User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've recently started using MusclePharm's Combat Powder and the Vanilla is excellent.
View Quote

cookies and cream is awesome with milk. Tastes just like oreos. But Im reading they spike their protein so I might have to switch
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh, well as long as there's beta lactoglobulin in it....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's the consensus on Myprotein? I just ordered a giant bag.

I've been though almost 22lbs of it and I'll be ordering another bag soon along with some protein cookies. Or you can spend twice as much to solve a problem we just made up on page 2 of this thread and doesn't actually exist.

Google answers all:

The protein fractions are: 44% Beta lactoglobulin, 17% Alpha lactalbumin, 1.5% Bovine serum albumin, 8% Immunoglobulin G, 0.5% Lactoferrin, 26% Glycomacropeptide. The amino acid profile can be found at the bottom of the page under 'Certificates'.

About Manufacturer

My protein has been around for more than 10 years. The company provides premium quality sports supplements with achievable goals. The people working at My Protein take pride in using high quality ingredients in all its products which individually get tested in micro-biological labs. The consistently high quality of My Protein products has made it one of the leading companies of Europe as far as sports nutrition brands are concerned. What make My Protein stand out in the market are its high quality yet cheap prices. It is cost effective because the company buys the ingredients in bulk and manufactures the products and then sells them directly online by taking the middle man out of the scene which makes the product cheaper than others.

Made in "Europe."

Oh, well as long as there's beta lactoglobulin in it....

But it's from Europe, they could poison you or something.

I've gone through about 8lbs and various flavors.  I endorse Cinnamon Roll in coffee, strawberry jelly jam roll is great in water, probably would taste like a strawberry shake in milk.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've recently started using MusclePharm's Combat Powder and the Vanilla is excellent.
View Quote

MusclePharm is one of the companies that got busted amino spiking
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So where is this stuff made ?It says free delivery to "mainland USA"...   made in china?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to use Optimum, then I found this site. Read the Reddit links, it scores higher than Optimum at less than half the cost. Basically, when you wait for the sales to come around, you buy 5lbs and get 6lbs FREE compared to Optimum prices and it scored higher in purity on top of that.

And their peanut butter is tits too.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1694812_11lbs_of_protein_concentrate__60_shipped_edit___Ends_I_have_no_idea_.html

This. Never switching unless they jack up their prices

http://us.myprotein.com/home.dept

So where is this stuff made ?It says free delivery to "mainland USA"...   made in china?  

Just to update:

I checked the bag:

Made in USA from domestically and internationally sourced ingredients.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I use and really like Nitrean from AtLarge Nutrition.  I also use some of their other products.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for recommending me the Optimum Nutritian.  Good tasting Vanilla and I mix it with peanut butter and banana.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks guys for recommending me the Optimum Nutritian.  Good tasting Vanilla and I mix it with peanut butter and banana.
View Quote

Good choice! ON is awesome
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#8]
That My Protein site has the most jacked up ordering system/website I think I've ever encountered.  It's like they're going out of their way to piss me off and make me go elsewhere.  

Am I the only one running into that mess?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That My Protein site has the most jacked up ordering system/website I think I've ever encountered.  It's like they're going out of their way to piss me off and make me go elsewhere.  

View Quote

Yes.

What's the issue?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes.

What's the issue?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

What's the issue?

I'll let you know when customer service gets back with me.  

They just don't want me to buy from them for some reason, lol.  It's no Amazon, I'll tell you that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think so

Ive had no issues with any of my orders from them
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I never got an answer so I'm going to assume that they didn't like the fact that my credit card expires this month.  Customer service was zero help and basically just told me to figure it out and fix it.  

I've never had a transaction declined before the end of the expiring month but I used a different card and haven't gotten a problem email yet so I guess that was it.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I make my own:

2 TBL PB2 powdered peanut butter
2TBL cocoa
10 oz of Almond Milk
Ice
1 frozen banana
Splenda to sweeten

Gets about 30gr protein with only about 150 calories
View Quote

A medium sized banana is 105 calories by itself, 17g of sugar and 1g protein.
I'm guessing your delicious concoction is about 300 calories.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I like Dymatize 100% whey protein.  Careful buying the cheap no name crap as a lot of these companies have been "spiking" their protein products which means dumping a bunch of cheap amino's into the protein to get their protein content up and keeping their cost down.  Optimum is ok but tastes like crap imo.  

Avoid musclepharm for sure, they're one of the worst "spiking" offenders.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need a protein drink supplement.

