Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2017 12:45:54 AM EDT
Long story short...  My lack of attention to detail has me walking in a velcro shoe while my broken pinky toe heals.  Obviously this means that the only exercise that I can do from my sl5x5 workouts is bench.   What other upper body work should I  be adding in the interim or what other workouts should I be looking at for the next couple of weeks? Do I actually use the circuit machines and if so any suggestions on rep count and starting weights on them?   Or will the circuit machines make me gay and should I avoid them like the plauge?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
So, what actually transpired leading to a broken toe?

Nothing replaces your Olympic lifts, but something is better than nothing with resistance training. Use this as an opportunity to do a new program and reset your muscle memory.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, what actually transpired leading to a broken toe?

Nothing replaces your Olympic lifts, but something is better than nothing with resistance training. Use this as an opportunity to do a new program and reset your muscle memory.
View Quote
What??

OP, unless you absolutely destroyed your toe I doubt you will be down for much over a week. For your ohp you could just do it seated, do chest supported rows, hit the leg extension and curl machines, do some hypers and ghr.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What??

OP, unless you absolutely destroyed your toe I doubt you will be down for much over a week. For your ohp you could just do it seated, do chest supported rows, hit the leg extension and curl machines, do some hypers and ghr.
View Quote
Great thoughts....

I am guessing 2 weeks or so.  I think that will be a reasonable substitute.  

I just didn't want to go dark for 3 weeks and have to do a massive deload.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd probably squat anyway.

Too much pressure on your toe?  Stand on 2.5lbs plates, center of the foot, it will help with your balance and positions.

If it was a broken foot kind of scenario with boot height and mobility being an issue, would at least lunge, or even 1/4 or iso-squat to keep the legs going.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I broke my big toe 4 weeks ago or so and I've been squatting the entire time.  Could hardly walk, but I could squat.  And deadlift.  Just nothing like lunges.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I broke my big toe 4 weeks ago or so and I've been squatting the entire time.  Could hardly walk, but I could squat.  And deadlift.  Just nothing like lunges.
View Quote
In regular lifting shoes?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In regular lifting shoes?
View Quote
Socks, to begin with, because I couldn't get shoes on.    Then I just used regular flat soled shoes.  Still haven't worn lifters since I broke it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Seriously....Throw the boot in the trash. Just train through it. I broke mine and never missed a squat or deadlift.  It hurt for months. Don't use this as an excuse to become a vag.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, a boot.  Yeah, I never went to the doctor.  Self diagnosis, self treatment.  

I wore batman slippers to work for a few days.  Remember, squatting or deads, you should only have weight on your heels anyways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top