Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2015 8:10:52 PM EDT
Someone linked a cheap power rack and had good things to say about it in a thread on here a while back but I can't find it.

Anyone got a link?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the obligatory Rogue fitness plug.

It ain't the cheapest.

http://www.roguefitness.com/strength-equipment/power-racks

Really liking the Fold Back Wall Mount rig.

Or there's Powerline

http://www.amazon.com/Powerline-PPR200X-PowerLine-Power-Rack/dp/B000VLRVSC
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of these, couple if guys here have them and I will get one when ever I am ready to build a home gym.

http://www.titandistributorsinc.com/default/crossfit-equipment.html
View Quote

That's the one! Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
here is the one I have....without all the stuff attached.

link
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm telling you, a gym membership is one of the best investments you can make.  I have access to high end EliteFTS power racks, endless weights and bars of all types, cable machines, Hammer Strength machines, 45 degree leg press machines, etc.  Plus, regularly seeing people at a higher level than yourself forces you to improve.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm telling you, a gym membership is one of the best investments you can make.  I have access to high end EliteFTS power racks, endless weights and bars of all types, cable machines, Hammer Strength machines, 45 degree leg press machines, etc.  Plus, regularly seeing people at a higher level than yourself forces you to improve.
View Quote

I have the opposite feeling.  I like my home gym WAY better than when I had a gym membership.  That is why I cancelled it .  I hardly ever went once I got my home gym set up.  I don't need all the extra equipment.  

My home gym I can lift in any attire I want. Listen to my music as loud as I want.  Never have to wait on a piece of equipment.  Only my sweat is on it.  Don't have to drive anywhere.  I lift with my wife so if she does not get off the same time as me then one of us had to wait at the gym.  At home not an issue, I can do other stuff until she gets home.

Also not everyone live in a place that has a nice gym.  So people live in rural areas or small towns that don't even have gyms.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a body solid 11g rack. It's awesome. and $500 shipped.

I like my home gym. I lift in my underwear frequently during the summer... Can'd do that in public.

Plus Saves 10-30minutes/session not having to drive anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have the opposite feeling.  I like my home gym WAY better than when I had a gym membership.  That is why I cancelled it .  I hardly ever went once I got my home gym set up.  I don't need all the extra equipment.  

My home gym I can lift in any attire I want. Listen to my music as loud as I want.  Never have to wait on a piece of equipment.  Only my sweat is on it.  Don't have to drive anywhere.  I lift with my wife so if she does not get off the same time as me then one of us had to wait at the gym.  At home not an issue, I can do other stuff until she gets home.

Also not everyone live in a place that has a nice gym.  So people live in rural areas or small towns that don't even have gyms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough.  I worked out at home for several years before getting a gym membership.  But for me, there is no comparison.  I have access to a great gym and would use it all day every day over working out at home.  Others may have different circumstances and come to a different conclusion.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been lifting at home for over a year now and I haven't felt the need for any of those things. I do strictly barbell exercises. In fact when I started I bought a rope extension and a curl bar thinking I would use them and they're just collecting (chalk) dust in the corner. Including the unnecessary shit, I'm $550 into my home gym and it's stacked with good good stuff.

Plus, I have two little boys, so where it's extremely easy to make excuses for not going to the gym, finding child care and timing is two that I can easily cross off the list. I just let my boys play in the front yard with the garage door open and get my lift on in the garage.

My friends are in the same boat except they don't even lift bro. But they came over last night and I think we may have fixed that. After I explained to his wife that women lifting heavy weights won't cause your voice to deepen, the development of an Adam's apple and your vagina to fall off.

This link is going straight to them. They're on fire with that Rippetoe stuff.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a body solid 11g rack. It's awesome. and $500 shipped.

I like my home gym. I lift in my underwear frequently during the summer... Can'd do that in public.

Plus Saves 10-30minutes/session not having to drive anywhere.
View Quote

This. I also clean guns between sets and drink beer. Beer is the ultimate energy drink.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Here ya go!  You can make it in about an hour.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz151/kennethrosalclist/photo26.jpg

View Quote

Well then....

I don't what ya'll are complaining about.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm lucky I have a pretty nice gym 2 min from the house.  24 hour deal with key fob.  Two nice racks one has bumper plates.  

Best set up I had was my last job.  We had a rack in the office and worked out as part of the work day.  

As someone else posted, depending on your goals there is something to be said for working out in an gym where tons of really strong guys work out.  It could really help you get strong.   I know Matt Reynolds has a gym with that type of atmosphere.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Deathtrap.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I had started a gym pic thread but it didn't prove to be very popular.  It may give you some ideas though, OP:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1737186_Show_me_where_you_grind___Gym_pic_thread_.html
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had started a gym pic thread but it didn't prove to be very popular.  It may give you some ideas though, OP:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1737186_Show_me_where_you_grind___Gym_pic_thread_.html
View Quote

Mines the third post.

My friend got the bug after lifting with me for the first time this weekend. I remembered someone posted a cheap rack with good reviews. Hank had the link I was looking for.

I might sell mine and buy one if his is too much cooler than mine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#17]
We have a really good local classified in Utah (KSL Classifieds, even if the bastards did remove the guns section after Sandy Hook) that I've been watching for a while and saw several great deals on various equipment, but instead of actually getting some of it I bought an IR laser today.  So there goes the home gym budget for a few months, but the gym that opened in town is only 1 mile away and is just fine.

But at least I'm ready for nite-time coyote hunting now!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

a power rack is far more versatile than those things.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Just buy good gear the first time
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Deathtrap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deathtrap.

What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here's the obligatory Rogue fitness plug.

It ain't the cheapest.

http://www.roguefitness.com/strength-equipment/power-racks

Really liking the Fold Back Wall Mount rig.

Or there's Powerline

http://www.amazon.com/Powerline-PPR200X-PowerLine-Power-Rack/dp/B000VLRVSC
View Quote

Rogue isn't cheap...but I've been thinking hard about the SM1 squat stand...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top