Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2015 5:10:35 PM EDT
So for my second auxiliary lift on bench day for 5/3/1, I elected to do Kroc rows. All I can say is damn. Those things make your whole upper body throb. They are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome cardio. Just watch volume and frequency. Don't want to end up with tendinitis.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Cardio?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, never heard of Kroc Rows.  I'll try them next back day
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool, never heard of Kroc Rows.  I'll try them next back day https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YJGeMkQWCsk
View Quote

Fuck they rock. I can't wait to feel what putting on a tee shirt is like in the morning
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cardio?
View Quote

I was up to 125x40 each arm.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

Why'd you stop?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why'd you stop?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

Why'd you stop?

Tendinitis. . Hence the above warning.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I read the article on kroc's back workout routine.  Wish I had the time to do all of that.  Maybe after I get my ass whooped at my competition in April, I can go full meathead again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I do them every now and then, I really ought to do them consistently for a few months and see what happens.  Ill bet the results would be good.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

Why'd you stop?

Same issue here. It's a serious bitch.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

125lbx40 rep dumbell rows? Shit, I generally think I'm strong but can't touch that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to love those but they ended up being murder on my shoulder. I used to work up to 155 lbs for 12-16 reps or so. I had a really strong back at the time and was doing a lot of heavy forced reps on barbell curls/rows also which really brought my overall strength level up significantly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Never knew they were called "Kroc Rows". I always called them dumb-bell rows. Guess I don't even lift.

Edit: That guy puts a workout vid online and names something people have been doing forever after himself? Yeah, he invented that move.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never knew they were called "Kroc Rows". I always called them dumb-bell rows. Guess I don't even lift.

Edit: That guy puts a workout vid online and names something people have been doing forever after himself? Yeah, he invented that move.
View Quote

It's more the rep range that is his "own". And I think someone else named it after him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's more the rep range that is his "own". And I think someone else named it after him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We got a live one...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys should try TheDevilYouLoveSquats.  It's like squats but for high reps

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cardio?

Why'd you stop?

The tendinitis kicks my ass with Kroc rows as well.  I really have to pay attention to volume and frequency.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I did his back workout in the video today, felt great.  The T bar was being used so I substiuted a superset of Hammer Strength Mid Rows and low cable rows instead.  Also, for the last 25 pull ups I did narrow neutral grip side to side pull ups.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You missed a crucial point...you don't get to name it after yourself.  It's not crossfit.    
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm. Rep range. An arbitrary number. OK, everyone, I do 58.5 reps of 20# and we'll call them PKT-rows. I need a youtube page and a gymbro.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hmm. Rep range. An arbitrary number. OK, everyone, I do 58.5 reps of 20# and we'll call them PKT-rows. I need a youtube page and a gymbro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference is you are not a huge well known pro powerlifter that contributes that lift to your grip strength, you are another random dude bitching on the internet.

I also believe someone else called them that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You missed a crucial point...you don't get to name it after yourself.  It's not crossfit.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like Hank Squats.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#23]
How did you guys overcome your tendonitis?

I'm going to start working out again soon and am very concerned about a relapse - especially, in my forearms. It gets really bad, quick.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How did you guys overcome your tendonitis?

I'm going to start working out again soon and am very concerned about a relapse - especially, in my forearms. It gets really bad, quick.

Thanks!
View Quote

Jump in Modern Service Weapons. Tim Lau just did a 3 part series on elbow tendinitis.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Jump in Modern Service Weapons. Tim Lau just did a 3 part series on elbow tendinitis.
View Quote

Got a link to that Hizzie?

Nevermind:  I found it myself.  Thanks for the reference to it.  Much needed here!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top