Meal 2: 8oz lean ground turkey & Random green veggie
Meal 3: 8oz lean ground turkey & Random green veggie
Meal 4: 8oz lean ground turkey & 4oz NoYolks egg noodles
Meal 5: 8oz lean ground turkey & 4oz NoYolks egg noodles
Pre Workout: 1 cup Fruit Loops w/15g whey
- Workout-
Post Workout: 1 cup Fruit Loops w/15g whey
Meal 6: 10oz lean ground turkey & 5oz NoYolks egg noodles
Meal 7: Protein Shake + 1/2 cup raw ground oats.
Bed: 2 cups cottage cheese
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I eat this daily for one meal.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm traveling for work right now, so I ate sausage and eggs at the hotel for breakfast, 5 guys bacon burger for lunch, a protein powder/raspberry/black berry smoothie for a lunch and I'm nearly at my calorie goal for the day.  100g of carbs, 187g fat and 231 protein.  

I have a 15oz NY steak in the hotel fridge (the hotel has a bbq) that I haven't decided if I'm going to eat or not tonight.  It would put me way over on calories, but it's a really good cut.  And I have asparagus to bbq with it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Will I get more nutritional value if I take a picture of the meal first?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will I get more nutritional value if I take a picture of the meal first?
View Quote

More before than after?  Yes, definitely.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn son. I admire the dedication it takes to eat like that. Do you maintain that 24/7/365? I like food and variety way too much to do that. And donuts. Gotta carb load.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I eat pretty much the same thing every day for week. The next week I'll change the meat and carb and of method of cooking for the next week. I cook for the entire week on Sunday so its just easier to keep it the same. I've been at it for over six months now. I currently hate food, but love the results.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Today is a low carb day.
http://i.imgur.com/O88iYNG.jpg
Meal 1: 6 eggs + 6oz egg whites & two rice cakes
- Workout-
View Quote

Jeebus, what do you call "Low Carb"?

80 or 100 grams?

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

80 or 100 grams?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today is a low carb day.
http://i.imgur.com/O88iYNG.jpg
Meal 1: 6 eggs + 6oz egg whites & two rice cakes
- Workout-

80 or 100 grams?

Anything under 300g total for the day. Leg and back day I easily do over 500.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Ground turkey dirt

Enjoying food is worth more to me than whatever you are doing

ETA: thought this was GD...   I stand by my statement
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I usually have eggs and a protein shake for breakfast.

Something like this for lunch.

Dinner looks like this.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ground turkey dirt

View Quote

That is probably why you are over weight.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ground turkey dirt

I'm not overweight, op's diet is unusual to me and looks like it tastes like shit.

I have nothing against healthy eating, but  enjoy variety that doesn't revolve around ground turkey.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Froot Loops? Seriously???
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you even post workout?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ground turkey dirt

View Quote

You're not wrong about the first part. But I hate all food now. Steak, fish, doesn't matter...I hate eating. I prefer ground meat so I can get it wet with something like cream of mushroom soup and shove it down as quickly as possible. Any meat I eat goes in the food processor.

Second part. So worth it. I look and feel fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#18]

I go for the cherry coke too. Gym is right next to a Publix so I walk over and grab a can right after. I can't keep it in the house though. It's my self control's kryptonite.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#19]
How long before a workout do you eat your pre-workout?  My body must be weird but I have to wait at least 3-4 hours after I eat to do anything physical.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not, since I don't know what you mean by that question.

