Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2017 10:16:22 AM EDT
A friend did a motivational video showing his transition from a 240lb 20 year old to a 155lb krav maga instructor/mma bjj competitor.

He shares a lot of workout tips and diet information.  Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Good vid!

I always enjoy seeing people realize they have a problem and then fixing them.

One thing I wish he would go into more depth on, and could be a separate video, is how he got to the point he was at.  I know he said stress, but the stress could very easily be due to depression via weight gain.  

Was he active during his teenage years?  Did his parents have bad eating habits? etc.  

I am curious on this aspect due to having kids getting ready to be teenagers.  On one hand, with me eating very "clean" I don't want to stunt my kids growth and on the other hand I don't want them to eat poorly and become obese.

I am especially curious for my son that doesn't care for competitive sports.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think he was active in sports in high school.  He was a geeky kinda kid.  

I was just messaging with him getting his opinion on some 3 gun practice vids to help me with movement.

His parents aren't all that healthy.  All his eating and training habits have come from his exposure to martial arts.  He's got several videos on meal prep, recipes, and dietary habits.

Check out his other vids.  He's learning how to make content and really enjoys the sharing/teaching side of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top