Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 12:34:15 PM EDT
I've been working out steady for 5 to 6 months now.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking thick, solid, tight.

What's your diet like?  Eat at a deficit?  Count your macros?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn man, where did you start out at? Looking like whatever you're doing is working
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

u aware brah?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

u aware brah?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

u aware brah?

I don't even lift

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't even lift

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

u aware brah?

I don't even lift

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't follow a routine or a great diet.  I eat a lot, but don't really count or weigh anything.  I'm 5'6" and 155 pounds.  I work hard, but other than that I don't follow any scientific process.

I have a strong belief in lifting heavy on bench, squat, and deadlift.  I go heavy on each of those once a week pyramid up to a heavy double or single.  I also do kind of a bro split thing on lighter high rep days.  I will start with the main lift for example squats but don't go heavy and do high reps.  Then the rest of the workout will be assistance lifts.

I don't really plan it out and my rest day comes anywhere in the week when my body says I need it then I sleep all day.  So I work out 6 days a week.  It might look like this:

Sunday:    Heavy squat day work up to a heavy single.
Monday:   Light bench high rep day w/ assistance such as dumbbells on flat/incline/decline bench.  Dips etc.
Tuesday:  heavy deadlift and back work
Wednesday:  rest
Thursday:  Light squat high rep day with assistance work
Friday:  Heavy bench day work up to a heavy single
Saturday:  Light back day rows etc.

I have my own weight room in my house.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't follow a routine or a great diet.  I eat a lot, but don't really count or weigh anything.  I'm 5'6" and 155 pounds.  I work hard, but other than that I don't follow any scientific process.

I have a strong belief in lifting heavy on bench, squat, and deadlift.  I go heavy on each of those once a week pyramid up to a heavy double or single.  I also do kind of a bro split thing on lighter high rep days.  I will start with the main lift for example squats but don't go heavy and do high reps.  Then the rest of the workout will be assistance lifts.

I don't really plan it out and my rest day comes anywhere in the week when my body says I need it then I sleep all day.  So I work out 6 days a week.  It might look like this:

Monday:   Light bench high rep day w/ assistance such as dumbbells on flat/incline/decline bench.  Dips etc.

View Quote

Awesome work man. Like I said before, alot of power in a small package. You know there is something missing from that program right? And your pictures show it!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

u aware brah?

I don't even lift

http://cdn.head-fi.org/7/7e/900x900px-LL-7ee0ca37_BertStare.jpg

Why lift when it's all about the face

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Awesome work man. Like I said before, alot of power in a small package. You know there is something missing from that program right? And your pictures show it!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me man!  I can add in and change it up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arm day brah, arm day.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Arm day brah, arm day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arm day brah, arm day.

LOL damn it I'm going to go do some curls right now !!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Just a short one minute clip from my speed bag workout last night...just to show lifting heavy doesn't make you slow.  I'm 41 years old by the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eg7qjKGCVI
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#13]
This has become a bragging thread.

And I approve!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And I approve!
View Quote

Thank you  I'm proud...My results show my work ethic.  I don't follow a proven routine, count calories, or follow any scientific approach.  I believe in a few basic principles and use the forms on the 3 main lifts like Rippetoe teaches them.  I make sure I eat my eggs and I eat all the yokes.  I eat out a lot and often have deserts.  I had a vanilla malt and a large chocolate chip cookie with my tenderloin from maid rite last night as my last meal of the day.  I drank a glass of milk with it and had a protein shake about an hour after the meal before bed.  

My point is:  In my opinion people starting out or even intermediate lifters should worry less about perfect diets and perfect by the book routines and just work their ass off.  Of course correct forms and a few basic principles are important, but fuck weighing food or counting calories.  Go ahead and eat out when you want and enjoy eating

I may get to the point soon where I need to improve my routine and diet as my progress slows, but we'll see.  I'm all about increasing chest size at the moment as well as getting my squat numbers up.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thank you  I'm proud...My results show my work ethic.  I don't follow a proven routine, count calories, or follow any scientific approach.  I believe in a few basic principles and use the forms on the 3 main lifts like Rippetoe teaches them.  I make sure I eat my eggs and I eat all the yokes.  I eat out a lot and often have deserts.  I had a vanilla malt and a large chocolate chip cookie with my tenderloin from maid rite last night as my last meal of the day.  I drank a glass of milk with it and had a protein shake about an hour after the meal before bed.  

My point is:  In my opinion people starting out or even intermediate lifters should worry less about perfect diets and perfect by the book routines and just work their ass off.  Of course correct forms and a few basic principles are important, but fuck weighing food or counting calories.  Go ahead and eat out when you want and enjoy eating

I may get to the point soon where I need to improve my routine and diet as my progress slows, but we'll see.  I'm all about increasing chest size at the moment as well as getting my squat numbers up.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I approve!

I would say you are blessed with a good metabolism and good genetics. I on the other hand have to keep my shit in check or I'm 400lbs of lardass. But your work ethic is what really shows. I applaud your work and dedication.

Now grill another steak and throw three plates on the bar and bench that mother fucker!

ETA
Try dips. Those have made my chest explode and bench weight go up. Make sure your doing the chest version and not the triceps version.

Squats----fuck squats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top