Quoted:
Thats awesome keep it up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stuck with the diet all weekend.

I didn't weight myself at all this weekend, but I feel good. So I guess that's good.

Interestingly enough, last time I went to the doctor my BP was pretty high...somthing like 140 over 110 and my pulse was like 80.

Well...today got my BP and pulse taken...133 over 69 and pulse was 65 bpm...that's a benefit already.
Thats awesome keep it up.
thanks...the diet it much easier now that I have been on it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Follow my lead brother....keto all the way.

Went down to NRAAM in Atlanta.  Was on my feet 12 hours a day for three days, including the 3/4-mile walk to and from the hotel.  

Down to 266.8.  Was 306.5 on Dec 12.  Just about 40 lbs lost, over 4.5 months.

For the first time in forever, I actually lost weight even though I was away from home for 7 days.  Lost three pounds eating out for a week.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
damn....I must have angered the gods lately.

So. like I said I started feeling bad yesterday and this morning like shit when I woke up. Well I still feel like crap and feel like I have gotten food poisoning/noro etc I take my temp a few minutes ago and it's 100degrees...

Something must be wrong with me, I have been sick this entire year almost.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Follow my lead brother....keto all the way.

Went down to NRAAM in Atlanta.  Was on my feet 12 hours a day for three days, including the 3/4-mile walk to and from the hotel.  

Down to 266.8.  Was 306.5 on Dec 12.  Just about 40 lbs lost, over 4.5 months.

For the first time in forever, I actually lost weight even though I was away from home for 7 days.  Lost three pounds eating out for a week.  
View Quote
man that's awesome!
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So. like I said I started feeling bad yesterday and this morning like shit when I woke up. Well I still feel like crap and feel like I have gotten food poisoning/noro etc I take my temp a few minutes ago and it's 100degrees...

View Quote
Being sick should help you lose weight.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#6]
vomiting is great for the abs
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Since I started taking ZMA before bed I haven't gotten sick. And that is with a wife that teaches kindergarten and a 2.5 year old in day care. For instance, last week my wife had strep and my daughter came down with a fever 2 days later. I took care of both of them, slept in the same beds, etc. and am perfectly fine.
ON ZMA
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:43:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Since I started taking ZMA before bed I haven't gotten sick. And that is with a wife that teaches kindergarten and a 2.5 year old in day care. For instance, last week my wife had strep and my daughter came down with a fever 2 days later. I took care of both of them, slept in the same beds, etc. and am perfectly fine.
ON ZMA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ON ZMA
I need to get me some of that. THanks!

I was right at 299 this morning. things are going well and I feel 100% better today.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was right at 299 this morning. things are going well and I feel 100% better today.
View Quote
Under 300!  Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Under 300!  Congrats!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under 300!  Congrats!
Thanks!!

I know it's a good feeling to get back below that line again
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#11]
296.4 this morning.

Avocados are very handy it turns out. A little salt and pepper and there ya go.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
296.4 this morning.

View Quote
I love avocados. But they piss me off because I forget to eat them and they go bad.  Or I eat them too soon and they are all hard.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love avocados. But they piss me off because I forget to eat them and they go bad.  Or I eat them too soon and they are all hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
296.4 this morning.

I know that feels.....I had to toss one this morning.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyhow.....staying fat boy strong and keeping on with the diet.

This morning...weighed in at 294.8 and waist is down to 46"
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#15]
good job on the weight loss.
how is the gym section of things going?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow.

For some perspective, I am 279 lbs and have a 53" waist. BMI of 36.

I started keto on Sunday. I hope my start is as successful as you seem to be doing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
good job on the weight loss.
how is the gym section of things going?
View Quote
not going at all to be honest.

I need to get in there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow.

I started keto on Sunday. I hope my start is as successful as you seem to be doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Now that I have been on it for a few weeks, I really enjoy eating the keto way again. It literally took almost 3 weeks before I stopped craving sweets. Now, I can take it or leave it.

I did this quick BMI calc.

