Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 4:30:10 PM EDT
I've been busting my ass trying to gain weight over 220. Finally hit 221 and get sick. Feel like shit for 3 days, but still manage to get in 2700cals worth of meals (600 short of my usual), still managed to train (though half assed) and slept for 10hrs a night. No vomiting and didn't have the shits. Wake up this morning and I'm 213. So damn frustrating.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds more like you didn't lose that weight, you only had gained temporary weight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, sounds like water loss.  One coach, former pro something or other, wrote that his weight could vary by up to ten pounds during a week.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys talk about losing 10 lbs in a week being at 220 lbs body weight. When I'm bad sick, I lose maybe 2-4 at the most (at 170 lbs BW). I literally look like the guy in the picture.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had 7# swings from day to day.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't get sick often, but last year I had some kind of gastrointestinal virus that had me puking for a day and had the wicked shits for at least a week. Lost 25+ pounds. Looked great, but my lifts went to hell.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a girlfriend that looked forward to stomach viruses.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I knew a girl that took laxatives back when we were in high school. Her entire life is a how to screw yourself up book.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I knew a girl that took laxatives back when we were in high school. Her entire life is a how to screw yourself up book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friend made something of herself. She's a nurse now, in California.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I always stuff my face when I get sick, it makes me feel better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top