At least 20grams/drink.

Price is important.

Is there a certain type of protein drink I should shoot for?

I like Dymatize 100% whey protein.  Careful buying the cheap no name crap as a lot of these companies have been "spiking" their protein products which means dumping a bunch of cheap amino's into the protein to get their protein content up and keeping their cost down.  Optimum is ok but tastes like crap imo.  

Avoid musclepharm for sure, they're one of the worst "spiking" offenders.

I am currently using Musclepharm. Doh!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I make my own:

2TBL cocoa
10 oz of Almond Milk
Ice
1 frozen banana
Splenda to sweeten

Out of idle curiosity I ran this in my fitness pal

212 calories assuming a medium sized banana.
39g carbs
9g protein

Worst protein shake ever. Not sure where the 30g came from....
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

39g carbs
9g protein

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I make my own:

2TBL cocoa
10 oz of Almond Milk
Ice
1 frozen banana
Splenda to sweeten

39g carbs
9g protein

Quadruple the recipe it'd be a good weight gainer shake.

And studies have shown that Splenda will make your penis fall off and give you ass cancer.

True story.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://superfitdads.com/images/2013/04/Cartman_Weight_Gain_4000-292x300.jpg

And studies have shown that Splenda will make your penis fall off and give you ass cancer.

True story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I make my own:

2TBL cocoa
10 oz of Almond Milk
Ice
1 frozen banana
Splenda to sweeten

39g carbs
9g protein

http://superfitdads.com/images/2013/04/Cartman_Weight_Gain_4000-292x300.jpg

True story.

My protein shake is:

2 cups whole milk
3 scoops whey protein
2 table spoons peanut butter.
Banana sometimes.
Now that's good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I never got an answer so I'm going to assume that they didn't like the fact that my credit card expires this month.  Customer service was zero help and basically just told me to figure it out and fix it.  

I've never had a transaction declined before the end of the expiring month but I used a different card and haven't gotten a problem email yet so I guess that was it.  

View Quote

Are you sure you're on the US site?  

I had an issue using a Visa gift card on their site.  Even with it registered to me on Visa's site, they just wouldn't authorize the gift card.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I had an issue using a Visa gift card on their site.  Even with it registered to me on Visa's site, they just wouldn't authorize the gift card.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, although it did flip me back to the GB site from one of the email links they sent to *fix* the issue.  

It eventually went through with a different card.  The whole experience was just weird.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, although it did flip me back to the GB site from one of the email links they sent to *fix* the issue.  

It eventually went through with a different card.  The whole experience was just weird.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was screwing around on their website and everything worked fine for me. I was impressed that the discount code worked and did what it said it should do.
Going to make an order in the next week or two.
------------
Discount Codes:
COOKIE55: Free protein cookies if you spend $55
MYSTERYUS: 25% off the top 25 best sellers
VARIETY: BUY 2 (2.2 lbs Impact Protein) get one free (this is a 33.3% discount on 3)
-------------
The best deal currently is to get 11 lbs and use MYSTERYUS code on it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I think if I place an order I need a "referrer code" because then you get a bunch of MP points when I order something. Who's a regular customer of theirs?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I hadn't heard that, so thanks for pointing it out.

The Arnold Iron Mass is the product that they are accused of spiking; I'm not sure what to think about Combat Powder, because it lists 25g of protein and then in its "protein matrix" or whatever it lists protein plus aminos and says 33g.  So I think they may be accurately labeling it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cookies and cream is awesome with milk. Tastes just like oreos. But Im reading they spike their protein so I might have to switch

The Arnold Iron Mass is the product that they are accused of spiking; I'm not sure what to think about Combat Powder, because it lists 25g of protein and then in its "protein matrix" or whatever it lists protein plus aminos and says 33g.  So I think they may be accurately labeling it.

Its the best tasting protein Ive found by far.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which means it's probably full of shit

If it tastes like a candy bar....
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think if I place an order I need a "referrer code" because then you get a bunch of MP points when I order something. Who's a regular customer of theirs?
View Quote

MP29552397

May your biceps grow.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

MP29552397

May your biceps grow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP29552397

May your biceps grow.

I placed an order for $122 today using your code when I signed up for my account. Hopefully that gets you something nice.
------------
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I placed an order for $122 today using your code when I signed up for my account. Hopefully that gets you something nice.
------------
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP29552397

May your biceps grow.

------------

Thank you sir!

I'll get you back when I order again...should be sometime this month or early next month.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top