I tasted Froot Loops once. Such a high sugar content, I couldn't stand to eat the stuff. It seemed rather odd to me that the OP would ingest such crap, what with his otherwise strict devotion to health-conscious foods.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How long before a workout do you eat your pre-workout?  My body must be weird but I have to wait at least 3-4 hours after I eat to do anything physical.
View Quote

I don't think it's weird. I wait about 3 hours after eating one meal, and do my workout right before the next meal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#22]

But a rice cooker and cook real brown rice.  Then you can reheat it as needed.  The instant stuff is not the same.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

But a rice cooker and cook real brown rice.  Then you can reheat it as needed.  The instant stuff is not the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And add chicken bullion.   Mmmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And steak tips + gravy! Mmmmmm.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

wtf is fit and active rice?
View All Quotes

Free range rice. It runs around so it's extra lean.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I tasted Froot Loops once. Such a high sugar content, I couldn't stand to eat the stuff. It seemed rather odd to me that the OP would ingest such crap, what with his otherwise strict devotion to health-conscious foods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically, in a nut shell, you want to take in simple carbs post workout which raises insulin levels and helps to drive the nutrients and replace the glycogen and glucose you used training. Thats why OP uses Froot Loops for after working out
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Basically, in a nut shell, you want to take in simple carbs post workout which raises insulin levels and helps to drive the nutrients and replace the glycogen and glucose you used training. Thats why OP uses Froot Loops for after working out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read a study recently (OK, TLDR, I read the abstract) that compared two groups of trainsers: one that consumed simple carbs post workout and a control group that did not.  The study showed that that those who consumed the carbs post-workout did replace glycogen stores faster, BUT that after 24 hours of normal eating, the glycogen stores of both groups were equally restored.  The study concluded that post workout carbs to replace glycogen work, but aren't very necessary except for athletes who train more than once per day.

I would probably also add in people who work physical jobs after training (firefighter, cops, etc).
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I read a study recently (OK, TLDR, I read the abstract) that compared two groups of trainsers: one that consumed simple carbs post workout and a control group that did not.  The study showed that that those who consumed the carbs post-workout did replace glycogen stores faster, BUT that after 24 hours of normal eating, the glycogen stores of both groups were equally restored.  The study concluded that post workout carbs to replace glycogen work, but aren't very necessary except for athletes who train more than once per day.

I would probably also add in people who work physical jobs after training (firefighter, cops, etc).
View Quote

I've posted the same multiple times.  What I haven't seen and wonder though is if there are benefits for strength training from post-workout feeding.  Is there some post-workout increase in protein breakdown and resynthesis compared to normal feeding.  I think most of the research in this area has focused on endurance training and the info on strength training is in the realm of broscience.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I've posted the same multiple times.  What I haven't seen and wonder though is if there are benefits for strength training from post-workout feeding.  Is there some post-workout increase in protein breakdown and resynthesis compared to normal feeding.  I think most of the research in this area has focused on endurance training and the info on strength training is in the realm of broscience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The nutritionist I took a seminar with, who is a lifter as well, told us to fast post-workout on heavy squat/dead days.  I guess he knows his shit because he just DLed near 600 pounds in a competition I'm in with him.  No breakfast or lunch.  Then destroy dinner.  I've never really tried that though.  I crave protein after every workout.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for explaining. But, it does leave me a bit confused. Aren't repeated, sugar-induced, insulin spikes supposed to be bad for health?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Once a day is much better than 20 times a day the rest of america does and still lives to old age.  20 grams give or take is the norm.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I eat pretty much the same thing every day for week. The next week I'll change the meat and carb and of method of cooking for the next week. I cook for the entire week on Sunday so its just easier to keep it the same. I've been at it for over six months now. I currently hate food, but love the results.
View Quote

how do those meat and noodle trays taste after 6 days in the fridge?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:The nutritionist I took a seminar with, who is a lifter as well, told us to fast post-workout on heavy squat/dead days.  I guess he knows his shit because he just DLed near 600 pounds in a competition I'm in with him.  No breakfast or lunch.  Then destroy dinner.  I've never really tried that though.  I crave protein after every workout.
View Quote

What was the reason(s) to fast post-workout?  What studies support that recommendation?  Or was it just "I did it and I deadlift 600 pounds, so I'm right and you're not."

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What was the reason(s) to fast post-workout?  What studies support that recommendation?  Or was it just "I did it and I deadlift 600 pounds, so I'm right and you're not."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:The nutritionist I took a seminar with, who is a lifter as well, told us to fast post-workout on heavy squat/dead days.  I guess he knows his shit because he just DLed near 600 pounds in a competition I'm in with him.  No breakfast or lunch.  Then destroy dinner.  I've never really tried that though.  I crave protein after every workout.

