good advice -review it with your chiropractor.  Six months isn't too long to still be recovering, but it is a long time if you feel there hasn't been any substantial improvement.

(daughter just came by and asked me to include these: )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top