Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get some food delivered?
View Quote

What Ike pizza?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Down from 303 to 289.4 this morning after breakfast.

Crap, I forgot pics. Will upload later.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What Ike pizza?

Thanks.
View Quote

Didn't even place last year playing fair, so my plan this year is sabotage.

Jimmy John's will deliver, and I'm sure other places do also.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Well lads, I weighed in today at 199 even.

Since that's the lowest I've seen in half a decade, I'm assuming I didn't completely screw the pooch over the holidays.

Time to keep going!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well lads, I weighed in today at 199 even.

Since that's the lowest I've seen in half a decade, I'm assuming I didn't completely screw the pooch over the holidays.

Time to keep going!
View Quote

Well done!  Keep it up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:48:26 AM EDT
[#6]
@Shane333

My personal goals: Tone up. Bring my body fat percentage down towards 15% while increasing muscle mass, maintaining overall weight around 165 lbs.

What is your specific plan to go about hitting you goals?

How about 185 pounds AND 15% BF....
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@Shane333

My personal goals: Tone up. Bring my body fat percentage down towards 15% while increasing muscle mass, maintaining overall weight around 165 lbs.

View Quote

How did I miss that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
2 weeks in, starting weight 229, this morning 224.5

So far I am just lifting 4 times a week, no cardio/HIIT.

Once I stall on the weight loss I will add in the HIIT.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Shane333

View Quote

Hmmm...OK, I'll have to flesh out the details for achieving my goals.  Not sure about going north of 170 lbs just yet.  Perhaps because it's taken about 1 & 1/2 decades to lose the fat and get below 170.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hmmm...OK, I'll have to flesh out the details for achieving my goals.  Not sure about going north of 170 lbs just yet.  Perhaps because it's taken about 1 & 1/2 decades to lose the fat and get below 170.
View Quote

Your weight loss will be more resilient and a lot easier to maintain if you add 15lbs of muscle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:17:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your weight loss will be more resilient and a lot easier to maintain if you add 15lbs of muscle.
View Quote

Not to mention he will look like a completely different person.  You will be amazed and what 15 pounds of muscle does to how you look and FUNCTION as a human.  Everything is lighter to move around, your physical work capacity from heavy barbells will skyrocket.

Shane333 you know what I've done over the last several years with moving people....nobody can hold a candle to me when moving people due to my increased work capacity, which can only be attributed to adding 25 pounds of mostly muscle in the last few years.  I will be carrying a couch up the stairs with another guy who goes to the gym, farts around, and does some cardio.  As far as he is concerned he works out.  I smoke him moving heavy stuff upstairs....even in the cardio aspect.  He is huffing and puffing and I don't feel anything.  Its actually kinda fun.  

If you go for strength and size for the next year, you'd add 15 pounds of muscle, and most of the excess fat you wanna lose would just take care of itself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not to mention he will look like a completely different person.  You will be amazed and what 15 pounds of muscle does to how you look and FUNCTION as a human.  Everything is lighter to move around, your physical work capacity from heavy barbells will skyrocket.

Shane333 you know what I've done over the last several years with moving people....nobody can hold a candle to me when moving people due to my increased work capacity, which can only be attributed to adding 25 pounds of mostly muscle in the last few years.  I will be carrying a couch up the stairs with another guy who goes to the gym, farts around, and does some cardio.  As far as he is concerned he works out.  I smoke him moving heavy stuff upstairs....even in the cardio aspect.  He is huffing and puffing and I don't feel anything.  Its actually kinda fun.  

If you go for strength and size for the next year, you'd add 15 pounds of muscle, and most of the excess fat you wanna lose would just take care of itself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't doubt you, but for right now I'm going to focus on swapping out lbs. of fat for lbs. of muscle, not so much increasing overall body mass just yet.  I wouldn't mind getting together so you can give me some training, though.