I'm interested in this as well.  Always up to learn something.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#36]
No pics, but I just ate 5 eggs, broccoli and goat cheese all scrambled together with Kerrygold butter for breakfast. Will probably have a protein shake with some peanut butter for lunch, then chicken thighs and some kind of green veggie for dinner.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#37]
4 eggs
plain turkey sandwich
apple
protein shake.
650 calories
time to move a 1800lb safe

eta:nevermind it was damaged.  that was fucking worth the wait
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#38]
This is a once a week chicken night. This will last me a few days. I did lemon chicken this time. I'll do pork chops this week too.

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Once a day is much better than 20 times a day the rest of america does and still lives to old age.  20 grams give or take is the norm.
View Quote

This.  Doing it post workout has a purpose and the body uses it. Eating twinkles all day and being lazy, not so much...
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This.  Doing it post workout has a purpose and the body uses it. Eating twinkles all day and being lazy, not so much...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understood the stated purpose. But, both of you are dancing around the issue and indulging in hyperbole, instead of answering the question.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

how do those meat and noodle trays taste after 6 days in the fridge?
View Quote

Probably like shit. I can't really give an informed option cause I'm pretty sure my taste buds checked out when I started drinking pasteurized egg whites by the pound..
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I understood the stated purpose. But, both of you are dancing around the issue and indulging in hyperbole, instead of answering the question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Thanks for explaining. But, it does leave me a bit confused. Aren't repeated, sugar-induced, insulin spikes supposed to be bad for health?"

repeated? YES.  that's why 2/3 of this country is fat.  Repeated insulin spikes will not let your body burn fat from what I understand and will signal it to store it.  Repeated to me is a shitty diet full of pop, white stuff, candy, sugar,etc.  

Most people don't lift every day, I lift 4 days so I wouldn't consider it repeated in my case.

Its also been shown you don't NEED to hit that 30 minute window and you have 24 hours to replace the glycogen.  I still personally follow broscience and hit that window because if I don't I am not only sore, but drag ass the next couple days.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"Thanks for explaining. But, it does leave me a bit confused. Aren't repeated, sugar-induced, insulin spikes supposed to be bad for health?"

repeated? YES.  that's why 2/3 of this country is fat.  Repeated insulin spikes will not let your body burn fat from what I understand and will signal it to store it.  Repeated to me is a shitty diet full of pop, white stuff, candy, sugar,etc.  

Most people don't lift every day, I lift 4 days so I wouldn't consider it repeated in my case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<chuckle> The human capacity for self-delusion never fails to amaze and amuse me.

repeated: said, done, or happening again and again

I hate to break it to you, but if you're doing it four times per week, week after week, month after month, year after year, it's repeated.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

<chuckle> The human capacity for self-delusion never fails to amaze and amuse me.

I hate to break it to you, but if you're doing it four times per week, week after week, month after month, year after year, it's repeated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am confused about what y'all are talking about?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am confused about what y'all are talking about?
View Quote

Broscience showdown.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why dont you try google instead of trying to pick apart what i said ?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you share the data you're using to define what constitutes an insulin spike and the frequency at which that becomes harmful?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

wtf is fit and active rice?
View All Quotes

About $2 a box more than regular rice.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The purpose of post workout nutrition is to stop the breakdown of muscle and kick start the rebuilding by flooding the blood stream with amino acids and glycogen.

People seem to think you only build muscle when you sleep but protein synthesis is happening 24 hours a day.

*I'm not a nutritionist and frankly not all that smart.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The nutritionist I took a seminar with, who is a lifter as well, told us to fast post-workout on heavy squat/dead days.  I guess he knows his shit because he just DLed near 600 pounds in a competition I'm in with him.  No breakfast or lunch.  Then destroy dinner.  I've never really tried that though.  I crave protein after every workout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe have something to do with increased insulin sensitivity?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Top Top