Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 5:32:54 PM EDT
Checked them out at a local RoadRunner. Externally, they look nice but they really tightened up that toe box. Way to narrow\snug for my liking.

Funny, most people were saying they had the fit of the 4.0's and I wore my 4.0s this weekend for a workout and they were much roomier in the toe box than that 6.0.

Oh well, I love the 5's and really love the Metcons. I really hope Nike doesn't manage to find a way to screw up the Metcons.

The Lalo Tactical shoes were some of my first "training" shoes and while I like them, they need to move the design forward.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Nano 2.0's or Lite TR 2.0's. Everything else has too narrow or low of a toe box.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried the 5's? Very nice toe box on those with tons of horizontal toe mobility. I guess people complain about too much toe fabric on the 5's but I love them.

I do have a pair of the 2's and while they do have a nice toe box, I found them to have a little too much "play" in them. I felt like they were not supporting my foot as securely as later models have.

I do like the 2's a lot though as they are super comfy. Probably the only nano that I would wear outside the gym.

I also want to try the new JJ Trainer (JJ Watt's shoe). It's getting good reviews as a nice crossover shoe.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nano 2.0's or Lite TR 2.0's. Everything else has too narrow or low of a toe box.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
5s are the best. I'm going to buy a couple pairs when they go on sale to clear room for 6s....or have they already?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Guess I need to head to the outlet and try some 5's.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
5s are the best. I'm going to buy a couple pairs when they go on sale to clear room for 6s....or have they already?
View Quote

I found some for $62 shipped on eBay but I already have the lower model crossfit shoes from reebok so I bought some squat shoes instead.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I need to get some 5's.

Just bought a new pair of running shoes... And cycking shoes.

And my girl is laughing at me because I legitimately own 16 pairs of shoes between dress and athletics...

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 5s, but like the 4s the best.  Specifically the navy seal version w/ the wetsuit material under the laces.  Best shoes ever.  The sole on mine is now starting to come apart, but I'll buy new ones if they get too bad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Had to google search for those since I had never heard of them. Honor Pack they were called. They look absolutely bad a$$.

Quoted:
I have 5s, but like the 4s the best.  Specifically the navy seal version w/ the wetsuit material under the laces.  Best shoes ever.  The sole on mine is now starting to come apart, but I'll buy new ones if they get too bad.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
i'm intrigued as I got my 5s a half size small to try and tighten the toe box up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, you'd probably like the 6's then. Toe box too tight for me.

What size 5's?

Quoted:
i'm intrigued as I got my 5s a half size small to try and tighten the toe box up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a 2E width foot and I am not a fan of the 5's. I've had 2's, 3's, 4's, and ordered 5's for a friend so I tried them on. 4's are my favorite. The toe box of the 5's feel sloppy to me and the sewn in tongue is too tight on my foot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 5s. Don't like them all that much.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#13]
It is amazing the dramatic changes these companies will make to a shoe's size and fit and still call them the same thing. Mizuno seems to be the worst about it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I can see both sides. I have grown frustrated by some running shoe companies for NOT making changes even when reviews, customers, feedback, will indicate that there is a problem. For instance, I love Altra running shoes. Love the concept. But they have failed to make any significant changes to their Paradigm shoe in over two years. This is despite critics saying their shoes wear out way to fast and cushion goes out after only a 100 miles of running.

Hoka on the other hand seems to be doing quite the opposite. They listen to feedback and release new shoes or update shoes based on the feedback. Many people have complained their shoes are far too narrow so last year they released a wide version of the Bondi and the new Clifton 3 is even as wide and the wide Bondi.

Reebok seems to be the worst when it comes to reworking their shoes. You'd think six versions in, they would have known by now what people want.

Nike so far has been pretty good. Small but good incremental changes to the Metcons have made me a big lover of the Metcons. For me, each shoe offers something different. (nano v metcon)

But yes, sometimes I look at Nike and Reeboks' product line and get dizzy with all the flavors, designs etc.

Quoted:
It is amazing the dramatic changes these companies will make to a shoe's size and fit and still call them the same thing. Mizuno seems to be the worst about it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can see both sides. I have grown frustrated by some running shoe companies for NOT making changes even when reviews, customers, feedback, will indicate that there is a problem. For instance, I love Altra running shoes. Love the concept. But they have failed to make any significant changes to their Paradigm shoe in over two years. This is despite critics saying their shoes wear out way to fast and cushion goes out after only a 100 miles of running.

Hoka on the other hand seems to be doing quite the opposite. They listen to feedback and release new shoes or update shoes based on the feedback. Many people have complained their shoes are far too narrow so last year they released a wide version of the Bondi and the new Clifton 3 is even as wide and the wide Bondi.

Reebok seems to be the worst when it comes to reworking their shoes. You'd think six versions in, they would have known by now what people want.

Nike so far has been pretty good. Small but good incremental changes to the Metcons have made me a big lover of the Metcons. For me, each shoe offers something different. (nano v metcon)

But yes, sometimes I look at Nike and Reeboks' product line and get dizzy with all the flavors, designs etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just run into issues when I trust that they will keep the same support level and fit. The wave runners were a great example of this. the 13,14, and 15's were all a medium weight neutral support running shoe with a wide toe box. The wave runner 16 was a lightweight, anti pronation shoe with a tight toebox The 17s were a high arch neutral support with a really tight toebox. I kept trying to buy the line that had worked for me for five years and its not even close to the same shoe.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#16]
You might like the New Balance Fresh Foam line...specifically the new 1080v6. It has a nice toe box with pretty good cushion and is a neutral shoe. Did not notice an overly high arch with it.

Also, I just started wearing Topo Athletic's running shoe. The Topo Ultrafly is an excellent shoe with an excellent toe box and good support. I wore them for a half marathon last month and they were great.

They are a small yet very good shoe company. You buy a shoe from them and they include a pre-printed label so you can return them if you have any problems what-so--ever.

Quoted:

I just run into issues when I trust that they will keep the same support level and fit. The wave runners were a great example of this. the 13,14, and 15's were all a medium weight neutral support running shoe with a wide toe box. The wave runner 16 was a lightweight, anti pronation shoe with a tight toebox The 17s were a high arch neutral support with a really tight toebox. I kept trying to buy the line that had worked for me for five years and its not even close to the same shoe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They do! They want what the games athletes are wearing and anything Reebok/CrossFit throws out there as new and improved/will make you faster and increase your deadlift...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have 2's and 5's. I love the 2's, hate the 5's. The way the tongue is sewn in place is the 5's is a pain in the ass. Was hoping the 6's would be more like the 2's.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have 2's and 5's. I love the 2's, hate the 5's. The way the tongue is sewn in place is the 5's is a pain in the ass. Was hoping the 6's would be more like the 2's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yah. Tongue is weird. I'm near to taking a knife to it. It makes the shoe even more uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I personally liked the original U-Forms or 1s the best. I still have 3 pair that I wear, and one pair that is long overdue for being tossed but I cant let them go.

I have versions 1-4, and haven't even bothered to try the last 2 that have come out. For me the 3s are close, but I still like the 1s better.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#21]
The wife and I stopped by the Reebok store in downtown San Diego this weekend. I tried on the new JJ Watt Trainers.

They were NICE. Excellent fit and generous toe box. It almost felt like a Nike Metcon with slightly higher ankle support. Cushion was good but not to soft that you couldn't do squats or deads in. Also, the offset is about low, I'd say about 3 to 4 mm making it an excellent training shoe.

I will probably get a pair this Labor Day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top