40 for me....
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I need to get in there.
View Quote
If you want to really start getting the scale to drop you have to get into burn mode and stay there as long as you can.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you want to really start getting the scale to drop you have to get into burn mode and stay there as long as you can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to get in there.
an hour max. anything past that and I run out of gas
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

an hour max. anything past that and I run out of gas
View Quote
lets say you burn 250 extra cals in an hour 4 days a week. thats 1k calories burned.
Get on it man. its only going to help you.

read my signature. :D
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
blending them with other shit in a smoothie is a great way to get down some hard avocados or use a bunch of them up before they go bad
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow good thread and keep at it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

blending them with other shit in a smoothie is a great way to get down some hard avocados or use a bunch of them up before they go bad
View Quote
I got tired of cutting. So no care.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I figured you would get a laugh out of this.

I started keto on Sunday. Still had some junk in the house for the little one to munch on and was just ignoring it for the meals the fie and I were having. Unbeknownst to me, he had been playing with the dials in the fridge yesterday. We came home tonight and everything was warm with the freezer having a small puddle inside it from a leaking bag of a cockpit meal. That's one way to clean out the fridge of everything bad. . He was bawling when I tossed his little carrots and cheese sticks in the compost bin since they were contaminated by other stuff. I think he learned his lesson. Looks like I have a fridge stocking party in store and it will be keto friendly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I figured you would get a laugh out of this.

I started keto on Sunday. Still had some junk in the house for the little one to munch on and was just ignoring it for the meals the fie and I were having. Unbeknownst to me, he had been playing with the dials in the fridge yesterday. We came home tonight and everything was warm with the freezer having a small puddle inside it from a leaking bag of a cockpit meal. That's one way to clean out the fridge of everything bad. . He was bawling when I tossed his little carrots and cheese sticks in the compost bin since they were contaminated by other stuff. I think he learned his lesson. Looks like I have a fridge stocking party in store and it will be keto friendly.
View Quote
Oh man that sucks....at least you had good reason to toss the food at that point.

That was always one of my hang ups is I hated wasting food by tossing it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
296.4 this morning.

You have like half of a day for a perfect avocado. It's hard as a rock, perfect for 12 hours, then rotten.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You have like half of a day for a perfect avocado. It's hard as a rock, perfect for 12 hours, then rotten.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
296.4 this morning.

Yeah no lie...I wish I could grow them in the back yard..lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Update...still trucking on the diet.

Not really interested in carbs at this time. I am convinced that the insulin spike you get has some type of dopamine response in the brain causing you to crave sugar as a drug.

Weight is staying around 294, I'll see how it goes next couple of days and then I will have a carb night to get things going again.

As far as mental health....I think the diet is really helping me handle the stress at work. Also...I have been able to go a few days to the fishing camp, not to fish but to fix a few things and that always makes me feel wonderful.

I could never not live close to the water. It would drive me nuts.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not really interested in carbs at this time. I am convinced that the insulin spike you get has some type of dopamine response in the brain causing you to crave sugar as a drug.

Weight is staying around 294, I'll see how it goes next couple of days and then I will have a carb night to get things going again.

As far as mental health....I think the diet is really helping me handle the stress at work. Also...I have been able to go a few days to the fishing camp, not to fish but to fix a few things and that always makes me feel wonderful.

View Quote
Yep. We naturally seek sweet things for instant energy. I had a documentary on in the background from Amazon Prime with a guy from Australia that always ate healthy on his own but went on a sugar filled diet typical of the average Australian and he went into detail on how he started to feel depressed and began to crave sugar. It is interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#31]
imo you should do some kind of good all around physical activity to get the rest of the "sugar" out of your system.
Sounds like you are on the right track anyhow.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Personally, I wouldn't do a carb night yet. Stick with it and you'll break through. Right now you're still working on forming the habit. Breaking that routine too early can make it harder down the road to stick with it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Personally, I wouldn't do a carb night yet. Stick with it and you'll break through. Right now you're still working on forming the habit. Breaking that routine too early can make it harder down the road to stick with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's a good point.

Maybe I'll just wait until I am solidly in the 280s.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

that's a good point.

View Quote
yeah carb nights are for if you get stuck for a while. I am still waiting for you to hit 280s so i can set another goal for you since that's my job
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

that's a good point.

