Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2016 11:52:10 AM EDT
I have an orig. nordictrack ski machine with a monitor.  Haven't had it long, lucked out on craigslist.  Had to order the cord for pulse and all the monitor functions were working fine until recently.  The pulse function just quit.  You attach it to ear lobe.  Don't really know how accurate it was.  

I found a used monitor on ebay for around $60.  Should I do that or get a wrist monitor in that price range or lower?  

https://www.walmart.com/browse/sports-outdoors/heart-rate-monitors/polar/4125_4134_1078104_1078145/YnJhbmQ6UG9sYXIie

the polar unit description doesn't mention a chest band but it may have one as mentioned in a review.  I was hoping to find a wrist unit without the added trouble of using the band.   Do you just get used to the band if it has one or is there a wrist unit that is accurate without one in the same price range or lower?  

I've had no experience with monitoring heart rate so would appreciate any insight.   Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Fingertip Pulse/Ox devices can be had for $20 bucks these days.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fingertip Pulse/Ox devices can be had for $20 bucks these days.
View Quote

thanks, I'll check that out.   I believe my Dr mentioned that last time in while on the subject but I couldn't recall what he said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top