BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 1:42:01 PM EDT
5 different apps and sites Ive gone to give me 5 different numbers

5'10
33 y/o
right now 195 lbs

I started off at 225 last May, and made it down to 182 this past December. I made a job change and my new job is way less physically demanding than my last job, and Ive gained 12 lbs back. Ive made some muscle gains but im still trying to burn belly fat and get back down to 185 or less. Which site will give the most accurate number on what my tdee should be to lose weight?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The most accurate number will come from whatever number you pick and monitoring progress and adjusting as needed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The most accurate number will come from whatever number you pick and monitoring progress and adjusting as needed.
View Quote

This.

My guess is around 1800 net for a 2 lb a week lose.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on how fast you want to lose it. Smaller deficits are easier for most to maintain, but they also take longer, and you have a smaller margin for error. I think a lb or two a week is a good goal to aim for.

As for the most accurate number, you have to find that yourself. Track your food as accurately as possible for a couple of weeks. Note weight change. Adjust as needed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My fitness pal puts me at 2k to lose 1# a week. I weigh 10lbs less than you do though.

Were the numbers at least close?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

This. I had to fidget with my numbers and learn as I go. Internets questionnaires can give you estimates but muscle mass, activity level and genetics will play a big parts and there's no way to tell that to a questionnaire.

I've seen people here and other places cutting at 3000/cals/day. I'd be a miserable fatty at that even lifting 4 days a week and busy on my feet at work.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top