Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2015 4:30:11 PM EDT
I used to frequent the bodybuilding forums 10 years ago or so and have recently gone back looking for some info.  They're all really bad now.  

Any suggestions or should I just stay here?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I used to frequent the bodybuilding forums 10 years ago or so and have recently gone back looking for some info.  They're all really bad now.  

View Quote

The misc is way better than GD if you're looking for cheap entertainment.  

What kind of stuff you looking for or are into?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, we have a few pretty legit powerlifters here that always have great advice. A few (normal) crossfitters and former corssfitters, and a few olympic weightlifters. We have some guys into biking and some guys that really know running too. I don't think we have many bodybuilders however.

Personally I like it here, and if you fall into one of the above categories specifically I'd say you're probably pretty good here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD has turned into MISC lite but with guns, suppressors, America and a dose of "fuck yeah!"
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, we have a few pretty legit powerlifters here that always have great advice. A few (normal) crossfitters and former corssfitters, and a few olympic weightlifters. We have some guys into biking and some guys that really know running too. I don't think we have many bodybuilders however.

Personally I like it here, and if you fall into one of the above categories specifically I'd say you're probably pretty good here.
View Quote

x2.   There are some good resources here without the general GD childishness.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

GD has turned into MISC lite but with guns, suppressors, America and a dose of "fuck yeah!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no way GD is bigger than the MISC bro, you can't just call time out and stroll on back to the tech forums if you don't like how things are going.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I am more of a strength / endurance athlete and I like it here just fine...
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Come for the guns, stay for the fitness advice
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I think things really only get heated when someone comes in, asks advice, gets some good well thought out advice then says "nah...fuck you guys, I do what I want"

Don't be that guy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#9]
SD&F is a weirdly tightknit community for a subform of a gun forum. Bro science types don't stay long, advice normally seems solid, with an emphasis of performance over aesthetics.

It's cool, and I like it. #nohomo
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SD&F is a weirdly tightknit community for a subform of a gun forum. Bro science types don't stay long, advice normally seems solid, with an emphasis of performance over aesthetics.

View Quote

I call you guys my internet friends

#maybealittlehomo

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]
If GD is a cesspool, misc is Hell.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There's no way GD is bigger than the MISC bro, you can't just call time out and stroll on back to the tech forums if you don't like how things are going.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Population wise GD might be bigger.  I'd give logic to the MISC too.  The big difference is that MISC denizens know they are trolling and GD's population is mostly retards ad hominem'ing and straw manning the shit out of every argument.

The only reason I joined this site was because of this forum.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Population wise GD might be bigger.  I'd give logic to the MISC too.  The big difference is that MISC denizens know they are trolling and GD's population is mostly retards ad hominem'ing and straw manning the shit out of every argument.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I just watched Point Break like two days ago and everything is "Utah, get me two!" and "forget something brah."  But yes, I totally agree with the above.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically just somewhere with decent training and nutrition information.  

I looked thru the misc a little bit.  The people there are weird man.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I competed in power lifting the past 8 years or so.  Best lifts of 850 squat (equipped) 550 bench (equipped) and 705 deadlift (raw).

I tore my distal biceps tendon about 8 months ago through and have basically started over completely.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think I'll just hang out here for a while.  Hopefully I can be helpful.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are some cool and very smart people on here that are willing to help. Just dont ask a question then argue and complain about the advise. Or modify a program and wonder why it is not working for you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There are some cool and very smart people on here that are willing to help. Just dont ask a question then argue and complain about the advise. Or modify a program and wonder why it is not working for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually manage a large fitness facility.  Kind of a YMCA type but I've stocked it with power lifting equipment.  I get this at work a lot.  Some one will ask me a question and I'll start in on an answer and 2 sentences in I can see they've totally blanked on me.  Apparently I'm not telling them what they want to hear.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I competed in power lifting the past 8 years or so.  Best lifts of 850 squat (equipped) 550 bench (equipped) and 705 deadlift (raw).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damned impressive numbers.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  The dead lift is the one I'm proudest of.  Wish I had it on video.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best ones are the ones who "will literally vomit if I eat vegetables"!  Boo hoo, it's too hard to eat healthfully!
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The best ones are the ones who "will literally vomit if I eat vegetables"!  Boo hoo, it's too hard to eat healthfully!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that one....damm I am getting old
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's  true.  Wait is this the training myths thread?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. I remember making a comment about my 6 year old eating vegetables haha.

OP- awesome numbers! I think you'll like it here and I'm sure you'll have lots of good advice to contribute with that kind of experience.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sorry, I just watched Point Break like two days ago and everything is "Utah, get me two!" and "forget something brah."  But yes, I totally agree with the above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XmKzL8VcDw

View Quote

One of my closest friends is a cop and I always like to ask him how many times he fired his gun in the air when a random perp escaped.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Come for the guns, stay for the fitness advice
View Quote

truth.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I tore my distal biceps tendon about 8 months ago through and have basically started over completely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez man, I don't think you need anyone's advice.  Unless you are just making that stuff up.

At those #'s even Mark Rippetoe would say you are entitled to your own opinion.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Geez man, I don't think you need anyone's advice.  Unless you are just making that stuff up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks and I certainly have my opinions.  More than anything I'm looking for a place to discuss training and nutrition with like minded people.  I'm liking it here so far.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#29]
825 squat

Here's a video of a meet I did a while back.  825 opener in a squat suit.  

***No idea of I hot linked that correctly***
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
825 squat

View Quote

Holy shit man.  What kind of insane meal plan were you on at that time?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
825 squat

View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thanks and I certainly have my opinions based on years of training and eating like a boss, and general baddassery.  More than anything I'm looking for a place to discuss training and nutrition with like minded people.  I'm liking it here so far.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks and I certainly have my opinions based on years of training and eating like a boss, and general baddassery.  More than anything I'm looking for a place to discuss training and nutrition with like minded people.  I'm liking it here so far.  

I took the liberty off adding a few words.  

Like has been mentioned, plenty of guys here who are into the strength stuff.  Good place.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
825 squat

Keep in mind that was equipped.  I was squatting mid 600's raw at that time.  I generally ate a lot of everything.  Weighed in around 265 for that meet.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Like has been mentioned, plenty of guys here who are into the strength stuff.  Good place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol thank you
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

825 squat

View Quote
fuck

edit: fuck!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys are embarrassing me. I've been lucky to have some great training partners and coaches to be honest. Plus I work in a gym all day
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You guys are embarrassing me. I've been lucky to have some great training partners and coaches to be honest. Plus I work in a gym all day
View Quote

Oh then thats different, that was way easy.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
fuck  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
825 squat

fuck  

You could probably put it on your back. I would be crushed to death.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
825 squat

View Quote

Are you genuinely in fear for your life when you have that much weight on your back?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are you genuinely in fear for your life when you have that much weight on your back?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
825 squat

No that would most likely lead to something very bad. It's something you work up to over a long period of time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top