Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 3:29:22 PM EDT
I did a search, and couldn't find anything.

So, has anyone bought/done the program?

Thoughts?

Worth it? Not worth it? Do better just grabbing some dumbbells and going for it?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know never used it.

But you're better off lifting a barbell.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are looking for a program to start you off try looking at Kris Gethin.

Kris 12 week
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The thing is, I travel for work, and I usually don't have time to go to the "FULL BLOWN" Nice gym.

I usually have to deal with crappy, ill equipped hotel gyms, that usually have some dumb bells, and maybe a universal style weight rack.

So, just looking for guidance towards that end.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The thing is, I travel for work, and I usually don't have time to go to the "FULL BLOWN" Nice gym.

I usually have to deal with crappy, ill equipped hotel gyms, that usually have some dumb bells, and maybe a universal style weight rack.

View Quote

When you travel do you drive or fly?  If you fly, you either need to buy day passes at a real gym or if you are on site for a while you can just pay month to month.  

If you drive, go get yourself a few kettlebells.

Screw Dumbbells and screw cardio.  I say this as a guy who travels A LOT every year.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When you travel do you drive or fly?  If you fly, you either need to buy day passes at a real gym or if you are on site for a while you can just pay month to month.  

Screw Dumbbells and screw cardio.  I say this as a guy who travels A LOT every year.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kettlebells is cardio. Do 10 rounds of 10 as fast as you can. 10 swings, 10 push-ups, 10 squats.

That's what I do on the road which is pretty often.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Kettlebells is cardio. Do 10 rounds of 10 as fast as you can. 10 swings, 10 push-ups, 10 squats.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right of course.  I should have clarified - screw miles on the treadmill and other hotel gym equipment.  After doing that 10K KB challenge I'm a big fan of them.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the goal? General fitness?

Pullups, Dips, Squats
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have some friends & acquaintances who have been very happy with the Body Beast workout.

After doing it for a few months, you will find a rhythm of what works and what doesn't for your bodytype and workout preference.

For a do at home workout or travel workout, it is nice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I did a search, and couldn't find anything.

So, has anyone bought/done the program?

Thoughts?

Worth it? Not worth it? Do better just grabbing some dumbbells and going for it?

Thanks.
View Quote

I'm midway through doing it right now. The ONLY reason I'm doing it is because my wife was incessant on us doing it together. Would you be better off with your own plan? Yes, no doubt in my mind. On the other hand, will you gain muscle and a little bulk, yes no question. As with any fitness plan, diet is key. I don't necessarily follow the provided fitness plan since I found it a bit questionable, but it is a good gauge if you're just starting out. It does lack cardio in my opinion, and the "bulking" phases and "beast" phases are really too short for best results.

ETA: I will say I have quite a list of complaints about the program but again, you are doing something so you'll see results.

The downside is you need fast adjustable dumbbells or a full set of dumbbells as there often isn't much down time between sets. I have Ironmasters, and they are very frustrating to use for this program. I'll try to check back here frequently to answer any questions you may have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top