Updated my goals post with my current plan.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#13]
6'2"
206.8lbs
28y/o
Flabby pos

Moved during the holidays totally lost it

Last triathlon I did was an LD 03 format 9/26/16 and I was 178lbs on race day. Gained almost 30 pounds and lost all swimming/cycling/running muscle.

Goals are PR in spring sprint tri late April
Sub 8min/mi 10k and sub 7min/mi 5k

Sub 1:45 half marathon

Top 50% in my age group for AG Nationals Olympic distance tri in August in Omaha

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
6'2"
206.8lbs
28y/o
Flabby pos

Moved during the holidays totally lost it

Last triathlon I did was an LD 03 format 9/26/16 and I was 178lbs on race day. Gained almost 30 pounds and lost all swimming/cycling/running muscle.

Goals are PR in spring sprint tri late April
Sub 8min/mi 10k and sub 7min/mi 5k

Sub 1:45 half marathon

Top 50% in my age group for AG Nationals Olympic distance tri in August in Omaha

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319551/IMG-1942-128756.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319551/IMG-1941-128755.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/319551/IMG-1939-128754.JPG
View Quote

You need to eat more protein.  TM
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You need to eat more protein.  TM
View Quote

agreed and less beer

Whats "TM"
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

agreed and less beer

Whats "TM"
View Quote

Trade mark.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's where I was at the start, basically the same as last year's entry

Now I've dropped 20 pounds since those pictures were taken:

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Great to see the air brushes being deployed!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here's where I was at the start, basically the same as last year's entry

Now I've dropped 20 pounds since those pictures were taken:
View Quote

nice!  great progress.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Late to the party, but I'm in. 

35 yrs. old 
6'1"
238 lbs.
Goal is to shed weight and get to 190, and just better overall health.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Jan 1 , Mt. Dew went to 2-3 20oz bottles a day and a couple beers every few nights to nothing.  Today , start of day 22 WITHOUT any soda or beer.    First few days with no nectar of the gods was rough but seem to be ok now.  I may have a beer in Feb or at least a drink but I know I'll need the Mt. Dew version of AA if I even have one.

Been eating ultra clean all month with my wife, she wants to be all Whole30 / super paleo with no dairy, no wheat, veggies and some fruits...its tough when you dont like veggies
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jan 1 , Mt. Dew went to 2-3 20oz bottles a day and a couple beers every few nights to nothing.  Today , start of day 22 WITHOUT any soda or beer.    First few days with no nectar of the gods was rough but seem to be ok now.  I may have a beer in Feb or at least a drink but I know I'll need the Mt. Dew version of AA if I even have one.

Been eating ultra clean all month with my wife, she wants to be all Whole30 / super paleo with no dairy, no wheat, veggies and some fruits...its tough when you dont like veggies
View Quote

I don't eat veggies.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I found my running shoes last night.

At least something, right.... lol

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't eat veggies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't eat veggies.

Way out West - I used to suck Mtn Dew down. I love me some Diet Dew nowadays. It's the only diet coke I can drink.

@KaiK - I don't either I tolerate salad as a delivery vehicle for bacon and ranch, spaghetti squash is pretty ok. Fiancée and I made zucchini noodles the last few nights and it's ok.

I would much rather have corn, rice, and potatoes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Way out West - I used to suck Mtn Dew down. I love me some Diet Dew nowadays. It's the only diet coke I can drink.

@KaiK - I don't either I tolerate salad as a delivery vehicle for bacon and ranch, spaghetti squash is pretty ok. Fiancée and I made zucchini noodles the last few nights and it's ok.

I would much rather have corn, rice, and potatoes.
View Quote

Spaghetti squash and meat balls is pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Spaghetti squash and meat balls is pretty good.
View Quote

We'll do that or meat sauce.