View Quote
I would wait until you're really stuck, like 3 weeks at a minimum. Your weight won't consistently drop day by day or even week by week sometimes. You've got a long way to go before you need to think about a carb night.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Update. I did some carbs on mother's day. The food sucked, so it wasn't even worth it. lol

anyhow, 296 this morning and 45 1/2" almost 45 on the waist. So I am still losing inches which is good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Update. I did some carbs on mother's day. The food sucked, so it wasn't even worth it. lol

anyhow, 296 this morning and 45 1/2" almost 45 on the waist. So I am still losing inches which is good.
View Quote
how is the gym going?
you have to burn off those carbs you ate...
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
how is the gym going?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

how is the gym going?
Still no gym...But I have been shoveling and hauling wheel barrows of dirt all this week. Not gym work, I know.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Still no gym...But I have been shoveling and hauling wheel barrows of dirt all this week. Not gym work, I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how is the gym going?
You need Cola Warrior in your life.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You need Cola Warrior in your life.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#41]
293.4 this morning and waist at 45" even.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Good job, man.  Stick with it.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I've hit a plateau.  Hard.   Been 265 (minus 41 lbs) for two weeks now.  I think I'm eating too many walnuts and pecans.  But they're just so tasty!

Monthly weight loss since 12/12/16 has been 12, 12, 4, 5, 7.  And now I'm parked.  Guess it's time to change things up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good job, man.  Stick with it.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I've hit a plateau.  Hard.   Been 265 (minus 41 lbs) for two weeks now.  I think I'm eating too many walnuts and pecans.  But they're just so tasty!

Monthly weight loss since 12/12/16 has been 12, 12, 4, 5, 7.  And now I'm parked.  Guess it's time to change things up.
View Quote
thanks, 293 this morning.

it's probably the pecans. Same thing happened to me last time I was in keto years ago
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Keep up the work. I hit 202 this week from 265-275 in december.

Tried for 2 years.  Finally decided it was for real this time. No excuses.

Lost 9 inches on my waist, almost to a medium shirt from an xl being tight before. Ill have a visible 6 pack forming by August 1 at this rate.

Im so in tune with it now that i know exactly how much ill lose by what i eat.  Im currently doing 1.8 pounds a week. Was only .6 a week last month bc i got lazy. I want to hit 190 (I'm 5'9" but very stocky) and then throw away my scale and work on getting shredded.

Dare i say my v taper from highschool is starting to come back.

I have so much energy now. 12 hour work day,  workout 90 minutes then work on my house and investment stuff. I still only take a 10 minute lunch and go harder than all the fellas at work.

At my last job i would be exhausted after a 30 hour emergency shift.  We had a big blizzard last month and i went 67 hours straight to feel the same level of fatigue.

Keep making yourself better!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Keep up the work. I hit 202 this week from 265-275 in december.

Tried for 2 years.  Finally decided it was for real this time. No excuses.

Lost 9 inches on my waist, almost to a medium shirt from an xl being tight before. Ill have a visible 6 pack forming by August 1 at this rate.

Im so in tune with it now that i know exactly how much ill lose by what i eat.  Im currently doing 1.8 pounds a week. Was only .6 a week last month bc i got lazy. I want to hit 190 (I'm 5'9" but very stocky) and then throw away my scale and work on getting shredded.

Dare i say my v taper from highschool is starting to come back.

I have so much energy now. 12 hour work day,  workout 90 minutes then work on my house and investment stuff. I still only take a 10 minute lunch and go harder than all the fellas at work.

At my last job i would be exhausted after a 30 hour emergency shift.  We had a big blizzard last month and i went 67 hours straight to feel the same level of fatigue.

Keep making yourself better!
View Quote
That's awesome man!

I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I am slowly plugging along.

I have been working every night trying to finish the things on this house so I can enjoy father's day next weekend.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#46]
weight myself this morning, 291.2 getting there almost in the 280s.

I am going to take a waist measurement tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good work chubby!

Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Keep it up, man.  Baby steps.

I'm six months in.  Have lost 47 lbs, down to 259.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good work chubby!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good work chubby!

thanks,
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Keep it up, man.  Baby steps.

I'm six months in.  Have lost 47 lbs, down to 259.
View Quote
yep...it;s slow to happen due to not going to the gym, but at least my blood sugars, lipids and pressure are all good.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top