Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2017 4:40:08 PM EDT
Gone from 348 to 328.3. And this was with shoes on and having just drunk 20oz of water. I'll take what I can

I've also gone from barely being able to complete 3-4 different lifts total to being about to do 3-4 lifts per muscle group(6 for back, 3 sets per lift). I can tell I'm even carrying myself differently. Seems like my posture is better, not slumped over like before. Just though I would share, feels good to be proud of myself again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you doing different?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Good.  Great.  Expect though that much of that is water and the loss will slow down.  Sometimes there is even some rebound.  DO NOT let that discourage you, keep doing whatever you are doing.  Stay with it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The biggest thing is finally sticking to a diet and cutting out a rather large portion of stuff I shouldn't be eating.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The biggest thing is finally sticking to a diet and cutting out a rather large portion of stuff I shouldn't be eating.
View Quote
This, so very much this. Great work so far; keep it up!

I'm planning on losing as much weight as I can (6'0" 265lbs, eventual target 215lbs) this summer. The past few weeks has been spent gradually adjusting my diet. I've cut out most sugar, halved my carb intake, and almost completely ditched soda, and I'm thinking I've gone down 5-10lbs already based on clothing fit. Eating a lot more protein and just less food overall; I'm on a student budget right now so I can only do so much; healthy food can be expensive and I'll be in a better financial situation this summer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This, so very much this. Great work so far; keep it up!

I'm planning on losing as much weight as I can (6'0" 265lbs, eventual target 215lbs) this summer. The past few weeks has been spent gradually adjusting my diet. I've cut out most sugar, halved my carb intake, and almost completely ditched soda, and I'm thinking I've gone down 5-10lbs already based on clothing fit. Eating a lot more protein and just less food overall; I'm on a student budget right now so I can only do so much; healthy food can be expensive and I'll be in a better financial situation this summer.
View Quote
Go over to Scoobys website and look in the nutrition section.  He has a good amount of very cheap and easy meals that have a lot protein.  

Stuff like lentils, can of salmon, and some salsa.  Taste fairly good and very cheap.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Go over to Scoobys website and look in the nutrition section.  He has a good amount of very cheap and easy meals that have a lot protein.  

Stuff like lentils, can of salmon, and some salsa.  Taste fairly good and very cheap.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks for the tip!
College has been really hard on my overall health because of stress and lack of sleep (engineering degree); my goal is to knock myself into shape and build some good habits over the last year before I graduate.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Generally I'll cook up a pound of bacon and divide it by 3-4. Eat that for breakfast, go to gym, then 2 scoops of protein powder for lunch. Will also eat leftovers for breakfast. Last 2 days I ate some pork loin with just enough BBQ sauce for some extra flavor.

I'm taking Pre Kaged before a workout so usually end up drinking 10-14 glasses of water. Only downside is the 18 trips to the bathroom afterwards lol. Then 5-6 nights a week it's carb freeish. Grilled chicken, asparagus etc. A nice treat are parsnip fries with a mayo/hot sauce dipping sauce.

I've always loved Coke, it's my crack. Got off regular pop and have been drinking Diet Dew. But to both save money and get healthier I'm making jugs of flavored water instead.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep going that first step is always the hardest
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:47:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top