Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 11:18:45 AM EDT
I have been walking for exercise,one hour about four miles per day I have been wearing regular Nike running shoes but I am getting bad blisters on the balls of my feet.I need a better shoe.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds more like a fitment issue.  Go to a good backpacking store and have your feet measured.  Good shoes with good socks shouldn't make hot spots, especially on the ball of the foot.

Merrill makes a good shoe.  Don't believe their lies that they are waterproof, and buy the lightest pair you can get.  

I've had the best luck in walking with hiking boots.  And the best I've ever had were a super cheap pair of Hi-Tec boots.  They have outlasted anything else I've owned.  

Shoes are expensive, but good shoes make a difference when you have lousy feet like me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Fit issue or bad socks. Pick up some dual-lined socks like Wright socks. They have dual layers so they will not give you blisters or hot spots.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
What those guys said. ^^

Socks can make a big difference. I use Darn Tough Socks or if it's going to be wet DryMax. Also have some Smartwool socks but they seem to wear out faster.
I run more than walk, if I'm going to get blisters it will be on the toes so I use paper tape over problem areas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top