Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2016 3:31:08 PM EDT
Ive been thinking about changing to a different whey protein and a few guys from work said that Isopure is one of the best and cleanest out there.  Now I know opinions are like assholes and that everyone has one, however I was wondering if it is worth it.  If not, what else is out there that is better and doesn't taste like garbage that you guys would recommend?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I would use Labdoor to make your decision.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Myprotein tends to be the go-to around here, for good reason. It's good, and it's cheap. Always google for coupon codes before ordering, you generally can get 10-20% off the normal prices.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Isopure is great, but it's pretty expensive.

I switched to myprotein concentrate, it's so cheap that you can double down on it per shake and still be money ahead.

As far as mixing, taste and how it digests for me, it's practically the same as isopure.

I got 11 lbs on the last sale for something like $60
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I like isopure but its kinda on the expensive side.  I liked all the flavors Ive tried except for one. chocolate, coffee/espresso, and vanilla were all good and mix well.  Tropical pineapple orange (name could be wrong on that one) was so nasty that I gave it away to my brother in law for free.  Normally if I find one I dont like Ill just finish it and not buy that one again.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Never heardp of Myprotein before today.  Looked them up and they have a special until midnight for 2x 2.2# bags for $25, or 2x 11# bags for $105.  I was tempted to order the 22# deal, but figured I'd better make sure it wasn't terrible first so I went with the 4.4#. Even the regular prices look good.  I've been using TrueNutrition powder for the last 2 years, so will see how this compares. Thanks for the tip to those who mentioned it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
A bit costly, but very low carb count if that matters. Also very low cholesterol count.. Usually get the big bucket from Amazon for $92. Lasts 2 months exactly
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would use Labdoor to make your decision.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Myprotein tends to be the go-to around here, for good reason. It's good, and it's cheap. Always google for coupon codes before ordering, you generally can get 10-20% off the normal prices.
View Quote

This x1000. Isopure is good but extremely expensive. Myprotein is cheap, high quality, and has good service.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking for some protein to start supplementing, what flavors do you recommend?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the Six Star which is sold at Walgreens or the Body Fortress from Walmart. Both get A ratings from the above website- I just buy which ever brand is on sale at any given time.

The Chocolate Body Fortress actually tastes great and I love it. Try it out, for 17 bucks a bucket you can't lose. They also have a choco/peanut butter flavor that smells like a Resses Peanut Butter Cup, I'm dying to try that one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use the Six Star which is sold at Walgreens or the Body Fortress from Walmart. Both get A ratings from the above website- I just buy which ever brand is on sale at any given time.

The Chocolate Body Fortress actually tastes great and I love it. Try it out, for 17 bucks a bucket you can't lose. They also have a choco/peanut butter flavor that smells like a Resses Peanut Butter Cup, I'm dying to try that one.
View Quote

Contains Acesulfame Potassium and Sucralose

I bought some once because I ran out of plain, it was nasty. I gave it away.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It also has gut irritants like xantham gum and... Another name I can't remember.  Both make me pretty sick.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top