Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 5:19:11 PM EDT
I've been working out in the a.m. mostly the past several weeks, and that is probably going to be the case moving forward.

Whats a good pre-workout meal or even pre-workout supplement to take...usually I'll have a hardboiled egg or fried egg with toast and butter about an hour before hand, sometimes greek yogurt..

A few times I've tried working out without eating anything beforehand, only drinking coffee, but just didn't have the energy for a prolonged workout.

something like this perhaps?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/jym/pre-jym.html

I do follow up my workouts with a protein shake afterwords (optimum nutrition platinum hydro-whey)
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
When I workout in the morning I usually had a protien shake with BCAA and an apple or orange.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with a scoop of whey, 1 cup oats and 1 tablespoon peanut butter 45-60 mins before workout. For supplements I'd go
With creatine, beta alanine and 300 mg's of caffeine.

What are you doing post workout?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't eat before I workout or I get sick.

But I do take a 200 mg caffeine pill, beta alanine and creatine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd go with a scoop of whey, 1 cup oats and 1 tablespoon peanut butter 45-60 mins before workout. For supplements I'd go

View Quote

when you say 1 cup of oats, can you be more specific?  raw? cooked?  instant?

Post workout i just drink water and have a single serving of optimum platinum hydrowhey
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I GET ALL FUCKED UP ON THAT C4!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111one
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Post workout i just drink water and have a single serving of optimum platinum hydrowhey
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instant. Throw it all into a shaker cup and chug it down.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Word
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#10]
One Promasil choc protein drink and one banana.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Whey and oats hour + before and NO-Xplode 30 mins pre-workout and whey, oats and creatine post is pretty much what I do.

But I don't lift in the am either.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I eat around an hour before taking my pre workout and take my preworkout around 15 minutes before my workout. Typically I will eat three hardboiled eggs, or a serving of oatmeal mixed with peanut butter and honey. I use 1MR for my preworkout and it will typically fully kick in within 10 minutes of my workout start. During my workout I drink my protein (On platinum), and during my cooldown and stretches I drink my amino blend. I make sure I have a lot of good protein with my lunch a little later like a chicken breast, or roast beef sandwich.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I take C4 about 30 min prior as per the directions and then change and start my warmup- jump rope, dynamic stretheces, light calisthetics.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:58:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Try EVP Plus.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:56:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I take C4 about 30 min prior as per the directions and then change and start my warmup- jump rope, dynamic stretheces, light calisthetics.
View Quote

yeah, I had a free sample of C4 so gave that a try the other day, i think i noticed a difference in energy and stamina but am not sure.  will probably order a little more and try it for a week.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

yeah, I had a free sample of C4 so gave that a try the other day, i think i noticed a difference in energy and stamina but am not sure.  will probably order a little more and try it for a week.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have a Costco membership, try there.  My local Costco has a two container package for $40.  Otherwise, it's pretty expensive.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Motherfuckin C4 GREEN APPLE

Shit gets me wildin'

I go on a mostly empty stomach in the AM but I usually grab a handful of Cheerios just so the preworkout doesn't cause me indigestion.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I have been pretty happy with C4 as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:25:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you have a Costco membership, try there.  My local Costco has a two container package for $40.  Otherwise, it's pretty expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nearest Costco is almost an hour away....and honestly these days I am so pressed for time, it's worth it to me to pay a little more to get it shipped from someplace so I don't have to drive all over creation to look for it.  

is this that bad of a deal:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFBQ8UA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

what about this muscle milk product?

http://www.musclemilk.com/products/powders/pro-series-50-2-2-2/
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

nearest Costco is almost an hour away....and honestly these days I am so pressed for time, it's worth it to me to pay a little more to get it shipped from someplace so I don't have to drive all over creation to look for it.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFBQ8UA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The amazon deal is good. At costco it is 2 30 serving containers for $40, amazon is 1 60 serving container for just under $35. I do the amazon deal, I prefer the blue raz flavor or whatever they call it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I GET ALL FUCKED UP ON THAT C4!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111one
View Quote

YAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

I just got some awhile ago, it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The the MM Product just creatine? I got a case of the ADHD.

I got my creatine from bodybuilding.com. I use the Optimum Nutrition stuff. They're trustworthy company with great pricing. Like a ny good dope dealer knows, you get discount when you scoop up the quantity so I got the ginganto jug of the stuff for like $40.

I think it's 2000 servings.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/crea.html?searchterm=optimum%20creatine

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top