We made alfredo sauce for the zoodles. I'd slap that on a brick and would enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah spaghetti squash works well with a basic sauce, zero complaints , and cauliflower as a replacement for rice also works, plain cauliflower, yeah not so much yet
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Bird's Eye has frozen riced cauliflower that we've tried. Pretty ok, I use it instead of rice when we have a roast in the crockpot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#29]
3 weeks in today, started at 229, today was 223.5

Here is a gay selfie progress pic:

Pumba if you see this, I am digging those plate raises you told me about, in a matter of weeks I could tell a difference.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Pumba if you see this, I am digging those plate raises you told me about, in a matter of weeks I could tell a difference.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/81840/IMG-2751-132688.JPG
View Quote

You win.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You win.
Fuggin A.....

down to 185 not as much muscle as I would like
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fuggin A.....

down to 185 not as much muscle as I would like
View Quote

Its funny, in high school I was 6 3 and 150 pounds.   I was an absolute bean pole, and to top it off I had this really long skinny pencil neck.  I was made fun of for it, so I am PETRIFIED of being too skinny.  I was so skinny for so long I seriously got a complex.

I begged my parents to let me grow my hair out in the back to try and hide my skinny neck, I always wore shirts with collars to try and hide it.

Crazy how that can have such an impact on you.

So when you say you are at 185 and not as much muscle as you want, that is my biggest fear.  If I can manage to lean out good I don't want to look skinny.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Down 6lbs....
222 this morning.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Down 6lbs....
222 this morning.
View Quote

Word!
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm down 15 or 17 lbs I can't remember exactly where I started. It was about 235 now 217.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Down to 280 from 303.

I like calibers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are badass.
Dedicate an entire workout to traps if you want the cobra traps.
The high rack pulls superset plate raises.
Chin raises(careful with the shoulders) superset with heavy shrugs on Smith
Farms carry with heavy weight until you can't farmers carry anymore. I grab the 120s and walk 50 yards. For as many times as my grip can take it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Down 10 lbs.
218 this morning!
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Well here's my entry. Better late than never I suppose.

Right now weighing in at 219.6

Height 5' 6"

Hit two years next month from the time I left the military where I was 175. Yeah can't believe I've let myself go this way.

So here I am.

Goals from now on.

NO sodas.
Gym 4+ days a week
Start a diet, eating healthy.
Get back to 165-170

Will upload my pics from today when I figure out how from a iphone.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I did not eat very good this weekend, not terrible but not too good.

I'm not gonna weigh this week, don't wanna get discouraged.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I did not eat very good this weekend, not terrible but not too good.

I'm not gonna weigh this week, don't wanna get discouraged.
View Quote

Same here, but since I'm the head track coach I get to run with the kids.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Hopped on the scale over the weekend and I'm up to 126.6. So a little progress. Not a visual difference but I definitely am making strength progress. I could barely do bad form 2 pull ups when I started and can now do 3 with good form. Missed my workout today because I just clean ran out of time and daylight. Really gonna focus on the calories and workout over the next 2 weeks and then hop on the scale again. On a side note 2 Thursdays ago I woke up with the left side of my neck really sore. I think Wednesday I pulled a muscle at work. Over the last part of last week it was feeling almost fine. Then Sunday I woke up to it sore and tight feeling. Today has been worse, I guess I reagrivated it. Will push ups, pull ups, or chin ups hurt it or risk aggravating it at all? I really don't want to do something to make it even worse.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Down 9 lbs. 229 this afternoon after work
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hopped on the scale over the weekend and I'm up to 126.6. So a little progress. Not a visual difference but I definitely am making strength progress. I could barely do bad form 2 pull ups when I started and can now do 3 with good form. Missed my workout today because I just clean ran out of time and daylight. Really gonna focus on the calories and workout over the next 2 weeks and then hop on the scale again. On a side note 2 Thursdays ago I woke up with the left side of my neck really sore. I think Wednesday I pulled a muscle at work. Over the last part of last week it was feeling almost fine. Then Sunday I woke up to it sore and tight feeling. Today has been worse, I guess I reagrivated it. Will push ups, pull ups, or chin ups hurt it or risk aggravating it at all? I really don't want to do something to make it even worse.
View Quote

Poor form with chin ups and pull ups can really injure your neck. Make sure you're looking straight ahead in a neutral position while doing them and don't let the muscles in your neck tense up while doing them. It's very easy to do that while struggling on the bar. Think about which muscles are involved (biceps, lats, shoulder, etc.) and tighten those specifically while doing the reps and it might help to limit any further neck pain.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#45]
6 miles today. I'm tired.

