Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 12:56:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Muscle Milk will give you cancer....

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2010/06/maker-of-protein-drinks-responds-to-cu-s-investigation/index.htm

I know I know, it's derp but made me rethink the whole protein powder industry. In my research, a great deal of "American" whey protein comes from China.

Buyer beware.

Quoted:
Atleast at the one we go to, the 5lb bag of Muscle Milk whey is marked down to $31.99.  I'm sure there are better bulk deals around, but that's a pretty screamin deal for me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for doing the usual ARFCOM thing and shitting nonsense into an inoquous thread.  Consumer Reports has been bunk for years and you probably get just as much arsenic from eating rice daily or as much cadmium from handling change.  Learn to interpret academic research and rely less on alarmist headlines with big let-down stories to them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2010/06/maker-of-protein-drinks-responds-to-cu-s-investigation/index.htm

I know I know, it's derp but made me rethink the whole protein powder industry. In my research, a great deal of "American" whey protein comes from China.

Buyer beware.

Quoted:
Atleast at the one we go to, the 5lb bag of Muscle Milk whey is marked down to $31.99.  I'm sure there are better bulk deals around, but that's a pretty screamin deal for me.

Thanks for doing the usual ARFCOM thing and shitting nonsense into an inoquous thread.  Consumer Reports has been bunk for years and you probably get just as much arsenic from eating rice daily or as much cadmium from handling change.  Learn to interpret academic research and rely less on alarmist headlines with big let-down stories to them.

Oh my damn!

Too bad whey gives me the runs. I'd be all over that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Haha, and thank you for the usual ARFCOM response of not getting a joke and getting all holier than thou. Of course, buying cheap protein probably has you on the shitter most of the day so I can understand the angst.

May your gains be fruitful

Oh and I googled "Consumer Reports bunk" and nothing came up. Go figure.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buyer beware.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Tastes like ass...

But only learned that after I bought a bag...

Hahaha
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tastes like ass...

Hahaha
View Quote

I couldn't remember when I first saw this thread, but I recalled the bag protein being pretty nasty, coming from regular Muscle Milk powder at that time.  

Our CostCo has this same deal going, but also has 6lb (I think) Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold bags for like $60, so I'm waiting for that to go on sale to give a try.  We normally time our protein powder purchases to when CostCo has them on sale and buy like 4 bags/tubs to get us through to the next sale.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tastes like ass...

Hahaha
View Quote

Thx for the heads up OP...I wish it was the Gold Standard Whey.  Muscle milk gives me a stomach ache for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I couldn't remember when I first saw this thread, but I recalled the bag protein being pretty nasty, coming from regular Muscle Milk powder at that time.  

Our CostCo has this same deal going, but also has 6lb (I think) Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold bags for like $60, so I'm waiting for that to go on sale to give a try.  We normally time our protein powder purchases to when CostCo has them on sale and buy like 4 bags/tubs to get us through to the next sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tastes like ass...

Hahaha

Thats the good stuff right there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tastes like ass...

Hahaha

That's what I use. My wife loves it too. We go through it like crazy.

Muscle milk has a weird consistency. Almost gummy or something. If you were pressed for money, it'd do. But otherwise I'm getting better stuff.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tastes like ass...

Hahaha
View Quote

I only had the cookies and cream and I liked it
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I usually use MyProtein and ON, but DPS had a sale a while back on some Muscle Milk. I got the Blueberrys and Cream and its horrible. Its collecting dust for now until Im out of protein
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thx for the heads up OP...I wish it was the Gold Standard Whey.  Muscle milk gives me a stomach ache for some reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tastes like ass...

Hahaha

Yep, I won't use anything with Xantham Gum or Carragenan in it, they are intended to modify the texture but they make me sick.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top