Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 7:47:18 PM EDT
Looking to pick up a used treadmill, budget is about $300. Any ideas on what I should be looking for or staying away from. Buy once cry once, you get what you pay for and all that... I get. In all honesty, if the thing lasted me 6 months to a year and helped me reach my goal, that's really all I want. I don't need it to last forever.

I'm not a runner at all. I might be attending a LE academy and I'm trying to prepare for a 1.5 mile run 3x a week. Would use the street but trying to keep impact down as I'm 46 years old and have had back issues develop when I've run on the street in the past.

Just want to avoid injuries at all costs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any specific advise for treadmills, but am curious as to where the running will take place at your LE academy.  If it is outdoors and on the street, why not start there anyway?  In my experience a treadmill won't me much less impact than street running anyway.  If you do use the treadmill for preparation, be sure to set the incline up a few degrees to help replicate the resistance that "normal" running has so you aren't setting yourself up for failure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top