Who wants to split a 12 pack?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, looks like I'm in!

I'm (now) about 5' 8 1/2" (used to be just shy of 5' 10").

I'll 52 y/o mid-April.

I was 235# about 10 months ago, before going PALEO and hitting my home-gym, sprinting and doing kettle bell swings, snatches and Turkish get-ups. It only took about 4 months or so for me to drop 65# - going from tight-fitting 38" slacks to 32-33's.

Then. . . I found a full-time girlfriend! Ugh! LOL

Now, I've probably put 15-20# back on and am super-pissed at myself for losing the discipline of which I was so proud. I feel it everyday: pain in my feet, hips, back and shoulders. Hell, even my super-charged libido has suffered (albeit, not that much!)! So, I'm determined to get back on the PALEO bus and finish the job I started last year.

My biggest problem is my absolute LOVE of IPA's. Yeah. For the longest time, I'd not touch 'em through the week - choosing to have several on the weekends, while only eating super-lean meats and salads. That worked, but stress and my lack of discipline finally had me back to two or three (or more) per night - plus, my tiny girlfriend is no fan of PALEO-foods (at least, not all the time). Fat-laden-meat and salad bores her to tears (makes her grouchy, too!), so I've fallen off the no/low carb menu meal-train and I've got to get back on.

Plus, my weight-loss had dropped my BP considerably, but last Dr's visit, it was higher than ever (199/100) and I'm back on BP meds. So, something's got to change!

This time 'round, I'm hoping to track things a bit better, too. I like what I've learned about KETO and hope to get/stay as close to that as I can - as much as I can. I do love my beer/bourbon/wine, so it's going to be a challenge, but I figure whatever I do on the weekends can be offset (to a large degree) by time spent in the gym/swinging kettlebells and getting back to my aforementioned sprint-sets. (Damn! I wish I had a place for a chin-up bar, but alas. Until spring, I'll have to make do with other things like pull-downs and such.)

My goal is 170# +/- again, but this time, have the four-to-sixpack (I could only see after a serious workout) become a permanent feature and for the majority of my pain to cease and desist! And I want to be comfortably back in 32" jeans and slacks.

If I do that, my crazy libido is sure to follow - plus, I'll be able to bust ass at work too! I'm taking a promotion which will definitely require more effort and commitment. You'd think insurance sales wouldn't really require physical stamina, but you'd be wrong. Physical and MENTAL endurance/flexibility is everything in my line of work and I can tell I've been in a fog since allowing carbs/glutens back into my diet.

Fuck that!

Thanks for the motivation, guys!

Pics coming when I get around to it . . . For now, it's time to grill up a nicely-marbled ribeye!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Probably going to be 215 tomorrow. But after that going to eat at least half a cheesecake.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Probably going to be 215 tomorrow. But after that going to eat at least half a cheesecake.
View Quote

Amateur. After I hit 280 I had a large Domino's pizza with double cheese and double Italian sausage plus a 2L of Pepsi and about 6 fingers of bourbon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Amateur. After I hit 280 I had a large Domino's pizza with double cheese and double Italian sausage plus a 2L of Pepsi and about 6 fingers of bourbon.
View Quote

I've been drinking lots of bourbon and losing weight. But not pizza or Pepsi.  

There are 2 birthdays this week and it rumored both will have cheesecake.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:06:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've been drinking lots of bourbon and losing weight. But not pizza or Pepsi.  

There are 2 birthdays this week and it rumored both will have cheesecake.  
View Quote

Mine is this coming Monday. I may not be in ketosis for a while.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top